ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-20 LAC Depth Chart

Moderators: TrueLAfan, QRich3, mkwest, og15

TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 18,747
And1: 5,202
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#41 » by TheNewEra » Mon Jul 29, 2019 11:07 pm

illastrate wrote:
50CalClips wrote:
illastrate wrote:What is your ideal depth chart right now?


PG - Pat Beverley - Lou Williams (8th) - Landry Shamet
SG - Paul George - Landry Shamet (7th) - Lou Williams - Terance Mann (11th)
SF - Kawhi Leonard - Paul George - Mo Harkless (9th) - Terance Mann
PF - JaMychal Green - Kawhi Leonard - Montrezl Harrell/Mo Harkless/Mfiondu Kabengele (10th)
C - Ivica Zubac - Montrezl Harrell (6th) - Mfiondu Kabengele


New Fan-Favorite: Mfiondu Kabengele (leaps and bounds-improvement this season and next few years)

Most Increased Usage: Landry Shamet (will start at SG if/while George is out, and play some PG)

Most Decreased Usage: Lou Will (15th season, 33 yrs old, career-high Usage last yr, won't be asked to carry them as much with Kawhi and George)

Is it fair to say that the Clippers Bench is be even better than last year?!?


I would say McGruder will get some playing time. Don't see him signing a 3 year, 15M deal just to have a bunch of DNP's.


Could be his contract is going to be used if a trade is needed
User avatar
QRich3
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 5,570
And1: 3,603
Joined: Apr 03, 2011
 

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#42 » by QRich3 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:16 am

Nah I think he's gonna be a staple off the bench, he should be the back up SG all year long. I have a feeling he's gonna surprise a lot of people that haven't been following him in Miami.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 7,515
And1: 445
Joined: Apr 11, 2001

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#43 » by TrueLAfan » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:16 pm

C—Zubac (s) 1650, Trezz 1600, Green 400, Kabengele 300
PF—Green 1350, Harkless 800, Trezz 500, PG (s)/Kawhi 750, Other SF/PF/C we will get 600
SF—Kawhi (s) 1750, PG 1500, Harkless 700
SG—Shamet 1600 (s), McGruder 900, PG 450, Lou 400, Rome/Mann 650
PG—Bev (s) 1850, Lou 1400, Sham/Mann 350, Other PG we will get 350

which breaks down to

PG: 2350
Kawhi: 2100
Trezz: 2100
Bev: 1850
Lou: 1800
Green: 1750
Shamet: 1700
Zubac: 1650
Harkless: 1500
McGruder: 900
Other SF/PF/C we will get: 600
Mann: 500
Rome: 400
Other PG we will get: 350
Kabengele: 300


I’d be betting that it will be fairly close to evenly split between when Sham starts (PG at PF, depending on matchup), or Green starts (PG at SG, depending on matchup).

I agree with QRich3 about McGruder: I posted this earlier. He was decent—maybe a little below average—as a 22-25 mpg starter on .500 teams. I think he’ll be a very good player as a 12-15 mpg 10th man mainly going up against second and third team players.
Image
User avatar
QRich3
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 5,570
And1: 3,603
Joined: Apr 03, 2011
 

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#44 » by QRich3 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:26 pm

Yeah he's also the right kind of personality for this team, kind of guy that takes it personal when he gets scored on. He will for sure mesh well with guys like Bev, Green, Trez and them.

You bring him, Trez, Green and Harkless off the bench, with Lou making things happen on the other end, team's benches are gonna have a lot of trouble scoring.
User avatar
50CalClips
Junior
Posts: 320
And1: 93
Joined: Jul 25, 2019
 

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#45 » by 50CalClips » Thu Aug 1, 2019 6:11 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:C—Zubac (s) 1650, Trezz 1600, Green 400, Kabengele 300
PF—Green 1350, Harkless 800, Trezz 500, PG (s)/Kawhi 750, Other SF/PF/C we will get 600
SF—Kawhi (s) 1750, PG 1500, Harkless 700
SG—Shamet 1600 (s), McGruder 900, PG 450, Lou 400, Rome/Mann 650
PG—Bev (s) 1850, Lou 1400, Sham/Mann 350, Other PG we will get 350

which breaks down to
PG: 2350
Kawhi: 2100
Trezz: 2100
Bev: 1850
...

Wait, George is the backup SF and 3rd at SG after McGruder?
I'm not with that.

Start George...
User avatar
50CalClips
Junior
Posts: 320
And1: 93
Joined: Jul 25, 2019
 

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#46 » by 50CalClips » Thu Aug 1, 2019 6:13 pm

For Reference: Minutes per game for 2019...

Minutes/Game AFTER Tobias trade:
Pat Bev = 29.2 -- before = 26.8
Gallinari = 28.8 -- before = 31.1
Lou Will = 27.8 -- before = 26.1
Shamet = 27.8
Shai Gils = 27.6 -- before = 26.0
Montrezl = 26.5 -- before = 26.2
Zubac = 20.1
JaMychal = 19.6
Temple = 19.6
Chandler = 15.0 (15 games)
Robinson = 10.5 (14 games) -- before = 9.1 (19 games)
Wallace = 10.4
Motley = 7.5 (9 games) -- before = 6.8 (13 games)
(averages exclude @IND game, Feb 7)

Minutes/Game 2019 Season
George = 36.9
Kawhi = 34.0
Harkless = 23.6 (53 starts of 60)
McGruder = 23.5 (45 starts of 66)
User avatar
50CalClips
Junior
Posts: 320
And1: 93
Joined: Jul 25, 2019
 

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#47 » by 50CalClips » Thu Aug 1, 2019 7:03 pm

Here's my latest Depth Chart:

PG - Pat Bev - Lou Will (8th) - Shamet - Terance (11th)
SG - George - Shamet (6th) - Lou Will - McGruder (12th)
SF - Kawhi - George - Harkless (9th) - Shamet/Terance
PF - JaMychal - Kawhi - Montrezl - Harkless - George/Kabengele
C - Zubac - Montrezl (7th) - Kabengele (10th)

Theses are the Minutes/Game I want to see:
George = 33
Kawhi = 32
Shamet = 30 ("Landry Luxury" wins Sixth Man of the Year)
Montrezl = 28
Pat Bev = 25
Lou Will = 24
Zubac = 22
JaMychal = 22
Harkless = 21
Kabengele = 12
Terance Mann = 10
McGruder = *?*
Robinson = *?*
Motley = *?*

Please note that with players missing games, the players average minutes, in total, add up to more than the actual the total number of minutes available.
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 7,515
And1: 445
Joined: Apr 11, 2001

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#48 » by TrueLAfan » Thu Aug 1, 2019 10:49 pm

50CalClips wrote:
TrueLAfan wrote:C—Zubac (s) 1650, Trezz 1600, Green 400, Kabengele 300
PF—Green 1350, Harkless 800, Trezz 500, PG (s)/Kawhi 750, Other SF/PF/C we will get 600
SF—Kawhi (s) 1750, PG 1500, Harkless 700
SG—Shamet 1600 (s), McGruder 900, PG 450, Lou 400, Rome/Mann 650
PG—Bev (s) 1850, Lou 1400, Sham/Mann 350, Other PG we will get 350

which breaks down to
PG: 2350
Kawhi: 2100
Trezz: 2100
Bev: 1850
...

Wait, George is the backup SF and 3rd at SG after McGruder?
I'm not with that.

Start George...


No, man. That's why the (s) is there. We'll start George with Kawhi, and slide him to the SF/SG when we start subbing starters out. I've got PG leading the team in minutes played with 2350; that's 33.5 minutes a game for 70 games. The load management will help him and us. (And in the 15-20 or so games Kawhi is rested, PG will start at SF.)
Image
User avatar
50CalClips
Junior
Posts: 320
And1: 93
Joined: Jul 25, 2019
 

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#49 » by 50CalClips » Fri Aug 2, 2019 1:20 am

TrueLAfan wrote:No, man. That's why the (s) is there. We'll start George with Kawhi, and slide him to the SF/SG when we start subbing starters out. I've got PG leading the team in minutes played with 2350; that's 33.5 minutes a game for 70 games. The load management will help him and us. (And in the 15-20 or so games Kawhi is rested, PG will start at SF.)

Yeah, I missed that "(s)".

I prefer George more at SG/SF than at PF. Between JaMychal, Kawhi, Harkless, Montrezl, Kabengele, hopefully we won't need George at the PF spot. He's 220 lbs.

I think we agree, though, that JaMychal and Shamet split the role of Sharp-Shooter. One or the other should definitely be out there at all times. George and Kawhi shift accordingly (SG<->SF<->PF).
User avatar
esqtvd
Analyst
Posts: 3,354
And1: 757
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#50 » by esqtvd » Fri Aug 2, 2019 7:17 am

sick

Read on Twitter
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks tend to make my eyes glaze over :lol:
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 18,747
And1: 5,202
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#51 » by TheNewEra » Fri Aug 2, 2019 3:52 pm

esqtvd wrote:sick

Read on Twitter



Going to be fun
User avatar
esqtvd
Analyst
Posts: 3,354
And1: 757
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#52 » by esqtvd » Sun Aug 4, 2019 8:24 am

VERY cool, from Justin Russo

Image
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks tend to make my eyes glaze over :lol:
User avatar
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 12,225
And1: 11,187
Joined: Jul 13, 2014

Re: 2019-20 LAC Depth Chart 

Post#53 » by zimpy27 » Sun Aug 4, 2019 3:50 pm

Healthy playoff rotation:

14 mins: Lou, Shamet, PG-13/Kawhi, Harkless, Harrell
14 mins: Beverley, Shamet, PG-13, Kawhi, Zubac
10 mins: Beverley/Lou, PG-13, Kawhi, Green, Harrell
10 mins: Beverley, Lou, Kawhi, PG-13, Green/Harrell

41 mins: Kawhi (67% SF, 33% PF), PG-13 (25% SG, 50% SF, 25% PF)
29 mins: Beverley (100% PG), Lou (67% PG, 33% SG), Shamet (100% SG), Harrell (100% C)
14 mins: Zubac (100% C), Green (67% PF, 33% C), Harkless (100% PF)

Kawhi and PG13 will have to play out of position more than they probably want to.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
User avatar
Ranma
RealGM
Posts: 14,455
And1: 4,058
Joined: Jun 13, 2011
Location: OC, CA
Contact:
       

Role Players Orbiting Around Stars 

Post#54 » by Ranma » Mon Aug 5, 2019 1:08 am

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
illastrate
Starter
Posts: 2,201
And1: 582
Joined: Aug 16, 2006
   

Re: Role Players Orbiting Around Stars 

Post#55 » by illastrate » Fri Aug 9, 2019 8:11 pm

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter


This was a good read.
User avatar
esqtvd
Analyst
Posts: 3,354
And1: 757
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Clutch Clippers 

Post#56 » by esqtvd » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:31 am

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter


I remember year after year of our losing teams complaining that nobody wanted to step up and take the last shot.

Frankly, on the near-great CP3-Blake teams, nobody wanted to either. Blake did not call for the ball and CP knew he wasn't Kobe (although he did hit the biggest shot in Clipper history).


To his credit, Jamal was unafraid, which is why Doc was sometimes desperate enough to try Jamal in the closing five, but being unafraid to take the big shot is not the same thing as hitting the big shot.

See the Kobe discussion on the other thread



Anyway, we're gonna have 3 guys unafraid to take and make that last shot, and maybe 4 if Shamet's out there.

Or 3 guys who can completely shut down your playmakers and scorers down the other end if Pat's in there.


Dear NBA--I wouldn't want to be you.
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks tend to make my eyes glaze over :lol:
User avatar
esqtvd
Analyst
Posts: 3,354
And1: 757
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Role Players Orbiting Around Stars 

Post#57 » by esqtvd » Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:48 am

[instagram][/instagram]
illastrate wrote:
Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter


This was a good read.


An ok read. The PF minutes question is known even to Captain Obvious. I would have put in that Trezz has been working on his jumper and might actually be able to play some at the 4. His success has come as an undersized center against second-teamers.

I liked the observation that Pat (defense) Lou (scoring and ballhandling) and Sham (deep threat) each bring a top level skill--put them together and you have your 3rd star



IOW, Chris Paul. At less than half the price. Works for me.
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks tend to make my eyes glaze over :lol:
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 18,747
And1: 5,202
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: Role Players Orbiting Around Stars 

Post#58 » by TheNewEra » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:11 pm

illastrate wrote:
Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter


This was a good read.



All of them useful we need Robinson to pull his weight
User avatar
esqtvd
Analyst
Posts: 3,354
And1: 757
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Clutch Clippers 

Post#59 » by esqtvd » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter


I remember year after year of our losing teams complaining that nobody wanted to step up and take the last shot.

Frankly, on the near-great CP3-Blake teams, nobody wanted to either. Blake did not call for the ball and CP knew he wasn't Kobe (although he did hit the biggest shot in Clipper history).


To his credit, Jamal was unafraid, which is why Doc was sometimes desperate enough to try Jamal in the closing five, but being unafraid to take the big shot is not the same thing as hitting the big shot.

See the Kobe discussion on the other thread



Anyway, we're gonna have 3 guys unafraid to take and make that last shot, and maybe 4 if Shamet's out there.

Or 3 guys who can completely shut down your playmakers and scorers down the other end if Pat's in there.


Dear NBA--I wouldn't want to be you.
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks tend to make my eyes glaze over :lol:
illastrate
Starter
Posts: 2,201
And1: 582
Joined: Aug 16, 2006
   

Re: Role Players Orbiting Around Stars 

Post#60 » by illastrate » Sun Aug 11, 2019 8:16 am

TheNewEra wrote:
illastrate wrote:
Ranma wrote:
Read on Twitter


This was a good read.



All of them useful we need Robinson to pull his weight


Not expecting much from Jerome. So far I haven't seen a quality rotation player in him. You saw it with Shai immediately. He had the skillset to be great. I need to see more from Robinson to be convinced and I'm afraid he won't make the rotation again because of the team's depth.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers