ImageImageImageImageImage

14th and 15th Roster Spots ... Who Should We Be Looking At?

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Re: 14th and 15th Roster Spots ... Who Should We Be Looking At? 

Post#41 » by esqtvd » Tue Aug 6, 2019 9:00 pm

Akklaim1 wrote:It really sucks Darren Collison retired so young. We could really use his second stint with us.

If Collison stays in shape through the spring, never say never. Just the kind of thing you want to leave roster spots open for. Right now, the call of the JWs is stronger than another year immersed in the NBA life, which is pretty much a year-round commitment these days. But come January, who knows? 6 months, make another million or two, get a ring. At least with the JWs we know he's probably not out partying every night and he's getting plenty of exercise going all over town knocking on doors. :-)

"While I still love basketball, I know there is something more important, which is my family and my faith," Collison said. "I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses and my faith means everything to me. I receive so much joy from volunteering to help others and participate in a worldwide ministry. The joy I feel is unmatched. With that being said, I have decided to retire from the NBA."

Drafted out of UCLA in 2009, Collison played for the New Orleans Hornets, Indiana Pacers, Dallas Mavericks, LA Clippers and Sacramento Kings.

Collison, 31, averaged 11.2 points, 6.0 assists and 1.4 steals per game last season, his second with the Pacers. He is a career 39.4 percent 3-point shooter and led the league with a 46.8 3-point percentage two seasons ago.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers