RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Clippers Interested in Andre Iguodala [MERGED] 

Post#41 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 3, 2019 4:58 pm

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Rumor is picking up steam

I do not know what that means

Read on Twitter

A simple rumor is gaining traction on social media it doesn’t mean it has to be true joe lol
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#42 » by Yuri Vaultin » Tue Sep 3, 2019 5:31 pm

Today was supposed to be the day, right?
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,128

Post#43 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 3, 2019 6:52 pm

Yeah, I'm glad I don't buy into every rumor I see on the Internet. Today's supposedly the big day and there's been no news on this.

Of course, now that I've posted this, Woj will promptly announce Iggy to the Clippers and make me look like a fool.
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#44 » by 50CalClips » Tue Sep 3, 2019 8:43 pm

Still holding out hope. Could just be the date is off a bit.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,157

Post#45 » by Max Headrom » Tue Sep 3, 2019 10:16 pm

We already know if this front office was up to something, no one would know until the deal is officially announced. We're not like the LA Leakers across the hall
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#46 » by 50CalClips » Tue Sep 3, 2019 11:16 pm

Max Headrom wrote:We already know if this front office was up to something, no one would know until the deal is officially announced. We're not like the LA Leakers across the hall

Edit:
L.B. LeLeakers
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,258

Post#47 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 3, 2019 11:27 pm

honestly i'd just caution against people having really high expectations not just to trade for him, but for how good he currently is.

the team has a lot of pieces that already play his position and he's been declining for a while. if i had to make an analogy, we should be very concerned we're gonna get the clippers version of paul pierce, not the washington wizards version.

imo it'd be best not to make a big deal about him. only thing that should be a problem is if the team decides to expend whatever scant, remaining assets we have to get him, which is too risky, i think.
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

ClipCast Trying to Will Iggy Trade to Happen 

Post#48 » by Ranma » Wed Sep 4, 2019 4:30 am

Dudes are doubling down on their fake news by even saying Joe Johnson is not working out for the Clippers despite a more credible source saying otherwise.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#49 » by playaloc916 » Wed Sep 4, 2019 1:39 pm

Ranma wrote:Dudes are doubling down on their fake news by even saying Joe Johnson is not working out for the Clippers despite a more credible source saying otherwise.

Read on Twitter

Lol I was just about to mention RDambition and Arye Abhraham, but I see ClipsFanSince98 already beat me in his tweet, lol. Who was that KTLA reporter who stuck to his guns about the Kawhi signing? I wonder if he has said anything.

Edit: It was David Pingalore, and he hasn't tweeted anything about it.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#50 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 4, 2019 2:26 pm

playaloc916 wrote:
Ranma wrote:Dudes are doubling down on their fake news by even saying Joe Johnson is not working out for the Clippers despite a more credible source saying otherwise.

Read on Twitter

Lol I was just about to mention RDambition and Arye Abhraham, but I see ClipsFanSince98 already beat me in his tweet, lol. Who was that KTLA reporter who stuck to his guns about the Kawhi signing? I wonder if he has said anything.

same. I was about to say we got another internet insider on our hands. I'm surprised Chris Broussard hasn't plagiarized off him yet. :lol:
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Flom Explains Reality of Iggy Situation 

Post#51 » by Ranma » Wed Sep 4, 2019 6:00 pm

Read on Twitter
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#52 » by 50CalClips » Wed Sep 4, 2019 8:41 pm

nickhx2 wrote:honestly i'd just caution against people having really high expectations not just to trade for him, but for how good he currently is.

the team has a lot of pieces that already play his position and he's been declining for a while. if i had to make an analogy, we should be very concerned we're gonna get the clippers version of paul pierce, not the washington wizards version.

imo it'd be best not to make a big deal about him. only thing that should be a problem is if the team decides to expend whatever scant, remaining assets we have to get him, which is too risky, i think.

Eh... use that Paul Pierce comparison in the Joe Johnson thread (<--age 38). Not here.

Let's be clear, the move for Iguodala would be for Playoffs purposes.
Iguodala is 35 years old, will be 36 by the 2020 Playoffs.

Paul Pierce, age 36 -- Nets 2014 Playoffs:
13.7 pts, 4.5 reb, 2.0 ast, 1.2 stl, 0.3 blk (.539 eFG%) -- 12 gms
30.7 mins, -2 NetRating, 21.6 usage, 0.7 WinShare (2nd on team)

Paul Pierce, age 37 -- Wizards 2015 Playoffs:
14.6 pts, 4.2 reb, 0.9 ast, 0.6 stl, 0.7 blk (.652 eFG%) -- 10 gms
29.8 mins, +22 NetRating, 17.5 usage, 1.2 WinShare (2nd' on team)

---------------------------------------------------------------

2019 Playoffs comparison: Iguodala vs Harkless

9.8 pts, 4.3 reb, 4.0 ast, 1.1 stl, 1.1 blk (.578 eFG%) -- 21 gms, Warriors
30.0 mins, +8 NetRating, 14.0 usage, 1.5 WinShare (4th' on team)

8.4 pts, 4.9 reb, 1.4 ast, 1.1 stl, 1.0 blk (.509 eFG%) -- 16 gms, T'Blazers
24.3 mins, +2 NetRating, 15.9 usage, 0.8 WinShare (5th on team)

I'm good with Harkless, he'll provide good minutes at SF and PF. But whatever the case, when considering Iguodala, lets have proper perspective. Iguodala's true value is that certain intangible quality that he has, being the difference in that pivotal moment.

50CalClips
Rookie

Post#53 » by 50CalClips » Wed Sep 4, 2019 9:21 pm

[tweet]
playaloc916 wrote:Lol I was just about to mention RDambition and Arye Abhraham, but I see ClipsFanSince98 already beat me in his tweet, lol. Who was that KTLA reporter who stuck to his guns about the Kawhi signing? I wonder if he has said anything.

NippySudz wrote:same. I was about to say we got another internet insider on our hands. I'm surprised Chris Broussard hasn't plagiarized off him yet. :lol:

What/who the hell are RDambition and Arye Abhraham?
As far as I can tell, they're just guys on twitter. How did anything they say gain any traction/any of your serious attention? There are thousands of twitterer who say this and that... why would you or anyone even listen to either of those two, in particular?

Chris Wylde from ClipCast has covered/followed the Clippers for a long time. He's no "journalist" per se, but he's at least a guy who has relationships within the Clippers organization, and with Clippers players themselves.

He has equity in his Clipperdom. The way you guys are coming down on the guy is, frankly, off-putting. Chris Wylde is "one of us"... who happens to be in close with the Clips... and he's reporting something that he believes is true. What's with the vitriol, mockery?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,805

Post#54 » by esqtvd » Thu Sep 5, 2019 12:18 am

50CalClips wrote:Chris Wylde from ClipCast has covered/followed the Clippers for a long time. He's no "journalist" per se, but he's at least a guy who has relationships within the Clippers organization, and with Clippers players themselves.

He has equity in his Clipperdom. The way you guys are coming down on the guy is, frankly, off-putting. Chris Wylde is "one of us"... who happens to be in close with the Clips... and he's reporting something that he believes is true. What's with the vitriol, mockery?

After the Kawhi debacle, skepticism is warranted toward most everybody boasting of inside info--even some professionals. As it turned out, the Channel 5 guy did turn out to be right, but most often, fringe sources are wrong.

Read on Twitter

Wylde was already wrong about the date, and either he or this guy [a hithertofore reliable source]

Read on Twitter

is wrong about Johnson. In the least, Wylde misunderstood the info/buzz he heard. Pros can't afford to.

If the Clips have an offer on the table, it's almost certainly Harkless and Jerome because few other salary numbers work. The Grizz are probably asking for picks on top, but our cupboard is bare, even of second-rounders.

ADD JOHNSON:

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#55 » by 50CalClips » Thu Sep 5, 2019 3:08 pm

esqtvd wrote:
50CalClips wrote:Chris Wylde from ClipCast has covered/followed the Clippers for a long time. He's no "journalist" per se, but he's at least a guy who has relationships within the Clippers organization, and with Clippers players themselves.

After the Kawhi debacle, skepticism is warranted toward most everybody boasting of inside info--even some professionals. As it turned out, the Channel 5 guy did turn out to be right, but most often, fringe sources are wrong.

[tweet]

Wylde was already wrong about the date, and either he or this guy [a hithertofore reliable source]...
[tweet]
is wrong about Johnson. In the least, Wylde misunderstood the info/buzz he heard. Pros can't afford to.

If the Clips have an offer on the table, it's almost certainly Harkless and Jerome because few other salary numbers work. The Grizz are probably asking for picks on top, but our cupboard is bare, even of second-rounders.

ADD JOHNSON:

[tweet]

Hold on... putting the "reporting" aside, the tweets aside...

Are you saying that you want the Clippers to add Joe Johnson?!

"Iso Joe"-... "Oh so (old) Joe"

Oh-so old Joe has a negative NetRating for this career... negative NetRating for his All-Star years... negative NetRating in the Playoffs (worse)...
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,047

Post#56 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Sep 5, 2019 7:06 pm

50CalClips wrote:Are you saying that you want the Clippers to add Joe Johnson?!

Oh-so old Joe has a negative NetRating for this career... negative NetRating for his All-Star years... negative NetRating in the Playoffs (worse)...

And, defeated the Clippers in a playoff series?

That's a Doc trait.
50CalClips
Rookie

Post#57 » by 50CalClips » Thu Sep 5, 2019 8:37 pm

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
50CalClips wrote:Are you saying that you want the Clippers to add Joe Johnson?!

And, defeated -the Clippers- in a playoff series?

[youtube]

That's a Doc trait.

*the Blake-less Clippers (1-2 vs Clippers, 3-1 vs Blake-less Clippers)

Game 1 - NetRating of +40 (Off 136 / Def 96)
Game 2 - NetRating of -40 (Off 73 / Def 113)
Game 3 - NetRating of -26 (Off 106 / Def 132)
Game 4 - NetRating of +41 (Off 154 / Def 113)
Game 5 - NetRating of -3 (Off 101 / Def 104)
Game 6 - NetRating of -33 (Off 85 / Def 118)
Game 7 - NetRating of -10 (Off 98 / Def 108)

"Even a blind squirrel finds a broken clock twice in a while" - Anon

Joe Johnson drags teams down.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#58 » by TheNewEra » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:11 am

Fun rumor while it lasted
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#59 » by clipsfever » Fri Sep 6, 2019 2:15 am

Have any of these Iggy rumor perpetrators ever put forth any details of the mechanism of getting Iggy?

Straight Trade like this?
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2wj6x9y

Is it even "legal" to incentivize Memphis to buyout-and-waive Iggy by say, separately trading them: the rights to a Euro, cash, 2nd round pick, etc
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#60 » by TheNewEra » Fri Sep 6, 2019 6:44 pm

clipsfever wrote:Have any of these Iggy rumor perpetrators ever put forth any details of the mechanism of getting Iggy?

Straight Trade like this?
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y2wj6x9y

Is it even "legal" to incentivize Memphis to buyout-and-waive Iggy by say, separately trading them: the rights to a Euro, cash, 2nd round pick, etc

Best case scenario it’s a three team trade. We only send Robinson or some 2nds and a third team sends them some small assets to take a longer contract then the team buys out Iggy. Minnesota comes to mind if they want to get rid of Dieng

Return to Los Angeles Clippers