ImageImageImageImageImage

Shaun Livingston Retires

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

Shaun Livingston Retires 

Post#1 » by Ranma » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:19 pm

After 15 years in the NBA, I’m excited, sad, fortunate and grateful all in one breath. Hard to put into a caption all of the emotions it takes to try and accomplish your dreams. I wasn’t supposed to be here. Anybody that has beat the odds understands the mental and emotional strain it takes to inspire yourself on an uphill war, let alone inspire others. “The injury” gave me a chance to find and prove to myself (and the world) that I wouldn’t be defined by my circumstances. With my time in the League what I will be most proud of is the fact that my character, values and faith were tested, and I persevered.

To my pops that told me to “go get the big ball” I THANK YOU. To my Grandpa that always showed me there was more to life than basketball I THANK YOU. To my Uncles that helped raise me like I was one of their own, THANK YOU. To my wife and kids...the future IS BRIGHTER than our past, and I couldn’t see myself taking on this chapter without you. To all of my teammates, coaches, TRAINERS, staff, my journey is a collection of experiences, and those of you that helped me along the way, THANK YOU! To all the fans and anybody else that inspired me, supported me, cheered for me, or even said good words about me, THANK YOU. “The greatest gift we can give is service to others”

#Raiseaglass

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip
TheBomb81
Pro Prospect
And1: 64

Former Clipper Shaun Livingston Retires From the NBA 

Post#2 » by TheBomb81 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 am

Your thoughts?
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Re: Former Clipper Shaun Livingston Retires From the NBA 

Post#3 » by nickhx2 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:50 am

wish him well.

for many of us he was one of the biggest hopes ever for a then-moribund franchise. it was heartbreaking to see him get injured but fortunately for him he was able to come back and have a successful career.

so, you know. glad for him and wish him the best.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Post#4 » by mkwest » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:57 am

I didn't get to see much if any of his rookie season here. I liked what I saw in '06 and had high expectations going into the '07 season. I will never forget that game/injury. I was watching the game with my dad and he wasn't looking when the injury occurred, but I thought that Shaun had just played his last game in the NBA. We won, but it didn't matter because the future had drastically changed. I was numb. Reading the stories that followed was just very unsettling.

At the time of the injury, I was just hoping that he'd be able to walk again and lead a normal life. During his recovery, the Clippers collected get well letters from the fans. I think I sent him one there and mailed another to his home as well. He also had a little blog that he would post on and I would drop words of encouragement to him on there as well.

I couldn't root for his final team, but it's pretty special that he was able to beat the odds, be a productive player on a championship team and score 3 rings in the process. It's a shame that he is a what-if, but it's remarkable what he did with what he had left. He didn't give up and throw in the towel. It took him a few years to get back but the hard work and determination paid off.

Much respect to Shaun and best of wishes to him in his post-playing career.
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#5 » by Akklaim1 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:28 pm

His retirement was delayed for 12 years. Jeez, his perseverance to come back from that was second to none. Yes, he bounced around the league but the fact that he stayed stateside and didn't have to play overseas to make his way back to the NBA was amazing.

But I want to talk about the what ifs or what could've been. I don't think he would've been all that great even injury-free. He never developed a great shot, particularly a 3 point shot. So I see nothing but a taller Rajon Rondo.
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#6 » by 50CalClips » Tue Sep 17, 2019 10:13 pm

nickhx2 wrote:wish him well.

for many of us he was one of the biggest hopes ever for a then-moribund franchise. it was heartbreaking to see him get injured but fortunately for him he was able to come back and have a successful career.

so, you know. glad for him and wish him the best.

For some of us it was almost the opposite. His time with the Clippers represented the death of our biggest hopes... the unrealized potential of the Odom era.

I missed most of Livingston's time with the Clippers.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,261

Post#7 » by nickhx2 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:28 pm

i can't say i ever associated him with that. the person i associated with the end of the odom/miles era the trade for that POS andre miller.
mkwest
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,728

Re: Shaun Livingston Retires 

Post#8 » by mkwest » Fri Sep 27, 2019 1:31 am

Read on Twitter
Ranma
RealGM
And1: 4,062

NBA Highlight Video 

Post#9 » by Ranma » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:57 pm

LA Legends: Kershaw & Koufax_ Image _IGNORED: Max Headrom-esqtvd-QRich3-EBledsoe12-alon8882-45clip

Return to Los Angeles Clippers