ImageImageImageImageImage

We are one week away from seeing Kawhi and PG in Clippers jersey for the first time

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

We are one week away from seeing Kawhi and PG in Clippers jersey for the first time 

Post#1 » by Yogatti » Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:35 pm

How excited are you guys? Although I'm not sure PG will be playing the pre-season
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Re: We are one week away from seeing Kawhi and PG in Clippers jersey for the first time 

Post#2 » by Young Sterling » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:43 am

Dude I'm stoked. I'm a little scared though. LAC v. LAK = Ash v. Gary in Pokemon. Even if we beat Gary in the first match, you know he's gonna get stronger and add a new pokemon (drop D12, add Noah).

I hope the Lakers don't win though lol... at all... ever against us.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Re: We are one week away from seeing Kawhi and PG in Clippers jersey for the first time 

Post#3 » by clipperlover » Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:48 pm

Young Sterling wrote:Dude I'm stoked. I'm a little scared though. LAC v. LAK = Ash v. Gary in Pokemon. Even if we beat Gary in the first match, you know he's gonna get stronger and add a new pokemon (drop D12, add Noah).

I hope the Lakers don't win though lol... at all... ever against us.

I think AD could easily have been the NBA MVP multiple times if he didn't have to play for Gentry. Gentry wasted his defensive talents with the Gentry D optional system. AD is a great player that is going to take much workload off of LeBron. While people are talking about AD and LeBron, they don't seem to be focused on the impacts Vogel will have on that team defensively. I think the Lakers will win a lot of games and maybe even beat us a time or two.

However, winning in the regular season is totally different than the post season. The Clippers are not built for the regular season, they are built to advance in the playoffs. The Clippers as built are probably closer to the Pistons teams of the early 2000s, but with more star power and a deeper bench. It is going to be hard for any team to beat them 4 times over 7 games unless someone gets injured.

I think Utah and Denver are the teams we most need to worry about come playoff time. Both of those teams are going to be formidable opponents on both ends of the floor.
BKSZN
Junior
And1: 240

Post#4 » by BKSZN » Wed Oct 2, 2019 5:08 pm

I think I read that PG isn’t playing until November
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#5 » by Yogatti » Wed Oct 2, 2019 6:13 pm

BKSZN wrote:I think I read that PG isn’t playing until November

And Kawhi won't play in the preseason. A bit of a bummer
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#6 » by esqtvd » Wed Oct 2, 2019 9:03 pm

Yogatti wrote:
BKSZN wrote:I think I read that PG isn’t playing until November

And Kawhi won't play in the preseason. A bit of a bummer

If it's any consolation, I remember last year being like NFL preseason, with the Agua Calientes getting the majority of the minutes. The second halves were pretty unwatchable, iirc.

Fortunately, KL and PG will be able to do a lot in practice, so it's not like they're out-out. Just out. :)
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#7 » by Akklaim1 » Wed Oct 2, 2019 9:33 pm

I live in Los Angeles and I still have not seen anyone wear a Kawhi or a PG jersey. And I've seen people wearing Clipper shirts. Just not the jerseys of our new stars. But to be fair I have not seen them sold at any apparel store.
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#8 » by Young Sterling » Mon Oct 7, 2019 4:23 am

Akklaim1 wrote:I live in Los Angeles and I still have not seen anyone wear a Kawhi or a PG jersey. And I've seen people wearing Clipper shirts. Just not the jerseys of our new stars. But to be fair I have not seen them sold at any apparel store.

Ok so I was totally about to get a PG jersey, BUT.. a few things came to mind:

1) Still a chance the FO can introduce new jerseys right when the season starts. (They're soooo sneaky you never know what they're gonna do).

2) Earned Edition: Gonna drop sometime around fall this year I believe, totally wanna see that..

In case the jersey stays the same when the season starts, I'm gonna buy a Blue Clippers PG jersey asap. My buddy who I ball against wears a Lebron Laker jersey, so gotta do my part in this stoking this rivalry.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#9 » by esqtvd » Fri Oct 18, 2019 2:18 am

for Xs and Os guys
killer in-depth article on Clippers O and D

https://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/27853716/how-clippers-unleash-their-new-superstar-duo
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#10 » by esqtvd » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:44 pm

Read on Twitter
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#11 » by 50CalClips » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:27 am

Today's the Day!
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,223

Post#12 » by Clemenza » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:15 pm

Better than advertised
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,223

Post#13 » by Clemenza » Wed Oct 23, 2019 4:29 pm

Akklaim1 wrote:I live in Los Angeles and I still have not seen anyone wear a Kawhi or a PG jersey. And I've seen people wearing Clipper shirts. Just not the jerseys of our new stars. But to be fair I have not seen them sold at any apparel store.

Don't worry its coming! I'm definitely seeing alot more Clipper gear being worn around town since the Kawhi announcement

Return to Los Angeles Clippers