Post#21 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Nov 4, 2019 8:53 pm

nickhx2 wrote:i want them to do it because being #1 is better than being #2

Steak knives...
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Re: Paul George 

Post#22 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Nov 4, 2019 9:00 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:It's like getting a new Ferrari and then learning it has to sit in your garage for a couple weeks before you can drive it.

If he aint healthy, he aint healthy and I knew this was what it was when we got him.
I was just confused because it looks like he's getting up shots and participating in our offseason.

And yes, seeding matters.
It never mattered to me during the Lob City era...ya know, when I never thought we were getting the 1 seed any way.
Funny how that works. :D

I guess I was sorta expecting this level of caution with KL and PG when we got them, so I'm not as disappointed as you. I still think we should win most nights until PG is on the floor, so far we've been doing pretty good. If that changes then my mood will probably change quick. :lol:

We got 2 new Ferrari's, we can only drive one of them right now but we still have our dependable pick up trucks from last year to go with them. ;-)
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#23 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Nov 4, 2019 9:09 pm

SK21209 wrote:Agreed 100%; I expect the Clippers to be 7-3 in the first 10 if PG does in fact come back at Houston on Nov. 13th. Frankly, I want them to push for the #1 as I think finishing series early will be huge for preserving Kawhi throughout the playoffs.

Next 3 games- MIL, POR, TOR. All home games, so 2-1 is achievable to get us to 7-3.

After that is 4 easier games- @HOU, @NOP, ATL, OKC. So if PG comes back during that stretch I think we're good.
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,829

Post#24 » by SK21209 » Mon Nov 4, 2019 9:31 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
SK21209 wrote:Agreed 100%; I expect the Clippers to be 7-3 in the first 10 if PG does in fact come back at Houston on Nov. 13th. Frankly, I want them to push for the #1 as I think finishing series early will be huge for preserving Kawhi throughout the playoffs.

Next 3 games- MIL, POR, TOR. All home games, so 2-1 is achievable to get us to 7-3.

After that is 4 easier games- @HOU, @NOP, ATL, OKC. So if PG comes back during that stretch I think we're good.

They've handled this early stretch well; the Suns loss was disappointing but 5-2 given the quality of opponents thus far is very good, particularly given that Bev and Shamet are clearly trying to figure things out. That is a nice 4-game stretch in which to try and bring back PG.

I don't want to draw too many conclusions from such a small sample size of games, but the conference hasn't been quite as ferocious as we initially thought with the Nuggets and Rockets looking mediocre. The Lakers are probably going to run up a really good record in this first quarter of the season but if we can somewhat keep pace, I like our chances of ultimately passing them by. Although it really doesn't matter who has homecourt in a potential series with them since they'll in all likelihood have more fans at every game.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#25 » by clipperlover » Mon Nov 4, 2019 10:11 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:It's like getting a new Ferrari and then learning it has to sit in your garage for a couple weeks before you can drive it.

If he aint healthy, he aint healthy and I knew this was what it was when we got him.
I was just confused because it looks like he's getting up shots and participating in our offseason.

It never mattered to me during the Lob City era...ya know, when I never thought we were getting the 1 seed any way.

I guess I was sorta expecting this level of caution with KL and PG when we got them, so I'm not as disappointed as you. I still think we should win most nights until PG is on the floor, so far we've been doing pretty good. If that changes then my mood will probably change quick. :lol:

We got 2 new Ferrari's, we can only drive one of them right now but we still have our dependable pick up trucks from last year to go with them. ;-)

While PG is out there putting up shots, it definitely does not mean he is ready for someone to come along and set a hard pick into his shoulder. PG can take as much time as he needs. Seeding matters, but rushing PG back too soon could impact seeding also. Once PG does start playing, I expect Doc to start giving guys off regularly. We are deep enough that we don't have to let opponents see us at full strength very much.
SK21209
Lead Assistant

Post#26 » by SK21209 » Mon Nov 4, 2019 10:31 pm

clipperlover wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:

While PG is out there putting up shots, it definitely does not mean he is ready for someone to come along and set a hard pick into his shoulder. PG can take as much time as he needs. Seeding matters, but rushing PG back too soon could impact seeding also. Once PG does start playing, I expect Doc to start giving guys off regularly. We are deep enough that we don't have to let opponents see us at full strength very much.

I get this perspective but respectfully disagree. This is a deep team that can, as we've seen thus far, win without a critical piece. That being said, these guys need to get a lot of experience playing with every combination of each other; the versatility of the roster can't be a strength for us in the playoffs if we haven't fleshed out the mechanics of all those lineups because Kawhi, PG, Beverly, Lou or anyone else is getting a bunch of nights off.

Also, I think it's important for this team to establish themselves as the team to beat. We're not the Warriors or the mid-decade Heat or Spurs where we get to coast through the regular season because we've proved it before. We haven't; this franchise has never been viewed by the league as the crème of the crop. The Lob City teams thought they had the cache and deserved to be seen as such but never earned that swagger and probably lost the two most disappointing series in our history (2014 and 2015) because we didn't have home court. If we're serious about fundamentally changing the role of this franchise, I want to see a dominant regular season.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,295

Post#27 » by nickhx2 » Mon Nov 4, 2019 10:49 pm

agree completely.

the issue is that pg's out and has missed the start of the season. so the remaining 70-ish games or so are going to mean more in terms of team cohesion and development.

now, if the team went through some super hot stretch and reeled off like 15-20 wins or something towards the end of the season then sure, i think we should absolutely start thinking about rest days. but right now it's too early for that.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#28 » by QRich3 » Tue Nov 5, 2019 11:12 am

There are 75 games left in the season yet though, there will be more than enough time to find cohesion and get guys comfortable with themselves. I'm ok with rushing things the least they can, the most important thing, specially with the roster we have and the injury history most guys have, is to be as healthy as possible come May. Rather avoid fatigue than have the perfect system where everyone always knows what everyone else is gonna do. Perfect fit without the talent (if guys are injured) doesn't go far, the talent with just 90% of the fit can go very far.

I don't really care much about clout or about establishing themselves as a team to fear and whatnot, I just want them to win a championship. If they go under the radar in the process, even better.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#29 » by TheNewEra » Wed Nov 6, 2019 1:27 am

He’s going to get personal time during load management. George might return during a Kawhi rest game
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#30 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 6, 2019 11:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Paul George is targeting either Nov. 13th or Nov. 14th for his debut with the Los Angeles Clippers, sources tell Sam Amick of The Athletic. The Clippers play at the Houston Rockets and New Orleans Pelicans in the pair of road back-to-backs.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,412

Post#31 » by Michael Jackson » Wed Nov 6, 2019 11:54 pm

QRich3 wrote:There are 75 games left in the season yet though, there will be more than enough time to find cohesion and get guys comfortable with themselves. I'm ok with rushing things the least they can, the most important thing, specially with the roster we have and the injury history most guys have, is to be as healthy as possible come May. Rather avoid fatigue than have the perfect system where everyone always knows what everyone else is gonna do. Perfect fit without the talent (if guys are injured) doesn't go far, the talent with just 90% of the fit can go very far.

I don't really care much about clout or about establishing themselves as a team to fear and whatnot, I just want them to win a championship. If they go under the radar in the process, even better.

There is no reason to rush anything at all. Both PG and Kawhi are very easy players to fit in on any team and any rotation because of the type of players they are. Obviously more chemistry is always better but this is about the best case scenario for not needing much to get it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#32 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Nov 7, 2019 12:45 am

Read on Twitter
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#33 » by esqtvd » Thu Nov 7, 2019 1:13 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Los Angeles Clippers are eyeing a Nov. 13 matchup against the Houston Rockets as a potential return date for star forward Paul George, according to Sam Amick of The Athletic.

What Sam Amick actually said was they are eyeing either the 13th or 14th. It's just a pet peeve, but I hate these second-hand websites that paraphrase the actual reporting and you end up knowing less than when you started.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#34 » by NippySudz » Thu Nov 7, 2019 3:42 am

don't buy anything until it happens. Just like with load management. Don't set yourself up for disappointment. I don't see him playing houston. Its an away game. I expect him back during the homestand or the pelicans game because they want to ease him back
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#35 » by TheNewEra » Thu Nov 7, 2019 7:11 am

PG plays the first game and Kawhi plays the second
SK21209
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by SK21209 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 5:37 pm

TheNewEra wrote:PG plays the first game and Kawhi plays the second

Have they said anything about whether PG will play back-to-backs right away? I'd like if they both played against the Rockets and let Lou and Trez handle the Pelicans.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#37 » by clipperlover » Fri Nov 8, 2019 5:35 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Los Angeles Clippers are eyeing a Nov. 13 matchup against the Houston Rockets as a potential return date for star forward Paul George, according to Sam Amick of The Athletic.

What Sam Amick actually said was they are eyeing either the 13th or 14th. It's just a pet peeve, but I hate these second-hand websites that paraphrase the actual reporting and you end up knowing less than when you started.

I get your point. However, I think it will be the HOU game. It makes more sense to unleash the beast vs Houston so we can throw Kawhi, PG and Beverley at Westbrook and Harden. Can't wait to see a line-up of Kawhi, PG, PB, Trez and Lou just to who Houston tries to hide Harden on. Most likely PB, but then the Clips will pick and roll him onto one of the other 4 every time down the floor.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#38 » by esqtvd » Fri Nov 8, 2019 6:46 pm

clipperlover wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
Read on Twitter

I get your point. However, I think it will be the HOU game. It makes more sense to unleash the beast vs Houston so we can throw Kawhi, PG and Beverley at Westbrook and Harden. Can't wait to see a line-up of Kawhi, PG, PB, Trez and Lou just to who Houston tries to hide Harden on. Most likely PB, but then the Clips will pick and roll him onto one of the other 4 every time down the floor.

And it's not like anybody's going to guard PG or anything LOL. It would be a scrimmage.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#39 » by esqtvd » Sat Nov 9, 2019 10:31 pm

maybe give him 5-10 minutes and grow from there

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Yogatti
Bench Warmer