ImageImageImageImageImage

Iguodala Need

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Iguodala Need 

Post#21 » by NippySudz » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 pm

clipperlover wrote:Rumors are that Houston is showing strong interest in Robert Covington. Covington was 1st Team All-NBA with the 76ers and has two more years at around $11M/yr. If he is available, the Clips should absolutely make a move for him. Certainly don't want to see Houston add a quality defender. Covington would be much better long term than Iggy.
How can they make a move for him. Look at his salary

Iggy is a smarter defender. And he's a better playmaker. He knows playoff basketball.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#22 » by nickhx2 » Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:05 pm

not even sure what assets houston or clips have to get him
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#23 » by Yogatti » Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:02 pm

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#24 » by madmaxmedia » Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:52 pm

nickhx2 wrote:not even sure what assets houston or clips have to get him

Rockets, Lakers, Clippers all have traded away their available 1sts for the next few years. I guess you're then looking at what young 2nd-tier prospect type players are available, plus 2nd round draft picks.

If Jerome can show something in the next couple of months, he might be one of the best available trade pieces depending on how a potential trade partner views him.

I think we are going to push hard for a move or 2 by ASB in any case.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#25 » by clipperlover » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:45 pm

Iggy is going to be an interesting story coming up. I know teams are hoping Memphis will buy him out, but I don't see that happening. Memphis should actually be looking at their place in the standings and talking to Iggy about actually getting on the court. Iggy could allow Memphis to take a firm grasp on the #8 spot in the West and help them get above .500 for the season. He could add some much needed defense to their team.
daswunderboy
Analyst
And1: 2,141

Post#26 » by daswunderboy » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:32 pm

Iggy is overrated. "insurance vs Lebron"...you guys have Kawhi and George to guard Lebron. Iggy couldn't do much to stop Kawhi last year, what makes you think he's bothering Lebron at this stage. Luckily for your team, you have two interchangeable great defenders who will actually make Lebron work on both ends all series long.

One underappreciated subplot of last years finals was Kawhi didn't have to defend all series because Toronto could hide him on Iggy and other scrubs. He limped through that series, put up great offensive numbers, and rested on D. Iggy isn't the answer to any real 2020 NBA question.

From an outsiders perspective, your team most needs a Marc Gasol type. I don't think Zubac is really it. Problem is Marc Gasol types don't grow on trees. I see a guy like Embiid feasting on your bigs. But then again, you match up well vs a team like the Bucks or Celtics, so it may not matter.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers