ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Fire Doc Rivers thread

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Official Fire Doc Rivers thread 

Post#121 » by NippySudz » Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:16 am

og15 wrote:Just for some perspective, these are just from today on the general board:

yeah i cant trust vogel in the playoffs. This dudes rotations are mind boggling

Pop exposing himself as a tired old hack once again. Decides to randomly put Belinelli in to end the third into the fourth with Forbes and guess what, Miami goes on a 13-3 run. Frustrating as hell watching your coach refuse to make obvious adjustments and continue to play trash

Lesson...coaching is quite the job
Like I said before, if you go in any team board, you're likely to find complaint about a coach. Even the championship raptors who just won there are people saying Nick nurse is Nick thibodeau and he plays guys too many mins and isn't a great coach lok

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,880

Post#122 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 16, 2020 9:59 am

NippySudz wrote:
og15 wrote:Just for some perspective, these are just from today on the general board:

Pop exposing himself as a tired old hack once again. Decides to randomly put Belinelli in to end the third into the fourth with Forbes and guess what, Miami goes on a 13-3 run. Frustrating as hell watching your coach refuse to make obvious adjustments and continue to play trash

Like I said before, if you go in any team board, you're likely to find complaint about a coach. Even the championship raptors who just won there are people saying Nick nurse is Nick thibodeau and he plays guys too many mins and isn't a great coach lok

10 times a thread every thread every day? ffs
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#123 » by NippySudz » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:08 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

10 times a thread every thread every day? ffs
I guess some are more committed than others

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#124 » by esqtvd » Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:10 am

trolling
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#125 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Aug 23, 2020 11:35 pm

After this latest playoff embarrassment, it's safe to say we need a coaching change.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#126 » by donemilio21 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:44 am

I am officially on board with firing Doc and let one of the assistants to take over. Either Lou or Kalamian.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#127 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Aug 24, 2020 12:54 am

donemilio21 wrote:I am officially on board with firing Doc and let one of the assistants to take over. Either Lou or Kalamian.

No thanks on promoting any of the assistants. We need to totally move away from the Doc era.
donemilio21
Analyst

Post#128 » by donemilio21 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:07 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:I am officially on board with firing Doc and let one of the assistants to take over. Either Lou or Kalamian.

No thanks on promoting any of the assistants. We need to totally move away from the Doc era.

Doc calls the shots not any of his assistants. Failure is not on any of them. Look how Nurse elevated Raptors after he took over for Casey. He was Casey's assistant for 3 years.
donemilio21
Analyst

Post#129 » by donemilio21 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:08 am

Let's not forget the urgency here. Let's see how Doc does rest of the playoffs is not applicable in our situation. This is our window. We are capped and have zero assets to trade for foreseeable future. We fail this year, and we lose our chance to sign cheap veterans next year for another run, and Kawhi walks.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#130 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:19 am

donemilio21 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

Doc calls the shots not any of his assistants. Failure is not on any of them. Look how Nurse elevated Raptors after he took over for Casey. He was Casey's assistant for 3 years.

Doc chooses his assistants. Seeing as how he's also the same guy who chooses to have Trez guard Boban and Reggie guard Doncic, how can you trust his judgement with any other choices?
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#131 » by NickP » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:52 am

donemilio21 wrote:Let's not forget the urgency here. Let's see how Doc does rest of the playoffs is not applicable in our situation. This is our window. We are capped and have zero assets to trade for foreseeable future. We fail this year, and we lose our chance to sign cheap veterans next year for another run, and Kawhi walks.

Kawhi walking is our worst nightmare.
donemilio21
Analyst

Post#132 » by donemilio21 » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:05 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:No thanks on promoting any of the assistants. We need to totally move away from the Doc era.

Doc chooses his assistants. Seeing as how he's also the same guy who chooses to have Trez guard Boban and Reggie guard Doncic, how can you trust his judgement with any other choices?

I can't. But his assistants all have good reputations within the league and have been with the team. More importantly, they would have seen (hopefully) Doc's mistakes and learned from them. I am talking about firing Doc now. Not in October. It is obvious that we are not going anywhere with Doc as the headcoach.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#133 » by esqtvd » Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:04 am

donemilio21 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:Doc calls the shots not any of his assistants. Failure is not on any of them. Look how Nurse elevated Raptors after he took over for Casey. He was Casey's assistant for 3 years.

I can't. But his assistants all have good reputations within the league and have been with the team. More importantly, they would have seen (hopefully) Doc's mistakes and learned from them. I am talking about firing Doc now. Not in October. It is obvious that we are not going anywhere with Doc as the headcoach.

oh ffs
Tudalop
Sophomore
And1: 58

Post#134 » by Tudalop » Mon Aug 24, 2020 11:07 am

Use Zubac and save your ass, Doc.
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#135 » by MartinRiggs » Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:28 pm

Nah,he is too stubborn. Harrell must guard Boban...
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#136 » by NickP » Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:02 pm

I heard the Mavs signed the game ball and gave it to Doc. :)
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,372

Post#137 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:07 pm

NickP wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:Let's not forget the urgency here. Let's see how Doc does rest of the playoffs is not applicable in our situation. This is our window. We are capped and have zero assets to trade for foreseeable future. We fail this year, and we lose our chance to sign cheap veterans next year for another run, and Kawhi walks.

Kawhi walking is our worst nightmare.

He wants to live in LA and could have signed with the Lakers, but didn't want to be 2nd or 3rd fiddle. Perhaps failing in the playoffs would change his mind, but the Clippers have been good to him and done everything he has asked of them.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,372

Post#138 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:08 pm

esqtvd wrote:

Lesson...coaching is quite the job :lol:

Nice try, Mr. Moderator. But this will never end, bro. Every thread will be poisoned with this crap. :lol: Forevermore.

Jonathan Swift originally said the reasoning quote
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#139 » by NickP » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:43 pm

This is so damn easy. Ask yourself who's been the better coach and which team has the better talent.
PG and Kawhi have been carrying doc like all those players before them. But when adversity strikes like PG going garbage, Doc comes through as the bumbling idiot that he is.
Histrionics? Come on guys. Most of us would love to see us succeed and we'd love for Doc to do well in life too. But let's call a spade a spade. This guy needs to go back the the television booth.
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#140 » by LamarWho » Mon Aug 24, 2020 4:49 pm

I just hope Ballmer grows a pair and can this snake oil salesman if we make a 1st or even 2nd round exit this year.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers