ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Fire Doc Rivers thread

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Re: Official Fire Doc Rivers thread 

Post#41 » by Wammy Giveaway » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:13 am

NippySudz wrote:Who's the replacement? Who do you want to replace doc rivers that the coaches will respect? Do you want Tyronn Lue to take over? Sam Cassell? Rex Kalamian? Another undiscovered diamond in the rough coach? Who do you want?

This is a tricky answer: Tom Thibodeau as defensive coordinator. Doc's best coaching years were with Thibs - in fact, he had an army of assistant coaches: Armond Hill, Kevin Eastman (not to be confused with the co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Clifford Ray and Mike Longabardi. Doc needs a really good assistant coaching staff so that he only needs to motivate and manage egos, otherwise he'll end up doing things that are out of his league. Without Thibs, Doc is doing extra duty on defensive end.

Now, if you wanted a straight answer, this could be controversial: Gregg Popovich. Rumor has it he may be leaving San Antonio. It all has to do with this report:

Read on Twitter
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#42 » by NippySudz » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:23 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Who's the replacement? Who do you want to replace doc rivers that the coaches will respect? Do you want Tyronn Lue to take over? Sam Cassell? Rex Kalamian? Another undiscovered diamond in the rough coach? Who do you want?

This is a tricky answer: Tom Thibodeau as defensive coordinator. Doc's best coaching years were with Thibs - in fact, he had an army of assistant coaches: Armond Hill, Kevin Eastman (not to be confused with the co-creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles), Clifford Ray and Mike Longabardi. Doc needs a really good assistant coaching staff so that he only needs to motivate and manage egos, otherwise he'll end up doing things that are out of his league. Without Thibs, Doc is doing extra duty on defensive end.

Now, if you wanted a straight answer, this could be controversial: Gregg Popovich. Rumor has it he may be leaving San Antonio. It all has to do with this report:

Read on Twitter

LOL this is too rich.

Tom Thibodeau works as a consultant for the clippers already. And he would ruin Kawhi's career. Tom cares too much about every game and doesn't think long picture. Doc actually monitors guys health.

and far as gregg popovich goes, he would retire. I don't see him doing that, unless he wants a new change of scenery but I think he's a life long spur.
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,091

Post#43 » by Wammy Giveaway » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:35 am

NippySudz wrote:Tom Thibodeau works as a consultant for the clippers already. And he would ruin Kawhi's career. Tom cares too much about every game and doesn't think long picture. Doc actually monitors guys health.

I'll give you that one. He does drive his players to the ground, which reared its ugly head with Derrick Rose in Chicago. I don't think he'd do such a thing if he were just an assistant coach. It's a double-edge sword with Thibs, but I get ya. My preference would have been for Doc to just keep the team together, and let the assistant coaches do the actual coaching.

NippySudz wrote:And far as gregg popovich goes, he would retire. I don't see him doing that, unless he wants a new change of scenery but I think he's a life long spur.

Do you remember who was at fault for mishandling Leonard's health, Pop or the Spurs medical staff? It's basically the first time I've ever heard of a player wanting out of San Antonio, and that franchise has been known for being a cohesive, first class organization. The situation with Leonard was probably their first-ever screw-up.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by NippySudz » Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:26 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Tom Thibodeau works as a consultant for the clippers already. And he would ruin Kawhi's career. Tom cares too much about every game and doesn't think long picture. Doc actually monitors guys health.

I'll give you that one. He does drive his players to the ground, which reared its ugly head with Derrick Rose in Chicago. I don't think he'd do such a thing if he were just an assistant coach. It's a double-edge sword with Thibs, but I get ya. My preference would have been for Doc to just keep the team together, and let the assistant coaches do the actual coaching.

NippySudz wrote:And far as gregg popovich goes, he would retire. I don't see him doing that, unless he wants a new change of scenery but I think he's a life long spur.

Do you remember who was at fault for mishandling Leonard's health, Pop or the Spurs medical staff? It's basically the first time I've ever heard of a player wanting out of San Antonio, and that franchise has been known for being a cohesive, first class organization. The situation with Leonard was probably their first-ever screw-up.

Pop has no bad blood with the spurs. Pop also works in the front office as well as being a coach. He has a 3 year deal but he's free to get out of it any time he wants. I don't think it was mishandled. It was just a miscommunication on both parts. Leonard is hard to read. Leonard even though he admitted himself he can't play back to backs and the NBA came out and said he can't do back to backs because of an injury, Leonard when asked about it two days ago if he would play against Indy, He said he didn't know.

Doc rivers backed him and said he didn't know.

That's how private Kawhi is. He's very very private and I can see how the organization thought their hands was forced to reveal information and kawhi being upset about it. It all just seems like one big miscommunication.

and what exactly has Tommy Thibby done as a headcoach of any organization? He hasn't even done enough as a head coach to replace doc. Plus his players minus jimmy are battered. Jo noah's body broke down after he left the bulls. His best years were during chicago. He's a good defensive coach, but he's a good assistant coach. Not a main coach.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,901

Post#45 » by esqtvd » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:26 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

if Doc coaches any worse we're gonna end up with the first seed
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#46 » by NippySudz » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:26 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

if Doc coaches any worse we're gonna end up with the first seed
First seed? We can't let that happen. We need to fire this guy

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Yogatti
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#47 » by Yogatti » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:03 am

Rick Carlise coaching his team to W's against top teams in the league with no Luka Doncic. Meanwhile cock rivers struggles to win games with Kawhi,Paul George, Lou Will, and Trezz.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#48 » by esqtvd » Sat Dec 21, 2019 7:02 am

troll thread
Roach Clip
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#49 » by Roach Clip » Sat Dec 21, 2019 4:55 pm

esqtvd wrote:troll thread

You are the troll. Again, as you were on the other board. Posters are allowed to express opinions that differ from yours. Why don't you just ignore this thread, troll?

This is a good thread, and Doc Rivers needs to be replaced.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#50 » by esqtvd » Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:55 pm

troll burner account
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by NippySudz » Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:43 am

If the Lakers lose tomorrow and Lose on Christmas, this op thread post is going to age oh so gracefully.

I don't want to hear any bullsh.. about LeBron missing if he takes off a game when doc's been missing his roster for much of the season.

If the Lakers lose to Indy, Milwaukee, Denver and the clippers in a week and change, go after vogel the same you do after doc.

Lakers have a chance to lose 3 out of 4 of the or last games or 4/4 of their last games.

esqtvd
RealGM

Post#52 » by esqtvd » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:29 am

NippySudz wrote:If the Lakers lose tomorrow and Lose on Christmas, this op thread post is going to age oh so gracefully.

I don't want to hear any bullsh.. about LeBron missing if he takes off a game when doc's been missing his roster for much of the season.

If the Lakers lose to Indy, Milwaukee, Denver and the clippers in a week and change, go after vogel the same you do after doc.

Lakers have a chance to lose 3 out of 4 of the or last games or 4/4 of their last games.

Doc isn't even coaching full-bore yet. We haven't even tried stuff. People got keep their diapers dry. This thread is idiot. :noway:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/story/2019-12-20/clippers-lou-williams-had-costly-rare-implosion-in-loss

One benefit of not yet playing with a fully healthy roster at any point this season? The Clippers have yet to show off all of the wrinkles they could employ later this season.

“There are a couple lineups we actually haven’t used that we think we have in our back pocket,” Rivers said.

Technically, the pairing of centers Ivica Zubac and Montrezl Harrell has already been used, yet they have played together for fewer than three minutes, making the combination essentially untapped. Zubac is a 7-foot fixture of starting lineups. The 6-foot-7 Harrell has starred among the Clippers’ late-game closers and become a top candidate for the NBA’s top reserve because of it. Rivers envisions using them together alongside the 6-8 George, 6-7 Leonard and 6-4 Landry Shamet.

“We actually think we could do it against a small lineup too, where if there’s a four on the floor that [Harrell] can guard we believe we can actually go big,” Rivers said. “Most teams match up and go smaller. We’ve been looking at it a lot like, let’s go bigger, and see what happens.”
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#53 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:19 pm

esqtvd wrote:Doc isn't even coaching full-bore yet.

Doc never "coaches full-bore" when he has stars on his roster. There's a reason his best coaching jobs by far were the 2000 Magic and last year's Clippers - two teams with no All-Star talent. Those teams weren't going to be competitive without Doc staying focused at all times. They needed an actual system to win.

Ideally, Doc would keep that same energy when he has stars on his roster, but he doesn't. He underachieved with prime T-Mac, the Big Three Celtics and Lob City. He starts relying on iso heroball and stops paying attention to the details (such as rotations, or calling timeout when the other team is making a run).
esqtvd
RealGM

Re: Official Scapegoating Losers thread 

Post#54 » by esqtvd » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:25 pm

right, the players have nothing to do with it

that's why they've all gone and stacked up piles of rings elsewhere ;-)
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#55 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:41 pm

esqtvd wrote:right, the players have nothing to do with it

Ray Allen won a ring without Doc. Kawhi's won rings without Doc. What's the next excuse for Doc's poor coaching?
esqtvd
RealGM

Re: Official Scapegoating Loser thread 

Post#56 » by esqtvd » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:42 pm

good coaching

no practice

brutal schedule

many wins
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by NippySudz » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:44 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:right, the players have nothing to do with it

Ray Allen won a ring without Doc. Kawhi's won rings without Doc. What's the next excuse for Doc's poor coaching?
Ray Allen's first ring was with doc..

The second ring took a miracle shot from Ray Allen.

Kawhi is a superstar while Chris Paul and Blake griffin were b class superstars. Robin's, not Batman's. Two Robin's don't win rings.

You put Blake or cp on Toronto, do you really think they win a title?

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#58 » by NippySudz » Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:55 pm

Top coaches in the NBA in no particular order IMO:

Popovich - 5 rings

Steve Kerr - 3 rings

Erik spoelstra - 2 rings

Ric Carlisle - 1 ring

Doc rivers - 1 ring

Brad Stevens - 0 rings

Budenholzer - 0 rings

Quin synieder - 0 rings

Nick nurse - 1 ring

No one says the **** they say about doc in respect to the other coaches not named pop. Every coaches have issues. I'm not willing to say doc is undercoaching without seeing it with a solid unit for a season.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#59 » by NippySudz » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:40 pm

NippySudz wrote:If the Lakers lose tomorrow and Lose on Christmas, this op thread post is going to age oh so gracefully.

Aged gracefully

Let's see Vogel try to go 23-10 with LeBron nursing an injury.

MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#60 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jan 4, 2020 11:16 pm

Another embarrassing loss, which will add up when we're stuck with the hardest possible first-round matchup come playoff time. No coherent system on offense or defense. Horrible rotations that don't put our players in position to succeed. It's like watching Lob City all over again.

This team needs a coaching change more than any roster change.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers