ImageImageImageImageImage

What's the problem with the Clippers? Christmas Check-up

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Choose all that apply - What's the problem with the Clippers?

Poll ended at Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:19 am

- There is no problem with the Clippers
7%
- Turnovers; 4th Worst in the NBA; Career Highs for Kawhi, George, and Lou (each)
18%
- Chemistry/Team-Building... but it's simply a matter of time, they'll be fine by March
7%
- Chemistry/Team-Building... and it's concerning, must be addressed/corrected soon
21%
- Coaching/Play-calling
21%
- Injuries
7%
- Load Management
14%
- Other
4%

Total votes: 28

50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Re: What's the problem with the Clippers? Christmas Check-up 

Post#41 » by 50CalClips » Wed Jan 8, 2020 11:00 pm

50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#42 » by 50CalClips » Wed Jan 8, 2020 11:09 pm

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,882

Post#43 » by esqtvd » Wed Jan 8, 2020 11:44 pm

50CalClips wrote:

Exactly what I said about the team taking its cues from Kawhi, who's going half-speed about half the time. We don't know whether it's load management or "injury management," playing despite pain with a chronic condition.

As for the headline on the video about Kawhi and PG "not practicing [together]," that's not exactly what was said. I don't know when this broadcast is from, but with 4 days off for the first time all year with our brutal schedule, Doc gave them Monday and Tuesday off, with practice scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday.

This video was pretty much a waste of time and one reason I hate videos for informational purposes, be it sports or actual news. They are often not what they purport to be and then it's hard to argue with a video.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#44 » by NippySudz » Thu Jan 9, 2020 12:01 am

50CalClips wrote:
I believe that's bull and Ramona is taking cues from their first practice where they didn't practice on the same team together

This is from a month ago

ESPN is being very sloppy with the reporting as of late. Really hate the media bullsh..that's going on.

They report one thing accurately then report another theres never been any indication of them not practicing together since the first date of practice nor has it been relayed that they're still continuning this.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#45 » by NippySudz » Thu Jan 9, 2020 3:12 am

goddamn dallas. They can't win anything at home. They were supposed to beat the nuggets so we can slide into the top 3 seed.
Roach Clip
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#46 » by Roach Clip » Thu Jan 9, 2020 3:30 am

50CalClips wrote:

I like Brian Windhorst. Watch this video. A reasonable portrait of the Clippers and their coach at this point in the season.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#47 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 9, 2020 5:11 am

Roach Clip wrote:
50CalClips wrote:

I like Brian Windhorst. Watch this video. A reasonable portrait of the Clippers and their coach at this point in the season.

Why I hate videos for informational purposes. What it really says:

"Doc is a championship coach, I trust him, but this is unusual."--Brian Windhorst

Yes, it is unusual, but the Raptors won the championship under similar circumstances with Kawhi. Though I'm not sure Windhorst's facts are in context here, or at least relevant: Of COURSE Kawhi and PG are practicing together Wednesday and Thursday before Friday's game, the first possible consecutive days of practice together since they joined the Clippers.

And yes, Doc IS a championship coach, and yes, I trust him too. We also have Ty Lue, another championship coach, at his side. With Jerry West consulting not just the front office but the coaching staff too. No stone goes unturned in Steve Ballmer's Clippers organization. It's almost embarrassing at this point to think otherwise.

ADD: God, this is too easy sometimes. I find him interesting but these days I would never take a single word from Brian Windhorst to the bank.

Windhorst has enjoyed a long and lucrative career as one of the most well-respected NBA reporters in the business, and if he’s reached the point where he wants to leave behind a lot of the reporting work that helped get him to this position and be known more as an analyst and TV personality, nobody can blame him for that. But it’s strange to see him repeatedly bring up all the ways in which he is refusing to do that reporting work, particularly while he is paid by a company that recently laid off scores of hardworking reporters who would probably be more than happy to trade places with Windhorst and do the work he finds to be such a hassle.

There's no money in news anymore, only in being Stephen A. Shoot off your mouth and let the chips fall where they may.

https://deadspin.com/espn-reporter-brian-windhorst-loves-to-brag-about-not-r-1830588437
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#48 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 9, 2020 6:24 am

NippySudz wrote:goddamn dallas. They can't win anything at home. They were supposed to beat the nuggets so we can slide into the top 3 seed.

we'll have to do our own dirty work then ;-)

even going into the season, was worried about how we match up with the Nugs
younger and more energy

and Jokic is a load
more massive than Zu and rangier than Trezz

80 points his past 2 games
I just hope he remains inconsistent like Embiid
no way Jokic should be averaging under 20 ppg, but he is

he posted up for the win tonight
stuck his butt out and lowered a shoulder
and it was goodnight Irene

dunno how we stop that
just hope he says in love with the 3 like Embiid
and keeps making himself irrelevant
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#49 » by NippySudz » Thu Jan 9, 2020 9:06 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:goddamn dallas. They can't win anything at home. They were supposed to beat the nuggets so we can slide into the top 3 seed.

we'll have to do our own dirty work then ;-)

even going into the season, was worried about how we match up with the Nugs
younger and more energy

and Jokic is a load
more massive than Zu and rangier than Trezz

80 points his past 2 games
I just hope he remains inconsistent like Embiid
no way Jokic should be averaging under 20 ppg, but he is

he posted up for the win tonight
stuck his butt out and lowered a shoulder
and it was goodnight Irene

dunno how we stop that
just hope he says in love with the 3 like Embiid
and keeps making himself irrelevant

Luckily we get them on a back to back. Hoping we pull the clips pull the **** off.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by NippySudz » Fri Jan 10, 2020 3:42 am

The rockets are being spanked so far hopefully OKC can win so we can move back into the top 3 seed before our match up with the warriors

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by NippySudz » Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:48 am

NippySudz wrote:The rockets are being spanked so far hopefully OKC can win so we can move back into the top 3 seed before our match up with the warriors

Nice, Houston lost. We have an opportunity to go up a game in the standings if we beat the warriors. I know it's a marathon and not a Sprint but still happy to see clips in the top 3 anytime I check standings

clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#52 » by clipperlover » Fri Jan 10, 2020 8:59 pm

NippySudz wrote:The rockets are being spanked so far hopefully OKC can win so we can move back into the top 3 seed before our match up with the warriors

Saw that game on a plane last night. The Westbrook tribute was nice and the results was nice. However, the highlight of the game was watching Silver Spoon blow a fast break layup so bad that he pulled his fake injury stunt. I think it was a game against Houston a few years back that he acted like he was hurt hoping to get a call and then when he didn't get the call he jumped up to whine. Even at his current salary, I couldn't stomach watching him on the Clips, but I have a feeling Houston will be moving him and then Doc will convince the front office to get him in order to give depth to the PG spot.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#53 » by NippySudz » Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:01 pm

clipperlover wrote:

Saw that game on a plane last night. The Westbrook tribute was nice and the results was nice. However, the highlight of the game was watching Silver Spoon blow a fast break layup so bad that he pulled his fake injury stunt. I think it was a game against Houston a few years back that he acted like he was hurt hoping to get a call and then when he didn't get the call he jumped up to whine. Even at his current salary, I couldn't stomach watching him on the Clips, but I have a feeling Houston will be moving him and then Doc will convince the front office to get him in order to give depth to the PG spot.
Lol the clippers aren't going to trade for Austin rivers

Return to Los Angeles Clippers