ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 35: Los Angeles Clippers (23-11) @ Sacramento Kings (12-21) - 5:00 PM ET

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Clippers (23-11) @ Sacramento Kings (12-21) - 5:00 PM ET 

Post#81 » by esqtvd » Wed Jan 1, 2020 9:30 pm

NippySudz wrote:
There are a few games this season against sub.500 that we find ways to lose. Progress isn't linear and losses can be part of growing pains.

This is why the upcoming schedule should be a good test to see if they learned from those early losses. We should dominate this month. Like crush it. Hoping we will and the team doesn't get complacent just winning a couple in a row.

Frankly, it's not a test of anything that has to do with winning a championship. The Lakers are 4-5 against .500+ teams. Beating up on the league's tomato cans is ultimately meaningless and playing LeBron 35 minutes a night to do it is IMO stupid.

The question in front of us is how close to the brink can Doc play it--keeping the minutes down on the top guys, experimenting with combinations, giving burn to the back of the bench, and still coming away with the W.

Look, sometimes the guys are gonna get bored when we get out to these 20-point leads. You can't keep going to the whip every minute of an ultimately meaningless game: Some slippage is not only inevitable, but it has to be tolerated up to a point. Not to the point of sloppiness and carelessness, but you can't expect Kawhi to chase some 22-year-old all over the floor in a game we're going to win by double digits anyway.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Game 35: Los Angeles Clippers (23-11) @ Sacramento Kings (12-21) - 5:00 PM ET 

Post#82 » by NippySudz » Wed Jan 1, 2020 9:36 pm

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
There are a few games this season against sub.500 that we find ways to lose. Progress isn't linear and losses can be part of growing pains.

This is why the upcoming schedule should be a good test to see if they learned from those early losses. We should dominate this month. Like crush it. Hoping we will and the team doesn't get complacent just winning a couple in a row.

Frankly, it's not a test of anything that has to do with winning a championship. The Lakers are 4-5 against .500+ teams. Beating up on the league's tomato cans is ultimately meaningless and playing LeBron 35 minutes a night to do it is IMO stupid.

The question in front of us is how close to the brink can Doc play it--keeping the minutes down on the top guys, experimenting with combinations, giving burn to the back of the bench, and still coming away with the W.

Look, sometimes the guys are gonna get bored when we get out to these 20-point leads. You can't keep going to the whip every minute of an ultimately meaningless game: Some slippage is not only inevitable, but it has to be tolerated up to a point. Not to the point of sloppiness and carelessness, but you can't expect Kawhi to chase some 22-year-old all over the floor in a game we're going to win by double digits anyway.
I disagree. It shows lack of complacency. Do the clippers need to go 17-0 against .500 teams? Of course not but do they need stop giving away games to sub.500 teams when they have leads? Ye

That's all I'm trying to say.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,175

Post#83 » by og15 » Wed Jan 1, 2020 10:55 pm

50CalClips wrote:@ og15

Of course we'll take a win any way we can get it, but it's got to do with the mind-set. I see it as complacency. You can't be happy with sub-par performance (for them as players and us as fans me as a fan).

I’m okay with bad shooting because I just know it happens, as a player myself (relative to competition), it simply just happens sometimes. Everyone knows I always love an “ugly” win though, and even when I played (competitive team wise that is), when my team won and shots were bricking all over the place, but we were focusing on defense, crashing the boards, it put a smile on my face. I agree, complacency isn’t good, for sure, but most ugly wins, I like, I tend to complain a lot about teams only being able to win when shots are falling :lol:. No team has shots fall every game, no teams offense is going to be great, even good every game, you WILL have bad shooting games, even if you are doing everything right, and my question is always, “what will you do now”. I like when teams figure out that “what will you do now”, it’s what you need to know how to do before the playoffs come around.

It’s also why you see some of those championship teams that almost “struggle” through the first three rounds, basically playing 6 or 7 games every round including round 1 and then in the finals they play a team who has been somewhat cruising, first round sweep, second round in 5, conference finals a not so close 6 games, and people are worried about the grinding team, but they just keep on trucking.

Now, if they lost against a poor team because of bad shooting and couldn’t find other ways to win, I would have a different tune :lol:
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#84 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jan 1, 2020 11:01 pm

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Shocking that you're already trying to lower expectations and make excuses in advance. For a coach you always defend on everything, you sure don't seem to have much confidence in Doc.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#85 » by NippySudz » Wed Jan 1, 2020 11:02 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

Shocking that you're already trying to lower expectations and make excuses in advance. For a coach you always defend on everything, you sure don't seem to have much confidence in Doc.
The mods told us to move on from the doc/zu circular discussions

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#86 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Jan 1, 2020 11:08 pm

My bad, I thought og just said people needed to stop blatantly trolling about certain players on the roster, but I didn't know the Doc arguments were included as well.
MartinRiggs
Junior
And1: 136

Post#87 » by MartinRiggs » Thu Jan 2, 2020 9:28 am

Trez was really bad;Shamet,Walton were good. PG shooting was poor but he made up for it in other areas.

Good win. :)
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#88 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 2, 2020 9:58 am

MartinRiggs wrote:Trez was really bad;Shamet,Walton were good. PG shooting was poor but he made up for it in other areas.

Good win. :)

I see you just joined the board. Welcome. Hopefully not another sock puppet.

FYI--Trezz missed the game before Sacramento with the flu, the first game he'd missed in over 2 years. It's fair to assume he was playing his best despite not feeling anywhere near his best. He still contributed anyway and only ran out of gas in the 4th.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,946

Post#89 » by QRich3 » Thu Jan 2, 2020 10:31 am

esqtvd wrote:Hopefully not another sock puppet.

Cut that please. We've just been talking about not arguing in circles about the same topic, and we're just going right back into it. Let's be civil and not antagonize each other.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#90 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 2, 2020 10:44 am

QRich3 wrote:

Cut that please. We've just been talking about not arguing in circles about the same topic, and we're just going right back into it. Let's be civil and not antagonize each other.

There was a sock puppet operating here recently, QRich. Hopefully this other brand-new account is not another. Regardless, although it's true Trezz was sub-par in the Sacs game--esp in the 4th quarter--there was a relevant context. He had just missed his first game since November 2017 with the flu. It was worth noting.

I did welcome the fellow. Provisionally. :D
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#91 » by MartinRiggs » Thu Jan 2, 2020 10:49 am

Thanks for the welcome.

Well,in my opinion Trez was bad,hopefully because of the flu. Bias mode on;as a Croat I think Zubac was playing better that day. :D
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#92 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 2, 2020 11:11 am

MartinRiggs wrote:Thanks for the welcome.

Well,in my opinion Trez was bad,hopefully because of the flu. Bias mode on;as a Croat I think Zubac was playing better that day. :D

Yes, even Doc thought so, the final word on the subject. :wink:
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#93 » by QRich3 » Thu Jan 2, 2020 11:37 am

esqtvd wrote:
QRich3 wrote:

There was a sock puppet operating here recently, QRich. Hopefully this other brand-new account is not another. Regardless, although it's true Trezz was sub-par in the Sacs game--esp in the 4th quarter--there was a relevant context. He had just missed his first game since November 2017 with the flu. It was worth noting.

We have access to users IP's, and if we see someone trolling with the same IP than another user, we'll deal with it. But please don't backseat moderate and don't add more fuel to the fire.
Dynamix
Starter
And1: 2,302

Post#94 » by Dynamix » Thu Jan 2, 2020 12:23 pm

Welcome to the board, Lethal Weapon!
MartinRiggs
Junior

Post#95 » by MartinRiggs » Thu Jan 2, 2020 12:27 pm

Thanks. :)

Who plays is not that important anyway as long as the team wins. :party:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#96 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 2, 2020 9:14 pm

MartinRiggs wrote:Thanks. :)

Who plays is not that important anyway as long as the team wins. :party:

well that's refreshing :wink:
Roach Clip
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#97 » by Roach Clip » Thu Jan 2, 2020 10:50 pm

QRich3 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
QRich3 wrote:Cut that please. We've just been talking about not arguing in circles about the same topic, and we're just going right back into it. Let's be civil and not antagonize each other.

We have access to users IP's, and if we see someone trolling with the same IP than another user, we'll deal with it. But please don't backseat moderate and don't add more fuel to the fire.

Bless you, QRich. Keep working with him until he gets it.
QRich3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#98 » by QRich3 » Fri Jan 3, 2020 1:04 pm

Roach Clip wrote:
QRich3 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:There was a sock puppet operating here recently, QRich. Hopefully this other brand-new account is not another. Regardless, although it's true Trezz was sub-par in the Sacs game--esp in the 4th quarter--there was a relevant context. He had just missed his first game since November 2017 with the flu. It was worth noting.

It's not about "him" getting it, what you're doing right now is antagonizing him and just snowballing the problem further. I quoted him but that was meant for everyone, both sides of the argument. It's not that hard to just discuss basketball without getting petty with each other, and as a general rule we'd just ask you to report any problem you see with another poster instead of escalating the problem by answering to the post you have a problem with.
Roach Clip
Ballboy
And1: 6

Post#99 » by Roach Clip » Fri Jan 3, 2020 4:53 pm

QRich3 wrote:
Roach Clip wrote:
QRich3 wrote:We have access to users IP's, and if we see someone trolling with the same IP than another user, we'll deal with it. But please don't backseat moderate and don't add more fuel to the fire.

It's not about "him" getting it, what you're doing right now is antagonizing him and just snowballing the problem further. I quoted him but that was meant for everyone, both sides of the argument. It's not that hard to just discuss basketball without getting petty with each other, and as a general rule we'd just ask you to report any problem you see with another poster instead of escalating the problem by answering to the post you have a problem with.

OK, got it. Thanks.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers