ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 45: Los Angeles Clippers (31-13) @ Atlanta Hawks (10-34) - 7:30 PM ET

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: ame 45: Los Angeles Clippers (31-13) @ Atlanta Hawks (10-34) - 7:30 PM ET 

Post#41 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:00 am

Would be even more angry but saw this coming I can’t believe we did nothing to change the pace of the game
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,156

Post#42 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:02 am

Akklaim1 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Akklaim1 wrote:How many more of these BS back2backs do we have? I'm getting sick and tired of these losses because our fragile ass superstar in his prime can't play on the second night. Seedings matter, ****.

We were up 20. This loss has nothing to do with Kawhi and everything to do with the most overrated coach in sports history. Play Zubac and win. It's not hard... unless you're Doc.

Without PG and Kawhi, this is a lottery team.

Maybe so, but we were still up 20 tonight and only lost because of some of the most ridiculous coaching decisions of the season. No excuses!
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,880

Post#43 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:05 am

Akklaim1 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Akklaim1 wrote:How many more of these BS back2backs do we have? I'm getting sick and tired of these losses because our fragile ass superstar in his prime can't play on the second night. Seedings matter, ****.

We were up 20. This loss has nothing to do with Kawhi and everything to do with the most overrated coach in sports history. Play Zubac and win. It's not hard... unless you're Doc.

Without PG and Kawhi, this is a lottery team. Yes, this has to do with the absence of Kawhi. It affects the confidence of the team regardless of the coach.

And missing Pat Bev, our heart and soul. And it's not really Trezz who was tired [12-23, 30 points], it was Lou [6-18, 18 points]. Lou missed the last 2 or 3 shots that would have tied it. Doc was not the problem and Zubac was not the solution.

Yes, I think we've overrated our depth a bit. J-Myke and Harkless are supposed to be players but came up small tonight.

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#44 » by NippySudz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:06 am

Gg folks!

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#45 » by NippySudz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:06 am

esqtvd wrote:
Akklaim1 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:We were up 20. This loss has nothing to do with Kawhi and everything to do with the most overrated coach in sports history. Play Zubac and win. It's not hard... unless you're Doc.

Without PG and Kawhi, this is a lottery team. Yes, this has to do with the absence of Kawhi. It affects the confidence of the team regardless of the coach.

And missing Pat Bev, our heart and soul. And it's not really Trezz who was tired [12-23, 30 points], it was Lou [6-18, 18 points]. Lou missed the last 2 or 3 shots that would have tied it. Doc was not the problem and Zubac was not the solution.

Yes, I think we've overrated our depth a bit. J-Myke and Harkless are supposed to be players but came up small tonight.

This is why I'm in favor of Marcus morris. Someone else that can score tjr basketball.

MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#46 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:07 am

We played zero defense and couldn't get an offensive rebound down the stretch, but yeah, the guy who plays defense and gets rebounds totally wouldn't have been the solution. Doesn't it get old defending literally every decision Doc makes regardless of how illogical it is?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#47 » by NippySudz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:10 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Akklaim1 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:We were up 20. This loss has nothing to do with Kawhi and everything to do with the most overrated coach in sports history. Play Zubac and win. It's not hard... unless you're Doc.

Without PG and Kawhi, this is a lottery team.

Maybe so, but we were still up 20 tonight and only lost because of some of the most ridiculous coaching decisions of the season. No excuses!
It wasn't good Coaching down the stretch. Into miami

donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#48 » by donemilio21 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:10 am

Saw this coming. Doc made a habit of losing to the worst teams in the league. Without Kawhi dropping 35 points, we can't seem to win a game. Even against the worst team in the league.

I do not understand how relaxed everyone is about it. Why can't we just win the games we are supposed to win and try to steal #1 seed from Lakers ?
Just very very frustrating. Gotta stop blaming scheduling, injuries, refs.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#49 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:11 am

Read on Twitter

Gotta love letting garbage teams set franchise records against us consistently. Again, can't wait to hear the excuses.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,992

Post#50 » by og15 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:15 am

I had so much hope after the first half, but that second half performance was simply brutal. Can't let go of games like this when you want to pad that wins stat.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#51 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:15 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Akklaim1 wrote:

This is why I'm in favor of Marcus morris. Someone else that can score tjr basketball.

Exactly, we need that 3rd big who fits somewhere between Zubac and Trezz. We needed Trezz's scoring and would have been dead without it, and Zubac wouldn't have been of much help defensively because the Hawks got back into it by hitting 3s like crazy. Zubac's biggest shortcoming is that he's of zero help with the perimeter game that dominates today's NBA.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by NippySudz » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:17 am

Mcgruder should be banished from the roster and traded immediately. Can't shoot, can't hit free throws. I mean he's a poor man's Moe harkless.. get him off the team asap. I'm sick of watching him play. He cannot defend anyone worth defending

TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#53 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:18 am

esqtvd wrote:
Akklaim1 wrote:

He went 1 for 6 from the line in the 4th and he had 21 at halftime. Only 9 points in a half for Trez is pretty light I think fatigue definitely hit and it was a back to back
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#54 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:19 am

og15 wrote:I had so much hope after the first half, but that second half performance was simply brutal. Can't let go of games like this when you want to pad that wins stat.

Chauncey predicted that we do this often--come out like gangbusters in the first half of a back-to-back but run out of steam in the 2nd half. Lou in particular--our only closer--was 0-7 from three. Even a couple might have done the trick.

But where were J-Myke and Moe? Dang. :(
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#55 » by playaloc916 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:20 am

donemilio21 wrote:Saw this coming. Doc made a habit of losing to the worst teams in the league. Without Kawhi dropping 35 points, we can't seem to win a game. Even against the worst team in the league.

I do not understand how relaxed everyone is about it. Why can't we just win the games we are supposed to win and try to steal #1 seed from Lakers ?

To be honest, I'm not surprised we lost. It's happened quite a few times this season. They go out and beat a tough team, just to lose to a lottery team the very next game. When we were up by 4 or 5 with 4 minutes to go, I was thinking, wow this is a nice surprise, the game seems to be under control... spoke to soon. Just sucks to lose to the second worst team in the league WITHOUT Trae, even if we were without PG and Kawhi either.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#56 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:21 am

Akklaim1 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

Without PG and Kawhi, this is a lottery team. Yes, this has to do with the absence of Kawhi. It affects the confidence of the team regardles of the coach.

We had a lead for majority of the game we even had a lead going into the 4th. They were missing young I would have to believe our core is better than John Collins and parts on paper. We just got out worked and after that we didn’t play to our strengths or try to adapt. You’re fourth highest scorer only played 15 minutes and we put so much strain or Harrell early. Lou came on late and defender role players really didn’t defend
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#57 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:22 am

NippySudz wrote:Mcgruder should be banished from the roster and traded immediately. Can't shoot, can't hit free throws. I mean he's a poor man's Moe harkless.. get him off the team asap. I'm sick of watching him play. He cannot defend anyone worth defending

McGruder did fine for our 10th man--7 points, 6 rebs, plus+2. Harkless was a poor man's Harkless LOL. His stats were about the same at 3 times the price!
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 28,992

Post#58 » by og15 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:23 am

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:I had so much hope after the first half, but that second half performance was simply brutal. Can't let go of games like this when you want to pad that wins stat.

Chauncey predicted that we do this often--come out like gangbusters in the first half of a back-to-back but run out of steam in the 2nd half. Lou in particular--our only closer--was 0-7 from three. Even a couple might have done the trick.

But where were J-Myke and Moe? Dang. :(

Back to backs suck, but the whole league has them and you have to figure out how to manage it. If the expectation from previous performance is that the team will come out hard then slow down, the coaching staff needs to be cognizant of this and pull whomever their starting earlier, give more burn to some bench guys a bit earlier than they would and also save the legs of some of the main guys for the second half. Maybe have the guys slow the pace down a bit so they aren't tiring out, etc.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#59 » by TheNewEra » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:23 am

playaloc916 wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:Saw this coming. Doc made a habit of losing to the worst teams in the league. Without Kawhi dropping 35 points, we can't seem to win a game. Even against the worst team in the league.

To be honest, I'm not surprised we lost. It's happened quite a few times this season. They go out and beat a tough team, just to lose to a lottery team the very next game. When we were up by 4 or 5 with 4 minutes to go, I was thinking, wow this is a nice surprise, the game seems to be under control... spoke to soon. Just sucks to lose to the second worst team in the league WITHOUT Trae, even if we were without PG and Kawhi either.

We were definitely in trouble after it got into single digits after the Green foul
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,072

They're Letting The Clippers Have It 

Post#60 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:26 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

I'm starting to think Doc Rivers likes to lose to lottery teams on purpose, just to prove it's not a big deal; Clippers won't see Hawks in playoffs anyway. This is what I mean when I mean "playing possum:" pretending to be beatable in the regular season, but be unstoppable in the playoffs. When he sees something too good happening, he calls it off and adds it to his list of "playoff-only battleplan," for fear of opposing teams using his own blueprint against him in a playoff game.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers