ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 46: Los Angeles Clippers (31-14) @ Miami Heat (31-13) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Re: Game 46: Los Angeles Clippers (31-14) @ Miami Heat (31-13) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#121 » by nickhx2 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 10:03 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:The Grizz want picks for Iggy. A high second rounder might do it, but probably won't.

About last night ... first—great win. And, while I hated the Hawks loss, let’s not forget—two statement wins in four nights against top tier teams on the road. And that’s without PG and Bev.

Second … look, I like Zu. I think he’s a useful player to have at times. It’s just those times are so much less frequent than they would’ve been in 2010 or even 2015. In 2010, Zu would play 25 mpg at the same level he is now because there were more players like him, and he’s a relatively skilled young C. Now, he’s more of a 15 mpg player—not because he’s doing anything different, but because the rest of the league is. He’s great when he’s in…but he can’t be on the court with certain lineups. This is the reality.

McGruder is trade bait. He’s inexpensive and might step up his offense on a team where he can define his role a little bit. He’s clearly a guy that needs to shoot somewhat regularly to get into a groove. With us, his usage rate is so low that his shooting is in the garbage—and his good D doesn’t make up for the serious deficiency in offense. He’s been a real disappointment; I thought (and I suspect the Clippers thought) he could maintain his offensive game with fewer touches and he just can’t.

I loved 2Pat last night, but I really think we’re kinda showcasing him or JaMychal--who was also great last night, but has been one of the most inconsistent players this year. Really, JaMychal has been (to me) a bit of a disappointment as well. He’s much more inconsistent this year on both ends. I thought he could be a 25 mpg player. He isn’t. He’s had back to back double digit scoring games once this year—and had four games where he scored 3 or less (while averaging over 21 mpg) after scoring in double figures. He’s still rebounding well, though. One of those is likely to be gone, IMO, for a bigger PF/C.

i'm fairly disappointed in green. just so inconsistent and i thought he was really gonna be one of the guys who could just be that glue guy.

it's weird to say but i trust patterson more than green, considering how each of those guys started the season. i do hope green picks it up. one thing i will say is that the team's gone through so many injuries/resting days that it might just be that, that's causing a couple of these guys to be inconsistent.
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#122 » by 50CalClips » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:09 pm

esqtvd wrote:
50CalClips wrote:^
Glen is Glen. Nothing's going to change there.

It's just going to take Kawhi to steer this team the whole way.

Doc is following Kawhi's lead and got his back bigtime when Trezz lashed out. The problem with Lob City was that CP did not lead.

Un-timely injuries was largely "the problem" with Lob City not reaching their potential.

Chris Paul was a leader...
Blake Griffin was a stand-up comedian who played basketball... and definitely not a leader (if we're going there)
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#123 » by esqtvd » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:20 pm

50CalClips wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
50CalClips wrote:^
Glen is Glen. Nothing's going to change there.

It's just going to take Kawhi to steer this team the whole way.

Doc is following Kawhi's lead and got his back bigtime when Trezz lashed out. The problem with Lob City was that CP did not lead.

Un-timely injuries was largely "the problem" with Lob City not reaching their potential.

Blake Griffin was a stand-up comedian who played basketball... and definitely not a leader (if we're going there)

Yes, I point the finger more at Blake, who neither led nor followed. But if Chris led, nobody was following.

And I never felt about Lob City in crunchtime the way I feel already with Kawhi out there. It always felt like a coin flip.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#124 » by NippySudz » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:42 am

esqtvd wrote:
50CalClips wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Yes, I point the finger more at Blake, who neither led nor followed. But if Chris led, nobody was following.

And I never felt about Lob City in crunchtime the way I feel already with Kawhi out there. It always felt like a coin flip.
Chris Paul was a nagging leader and a locker room politician which is why former teammates didn't like playing with him too much.

He's doing a good job in OKC partly because he has to and partly because he's surrounded by young guys who will likely just listen.

But I never could see him leadong anyone to a title. He's not that good of a leader IMO.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Return to Los Angeles Clippers