ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 47: Los Angeles Clippers (32-14) @ Orlando Magic (21-25) - 6:00 PM ET

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Re: Game 47: Los Angeles Clippers (32-14) @ Orlando Magic (21-25) - 6:00 PM ET 

Post#81 » by NippySudz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:13 am

Dynamix wrote:So what do we do with Sham once Bev and PG return? He clearly benefits a lot from being next to Kawhi, but his pre-season struggles probably had something to do with him getting extra ballhandling duties. PG and Kawhi surely don't want to play big minutes at the 4 on a regular basis. Bev is still an important piece to have out there.

So could we ever see Sham/PG/Kawhi/Green/Zu as our starting lineup? And if Sham keeps hitting his shots, who will close in the clutch, next to PG/Kawhi/Trez? Not in the "we desperately need a three" situations, just our usual close games down the stretch.
Hopefully when the roster is healthy sham will continue to get minutes and mcgruder never see the light of day off the bench lol.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#82 » by esqtvd » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:36 am

NippySudz wrote:
Dynamix wrote:So what do we do with Sham once Bev and PG return? He clearly benefits a lot from being next to Kawhi, but his pre-season struggles probably had something to do with him getting extra ballhandling duties. PG and Kawhi surely don't want to play big minutes at the 4 on a regular basis. Bev is still an important piece to have out there.

So could we ever see Sham/PG/Kawhi/Green/Zu as our starting lineup? And if Sham keeps hitting his shots, who will close in the clutch, next to PG/Kawhi/Trez? Not in the "we desperately need a three" situations, just our usual close games down the stretch.
Hopefully when the roster is healthy sham will continue to get minutes and mcgruder never see the light of day off the bench lol.

McGruder was designed to be our 10th man. 2-Pat our 11th. Scapegoating them is misdirected. Playoff rotations run 8 or 9 deep. The problem is higher up in the rotation. You tell me...

the projected pecking order:

Kawhi
PG
Lou
Trezz
Bev
Sham
Zubac
Green
Harkless
McGruder
Patterson
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#83 » by NippySudz » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:43 am

Looking at the box score again, I'm still amazed on how kawhi was able to perform given the circumstances and even his rough start. 15 in the third. Started off in 1-5fg.

31/14/7

donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#84 » by donemilio21 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:13 pm

esqtvd wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:We are 6-1 in the last 7 games now.
Shamet is averaging 34 minutes, 15 points, 3 rebaounds and 2 assist over that stretch with 3.5 Threes per game.

Sham is heroic

and Doc is rewarding him with minutes
beating the hell out of him with minutes

even when Sham's not hitting, he's humping on D

and every minute he plays is one that's not being played by McGruder or Robinson or Walton or Mann!! :wink:

I can't stand seeing McGruder play at this point. I'm sorry but he is a G-League level player, I can't believe we are stuck with paying him $5m a year until 2022. At least the other 3 are playing cheap contracts that are non-guaranteed beyond next season.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#85 » by playaloc916 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:28 pm

donemilio21 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Shamet is averaging 34 minutes, 15 points, 3 rebaounds and 2 assist over that stretch with 3.5 Threes per game.

Sham is heroic

and every minute he plays is one that's not being played by McGruder or Robinson or Walton or Mann!! :wink:

I can't stand seeing McGruder play at this point. I'm sorry but he is a G-League level player, I can't believe we are stuck with paying him $5m a year until 2022. At least the other 3 are playing cheap contracts that are non-guaranteed beyond next season.

McGruder has definitely fallen off big time. Seems like he started off the season injured, took awhile to get healthy, and took even more time for his shot to start falling. His "pesky" D actually results in getting called for a lot of bad fouls, and his shot has gotten bad again. The reason I can stand seeing him play, is that he looks a bit like Mahershala Ali, lol.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#86 » by NippySudz » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:50 am

Read on Twitter

esqtvd
RealGM

Post#87 » by esqtvd » Tue Jan 28, 2020 9:46 am

NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

Supporting my latest point, yes, thanks. Now, a minus-9.7 net rating is bad, but overall, even when tired, with Kawhi at his side Trezz averages out OK, and he's not dragging down Kawhi's plus/minus either.

Yes, Trezz is struggling a bit lately, but it's also because with PG and Shamet and then Bev out, Trezz is logging a lot of minutes alongside McGruder, Robinson, Mann and Walton, who really shouldn't be logging much in the way of NBA minutes at all. Green has been wildly inconsistent and often lousy too. [0 points, 6 fouls, minus-16 vs the relatively weak Magic. :noway: ]

Playing alongside sub-NBAers is gonna put a hurt on your plus/minus bigtime. I expect it's affecting Lou's as well.

I'd still like to see us get some help for Trezz to get a blow during those first 6 minutes of the 4th quarter too, but that's just when Kawhi is getting a rest, so with PG out the problem is accentuated.

But if you put Zubac out there with that crew instead of Trezz, you're gonna see some REAL ugly.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#88 » by NippySudz » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:11 am

I would love if they clippers could get Marc gasol. I believe Marc gasol would solidify the clippers as the favorites

I was hopeful he was going to wait for kawhi to make his decision this summer but he had a decision to make of his own that didn't fit the timeline

I hope he can be bought out and that he can join the clips but that won't be likely due to he's so damn loyal lol.

But he stretches the floor and he's a great defender.

I believe in him more than Zu or trezz as far as impact goes even if Marc struggles seeing what I saw last yr run.

Gasol made giannis work. He made embiid work. He was able to guard Steph on switches and keep up with him. He's always gave ad fits

He's versatile in areas that clipper centers are not. I like the clippers centers based on matchups. I like gasol pretty much universally. He's able to handle most matchups

esqtvd
RealGM

Post#89 » by esqtvd » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:57 pm

NippySudz wrote:I would love if they clippers could get Marc gasol. I believe Marc gasol would solidify the clippers as the favorites

I was hopeful he was going to wait for kawhi to make his decision this summer but he had a decision to make of his own that didn't fit the timeline

I hope he can be bought out and that he can join the clips but that won't be likely due to he's so damn loyal lol.

But he stretches the floor and he's a great defender.

I believe in him more than Zu or trezz as far as impact goes even if Marc struggles seeing what I saw last yr run.

Gasol made giannis work. He made embiid work. He was able to guard Steph on switches and keep up with him. He's always gave ad fits

He's versatile in areas that clipper centers are not. I like the clippers centers based on matchups. I like gasol pretty much universally. He's able to handle most matchups

I mentioned Marc Gasol early in the fall as a buyout guy for us but unfortunately the Raptors have refused to fade. There's zero reason to give up on the season. Get to the playoffs, raise some hell, keep that winning culture. Hell, they're tied for the 2nd seed over there. Just shows you how important learning how to win is. It sticks, at least for awhile.

You'd have to say Nick Nurse might be doing an even better job than last year.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#90 » by clipperlover » Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:03 pm

donemilio21 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Sham is heroic

I read his last year isn't fully guaranteed.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#91 » by donemilio21 » Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:00 am

clipperlover wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Sham is heroic

I read his last year isn't fully guaranteed.

It looks like you are correct. His last year is not fully guaranteed, if waived by 07/14/2021. Which means his contract would make a nice trade chip, in that 20 day period between the draft and the 14th.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers