ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 55: Los Angeles Clippers (37-17) @ Boston Celtics (37-16) - 8:00 PM ET

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Game 55: Los Angeles Clippers (37-17) @ Boston Celtics (37-16) - 8:00 PM ET 

Post#81 » by TheNewEra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:08 am

Boston killed Kawhi with doubles
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#82 » by TheNewEra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:09 am

Tough game we never truly got over the hump. Boston got everything at the rim
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,165

Post#83 » by og15 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:10 am

NippySudz wrote:GG. They fought hard. Damn 3 game losing streak

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Yup, but if we want to pick at simple things, if Kawhi won his matchup against Tatum, the Clippers would likely be the ones going home with the win. Of course the "why" that made him struggle matters, but great game by Tatum too.
50CalClips
Rookie
And1: 323

Post#84 » by 50CalClips » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:10 am

Glen plays "accidental Basketball"

At 28:50...

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,165

Post#85 » by og15 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:13 am

50CalClips wrote:Glen plays "accidental Basketball"

At 28:50...

I looked at 28:50 and I don't think that's what you meant to cite, lol
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,089

Post#86 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 am

Not yet. They've only lost two in a row.

Clippers have avoided 3-game losing streaks, which is important in and of itself. But, they could be in danger of one when the regular season resumes vs. Kings at home on February 22.

As you know, if you lose three in a row, you're guaranteed to be eliminated in the playoffs. No team in NBA history has ever recovered from a 0-3 playoff series deficit.
Akklaim1
Rookie
And1: 821

Post#87 » by Akklaim1 » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:14 am

2-game skid. Not 3.

Still stinks though. I was hoping for our first 60-win season. It looks like it's out of the picture now as we have to avoid losing 5 more times the rest of the way.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#88 » by NippySudz » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:15 am

og15 wrote:

Yup, but if we want to pick at simple things, if Kawhi won his matchup against Tatum, the Clippers would likely be the ones going home with the win. Of course the "why" that made him struggle matters, but great game by Tatum too.
I stand corrected. Forgot about the stop in Cleveland. 2 game losing streak and kawhi was outplayed on both ends. You don't really see that too often. Good game. I'm glad to be away from basketball for a week.

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#89 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:17 am

og15 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
og15 wrote:Screen brings an extra defender. Late in the game, depending on who your ball handler is, you might not want a screen. No screen was a good idea, Kawhi's read and decision when the double team came, not so good. The foul call, well...I'll let others discuss that

A screen can also draw more attention to the open man if teams doubled. It was a terrible decision to have him just dribble and no one even close for him to pass it to for a easier look
Well it's not a terrible decision, this is what coaches all around the league are doing. They might screen in order to get a switch and get a better defensive matchup, but there's nothing terrible about isolation at the top in that situation.

A screen is better than a double without a screen most times, but if you think they might double, then a screen is just bringing a second defender and possibly getting the ball out of the hands of the guy who you want to shoot. Kawhi's read was not the best, he didn't want to give it up, he had the angle to do so if he really wanted to, but he wanted to shoot, it is what it is.

Well, thanks for some actual basketball discussion on our game thread, OG. Nobody cares.

I'm out. Doc sucks. Planet Zubac wins again--as if more Zubac would have made any difference, LOL.

We need to see you and the other moderators in the game threads while the game is on. Or else it just turns into mob rule, as you can see. We need intelligent and positive discussion and influence or else the bad drives out the good, and then poisons all the neutral people too. I hope you'll discuss this with your fellow moderators. "Moderating" needs an active role.

Helluva game. No Pat Bev and then missing our 'other' superstar for the rest. 2 OTs on the home floor of one of the best teams in the NBA.

Clipper players and Clipper fans can walk away from this one with heads held high. I enjoyed it. Hope other people did too. :clap:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#90 » by TheNewEra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:22 am

Game sucked 1-3 trip
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#91 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:24 am

Akklaim1 wrote:2-game skid. Not 3.

Still stinks though. I was hoping for our first 60-win season. It looks like it's out of the picture now as we have to avoid losing 5 more times the rest of the way.

Team record is 57 wins, which we still might equal. Plus, so what. That was Doc's first year after we flushed Vinnie.

You can't find even one person on this board who gives a ****. :lol:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by NippySudz » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:24 am

Paul george gets injured then we lose. The feeling just sucks right now.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#93 » by TheNewEra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:24 am

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
A screen can also draw more attention to the open man if teams doubled. It was a terrible decision to have him just dribble and no one even close for him to pass it to for a easier look
Well it's not a terrible decision, this is what coaches all around the league are doing. They might screen in order to get a switch and get a better defensive matchup, but there's nothing terrible about isolation at the top in that situation.

A screen is better than a double without a screen most times, but if you think they might double, then a screen is just bringing a second defender and possibly getting the ball out of the hands of the guy who you want to shoot. Kawhi's read was not the best, he didn't want to give it up, he had the angle to do so if he really wanted to, but he wanted to shoot, it is what it is.

Well, thanks for some actual basketball discussion on our game thread, OG. Nobody cares.

I'm out. Doc sucks. Planet Zubac wins again--as if more Zubac would have made any difference, LOL.

We need to see you and the other moderators in the game threads while the game is on. Or else it just turns into mob rule, as you can see. We need intelligent and positive discussion and influence or else the bad drives out the good, and then poisons all the neutral people too. I hope you'll discuss this with your fellow moderators. "Moderating" needs an active role.

Helluva game. No Pat Bev and then missing our 'other' superstar for the rest. 2 OTs on the home floor of one of the best teams in the NBA.

Clipper players and Clipper fans can walk away from this one with heads held high. I enjoyed it. Hope other people did too. :clap:

Take your toxic ass to sleep lol

Your baiting BS gets old you don’t give a damn about the team you just want to use those weak stats
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,202

Post#94 » by Max Headrom » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:26 am

Break couldn't have come at a better time with these nagging injuries. I'm just glad the team fought, that's all you can ask for being undermanned
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#95 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:27 am

Didn't get to post during the game because I was busy, but here's my thoughts:

- Kawhi kind of choked this game. Doesn't happen very often, but it happened tonight. Just bad shot selection and bricks down the stretch. Not very concerned, though. He always shows up come playoff time when it matters.

- The PG trade is officially a disaster. He was pulling a disappearing act against a good team AGAIN, then he got injured AGAIN. The injury part isn't his fault, obviously, but I just have zero confidence in him at this point.

- Coffey should get all of McGruder's minutes. He's a solid defender.

- Our perimeter defense is still a total mess.

- Maybe Lou is finally getting out of his slump? He was great tonight.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#96 » by TheNewEra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:28 am

og15 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
og15 wrote:Screen brings an extra defender. Late in the game, depending on who your ball handler is, you might not want a screen. No screen was a good idea, Kawhi's read and decision when the double team came, not so good. The foul call, well...I'll let others discuss that

Don’t believe he had a angle to give it up it would of been a tough half court pass

They had a defender in the passing lanes and even with the bad read it’s a difficult pass
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#97 » by NippySudz » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:30 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Didn't get to post during the game because I was busy, but gere's my thoughts:

- Kawhi kind of choked this game. Doesn't happen very often, but it happened tonight. Just bad shot selection and bricks down the stretch. Not very concerned, though. He always shows up come playoff time when it matters.

- The PG trade is officially a disaster. He was pulling a disappearing act against a good team AGAIN, then he got injured AGAIN. I have zero confidence in him at this point.

- Coffey should get all of McGruder's minutes. He's a solid defender.

- Our perimeter defense is still a total mess.

- Maybe Lou is finally getting out of his slump? He was great tonight.

Kawhi was outplayed tonight on both ends and took horrible shots.

At this point with all the injuries and what not I'm just gonna pray we can finished 3rd seed.

Seems like every time this team makes progress, it's two steps back.

TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#98 » by TheNewEra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:33 am

Kawhi was just left to pound the ball without anything happening
Young Sterling
Sophomore
And1: 137

Post#99 » by Young Sterling » Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:50 am

It sucks not having Patrick Beverly. We need a 3 and D guard in the backcourt and although Lou and Sham get buckets, they trade them too with their bad D. Just having Amir Coffey out there as an additional defender really brought us back in the game, and a closing lineup including Lou, Sham, and Trez was just too leaky on the defensive end.

I wish Doc would at least TRY a legit small ball line up with Morris/Green at the 4/5. Trez gives up boards, spacing and defense. Zubac for some reason is unplayable. Why not stretch the floor and make life easier for Kawhi and Lou when they drive?

Marcus Morris played a lot better just simply waiting on the perimeter and spacing the floor out. The last game and in the beginning of this game, he tried doing too much in/near the paint. We need him to space and shoot like today.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#100 » by TheNewEra » Fri Feb 14, 2020 5:09 am

Young Sterling wrote:It sucks not having Patrick Beverly. We need a 3 and D guard in the backcourt and although Lou and Sham get buckets, they trade them too with their bad D. Just having Amir Coffey out there as an additional defender really brought us back in the game, and a closing lineup including Lou, Sham, and Trez was just too leaky on the defensive end.

I wish Doc would at least TRY a legit small ball line up with Morris/Green at the 4/5. Trez gives up boards, spacing and defense. Zubac for some reason is unplayable. Why not stretch the floor and make life easier for Kawhi and Lou when they drive?

Marcus Morris played a lot better just simply waiting on the perimeter and spacing the floor out. The last game and in the beginning of this game, he tried doing too much in/near the paint. We need him to space and shoot like today.

Morris finding his way back to his role on the Celtics

Return to Los Angeles Clippers