ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 59: Los Angeles Clippers (39-19) vs. Denver Nuggets (40-18) - 10:30 PM ET

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Game 59: Los Angeles Clippers (39-19) vs. Denver Nuggets (40-18) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#101 » by TheNewEra » Sun Mar 1, 2020 5:25 pm

Looked pretty damn good all around. Joker is a MVP player if you think someone is just going to slow him down easily it’s not going to happen
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Re: Game 59: Los Angeles Clippers (39-19) vs. Denver Nuggets (40-18) - 10:30 PM ET 

Post#102 » by playaloc916 » Sun Mar 1, 2020 5:52 pm

Weird game in that everyone was playing well, no real weaknesses, and against a top team nonetheless. Hopefully we can get a few more of these and turn it into a streak. Will do wonders for team chemistry and confidence.

Jackson is looking great, and I think one of the biggest things about him playing with Lou and Trez, is that it allows Lou to concentrate on being a bucket getter. Lou trying to be a the primary playmaker/scorer was a little too much for him I think. Now, he can focus on scoring and also setting up Trez without having to spend a lot of energy dribbling around.

And it's great to see PG with a big scoring game. He's been doing other things like passing and defending the past few games, but when he's scoring, that's a lot he's adding to the team.
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
And1: 147

Post#103 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Sun Mar 1, 2020 8:36 pm

I confess, Jackson so far has been a welcome sight. Hitting buckets and playing some very good defense. He might just have a very big roll when the games get big.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#104 » by Max Headrom » Mon Mar 2, 2020 2:22 am

Denver just put up 133 on Toronto but yes, Clippers defense is a cause for concern after today (sarcasm) You'd rather your team show up in games against contenders as opposed to a team like the Lakers that look great against the bottom dwelling teams but struggle against the top teams...
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#105 » by NippySudz » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:08 am

Max Headrom wrote:Denver just put up 133 on Toronto but yes, Clippers defense is a cause for concern after today (sarcasm) You'd rather your team show up in games against contenders as opposed to a team like the Lakers that look great against the bottom dwelling teams but struggle against the top teams...

if I had to choose, yes. But its a false choice. It shouldn't be play bad against bad teams but great against great teams. We have to consistently build good habits and I believe the clippers will building those habits. People like MTV want mircowave success. The lakers starting off to a hotstart has spoiled clipper and nba fans into thinking its not a contending team because the lakers started off 24-3 and we're supposed to be the "favorites"

this is why you are supposed to watch basketball for basketball and not narratives and pass it off as basketball.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#106 » by Max Headrom » Mon Mar 2, 2020 4:17 am

NippySudz wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:Denver just put up 133 on Toronto but yes, Clippers defense is a cause for concern after today (sarcasm) You'd rather your team show up in games against contenders as opposed to a team like the Lakers that look great against the bottom dwelling teams but struggle against the top teams...

if I had to choose, yes. But its a false choice. It shouldn't be play bad against bad teams but great against great teams. We have to consistently build good habits and I believe the clippers will building those habits. People like MTV want mircowave success. The lakers starting off to a hotstart has spoiled clipper and nba fans into thinking its not a contending team because the lakers started off 24-3 and we're supposed to be the "favorites"

this is why you are supposed to watch basketball for basketball and not narratives and pass it off as basketball.

My point was, teams get hot and I don't think what happened today was because the defense is bad. Philly took the same shots in the 3rd quarter they took in the first half and they just went cold. Clippers were in their shooter's face in the first half, they just couldn't miss.
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#107 » by clipperlover » Mon Mar 2, 2020 6:04 pm

NippySudz wrote:Nuggets fan think mpj had the potential to be that guy and so do I but he does need to play more than 4 minutes of playing time so that's on Malone. Beasely was traded and mpj is supposed to eat up his mins. in due time, he will become that guy but he's a liability on defense right now.

Still was worth a shot trying last night and Malone didn't make that adjustment.

I don't think he's ready this season to be that guy, not over there course of 7 game set anyway

I've watched all the nuggets playoff run last yr. You can see Malone trying to rally jokic to take over and jokic is not really getting it or just wants to keep it focused on the team. He's good enough to be a go to guy but he's passive down the stretch.

His lack of conditioning this past summer shows me he doesn't put in the work in the summertime. He lost 25lbs during the season getting into shape

He's a smart basketball player but I don't believe he has as much drive as the other top players in the game to get better. Man just got hella good IQ and feel for the game.

Last month, I made a post about Jokic with these same concerns. Not sure how the guy does what he does. He is out of shape and lackadaisical. He had some very boneheaded careless plays that cost them the series vs Portland last year. I thought he would have come back this year and learned from that experience. Doesn't appear to be the case. If the guy had Kobe's drive, he might be the most unstoppable player in the game. If he just had Harrell's drive, they would dominate the West.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#108 » by NippySudz » Wed Mar 4, 2020 4:17 am

clipperlover wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Nuggets fan think mpj had the potential to be that guy and so do I but he does need to play more than 4 minutes of playing time so that's on Malone. Beasely was traded and mpj is supposed to eat up his mins. in due time, he will become that guy but he's a liability on defense right now.

Still was worth a shot trying last night and Malone didn't make that adjustment.

I don't think he's ready this season to be that guy, not over there course of 7 game set anyway

I've watched all the nuggets playoff run last yr. You can see Malone trying to rally jokic to take over and jokic is not really getting it or just wants to keep it focused on the team. He's good enough to be a go to guy but he's passive down the stretch.

His lack of conditioning this past summer shows me he doesn't put in the work in the summertime. He lost 25lbs during the season getting into shape

He's a smart basketball player but I don't believe he has as much drive as the other top players in the game to get better. Man just got hella good IQ and feel for the game.

Last month, I made a post about Jokic with these same concerns. Not sure how the guy does what he does. He is out of shape and lackadaisical. He had some very boneheaded careless plays that cost them the series vs Portland last year. I thought he would have come back this year and learned from that experience. Doesn't appear to be the case. If the guy had Kobe's drive, he might be the most unstoppable player in the game. If he just had Harrell's drive, they would dominate the West.

He's against the warriors right now. He has 16 points and the warriors are beating the nuggets by 16 points as i'm typing. He does not subscribe to taking over a game. He's super smart, that's why he's an athlete. He has high basketball IQ, but idk if he commits to improving in the off season as other top players.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#109 » by NippySudz » Sun Mar 8, 2020 5:53 am

MartinToVaught wrote:The defense has been on point so far this half. You love to see it.

Paul George is looking like the superstar we traded for against a good team. You also love to see that.

Your favorite coach, Mike Malone just lost to the cavs again and now has given us a cushion in the standings.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers