ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 60: Los Angeles Clippers (40-19) vs. Philadelphia Sixers (37-23) - 3:30 PM ET

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Game 60: Los Angeles Clippers (40-19) vs. Philadelphia Sixers (37-23) - 3:30 PM ET 

Post#101 » by esqtvd » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:35 pm

TheNewEra wrote:76ers showed amazing heart to be down 3 starters really.

There's a weird dynamic on that team
Embiid doesn't make anybody else better

and Ben, for all his playmaking genius, just isn't a leader
and neither is Tobias
there's a hole in heart of that team

today they just went out and had fun
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Game 60: Los Angeles Clippers (40-19) vs. Philadelphia Sixers (37-23) - 3:30 PM ET 

Post#102 » by TheNewEra » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:36 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:I feel just fine thank you

I enjoy cheering for my team

:-D

If you think giving up 130 to one of the league's worst road teams missing three of their best players is acceptable, good for you. Some of us have higher expectations for "Clamp City" than that.

Long live the Cardiac Clippers! That game entertaining and disgusting all at the same time
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#103 » by esqtvd » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:38 pm

TheNewEra wrote::noway:
MartinToVaught wrote:

If you think giving up 130 to one of the league's worst road teams missing three of their best players is acceptable, good for you. Some of us have higher expectations for "Clamp City" than that.

Long live the Cardiac Clippers! That game entertaining and disgusting all at the same time

the Sixers played well

we won

like Kawhi says, enjoy the ride man

ADD: from a Sixers fan in LA
this was one of their best games of the year

Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#104 » by TheNewEra » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:41 pm

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:76ers showed amazing heart to be down 3 starters really.

There's a weird dynamic on that team
Embiid doesn't make anybody else better

and Ben, for all his playmaking genius, just isn't a leader
and neither is Tobias
there's a hole in heart of that team

today they just went out and had fun

They might of won this one if Richardson never got hurt. Yet they still shot 50%.... idk hopefully this is a wake up for the full strength clippers

I hate trap games this season

We won on to the next one
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#105 » by esqtvd » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:44 pm

is it ok if some of us fans enjoy the win?

this team is like 5 games old
still a work in progress

41- 19, man :D

Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#106 » by TheNewEra » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:55 pm

Hope Denver win so the lakers can deal with the Houston firestorm
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,202

Post#107 » by Max Headrom » Sun Mar 1, 2020 11:59 pm

For those talking about the negatives of this game despite making the Nuggets look like a G-League team the other night, this is a game they would normally lose. And teams get hot all the time and sometimes no amount of defense can stop that. It's not like the Sixers were getting a ton of wide open 3's, they hit a lot of tough, contested 3's but unlike the T-Wolves game, we took their best punch but hung around before that stretch in the 3rd where the Clippers locked them down.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#108 » by esqtvd » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:02 am

TheNewEra wrote:Hope Denver win so the lakers can deal with the Houston firestorm

interesting thought
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,829

Post#109 » by SK21209 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:05 am

Went to the Clippers game today, didn’t realize until now that Richardson missed most of the game. Milton was ridiculous.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#110 » by NippySudz » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:10 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:[list=][/list]

We don’t need that many scorers in at the same time to close anyway

the offense needs to run through the teams best player and best playmaker. I don't know why lou is in sometimes. I guess to confuse the defense, but really, lou will needs to play offball. its really annoying havin the game in control and he has the ball. his court vision is limited compared to kawhi. It's not his fault, just not his strength. Just give up the ball.

24 points

team-high 8 assists

team high plus+19

enjoy

Please stop looking at the box score and watch the game. The team bounced back, not dismissing that, but with the game withing reach, 2mins left to go the ball needs to be in the hands of the best player. Period. The starters were terrible tonight and the bench really uplifted the team, so give HUGE credit to the bench. However, that doesn't dismiss the criticism I have for Lou.

Having a bunch of assists doesn't necessarily make you a great playmaker. It doesn't mean because he has 8 assists, suddenly louwill is a better playmaker than chris paul for example.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#111 » by NippySudz » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:12 am

TheNewEra wrote:Hope Denver win so the lakers can deal with the Houston firestorm

We don't even know how good they are and its a strong possibility they can knock either LA teams on. I'm excited to play them. I feel out of anyone, we match up best with them. Their strategy is interesting. They're not trying to blow out teams, they're just trying to win even if its 1pt win. By exchanging 2 for 3. That sounds like a strategy that's either genius or get can you elminated in the first round. If they face chris paul and the thunder, I believe the thunder will upset them. but I could just as well see houston beating the lakers. Weird.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#112 » by TheNewEra » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:12 am

SK21209 wrote:Went to the Clippers game today, didn’t realize until now that Richardson missed most of the game. Milton was ridiculous.

Yeah he was on the ground for a while probably a concussion
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#113 » by esqtvd » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:15 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:the offense needs to run through the teams best player and best playmaker. I don't know why lou is in sometimes. I guess to confuse the defense, but really, lou will needs to play offball. its really annoying havin the game in control and he has the ball. his court vision is limited compared to kawhi. It's not his fault, just not his strength. Just give up the ball.

24 points

team-high 8 assists

team high plus+19

enjoy

Please stop looking at the box score and watch the game. The team bounced back, not dismissing that, but with the game withing reach, 2mins left to go the ball needs to be in the hands of the best player. Period. The starters were terrible tonight and the bench really uplifted the team, so give HUGE credit to the bench. However, that doesn't dismiss the criticism I have for Lou.

Having a bunch of assists doesn't necessarily make you a great playmaker. It doesn't mean because he has 8 assists, suddenly louwill is a better playmaker than chris paul for example.

oh, enjoy the damn game already lol
these people are a bad influence on you
they make even a win a miserable experience

as for Lou, of course Reggie's a better PG
he lets Lou be Lou, and when you're a scoring threat yourself, that can leave other people open
and Lou found them
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,293

Post#114 » by nickhx2 » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:17 am

Max Headrom wrote:For those talking about the negatives of this game despite making the Nuggets look like a G-League team the other night, this is a game they would normally lose. And teams get hot all the time and sometimes no amount of defense can stop that. It's not like the Sixers were getting a ton of wide open 3's, they hit a lot of tough, contested 3's but unlike the T-Wolves game, we took their best punch but hung around before that stretch in the 3rd where the Clippers locked them down.

this was almost literally a schedule loss cause it was a sunday noon game, and the team overcame it, so yeah
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#115 » by NippySudz » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:22 am

Max Headrom wrote:For those talking about the negatives of this game despite making the Nuggets look like a G-League team the other night, this is a game they would normally lose. And teams get hot all the time and sometimes no amount of defense can stop that. It's not like the Sixers were getting a ton of wide open 3's, they hit a lot of tough, contested 3's but unlike the T-Wolves game, we took their best punch but hung around before that stretch in the 3rd where the Clippers locked them down.

this is true. We would have lost something like this a month ago and hung our heads. give credit for the team showing resilience and winning.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#116 » by NippySudz » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:23 am

nickhx2 wrote:

this was almost literally a schedule loss cause it was a sunday noon game, and the team overcame it, so yeah

i'm surprised an eastern conference team had more energy than a west coast team. with the time change and all
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#117 » by NippySudz » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:29 am

MartinToVaught wrote:

dude, you complain about everything and don't really lead to a constructive dialogue. You just bitch, but you don't look at our last 4 games, we've held opponents to under 100 twice and the times they eclipse 100 was by a couple of points or so holding them under their avg. You haven't noticed our point differential has increased to +6.2 second only to the lakers in that catergory. Before, it was 5.4

I get that you are concerned by the team but come on dude. This is a good step in the right direction. it's not a feel good win, its a sloppy win. Its one of those wins you need, builds morale. Win when things are not going your way. If they have not found a way to win this game, you would have crucified them for it. You were already on your way to writing them off.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#118 » by NippySudz » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:32 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

24 points

team-high 8 assists

team high plus+19

enjoy

oh, enjoy the damn game already lol
these people are a bad influence on you
they make even a win a miserable experience

as for Lou, of course Reggie's a better PG
he lets Lou be Lou, and when you're a scoring threat yourself, that can leave other people open
and Lou found them

Oh I enjoyed it. It was a sloppy win but I'm glad they win, but looking to the playoffs, I would like the ball in the hands of the best player. That's fair. The best player is their best playmaker. Every team has a pecking order. If they were up a considerable amount, I can see lou having the ball, but 4 points down, I will live and die with Kawhi Leonard, Paul George and Lou will as the last option. I believe you need a pecking order in the playoffs. You live and die with your best player but that's just my opinion.

I could see the logic behind having so many closing options, but just my opinion.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#119 » by esqtvd » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:33 am

the thrill of victory
and the agony of reading about it on this board lol
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#120 » by esqtvd » Mon Mar 2, 2020 12:33 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Los Angeles Clippers