ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 63: Los Angeles Clippers (43-19) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (48-13) - 3:30 PM ET

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Nicksp
Ballboy
And1: 0

Re: Game 63: Los Angeles Clippers (43-19) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (48-13) - 3:30 PM ET 

Post#241 » by Nicksp » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:40 pm

Doc blew this. Period.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Re: Game 63: Los Angeles Clippers (43-19) vs. Los Angeles Lakers (48-13) - 3:30 PM ET 

Post#242 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:53 pm

esqtvd wrote:It's Lou who will adjust to Reggie [he already has] and to Marcus--if Marcus is gonna make it here at all.

Lou already adjusted to Reggie by playing off-ball... until we ran into some adversity in an important game, Doc panicked and forgot all the adjustments the team had made.

And Doc, a championship coach.

Remember when the narrative was that KD chose the Nets because of Kenny Atkinson? Now look how that turned out. Kawhi chose the Clippers because he wanted to play for his hometown, not because of a mediocre coach who has achieved nothing with this franchise.

So we're gonna minimize Trezz; cut 6MOY Lou below 20 mpg; erase Sham; FIRE DOC.

Doc has already minimized Trez by using him in a role that's way too big for his skillset. And he's erased Sham by banishing him to the bench and not running plays for him. But at least you still get to see every player in the league making sure to get Lou switched on them in clutch time!

With all of the NBA pleading for him to join them, Kawhi joined the Clippers because we had Zubac.

Now you're just putting words in people's mouth. You do realize that Kawhi and Zubac have a great PnR connection going, right?
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#243 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:07 pm

Stars do not care about a team winning 41+ games and playing tough in the playoffs in first round losses. They care about teaming up with other stars that they think they can win with.

Kawhi demonstrated exactly that when, after that tough/gritty season, $50k tampering fine, he told the Clippers to get a 2nd star or he's not coming (important to frame it this way because George wasn't our first choice, we looked at Harden and others).

It's half accurate (maybe less) to say he just joined because of Bev, Trezz, Lou and Doc. He could have easily signed on the dotted line and said, "go get me a star" after being acquired....giving the Clippers much more leverage in dealing with Sam Presti and proving that he came to LA for those four.

He didn't. In fact, if there was no deal for George, he'd probably be wearing purple now.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
ClapForClippers
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#244 » by ClapForClippers » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:54 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:Stars do not care about a team winning 41+ games and playing tough in the playoffs in first round losses. They care about teaming up with other stars that they think they can win with.

Kawhi demonstrated exactly that when, after that tough/gritty season, $50k tampering fine, he told the Clippers to get a 2nd star or he's not coming (important to frame it this way because George wasn't our first choice, we looked at Harden and others).

It's half accurate (maybe less) to say he just joined because of Bev, Trezz, Lou and Doc. He could have easily signed on the dotted line and said, "go get me a star" after being acquired....giving the Clippers much more leverage in dealing with Sam Presti and proving that he came to LA for those four.

He didn't. In fact, if there was no deal for George, he'd probably be wearing purple now.

HUH?

Every legitimate article and source I've heard said PG was all or nothing, or Kawhi wasn't coming.

Where TF do you get Harden from?

Sources????
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#245 » by NippySudz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:01 pm

Nicksp wrote:Doc blew this. Period.

He didn't. He had dumb rotations are the end, but he didn't blow it. The lakers had a considerable lead near the end. There's no guarantee we win, but I agree keeping lou in the game was idiotic. It was just as idiotic when he did it against chris paul and OKC when kawhi load managed. He doesn't think Lebron is going to see that? Its Lebron freaking James.

Where we lost the game was in the Non-Lebron Minutes. When the clippers were up 9 and let the lakers cut it to 4 heading into half time instead of extending the lead. That's where the game was lost. Lakers had the momentum heading into the third.

Lebron boxscore wise played terrible. 7-17 shooting wise, but he was aggressive getting to the basket and cause a lot of foul trouble. 14 ft shots. Leonard imo should have been more aggressive. he never demanded the ball. he doesn't mind being a role player at times instead of just saying give me the ball, lets go home. Sometimes , that's what is required, but he played roleplayer until the 4th. PG had it going so I can't blame him too much but this is a game where he should have scored 35 and force the defense to adjust to him.

The lakers are not going to adjust to lou and trez as much they're going to adjust to kawhi and PG.

If doc does use lou will to close games, after evidence from this season and they lose, I don't see how he comes back next year.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#246 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:48 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Nicksp wrote:Doc blew this. Period.

He didn't. He had dumb rotations are the end, but he didn't blow it. The lakers had a considerable lead near the end.

It was a 4-point game going into the 4th. I personally wasn't confident in our chances anyway, but on paper, that was a winnable game. It only spiraled out of control because Doc made his usual baffling decisions down the stretch. Yes, Doc blew it.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#247 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:18 pm

ClapForClippers wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Stars do not care about a team winning 41+ games and playing tough in the playoffs in first round losses. They care about teaming up with other stars that they think they can win with.

HUH?

Every legitimate article and source I've heard said PG was all or nothing, or Kawhi wasn't coming.

Where TF do you get Harden from?

Sources????

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/07/23/report-clippers-tried-to-trade-for-james-harden-before-landing-paul-george/
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#248 » by NippySudz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 6:28 pm

MartinRiggs wrote:I will forgive them for this loss because it was an early start game.

If I am not mistaken start time was 12:30pm LA time which was basically 11:30am because of the time change?

Lakers also had to play at 11am

I'm just waiting for the PO season to come. I don't care we lost. Probably better that way. Waiters the team up letting them know they're vulnerable to being beaten in the playoffs.

Kawhi IMO needs to be more assertive and not play like a role player even when someone else has the hot hand and doc needs to stop being stubborn.

I don't care what happens in the regular season anymore. Let's get to the playoffs.

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#249 » by esqtvd » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:35 pm

Probably. But he wasn't going to join a 25-win basket case either, PG or not.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#250 » by esqtvd » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:45 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:It's Lou who will adjust to Reggie [he already has] and to Marcus--if Marcus is gonna make it here at all.

Lou already adjusted to Reggie by playing off-ball... until we ran into some adversity in an important game, Doc panicked and forgot all the adjustments the team had made.

And Doc, a championship coach.

Remember when the narrative was that KD chose the Nets because of Kenny Atkinson? Now look how that turned out. Kawhi chose the Clippers because he wanted to play for his hometown, not because of a mediocre coach who has achieved nothing with this franchise.

So we're gonna minimize Trezz; cut 6MOY Lou below 20 mpg; erase Sham; FIRE DOC.

Doc has already minimized Trez by using him in a role that's way too big for his skillset. And he's erased Sham by banishing him to the bench and not running plays for him. But at least you still get to see every player in the league making sure to get Lou switched on them in clutch time!

With all of the NBA pleading for him to join them, Kawhi joined the Clippers because we had Zubac.

Now you're just putting words in people's mouth. You do realize that Kawhi and Zubac have a great PnR connection going, right?

Wow, we actually lost a game?

Enjoy your meal, Clipper "fans." :lol:

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#251 » by NippySudz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:25 pm

The better team won last game. Let it go and move on to the next. Lakers won. Losing a regular season game is not the worst thing. It's coming on social media platforms and reading all the bull **** hot takes that's the worst part.

Can the playoffs start already?

Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#252 » by Clemenza » Wed Mar 11, 2020 6:03 pm

NippySudz wrote:The better team won last game. Let it go and move on to the next. Lakers won. Losing a regular season game is not the worst thing. It's coming on social media platforms and reading all the bull **** hot takes that's the worst part.

I didn't think we would sweep the regular season matchups but even still Sunday's game was still winnable. Yes the Lakers were hungry but still they had no answer for Paul George whatsoever up until the 4th quarter where Doc doesn't draw anything up to get him some touches and shots. I also would've subbed Reggie in for either Lou or Pat Bev cause Reggie played better than both of them combined. And yeah throw Zu in for a few minutes to clog the paint and cut down on the Bron layup line that was non stop late in the game. Depite the horrific shooting the game was still to be had. Hell, at worst even if you do nothing with no adjustments whatsoever just ride PG and let him go for 40 plus. Every night isn't going to be a balanced team effort.That was PG's statement game and the coaching staff nipped it in the bud.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#253 » by NippySudz » Wed Mar 11, 2020 7:40 pm

Clemenza wrote:
NippySudz wrote:The better team won last game. Let it go and move on to the next. Lakers won. Losing a regular season game is not the worst thing. It's coming on social media platforms and reading all the bull **** hot takes that's the worst part.

I didn't think we would sweep the regular season matchups but even still Sunday's game was still winnable. Yes the Lakers were hungry but still they had no answer for Paul George whatsoever up until the 4th quarter where Doc doesn't draw anything up to get him some touches and shots. I also would've subbed Reggie in for either Lou or Pat Bev cause Reggie played better than both of them combined. And yeah throw Zu in for a few minutes to clog the paint and cut down on the Bron layup line that was non stop late in the game. Depite the horrific shooting the game was still to be had. Hell, at worst even if you do nothing with no adjustments whatsoever just ride PG and let him go for 40 plus. Every night isn't going to be a balanced team effort.That was PG's statement game and the coaching staff nipped it in the bud.

My biggest issue with doc is that he features trez and Lou like they're part of a big 4 and i detest that. It makes no sense to me why he plays them longer than they're needed and waste their effective usefulness but that being said, he knows Lou is battle tested in the fourth quarter. Lou has hit clutch shots and had clutch stretches where he wins the game. So I can see his logic there over Reggie in rest mins.

Personally, I just think you dont need to do with when you have Kawhi Leonard. Kawhi has taken. This team home a few times during the course of the season. Rely on your best player.

I agree kawhi and PG should have been featured more, PG more in the 4th. I think guys need to also just say **** the gameplan and give the ball to either kawhi or pg and let them make a play. Sometimes the best games is the simple one.

This is what I'm talking about a hierachy need to be established. Guys are afraid to step on people's toes. So we get finished like this. The team needs to privately discuss this. I've mentioned it. Doc did bad but PG being okay with one shot in the late fourth quarter is something he needs to voice displeasure with. Speak up.

They can't let trez and Lou to be fair participants. They're role players.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers