ImageImageImageImageImage

The Athletic: Clippers Mailbag [Paywall]

Moderators: TrueLAfan, QRich3, og15

Wammy Giveaway
Bench Warmer
And1: 480

The Athletic: Clippers Mailbag [Paywall] 

Post#1 » by Wammy Giveaway » Thu May 21, 2020 8:20 pm

Link: https://theathletic.com/1815602/2020/05/15/clippers-mailbag-2020-21-pressure-postseason-rotation-joakim-noah-and-more/

Does anybody have access to The Athletic? I have a request. My question was answered for this entry, but I'm unable to read it because I don't have a subscription. Only my question and response, please.

How do you think the pandemic could affect the CBA, just in case if season gets cancelled? For example, could we see an amnesty clause, or a second trade (like how MLB used to do them)? If Clippers were given access to that, who would you like for them to pick up?
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,116

Re: The Athletic: Clippers Mailbag [Paywall] 

Post#2 » by esqtvd » Thu May 21, 2020 9:01 pm

I don’t have a great answer for you on how the CBA will be affected by the season potentially being canceled.

I doubt the NBPA allows an amnesty clause or a second trade deadline. Players will already be taking a pay hit from the lost revenue from canceled games, and I think they’re going to push back against further concessions. They’ll likely have to make some concessions, but I don’t see either of these happening. I could be wrong. It’s a fluid situation.

As for what the Clippers need, I think they could use another elite shooter at the non-Leonard and George spots and another guard or wing who can attack the rim. But, frankly, that’s nitpicking. The Clippers probably have the most complete roster in the NBA. I wouldn’t change much.

https://theathletic.com/1815602/2020/05/15/clippers-mailbag-2020-21-pressure-postseason-rotation-joakim-noah-and-more/
..............................................................................IGNORED: nobody really, though some folks make my eyes glaze over :lol:

Return to Los Angeles Clippers