ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Watching the neighbors

Moderators: QRich3, og15, TrueLAfan

User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,186
And1: 1,223
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#41 » by esqtvd » Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:23 am

Kelphus wrote:Am NOT watching the game, but I see from ESPN the fLakers are about to wrap up another Larry.

No schadenfreude today boys. Just crow to eat.. lots of it.

I am fine with Doc being replaced at this point, he had all that talent and they just were mediocre at the end. I don't think Doc is a bad coach, but when you've had that roster and you ONCE AGAIN don't get to the WCF, a head must roll...

However, there are many on this board who will be lost without Doc to froth about.

As has been the case for the past 23 years, 21 of which were as a ticket holder, I say "just wait til next year".

Sigh.




We'd have been swept by the Lakers anyway. Bron is clearly more dominant than Kawhi, PG is not in AD's league and our role players were complete garbage except for Zubac, whose 9 ppg and 7 rebs were hardly going to move the meter anyway.

Hard to find anyone even worth keeping. Trezz turned into a basket case, Lou let us down at the tittybar and Pat Bev turned out to be a punk. And then we quit in Game 7.

I can take anything but gutlessness. We had a little something going in 2018-19 with a team with character and an identity but this was a failure of heart. When you ain't got heart, there's nothing to build on. We got greedy with the starf***ing and threw it all away.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,450
And1: 13,900
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#42 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Oct 12, 2020 12:47 pm

Just a reminder that esqtvd was touting all the picks we traded away for this roster as "well-spent" when it was assembled. He even wrote off SGA as a bust.

Now the entire roster is suddenly garbage because he still can't admit that he was wrong about Doc. This is coming from the same guy who complains about other people "douchebagging our players" when they criticize them, mind you.
Image
NickP
Sophomore
Posts: 213
And1: 93
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#43 » by NickP » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:05 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Kelphus wrote:Am NOT watching the game, but I see from ESPN the fLakers are about to wrap up another Larry.

No schadenfreude today boys. Just crow to eat.. lots of it.

I am fine with Doc being replaced at this point, he had all that talent and they just were mediocre at the end. I don't think Doc is a bad coach, but when you've had that roster and you ONCE AGAIN don't get to the WCF, a head must roll...

However, there are many on this board who will be lost without Doc to froth about.

As has been the case for the past 23 years, 21 of which were as a ticket holder, I say "just wait til next year".

Sigh.




We'd have been swept by the Lakers anyway. Bron is clearly more dominant than Kawhi, PG is not in AD's league and our role players were complete garbage except for Zubac, whose 9 ppg and 7 rebs were hardly going to move the meter anyway.

Hard to find anyone even worth keeping. Trezz turned into a basket case, Lou let us down at the tittybar and Pat Bev turned out to be a punk. And then we quit in Game 7.

I can take anything but gutlessness. We had a little something going in 2018-19 with a team with character and an identity but this was a failure of heart. When you ain't got heart, there's nothing to build on. We got greedy with the starf***ing and threw it all away.

You really are not credible at all with that post. The Lakers would have beaten us anyway? LMFAO. That's rich. All the reasons you came up with and not a finger on Doc. Are you his PR agent or something?
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 7,613
And1: 595
Joined: Apr 11, 2001

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#44 » by TrueLAfan » Mon Oct 12, 2020 6:29 pm

If our bench and role players had played like they showed they could last year, and at times this year, we would have been competitive. That group of guys that was in the bubble—they were hopeless. I think another coach could (and would) have gotten us to the conference finals, but the Laker role players got it done in the playoffs. Ours didn’t. We had wholesale collapse in the second half of Games 6 and 7. It as a team loss--but the coach leads the team. *Shrug* Done with that.

Anyway, I don’t hold a grudge against the Lakers. LeBron is the best player ever step onto the court. He had a fantastic Robin (or 1a) with Davis. They did the things we said we would do; cut back on player minutes, stay healthy, peak in the playoffs. That’s where I fault coaching and management. Look at AD—missed about 15% of his teams games in the RS, played 34.4 mpg. That’s plenty of load management. Sure LeBron is starting form a high point, but his minutes keep going down too. They were well coached and well planned from the beginning of the year, and used the pre-playoff bubble games to get their heads straight and player to gel. Just what we didn’t do.
Image
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,186
And1: 1,223
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#45 » by esqtvd » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:40 am

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Kelphus wrote:Am NOT watching the game, but I see from ESPN the fLakers are about to wrap up another Larry.

No schadenfreude today boys. Just crow to eat.. lots of it.

I am fine with Doc being replaced at this point, he had all that talent and they just were mediocre at the end. I don't think Doc is a bad coach, but when you've had that roster and you ONCE AGAIN don't get to the WCF, a head must roll...

However, there are many on this board who will be lost without Doc to froth about.

As has been the case for the past 23 years, 21 of which were as a ticket holder, I say "just wait til next year".

Sigh.




We'd have been swept by the Lakers anyway. Bron is clearly more dominant than Kawhi, PG is not in AD's league and our role players were complete garbage except for Zubac, whose 9 ppg and 7 rebs were hardly going to move the meter anyway.

Hard to find anyone even worth keeping. Trezz turned into a basket case, Lou let us down at the tittybar and Pat Bev turned out to be a punk. And then we quit in Game 7.

I can take anything but gutlessness. We had a little something going in 2018-19 with a team with character and an identity but this was a failure of heart. When you ain't got heart, there's nothing to build on. We got greedy with the starf***ing and threw it all away.

You really are not credible at all with that post. The Lakers would have beaten us anyway? LMFAO. That's rich. All the reasons you came up with and not a finger on Doc. Are you his PR agent or something?



Meh. Yes, we've heard all that. Endlessly. Doc is gone. If you think that will solve the problem, well, you're not alone. :wink: A ritual as old as the hills, bro.

scapegoat \SKAYP-goat\ noun. 1 : a male goat upon whose head are symbolically placed the sins of the people after which he is sent into the wilderness in the biblical ceremony for Yom Kippur. 2 a : one that bears the blame for others.


Image

    Leviticus 16:21: Aaron shall lay both his hands upon the head of the live goat and confess over it all the iniquities and transgressions of the Israelites, whatever their sins, putting them on the head of the goat; and it shall be sent off to the wilderness through a designated man. Thus the goat shall carry on it all their iniquities to an inaccessible region; and the goat shall be set free in the wilderness.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,186
And1: 1,223
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#46 » by esqtvd » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:46 am

TrueLAfan wrote:If our bench and role players had played like they showed they could last year, and at times this year, we would have been competitive. That group of guys that was in the bubble—they were hopeless. I think another coach could (and would) have gotten us to the conference finals, but the Laker role players got it done in the playoffs. Ours didn’t. We had wholesale collapse in the second half of Games 6 and 7. It as a team loss--but the coach leads the team. *Shrug* Done with that.




Team loss: coach takes the blame. That's fair--coaches get credit for team wins too. You think another coach would have done better, you're entitled to your opinion but there's zero way of proving it one way or another.

But look at what the Raptors achieved without Kawhi, then think of how even more pathetic the Clippers would have been without him. Doc's gone but I look at what he left behind and I don't feel one ounce better.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,186
And1: 1,223
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#47 » by esqtvd » Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:00 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Just a reminder that esqtvd was touting all the picks we traded away for this roster as "well-spent" when it was assembled. He even wrote off SGA as a bust.

Now the entire roster is suddenly garbage because he still can't admit that he was wrong about Doc. This is coming from the same guy who complains about other people "douchebagging our players" when they criticize them, mind you.



No, I never wrote off SGA. I said he was already a solid NBA starter by the end of his rookie season, before we traded him. If you're going to harass me every time I post on our board, please stop lying about what I say.



As for trading for PG I didn't know his character flaws nor of any of the character flaws of the others that brought us down. We lost because of lack of heart, and of character. And I said that the OFF-SEASON is the entirely right time to d-bag your roster. And I am. But during the season, I'm all-in. Especially during the playoffs, when you HAVE to play the hand you're dealt.

It's what real fans do.


MartinToVaught wrote:I didn't watch a minute of the Finals and don't regret it one bit. Next season is going to be insufferable. This joke of a franchise really let VDN and Doc waste an entire decade and now the next coach is going to be just as bad. :noway:

This fanbase deserves better.



By contrast, YOU d-bagged your own team from Day One of the season and even during the playoffs except when they were playing well--in a nauseating display of frontrunning.

But they turned out to be a bunch of gutless pukes. LOL, as a "fan," YOU got just the team you deserved. :rofl2:


Image
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 14,614
And1: 4,178
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#48 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:34 pm

esqtvd wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Just a reminder that esqtvd was touting all the picks we traded away for this roster as "well-spent" when it was assembled. He even wrote off SGA as a bust.

Now the entire roster is suddenly garbage because he still can't admit that he was wrong about Doc. This is coming from the same guy who complains about other people "douchebagging our players" when they criticize them, mind you.



No, I never wrote off SGA. I said he was already a solid NBA starter by the end of his rookie season, before we traded him. If you're going to harass me every time I post on our board, please stop lying about what I say.



As for trading for PG I didn't know his character flaws nor of any of the character flaws of the others that brought us down. We lost because of lack of heart, and of character. And I said that the OFF-SEASON is the entirely right time to d-bag your roster. And I am. But during the season, I'm all-in. Especially during the playoffs, when you HAVE to play the hand you're dealt.

It's what real fans do.


MartinToVaught wrote:I didn't watch a minute of the Finals and don't regret it one bit. Next season is going to be insufferable. This joke of a franchise really let VDN and Doc waste an entire decade and now the next coach is going to be just as bad. :noway:

This fanbase deserves better.



By contrast, YOU d-bagged your own team from Day One of the season and even during the playoffs except when they were playing well--in a nauseating display of frontrunning.

But they turned out to be a bunch of gutless pukes. LOL, as a "fan," YOU got just the team you deserved. :rofl2:


Image

You gave Shai **** all year bro.

Come on.
Clever reactions to aggressive situations

#NoMoreDocRiversScholarships
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,186
And1: 1,223
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#49 » by esqtvd » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:12 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Just a reminder that esqtvd was touting all the picks we traded away for this roster as "well-spent" when it was assembled. He even wrote off SGA as a bust.

Now the entire roster is suddenly garbage because he still can't admit that he was wrong about Doc. This is coming from the same guy who complains about other people "douchebagging our players" when they criticize them, mind you.



No, I never wrote off SGA. I said he was already a solid NBA starter by the end of his rookie season, before we traded him. If you're going to harass me every time I post on our board, please stop lying about what I say.



As for trading for PG I didn't know his character flaws nor of any of the character flaws of the others that brought us down. We lost because of lack of heart, and of character. And I said that the OFF-SEASON is the entirely right time to d-bag your roster. And I am. But during the season, I'm all-in. Especially during the playoffs, when you HAVE to play the hand you're dealt.

It's what real fans do.


MartinToVaught wrote:I didn't watch a minute of the Finals and don't regret it one bit. Next season is going to be insufferable. This joke of a franchise really let VDN and Doc waste an entire decade and now the next coach is going to be just as bad. :noway:

This fanbase deserves better.



By contrast, YOU d-bagged your own team from Day One of the season and even during the playoffs except when they were playing well--in a nauseating display of frontrunning.

But they turned out to be a bunch of gutless pukes. LOL, as a "fan," YOU got just the team you deserved. :rofl2:


Image

You gave Shai **** all year bro.

Come on.



Nah, I was down on Jerome. I was fine with Shai, even starting him, especially when the Avery-Pat tandem turned out to be such a disaster. I was also good when Doc cut Shai's minutes when he struggled in February--which frankly I think helped his development. Doc did not let him get away with playing sloppy ball and rewarded him when he played right.

What I did say was that I didn't think he'd become an all-Star PG--although they're solid numbers, I saw him topping out at maybe 14 ppg and 5-6 assists. And that may still turn out to be correct--he reached the next level at OKC as a SG, playing beside one of the best PGs in history.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
DieHardFan
Junior
Posts: 329
And1: 224
Joined: Jul 14, 2015
Location: Istanbul
     

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#50 » by DieHardFan » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:07 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Kelphus wrote:Am NOT watching the game, but I see from ESPN the fLakers are about to wrap up another Larry.

No schadenfreude today boys. Just crow to eat.. lots of it.

I am fine with Doc being replaced at this point, he had all that talent and they just were mediocre at the end. I don't think Doc is a bad coach, but when you've had that roster and you ONCE AGAIN don't get to the WCF, a head must roll...

However, there are many on this board who will be lost without Doc to froth about.

As has been the case for the past 23 years, 21 of which were as a ticket holder, I say "just wait til next year".

Sigh.




We'd have been swept by the Lakers anyway. Bron is clearly more dominant than Kawhi, PG is not in AD's league and our role players were complete garbage except for Zubac, whose 9 ppg and 7 rebs were hardly going to move the meter anyway.

Hard to find anyone even worth keeping. Trezz turned into a basket case, Lou let us down at the tittybar and Pat Bev turned out to be a punk. And then we quit in Game 7.

I can take anything but gutlessness. We had a little something going in 2018-19 with a team with character and an identity but this was a failure of heart. When you ain't got heart, there's nothing to build on. We got greedy with the starf***ing and threw it all away.


Ths s just 100% wrong. It's so disgusting to see you keep going on putting everything on the players and taking Doc out of the spotlights. I can't take it anymore.

Yes Trezz was bad, Lou was wrong with the club thing and Pat bev was a punk. Saying this doesn't make it dissappear that Doc wasn't involve any of the shortcomings the players&team has. His involvement was the main reason before all that.

There is 2 major reasons we sucked that related to coaching. I say it again 2 major reason... related the coaching. If that 2 reasons were in place, we might not eliminate the lakers but at least we would advance to the WCF to match them without getting swept.

1st - You do make sure who is the guy in the clinching hour and who are the supporting cast to follow and help. The GamePlan

Kawhi was that guy. But we keep saw PG-Harrell-Lou iso(me first) plays down the road in the clinching hours of game 5-6-7 instead of a gameplan. We played without Freaking gameplan. Seeing tham standing in the way or on the corner without any movement was frustrating, simply bad basketball.

2nd - You do make sure to stop other team, adjust to whatever rotation necessary and do not let your opponent to exploit you.

How many times we saw we get exploited in the clincing hours? Jamal Crawford-Jj Reddick-Austin Rivers-Chris Paul on the floor? Lou-Harrell-Reggie-Shamet? Guys like Brewer-Josh Smith- Gary Harris become saviours thanks to Doc.

Without those 2, you can't even judge the players performance correctly. This starts in here. The healthy-Chemistry comes after that. and The Talent is latest, the ceiling.

I remember when Kawhi sad in the press conference after the game 7 "we need better basketball IQ" that was the final step for this fraud we called "coach" involves with the Clippers. It's a clear subtle that the lack of IQ wasn't a reason because of players stops execute and instead playing whatever they wanted, the opoosite It states the lack of gameplan-Hierarchy-authority.

Now we are free and watch out. Even your darling Trezz will play better If we do end up extending him in the summer.

Coaching Matters
Coaching Matters
Coaching freaking Matters
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,186
And1: 1,223
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#51 » by esqtvd » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:15 pm

DieHardFan wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Kelphus wrote:Am NOT watching the game, but I see from ESPN the fLakers are about to wrap up another Larry.

No schadenfreude today boys. Just crow to eat.. lots of it.

I am fine with Doc being replaced at this point, he had all that talent and they just were mediocre at the end. I don't think Doc is a bad coach, but when you've had that roster and you ONCE AGAIN don't get to the WCF, a head must roll...

However, there are many on this board who will be lost without Doc to froth about.

As has been the case for the past 23 years, 21 of which were as a ticket holder, I say "just wait til next year".

Sigh.




We'd have been swept by the Lakers anyway. Bron is clearly more dominant than Kawhi, PG is not in AD's league and our role players were complete garbage except for Zubac, whose 9 ppg and 7 rebs were hardly going to move the meter anyway.

Hard to find anyone even worth keeping. Trezz turned into a basket case, Lou let us down at the tittybar and Pat Bev turned out to be a punk. And then we quit in Game 7.

I can take anything but gutlessness. We had a little something going in 2018-19 with a team with character and an identity but this was a failure of heart. When you ain't got heart, there's nothing to build on. We got greedy with the starf***ing and threw it all away.


Ths s just 100% wrong. It's so disgusting to see you keep going on putting everything on the players and taking Doc out of the spotlights. I can't take it anymore.



You'll get over it. :lol:

Doc is gone. If you think that'll fix what's wrong, you're entitled to your opinion. We shall see. I think the problems are MUCH deeper. Frankly, I've never been as disgusted with a Clippers team as I am with this one. Not in all the Sterling wilderness years, not with Lob City.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Sophomore
Posts: 213
And1: 93
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#52 » by NickP » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:09 am

esqtvd wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:
esqtvd wrote:


We'd have been swept by the Lakers anyway. Bron is clearly more dominant than Kawhi, PG is not in AD's league and our role players were complete garbage except for Zubac, whose 9 ppg and 7 rebs were hardly going to move the meter anyway.

Hard to find anyone even worth keeping. Trezz turned into a basket case, Lou let us down at the tittybar and Pat Bev turned out to be a punk. And then we quit in Game 7.

I can take anything but gutlessness. We had a little something going in 2018-19 with a team with character and an identity but this was a failure of heart. When you ain't got heart, there's nothing to build on. We got greedy with the starf***ing and threw it all away.


Ths s just 100% wrong. It's so disgusting to see you keep going on putting everything on the players and taking Doc out of the spotlights. I can't take it anymore.



You'll get over it. :lol:

Doc is gone. If you think that'll fix what's wrong, you're entitled to your opinion. We shall see. I think the problems are MUCH deeper. Frankly, I've never been as disgusted with a Clippers team as I am with this one. Not in all the Sterling wilderness years, not with Lob City.

Have you been watching the playoffs bro? Spo should be required homework for you. Even Vogel made tons of adjustments.
Doc the stubborn mule refused to make any. Saying the players didn't make shots is scapegoating Doc. It is exactly when the players don't make shots or are getting eaten alive on defense is the time for a coach to step in and make adjustments. Sometimes they are in game and sometimes for the next game.
Doc's luck ran out when Kawhi and PG stopped making shots. Doc couldn't effectively use Morris, Green or even Noah effectively.
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,186
And1: 1,223
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#53 » by esqtvd » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:04 am

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:
Ths s just 100% wrong. It's so disgusting to see you keep going on putting everything on the players and taking Doc out of the spotlights. I can't take it anymore.



You'll get over it. :lol:

Doc is gone. If you think that'll fix what's wrong, you're entitled to your opinion. We shall see. I think the problems are MUCH deeper. Frankly, I've never been as disgusted with a Clippers team as I am with this one. Not in all the Sterling wilderness years, not with Lob City.

Have you been watching the playoffs bro? Spo should be required homework for you. Even Vogel made tons of adjustments.
Doc the stubborn mule refused to make any. Saying the players didn't make shots is scapegoating Doc. It is exactly when the players don't make shots or are getting eaten alive on defense is the time for a coach to step in and make adjustments. Sometimes they are in game and sometimes for the next game.
Doc's luck ran out when Kawhi and PG stopped making shots. Doc couldn't effectively use Morris, Green or even Noah effectively.



I hear you just fine, Nick. Same points said on this board close to 1000 times now since we quit like dogs in Game 7. I don't think you're hearing me.

Asked and answered

Doc is gone. If you think that'll fix what's wrong, you're entitled to your opinion. We shall see. I think the problems are MUCH deeper. Frankly, I've never been as disgusted with a Clippers team as I am with this one. Not in all the Sterling wilderness years, not with Lob City.


Even if we had gotten through Denver--and if Kawhi and PG had just hit their shots we would have--the Lakers would still have beaten the living shite out of us. Our team was ill-constructed off the court and gutless on the court. Kawhi was still very good but even though he's not as weird as he seems, he's still weird, and not a leader. Zubac played well but 9 ppg and 7 rpg was not going to be a difference-maker to win the Larry.

The rest were complete garbage and they let each other down even more than they let us fans down. Please don't amplify the BS that I'm minimizing Doc's tactical failures in the Denver series. Doc's gone. And for the 10th time now, I agree with the firing.


I think y'all are minimizing the players' failures--on the floor and off the floor--and the organization's failures too. I'm quite serious that I--an admitted superfan kool-aid drinker--am more disgusted by this year's team than at any time since I became a Clippers fan when they moved here in 1984.

Add in the political stuff as well as the hypocrisy about China and my fandom is in serious jeopardy here. Now that it's the off-season as I said before, EVERYTHING IS ON THE TABLE.

Give ME--the biggest Pollyanna on this board--a reason to believe, bro.

I think the problems are MUCH deeper. Frankly, I've never been as disgusted with a Clippers team as I am with this one. Not in all the Sterling wilderness years, not with Lob City.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Sophomore
Posts: 213
And1: 93
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#54 » by NickP » Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:22 am

esqtvd wrote:
NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
You'll get over it. :lol:

Doc is gone. If you think that'll fix what's wrong, you're entitled to your opinion. We shall see. I think the problems are MUCH deeper. Frankly, I've never been as disgusted with a Clippers team as I am with this one. Not in all the Sterling wilderness years, not with Lob City.

Have you been watching the playoffs bro? Spo should be required homework for you. Even Vogel made tons of adjustments.
Doc the stubborn mule refused to make any. Saying the players didn't make shots is scapegoating Doc. It is exactly when the players don't make shots or are getting eaten alive on defense is the time for a coach to step in and make adjustments. Sometimes they are in game and sometimes for the next game.
Doc's luck ran out when Kawhi and PG stopped making shots. Doc couldn't effectively use Morris, Green or even Noah effectively.



I hear you just fine, Nick. Same points said on this board close to 1000 times now since we quit like dogs in Game 7. I don't think you're hearing me.

Asked and answered

Doc is gone. If you think that'll fix what's wrong, you're entitled to your opinion. We shall see. I think the problems are MUCH deeper. Frankly, I've never been as disgusted with a Clippers team as I am with this one. Not in all the Sterling wilderness years, not with Lob City.


Even if we had gotten through Denver--and if Kawhi and PG had just hit their shots we would have--the Lakers would still have beaten the living shite out of us. Our team was ill-constructed off the court and gutless on the court. Kawhi was still very good but even though he's not as weird as he seems, he's still weird, and not a leader. Zubac played well but 9 ppg and 7 rpg was not going to be a difference-maker to win the Larry.

The rest were complete garbage and they let each other down even more than they let us fans down. Please don't amplify the BS that I'm minimizing Doc's tactical failures in the Denver series. Doc's gone. And for the 10th time now, I agree with the firing.


I think y'all are minimizing the players' failures--on the floor and off the floor--and the organization's failures too. I'm quite serious that I--an admitted superfan kool-aid drinker--am more disgusted by this year's team than at any time since I became a Clippers fan when they moved here in 1984.

Add in the political stuff as well as the hypocrisy about China and my fandom is in serious jeopardy here. Now that it's the off-season as I said before, EVERYTHING IS ON THE TABLE.

Give ME--the biggest Pollyanna on this board--a reason to believe, bro.

I think the problems are MUCH deeper. Frankly, I've never been as disgusted with a Clippers team as I am with this one. Not in all the Sterling wilderness years, not with Lob City.

Ok. I'll play. Why did the team quit in game 7? Why not just quit and get swept? Why did they not quit vs the Mavs?
Are you saying a 2 time champion in Kawhi just quit? And he took the entire team with him?
Why are you so focused on game 7? Didn't you see a pattern developing from game 5 onwards?
Since you put so much emphasis on the team quitting, why game 7? Why drag that long? Just fold tent against Dallas in 4 and go home no?
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 22,131
And1: 6,653
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#55 » by TheNewEra » Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:46 pm

This topic went completely off the rails
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,450
And1: 13,900
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: OT - Watching the neighbors 

Post#56 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Oct 14, 2020 2:06 pm

Just LOL at esqtvd pretending he's disgusted by the team's performance, not by the fact that they rightfully fired his favorite coach.
Image

Return to Los Angeles Clippers