ImageImageImageImageImage

Buck's Boycott

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#101 » by mttwlsn16 » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:13 am

LeBron is a tool and an absolute phony. I used to like him when he was young, and when he and the Cavs came back vs GS in the finals.
He's cringe worthy the past few years though. Easily my most disliked athlete in all of sports. Total douche.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#102 » by NippySudz » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:31 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

So people can re-elect the same people who CREATED the very conditions they're protesting. It's a suicide pact.

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

In your opinion, who should we vote for? Trump? Drain the swamp?

I'm talking about city governments who are responsible for all this. That incompetent witch in Chicago was elected with 73% of the vote and so will the next clown. And the blood flows deeper and deeper in the streets.

Presidents have nothing to do with it. As Jason Whitlock pointed out, the president when Michael Brown [and Eric Garner] was killed was Barack Obama.

A day after LeBron James declared that black people live in daily fear of police violence and that black men are targeted for death by police, his disciples backed him up en masse.

James is the Al Sharpton of sports, an agent of chaos working closely with politicians who use racial division to rally voter support. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and black ministers can no longer deliver black voters to polling booths. The task has now been handed to James, Colin Kaepernick and black athletes. It’s their job to inflame the emotions of black people and get us to vote for Joe Biden like our lives depended on it.

As you know, I don’t vote. I reject the pervasive dishonesty in politics. As it relates to BLM, the man or woman sitting in the White House has absolutely nothing to do with how police engage with a resisting suspect. President Barack Obama was in office when Michael Brown tussled with officer Darren Wilson.

The politicization of Jacob Blake is a byproduct of political dishonesty. The prevailing sentiment propagandized by BLM that police are intentionally targeting black men is a political ploy.

https://www.outkick.com/career-politicians-who-created-systemic-unfairness-are-playing-lebron-and-his-disciples-for-suckers/

I asked your opinion. Whitlock doesn't vote. So I'm asking for a solution, one that includes the presidency. I'll leave the local govts out of this since you and I most likely live in diff states.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 895

Post#103 » by NickP » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:23 am

NippySudz wrote:
NickP wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Good to know you have a friend that speaks on everything relating to african-american relations. :lol:

Um you got me dude. He's not my friend. He's my brother in law. But I'll sure ask him why he or many of his and my black friends dare to think differently?

Yes it'll be a good idea to get back to basketball yeah?
:)

Nice to know you have a brother-in-law that speaks on everything relating to african-american relations :lol:

I'm glad he speaks for the entire african-american experience.

Can you ask your brother in law, what solutions does he have for african-americans that might feel disfranchised or discriminated against here in america? What organizations does he recommend african-americans join to help find solutions?

Thanks.

Now you're simply being a tool. First you deride me for saying I have a black friend and I didn't want to go there in the first place because yeah it's cliche. Then you're calling out a relative of mine who happens to think differently than you and this got your panties in a bunch?
Grow up man. My BIL has a point of view. His differs from you. He's not asking you to withdraw your support from BLM. He's not asking you to vote for a certain candidate. He has opinions like you have yours.
But since you asked? He thinks there should be a clean up of all politicians like Maxine Waters who live in multi million dollar mansions but totally neglect their communities. Inner cities have elected black leaders for the last 50 some years and while these leaders have gotten rich the communities have stayed where they are.
Cities like Chicago and Baltimore are decaying right before our own eyes. Who's responsible for that?
He thinks you should join BLM if you think they're about achieving true equality. That's your choice. He simply chooses not to support BLM and that's his choice. You make yours.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#104 » by NippySudz » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:33 am

NickP wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
NickP wrote:
Um you got me dude. He's not my friend. He's my brother in law. But I'll sure ask him why he or many of his and my black friends dare to think differently?

Yes it'll be a good idea to get back to basketball yeah?
:)

Nice to know you have a brother-in-law that speaks on everything relating to african-american relations :lol:

Can you ask your brother in law, what solutions does he have for african-americans that might feel disfranchised or discriminated against here in america? What organizations does he recommend african-americans join to help find solutions?

Thanks.

Now you're simply being a tool. First you deride me for saying I have a black friend and I didn't want to go there in the first place because yeah it's cliche. Then you're calling out a relative of mine who happens to think differently than you and this got your panties in a bunch?
Grow up man. My BIL has a point of view. His differs from you. He's not asking you to withdraw your support from BLM. He's not asking you to vote for a certain candidate. He has opinions like you have yours.
But since you asked? He thinks there should be a clean up of all politicians like Maxine Waters who live in multi million dollar mansions but totally neglect their communities. Inner cities have elected black leaders for the last 50 some years and while these leaders have gotten rich the communities have stayed where they are.
Cities like Chicago and Baltimore are decaying right before our own eyes. Who's responsible for that?
He thinks you should join BLM if you think they're about achieving true equality. That's your choice. He simply chooses not to support BLM and that's his choice. You make yours.

I mean, pointing out you have a black friend or relative is not relavant to the point you're making. You could have just made it without referencing him at all. You only did it because you felt like it gave you more cache to talk on the subject matter. It doesn't. No more, no less.

I'm asking what he thinks african americans should do and what organizations does he think they should join? I was talking about specifically to the issues the players are protesting against which is racism/police brutality. We can talk about maxine waters and corrupt politicians. I'm asking you what does he feel like african-americans who feel disenfranchised and treated unequally should do and what organizations should they join to fight racism? Should they fight it at all?

Talking about inner cities and black politicians about racism/police brutality is a red herring. I'm asking you to address the racism african-americans may be facing with solutions. My bad, I'm asking you to ask your brother in law. D'oh!
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#105 » by esqtvd » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:45 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:In your opinion, who should we vote for? Trump? Drain the swamp?

I'm talking about city governments who are responsible for all this. That incompetent witch in Chicago was elected with 73% of the vote and so will the next clown. And the blood flows deeper and deeper in the streets.

Presidents have nothing to do with it. As Jason Whitlock pointed out, the president when Michael Brown [and Eric Garner] was killed was Barack Obama.

A day after LeBron James declared that black people live in daily fear of police violence and that black men are targeted for death by police, his disciples backed him up en masse.

James is the Al Sharpton of sports, an agent of chaos working closely with politicians who use racial division to rally voter support. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and black ministers can no longer deliver black voters to polling booths. The task has now been handed to James, Colin Kaepernick and black athletes. It’s their job to inflame the emotions of black people and get us to vote for Joe Biden like our lives depended on it.

As you know, I don’t vote. I reject the pervasive dishonesty in politics. As it relates to BLM, the man or woman sitting in the White House has absolutely nothing to do with how police engage with a resisting suspect. President Barack Obama was in office when Michael Brown tussled with officer Darren Wilson.

The politicization of Jacob Blake is a byproduct of political dishonesty. The prevailing sentiment propagandized by BLM that police are intentionally targeting black men is a political ploy.

https://www.outkick.com/career-politicians-who-created-systemic-unfairness-are-playing-lebron-and-his-disciples-for-suckers/

I asked your opinion. Whitlock doesn't vote. So I'm asking for a solution, one that includes the presidency. I'll leave the local govts out of this since you and I most likely live in diff states.

I reject the premise. I believe this is largely a problem of our cities and our cities are controlled by one party. I don't believe these problems can be solved in Washington DC. If Barack Obama didn't or couldn't do it, I don't expect anyone else can either. I agree with Whitlock and really don't want to go anywhere near President Trump and the vitriol that accompanies even the slightest mention of him.

George Floyd's death has been hijacked for things that have nothing to do with black people. That is all I have to say about this.

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#106 » by NippySudz » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:46 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I reject the premise.

Alright. Onto clipper basketball then! :D

After I hear from nickp, hopefully I can share his wonderful insight with others once he tells me the solutions.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#107 » by esqtvd » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:38 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:I asked your opinion. Whitlock doesn't vote. So I'm asking for a solution, one that includes the presidency. I'll leave the local govts out of this since you and I most likely live in diff states.

I reject the premise.

After I hear from nickp, hopefully I can share his wonderful insight with others once he tells me the solutions.

He already told you the problem. Solution unlikely.

California's 43rd Congressional District election, 2018
General election for U.S. House California District 43

✔ Maxine Waters (D) 77.7% 152,272

Omar Navarro (R) 22.3% 43,780

Total votes: 196,052
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#108 » by NippySudz » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:39 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I reject the premise.

The solution to racism is ousting maxine waters??
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#109 » by esqtvd » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:27 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:

YOU say the problem is racism. He says the problem is gross incompetence, dereliction of duty, and corruption in the ruling establishment. And the same corrupt political machine is elected and re-elected over and over again, decade after decade, while the people suffer and the cities crumble.

Grow up man. My BIL has a point of view.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#110 » by NippySudz » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:46 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

YOU say the problem is racism. He says the problem is gross incompetence, dereliction of duty, and corruption in the ruling establishment. And the same corrupt political machine is elected and re-elected over and over again, decade after decade, while the people suffer and the cities crumble.

I never said that. I said that's what many african africans bring up and have contention with. Just because I bring up the issue of racism doesn't mean I directly said that's the problem. I asked solutions for what many african-americans ask or come into confrontation with. That's racism and racial discimination

Sounds like a redherring to the question that was posed and to the concerns of many african-americans when it comes to discrimination which many feel they face but we can agree to disagree here. I said my piece. I'll let nickP have the last word if he wants.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 895

Post#111 » by NickP » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:10 am

NippySudz wrote:
NickP wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Nice to know you have a brother-in-law that speaks on everything relating to african-american relations :lol:

Thanks.

I mean, pointing out you have a black friend or relative is not relavant to the point you're making. You could have just made it without referencing him at all. You only did it because you felt like it gave you more cache to talk on the subject matter. It doesn't. No more, no less.

I'm asking what he thinks african americans should do and what organizations does he think they should join? I was talking about specifically to the issues the players are protesting against which is racism/police brutality. We can talk about maxine waters and corrupt politicians. I'm asking you what does he feel like african-americans who feel disenfranchised and treated unequally should do and what organizations should they join to fight racism? Should they fight it at all?

Talking about inner cities and black politicians about racism/police brutality is a red herring. I'm asking you to address the racism african-americans may be facing with solutions. My bad, I'm asking you to ask your brother in law. D'oh!

Dude you need to keep things in context. I brought up my friend only because Kelphus asked me if I had ever known a black person that I had talked to about these issues.
And ever since, you're trying to be "humorous". I've got nothing more to add to this.
Let's get on to basketball shall we?
Go Clippers!!
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#112 » by esqtvd » Sat Aug 29, 2020 6:00 am

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:The solution to racism is ousting maxine waters??

I never said that. I said that's what many african africans bring up and have contention with. Just because I bring up the issue of racism doesn't mean I directly said that's the problem. I asked solutions for what many african-americans ask or come into confrontation with. That's racism and racial discimination

Sounds like a redherring to the question that was posed and to the concerns of many african-americans when it comes to discrimination which many feel they face but we can agree to disagree here. I said my piece. I'll let nickP have the last word if he wants.

The red herring is "racism." The red herring is that Black America's biggest problem is white people. The red herring is that voting Democrat is the cure. More and more black folks are rejecting this, like NickP's brother-in-law. And now they are feeling used, like like helping the white liberals elect Joe Biden is going to do anything.

And if BLM is the cure, it's worse than the disease. It builds nothing and makes people angry and crazy.

Secoriea Turner. 8 years old. Nobody says HER name. She's not a red herring.

Secoriea Turner was shot and killed July 4 while sitting in a car with her mother and an unidentified male while they attempted to turn around in a parking lot that had an illegal barricade. The parking lot was across the street from the Wendy’s where Rayshard Brooks was killed.

And it wasn't just Secoriea. See for yourself.

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#113 » by NippySudz » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:23 pm

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

The red herring is "racism." The red herring is that Black America's biggest problem is white people. The red herring is that voting Democrat is the cure. More and more black folks are rejecting this, like NickP's brother-in-law. And now they are feeling used, like like helping the white liberals elect Joe Biden is going to do anything.

And if BLM is the cure, it's worse than the disease. It builds nothing and makes people angry and crazy.

Secoriea Turner. 8 years old. Nobody says HER name. She's not a red herring.

Secoriea Turner was shot and killed July 4 while sitting in a car with her mother and an unidentified male while they attempted to turn around in a parking lot that had an illegal barricade. The parking lot was across the street from the Wendy’s where Rayshard Brooks was killed.

And it wasn't just Secoriea. See for yourself.

Redherring. But we can leave it here.

Go clippers!

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#114 » by esqtvd » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:27 pm

Until they say her name, their speeches and slogans are meaningless.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#115 » by Quake Griffin » Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:10 pm

I'm black.
Been black my whole life. :D

BLM sucks. They're a self-admitted marxist organization that is going to do very little to help the black community. Not one black kid put through college. Not one black business funded in the inner city (or anywhere). Not one police department have they connected with to discuss tactics and help grow for the better. Do they even have stats of police shootings available or an educational arm where we can track the progress so they can demonstrate whether progress is happening with police shootings? So they can actually communicate some goals or targets (ex. in 2019 this many shootings happened....in 2020 this many happened)? Why wouldn't they be all over this kind of stuff?

I will stand with anybody saying black lives matter (lower cased and non-affiliated with Patrisse Cullors and her commie group) but I will not stand with that group.

Whitlock is spot on.
The boycott is a joke. You're in the middle of a pandemic. We've had our jobs, public meeting spaces, and our favorite leisure activities stripped away from us while the losers burning our cities to the ground have been told their behavior is just fine because they happen to be wearing a mask (just lol).

The NBA players thought the best thing to do in this scenario was to take away something that made their fans feel normal again? The plan was to hold the fans and owners hostage until the owners agreed to do something? How many young black men have the owners killed? Wait...and they did this for a guy charged with 3rd Degree Sex Assault? Who was there stirring up **** with the same victim? He wouldn't obey?

LOL...I practice in Wisconsin. Part of my practice is criminal defense. I've watched 1,000 squad videos in my time as an attorney here. LOL at dying on the Jacob Blake hill. I'd be annoyed but it would make WAY more sense to die on the George Floyd hill.

P.S. Breonna Taylor wasn't asleep when she was killed. She was standing next to her bf who shot at the police and hit one in the leg. He told authorities he shot first. Funny how he didn't get hit by any bullets from the police.
So much systemic racism.

BRB gonna call off work because of it.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
lautreamont
Junior
And1: 248

Post#116 » by lautreamont » Mon Sep 7, 2020 11:22 pm

mttwlsn16 wrote:LeBron is a tool and an absolute phony. I used to like him when he was young, and when he and the Cavs came back vs GS in the finals.
He's cringe worthy the past few years though. Easily my most disliked athlete in all of sports. Total douche.

We all know you say this because he's not on the team you root for. If he was a member of your favorite team you would be posting about how great he is, and that's a FACT.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#117 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Sep 7, 2020 11:39 pm

lautreamont wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:LeBron is a tool and an absolute phony. I used to like him when he was young, and when he and the Cavs came back vs GS in the finals.

We all know you say this because he's not on the team you root for. If he was a member of your favorite team you would be posting about how great he is, and that's a FACT.
He's a great player. Top 3 in the game right now and top 5 ever. He's also the most unlikable athlete in sports. F him.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#118 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:01 am

lautreamont wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:LeBron is a tool and an absolute phony. Total douche.

We all know you say this because he's not on the team you root for.

As it turns out, both these statements are true. :-)
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#119 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:57 am

Nah.

LeBron is my GOAT and I've had my pom poms out for that guy forever. He is/ was my favorite athlete ever. It is incredibly difficult to deal with his garbage right now and I'd be really peeved to have to cheer him through a playoff run with this garbage.

Thank God Kawhi isn't doing much beyond wearing BLM shirts etc. etc. It would be very annoying if he was out front like LeBron is.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers