ImageImageImageImageImage

Buck's Boycott

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,137
And1: 1,217
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#61 » by esqtvd » Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:58 pm

NickP wrote:
You're taking Jason's column the wrong way. He doesn't say LeBron doesn't face racism. But in context, what he's saying is the affluent lifestyle and where he lives makes it impossible for him to face what a black man elsewhere would.

LeBron is more concerned about growing his wealth. Why else would he call Darryl Morey "uneducated" when Morey took that stance against China?

When was the last time LeBron told Nike to bring their factories back in the USA because China has slave labor at less than $10 a week?



Exactly. LeBron's attack on Daryl Morey--defending the oppressive Communist China regime--disqualified him as a social prophet. And the NBA, too. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

Bron's been a pop culture god since he was 13, is worth a half a billion dollars, and is an all-time legend in his field like Elvis or something. The worst race discrimination he's ever experienced is some kids spray-painting the n-word on the garage door of his mansion, and once being overcharged for his DVD of Roots: The Next Generations.

Now, I think Bron genuinely wants to be a social leader and a prophet. MLK, Mandela. Moses, Jesus. I mean, what challenges are left, what worlds to conquer? And what 13-year-old didn't think he had a messianic destiny?


Look, the Bubble isn't real. The world of pro sports isn't real. Social media isn't real. What appears in the papers isn't real. ESPN isn't real. These guys live in a completely plastic world. They can't even tell if their friends and girlfriends are real, or just using them. It's amazing they can function at all. For the rest of us to look to them for moral or intellectual guidance is a big mistake.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Kelphus
Sophomore
Posts: 105
And1: 75
Joined: Feb 25, 2014
   

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#62 » by Kelphus » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:11 pm

NickP wrote:
Kelphus wrote:Unless you've had to worry about being pulled over by police;
Unless you've had to teach your son if you get pulled over don't move your hands, keep them on the wheel;
If you've never had police pull guns on you from the getgo;
Unless you have never had law enforcement eye you suspiciously;
Unless you've ever been afraid of the law enforcement which is supposed to be protecting you;

How dare anyone say we are "BLM'ed out"

A guy was shot in the freaking back seven times in front of his kids. And no weapon. And not a felon or other dangerous person.

But apparently he was presumed to be dangerous because of his skin color.

Until you really understand what it's like, shut up. Go talk to a Black friend and ask some questions. You might learn something.
You might get very upset to realize what you've not been understanding, what you've been oblivious to your whole white middle class life.

Black Lives Matter.


Easy there. Let's no go daring anyone about anything. Again what happened in Kenosha is tragic. Those kids did not have to see this.
And do not tell me to shut up. Not a felon? Have you even bothered to read the facts or you are simply going to repeat social media? Do you know why the cops were there to begin with? Do you know the victim had a record and an outstanding arrest warrant? Do you know they found a knife in his car?
I'm going to say this again. What happened was tragic. But do not tell me to shut up. I know when a shooting is racially motivated and when it's not.
Black Life Matters.


First, his name is Jacob Blake. He is not a felon. He had a felony charge pending, but was not a felon.
Second, the fact he had an outstanding warrant does not justify seven shots in the back.
Third, the knife was found later, it was not in his hands.
Fourth - SEVEN SHOTS? In the back? With children a few feet away?

I say again, until you take the time to talk to someone who has to live afraid of the police, you have no right to criticize Black Lives Matter. So yeah, go listen before you yap.

And distorting the saying to "Black LIfe Matters" is disrespectful.

Black Lives Matter - every one of them. And until people of all colors can drive at night without fear of the police, or not worry about getting shot if they disobey a cop, then we all have a major problem.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Kelphus
Sophomore
Posts: 105
And1: 75
Joined: Feb 25, 2014
   

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#63 » by Kelphus » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:15 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Kelphus wrote:Unless you've had to worry about being pulled over by police;
Unless you've had to teach your son if you get pulled over don't move your hands, keep them on the wheel;
If you've never had police pull guns on you from the getgo;
Unless you have never had law enforcement eye you suspiciously;
Unless you've ever been afraid of the law enforcement which is supposed to be protecting you;

How dare anyone say we are "BLM'ed out"

A guy was shot in the freaking back seven times in front of his kids. And no weapon. And not a felon or other dangerous person.

But apparently he was presumed to be dangerous because of his skin color.

Until you really understand what it's like, shut up. Go talk to a Black friend and ask some questions. You might learn something.
You might get very upset to realize what you've not been understanding, what you've been oblivious to your whole white middle class life.

Black Lives Matter.



There WAS a weapon. He WAS a felon, with outstanding warrants. He WAS dangerous in that he had ALREADY resisted arrest and was continuing to. And there is ZERO indication race was a factor.

This was the wrong hill to make a stand on. And keeping both hands on the wheel is a good idea for everybody. Is America BLM-ed out? We shall see. BLM ≠ black lives matter. It is a hyperpartisan political movement with a much bigger agenda than black lives.

A lot of people are hating on Jason Whitlock, but his voice matters too. Truth knows no color.

https://www.outkick.com/career-politicians-who-created-systemic-unfairness-are-playing-lebron-and-his-disciples-for-suckers/


Tom, you're a friend, but I have to call BS on you. Jacob was not a convicted felon, if you check Wisconsin news reports you can confirm that he had a felony charge pending. He had been arrested before. The weapon was a knife, and it was not in his hands nor was he reaching for it. Reports indicate he disclosed that it was in the car. He wasn't dangerous. There were multiple police around - the children should have been the primary factor for conservative behavior, but their safety was clearly ignored. The factor was a man failing to follow instructions - a mortal sin apparently if you are black. Seven shots, in the back, at point blank range, within six feet of several small kids? Come on buddy, there is NO defending this situation.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,137
And1: 1,217
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#64 » by esqtvd » Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:59 pm

Kelphus wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Kelphus wrote:Unless you've had to worry about being pulled over by police;
Unless you've had to teach your son if you get pulled over don't move your hands, keep them on the wheel;
If you've never had police pull guns on you from the getgo;
Unless you have never had law enforcement eye you suspiciously;
Unless you've ever been afraid of the law enforcement which is supposed to be protecting you;

How dare anyone say we are "BLM'ed out"

A guy was shot in the freaking back seven times in front of his kids. And no weapon. And not a felon or other dangerous person.

But apparently he was presumed to be dangerous because of his skin color.

Until you really understand what it's like, shut up. Go talk to a Black friend and ask some questions. You might learn something.
You might get very upset to realize what you've not been understanding, what you've been oblivious to your whole white middle class life.

Black Lives Matter.



There WAS a weapon. He WAS a felon, with outstanding warrants. He WAS dangerous in that he had ALREADY resisted arrest and was continuing to. And there is ZERO indication race was a factor.

This was the wrong hill to make a stand on. And keeping both hands on the wheel is a good idea for everybody. Is America BLM-ed out? We shall see. BLM ≠ black lives matter. It is a hyperpartisan political movement with a much bigger agenda than black lives.

A lot of people are hating on Jason Whitlock, but his voice matters too. Truth knows no color.

https://www.outkick.com/career-politicians-who-created-systemic-unfairness-are-playing-lebron-and-his-disciples-for-suckers/


Tom, you're a friend, but I have to call BS on you. Jacob was not a convicted felon, if you check Wisconsin news reports you can confirm that he had a felony charge pending. He had been arrested before. The weapon was a knife, and it was not in his hands nor was he reaching for it. Reports indicate he disclosed that it was in the car. He wasn't dangerous. There were multiple police around - the children should have been the primary factor for conservative behavior, but their safety was clearly ignored. The factor was a man failing to follow instructions - a mortal sin apparently if you are black. Seven shots, in the back, at point blank range, within six feet of several small kids? Come on buddy, there is NO defending this situation.



The seven shots is questionable. I wait for that to be litigated.

But there is ZERO evidence race was a factor here. We could and should probably start with that. If race was not a factor, this is all moot. I would probably move for summary judgment here.


That he was previously arrested but apparently not convicted may be a technicality that is not relevant--did the cop see the arrest record which indicates previous felonious and highly dangerous behavior?

https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/aug/26/what-we-know-about-jacob-blake-shooting-kenosha-wi/

Code: Select all

In September 2015, police arrested Blake after he pulled a gun at a bar in neighboring Racine. He was charged with one felony count of resisting arrest and "one misdemeanor count each of carrying a concealed weapon, carrying a firearm while intoxicated, endangering safety-use of a dangerous weapon, and disorderly conduct," according to the Eye.



Did he resist arrest? It is alleged, and the video I previously posted suggests so.

    Bystander video shows Blake scuffling with the officers on the passenger side of a gray SUV.
https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/08/26/jacob-blake-shooting-second-video-family-attorney-newday-vpx.cnn



Even without knowing for sure either way, should we so quickly condemn the cop? We do know Blake continued to attempt to get into--or reach into--the car.

EVERY cop has seen this video. VERY similar circumstances. The suspect in both cases was even tased--on both occasions ineffectively.




Cops are human beings too. How much can we reasonably expect them to risk their lives when a suspect who has already fought them--and on whom tasing didn't work--is now lunging into the car? That there turned out to be a knife is immaterial. Did the cop have reasonable cause to fear Blake was lunging for a weapon?

I maintain there is at least enough uncertainty and reasonable doubt here that for the BLM "community" to jump on this as proof of anything was, charitably, premature at best.


AS for Black Lives Matter I insist it ≠ black lives matter. When George Floyd was killed 100% of America--including cops--said it stinks and an injustice was done. But now that has mutated into white boys rioting in Portland. BLM, the movement and the organization, is about a partisan political agenda.

Nobody is going to tell me what to say or think on BLM. I think what Doc did hijacking the Game 5 press conference for his partisan politics stinks. Now I WILL quote Jason Whitlock.

Peace, bro. We ALL get to speak.


    A day after LeBron James declared that black people live in daily fear of police violence and that black men are targeted for death by police, his disciples backed him up en masse.

    James is the Al Sharpton of sports, an agent of chaos working closely with politicians who use racial division to rally voter support. Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson and black ministers can no longer deliver black voters to polling booths. The task has now been handed to James, Colin Kaepernick and black athletes. It’s their job to inflame the emotions of black people and get us to vote for Joe Biden like our lives depended on it.



    As you know, I don’t vote. I reject the pervasive dishonesty in politics. As it relates to BLM, the man or woman sitting in the White House has absolutely nothing to do with how police engage with a resisting suspect. President Barack Obama was in office when Michael Brown tussled with officer Darren Wilson.

    The politicization of Jacob Blake is a byproduct of political dishonesty. The prevailing sentiment propagandized by BLM that police are intentionally targeting black men is a political ploy.

    Jacob Blake, George Floyd, Eric Garner and Rayshard Brooks are not examples of “systemic racism.” If anything, they’re examples of “systemic resisting arrest.”



    The police, even bigoted police, are not nearly as dumb as BLM supporters would have you believe. LeBron James has foolishly suggested that police officers are intentionally hunting, targeting and killing black men. When discussing the actions of Kenosha police, James said:

    “Or maybe he just left the house saying that, ‘Today is going to be the end for one of these black people.’ That’s what it feels like. It just hurts. It hurts.”

    Police are not that stupid. Killing a criminal suspect complicates and jeopardizes the life of the police officer, even if he’s not convicted of a crime. You think Darren Wilson is somewhere happy he was involved in the death of Michael Brown?

    https://www.outkick.com/career-politicians-who-created-systemic-unfairness-are-playing-lebron-and-his-disciples-for-suckers/
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,891
And1: 996
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#65 » by NippySudz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:44 am

Read on Twitter
nickhx2
Head Coach
Posts: 7,249
And1: 3,503
Joined: Feb 13, 2014

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#66 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:50 am

absolutely they are

right?
NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,891
And1: 996
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#67 » by NippySudz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:54 am

nickhx2 wrote:absolutely they are

right?

I love these obfuscation tactics and people trying to make it a singular reason to why the players are protesting. Jacob Blake is the tipping point but he isn't the only reason. Players have voiced their frustrations in the bubble and how they can bring about change. It all came to a crash and that's why they're having the meeting. They aren't having the meeting simply because of jacob blake. It could have been another black person and it still might have came to this point. From what I read, Lebron James was miffed that the bucks did it with no plan in course. He's put pressure on the owners to use their resources to do change. So that's that. LeBron James was actually trying to think it through. Still says hhe supported the bucks which is cool.

A players meeting was arranged for 8 p.m. Wednesday to discuss the next move. Some wanted to leave the bubble to be with family, others wanted to leave to get on the frontlines and support change in the Black community, and others felt there’s no bigger platform than the one afforded in the bubble to get their messages across, sources said.

Miami Heat veteran Udonis Haslem, whose veteran stature gives him cachet among his peers, was one of the more vocal voices in the meeting, sources said.

Some players took issue with Bucks guard George Hill, who was a central figure in persuading the Bucks not to play and who said on Monday that “we shouldn’t have even came to this damn place” while lamenting the Blake shooting.

Haslem — in a clear message to George — stated that it was irresponsible and selfish for an established veteran to suggest that everyone should go home because younger players haven’t accumulated the wealth for such a drastic action, sources said.

LeBron James was one of the many players miffed with the Bucks’ handling of the situation as well, sources said. To him and so many others, it put them in a no-win situation.

His frustration with Hill and the Bucks was because the players didn’t have a plan of action that would warrant players returning to play, sources said. James’ mindset, sources said, was if they’re refusing to play, then what’s the end game and what demands must be met to continue?

https://sports.yahoo.com/inside-the-emotional-48-hours-that-saved-the-nb-as-bubble-050354990.html

meanwhile pat bev was talking down a woman, not cool. Emotions were running high. I hope he apologized.

While she was going over the numbers, Clippers guard Patrick Beverley abruptly interrupted her, saying he disagreed with her logic, sources said. Roberts kindly reiterated that these were potential losses the players would suffer, and Beverley interrupted again.

Roberts asked politely if she could continue with her point, and Beverley responded, “No, I pay your salary,” sources said.

This caused an uproar with Paul, Haslem and others, who intervened and told Beverley that disrespect would not be tolerated, sources said.
Wammy Giveaway
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,440
And1: 499
Joined: Jul 30, 2013
Contact:

The Clippers Smear Campaign 

Post#68 » by Wammy Giveaway » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:02 am

Read on Twitter


There are people who still think the Clippers are losers, and will do everything in their power to ensure they stay in the cellar. I hate how every time the Clippers do something wrong (true or false), those haters respond with "Lakers in 4."
NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,891
And1: 996
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: The Clippers Smear Campaign 

Post#69 » by NippySudz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:08 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
Read on Twitter


There are people who still think the Clippers are losers, and will do everything in their power to ensure they stay in the cellar. I hate how every time the Clippers do something wrong (true or false), those haters respond with "Lakers in 4."

I don't see what wrong with including bev in the report. He spoke out and the clippers and lakers are notable franchises right now. Most of the clippers and lakers left.

I do think people are making what he said too much of a deal. What he did was real douchey but its an emotional time period, **** like that happens. Its a human reaction. People are acting like he crucified jesus. THe twitter mob thing in sports is so **** weird man. I never got it with draymond. I don't get it here.

Pat Bev should absolutely apologize. He was being a jerk, but people who try to make it bigger than that can f--ck right off.
NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,891
And1: 996
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#70 » by NippySudz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:28 am

to the people that said, protesting the bubble had no effect

Read on Twitter


Lets see what happens.
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,137
And1: 1,217
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#71 » by esqtvd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:59 am

Stan, not Jeff. My mistake.

withdrawn
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,891
And1: 996
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#72 » by NippySudz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 9:27 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter


Jeff Van Gundy attacking unnamed nobodies on Twitter? How brave. And Bron DID attack Daryl Morey for standing up for human rights in China.

Twitter is garbage. Social media is garbage. Jeff Van Gundy wants a head coaching job in the NBA. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

This garbage has to be CALLED OUT.

Wrong Van Gundy dude. but if either want a job in the nba, they don't need a conspiracy to arrive there. all they need to do is just shut up. That's all they need to do get a job in the nba. Keep your mouth shut. the same others are doing right now who may disagree.

The Lebron James criticism at the time was fair. However, conflating the two issues together and trying to take away from this protest is a bit disingenuous.

Reminds me of the old Soviet union Whataboutisms I read in history class.
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,137
And1: 1,217
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#73 » by esqtvd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:07 am

Van Gundy attacking unnamed nobodies on Twitter? How brave. And Bron DID attack Daryl Morey for standing up for human rights in China.

Twitter is garbage. Social media is garbage. Stan Van Gundy wants a head coaching job in the NBA. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

This garbage has to be CALLED OUT.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,891
And1: 996
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#74 » by NippySudz » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:13 am

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Jeff Van Gundy attacking unnamed nobodies on Twitter? How brave. And Bron DID attack Daryl Morey for standing up for human rights in China.

Twitter is garbage. Social media is garbage. Jeff Van Gundy wants a head coaching job in the NBA. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

This garbage has to be CALLED OUT.

Wrong Van Gundy dude. but if either want a job in the nba, they don't need a conspiracy to arrive there. all they need to do is just shut up. That's all they need to do get a job in the nba. Keep your mouth shut. the same others are doing right now who may disagree.

The Lebron James criticism at the time was fair. However, conflating the two issues together and trying to take away from this protest is a bit disingenuous.

Reminds me of the old Soviet union Whataboutisms I read in history class.



Ooops STAN Van Gundy. A complete NBA failure. DESTROYED the Pistons as one of the last coach GMs in NBA history. Crippled the Pistons for the next decade trading for Blake Griffin's albatross contract to save his own sorry ass.

Thanks for the correction bro. STAN is NBA dead meat. He will never get near a coaching job again. FOLLOW THE MONEY.


Nothing to do with the Soviet Union. Back THAT off bro. I can't believe you even posted what Stan thinks. We were having a serious conversation here. What some unnamed jerkofffs on Twitter are saying is worth less than nothing.

LeBron attacked Daryl Morey, defending the Chinese communist regime. That was bullshitt and so is the NBA for hanging Daryl Morey out to dry. And Stan Van Gundy is bullshtt too. FOLLOW THE MONEY


Van Gundy attacking unnamed nobodies on Twitter? How brave. And Bron DID attack Daryl Morey for standing up for human rights in China.

Twitter is garbage. Social media is garbage. Stan Van Gundy wants a head coaching job in the NBA. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

This garbage has to be CALLED OUT.


But you said SVG was trying to get a job?? Now you're saying he's deadmeat? I'm not sure how adhominems are helping you making your conspiratorial case here.

I can agree how lebron handled china wasn't right, however it has nothing to do with this current situation now.

TU QUOQUE FALLACY My friend.

Lets just move on. We're not going to agree here.
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,137
And1: 1,217
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#75 » by esqtvd » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:05 pm

NippySudz wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:Wrong Van Gundy dude. but if either want a job in the nba, they don't need a conspiracy to arrive there. all they need to do is just shut up. That's all they need to do get a job in the nba. Keep your mouth shut. the same others are doing right now who may disagree.

The Lebron James criticism at the time was fair. However, conflating the two issues together and trying to take away from this protest is a bit disingenuous.

Reminds me of the old Soviet union Whataboutisms I read in history class.





But you said SVG was trying to get a job?? Now you're saying he's deadmeat? I'm not sure how adhominems are helping you making your conspiratorial case here.

I can agree how lebron handled china wasn't right, however it has nothing to do with this current situation now.

TU QUOQUE FALLACY My friend.

Lets just move on. We're not going to agree here.



Please do move on? I mixed up the 2 Van Gundys--the rest stands. It's even truer of Stan than Jeff.


Ooops STAN Van Gundy. A complete NBA failure. DESTROYED the Pistons as one of the last coach GMs in NBA history. Crippled the Pistons for the next decade trading for Blake Griffin's albatross contract to save his own sorry ass.

Thanks for the correction bro. STAN is NBA dead meat. He will never get near a coaching job again. FOLLOW THE MONEY.


Nothing to do with the Soviet Union. Back THAT off bro. I can't believe you even posted what Stan thinks. We were having a serious conversation here. What some unnamed jerkofffs on Twitter are saying is worth less than nothing.

LeBron attacked Daryl Morey, defending the Chinese communist regime. That was bullshitt and so is the NBA for hanging Daryl Morey out to dry. And Stan Van Gundy is bullshtt too. FOLLOW THE MONEY


Van Gundy attacking unnamed nobodies on Twitter? How brave. And Bron DID attack Daryl Morey for standing up for human rights in China.

Twitter is garbage. Social media is garbage. Stan Van Gundy wants a head coaching job in the NBA. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

This garbage has to be CALLED OUT.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Sophomore
Posts: 182
And1: 84
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#76 » by NickP » Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:17 pm

esqtvd wrote:Van Gundy attacking unnamed nobodies on Twitter? How brave. And Bron DID attack Daryl Morey for standing up for human rights in China.

Twitter is garbage. Social media is garbage. Stan Van Gundy wants a head coaching job in the NBA. FOLLOW THE MONEY.

This garbage has to be CALLED OUT.


100%. Follow the damn money. LeBron was miffed at the Bucks because they took the thunder away from LeBron. LeBron was supposed to be the new Al Sharpton. The "voice of reason" saying incendiary things like that cop was out looking for a black man to kill.
Now for comparison, if I said something remotely similar to what LeBron said? I'd be escorted out of the building with a box in my hand.
Trez calling Luka a "bit@h ass white boy" was acceptable. Now imagine Luka calling Trez out like that? Luka would have been suspended for the season or more.
And why is the Hong Kong situation not comparable to what's going on here? Here, the elected officials pushed their thumbs up their asses and let the rampant looting and destruction continue uninterrupted. While in Hong Kong the communist regime was punishing the Protestors in ways we cannot imagine.
What's disingenuous is the brushing off or belittling one situation to prop up LeBron.
LeBron and the league were making Morey apologize for a rightful stance he took and all of the NBA stood aside as innocent bystanders.
Make no mistake. LeBron wants the spotlight on him and only him. He's the prophet, the Messiah. How dare the Bucks take this action without consulting with him first?
Tom you're so right when you say LeBron is the new Al Sharpton.
NickP
Sophomore
Posts: 182
And1: 84
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#77 » by NickP » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:19 pm

Kelphus wrote:
NickP wrote:
Kelphus wrote:Unless you've had to worry about being pulled over by police;
Unless you've had to teach your son if you get pulled over don't move your hands, keep them on the wheel;
If you've never had police pull guns on you from the getgo;
Unless you have never had law enforcement eye you suspiciously;
Unless you've ever been afraid of the law enforcement which is supposed to be protecting you;

How dare anyone say we are "BLM'ed out"

A guy was shot in the freaking back seven times in front of his kids. And no weapon. And not a felon or other dangerous person.

But apparently he was presumed to be dangerous because of his skin color.

Until you really understand what it's like, shut up. Go talk to a Black friend and ask some questions. You might learn something.
You might get very upset to realize what you've not been understanding, what you've been oblivious to your whole white middle class life.

Black Lives Matter.


Easy there. Let's no go daring anyone about anything. Again what happened in Kenosha is tragic. Those kids did not have to see this.
And do not tell me to shut up. Not a felon? Have you even bothered to read the facts or you are simply going to repeat social media? Do you know why the cops were there to begin with? Do you know the victim had a record and an outstanding arrest warrant? Do you know they found a knife in his car?
I'm going to say this again. What happened was tragic. But do not tell me to shut up. I know when a shooting is racially motivated and when it's not.
Black Life Matters.


First, his name is Jacob Blake. He is not a felon. He had a felony charge pending, but was not a felon.
Second, the fact he had an outstanding warrant does not justify seven shots in the back.
Third, the knife was found later, it was not in his hands.
Fourth - SEVEN SHOTS? In the back? With children a few feet away?

I say again, until you take the time to talk to someone who has to live afraid of the police, you have no right to criticize Black Lives Matter. So yeah, go listen before you yap.

And distorting the saying to "Black LIfe Matters" is disrespectful.

Black Lives Matter - every one of them. And until people of all colors can drive at night without fear of the police, or not worry about getting shot if they disobey a cop, then we all have a major problem.


You're assuming too much. Actually it is my very good friend who told me the real difference between "Black Lives Matter" and "Black Life Matters". He's black.
BLM has an agenda that I cannot support. I can still protect and care for every Black Life without supporting BLM. I'm not a Marxist or a communist and can never get behind a political organization like BLM with that agenda. And yes, BLM is a political org.
I will refuse to stand behind a political leader when she says rioting and looting the Chicago mile was justified because it's a form of reparations. No, that's taking jobs and livelihoods away from the same black lives you're trying to protect.
I do not have to support the Democratic party or the Republican party and in that sense I do not have to support BLM.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,377
And1: 13,872
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#78 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:53 pm

NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

This isn't a very good argument because the NBA has set the bar so low with China. Merely acknowledging the Chinese government's wrongdoings is already doing more than the NBA.
Image
NickP
Sophomore
Posts: 182
And1: 84
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#79 » by NickP » Fri Aug 28, 2020 4:41 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter

This isn't a very good argument because the NBA has set the bar so low with China. Merely acknowledging the Chinese government's wrongdoings is already doing more than the NBA.

+1
nickhx2
Head Coach
Posts: 7,249
And1: 3,503
Joined: Feb 13, 2014

Re: Buck's Boycott 

Post#80 » by nickhx2 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:45 pm

valiant effort, nippy. but the unfortunate reality is we live in a world where being disingenuous and dishonest is too often a person's base of discussion, rather than logic. you were never going to get anywhere but i guess someone's gotta try.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers