ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,887
And1: 995
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#201 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:00 am

Read on Twitter


Read on Twitter


shoutout to the families
User avatar
Dynamix
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,587
And1: 1,535
Joined: Dec 26, 2011
Location: Romania
 

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#202 » by Dynamix » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:14 am

Image
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,370
And1: 13,866
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#203 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:15 am

JazzfaninCO wrote:Guys, Denver is not a good basketball team.

Then your Jazz must really suck.
Image
NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,887
And1: 995
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#204 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:21 am

MartinToVaught wrote:I remember being ridiculed for saying Mike Malone was a better coach than Doc earlier this season. Turns out he's a million times better than Doc.

Malone put in back MPJ and MPJ questionable shot selection and defense cost them the game. Trezz was able to hold his own in clutch mins. This builds trust and confidence back in trezz who was struggling. That's why doc trusts him. I still don't think malone is a better coach than doc and I'm sticking to that. I believe we have the best coach remaining in the western conference. I think the ECF coaches are better. Stevens, spo, Nick Nurse are all in the top 5 of coaching imo.

I'm not a big fan of doc, but I've seen nuggets blow bigger leads and I've seen vogel under pressure.
NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,887
And1: 995
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#205 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:23 am

If Zu can stay out of foul trouble and we bring intensity in the first quarter and through 48 mins, we win the next game pretty comfortably.
User avatar
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
Posts: 6,746
And1: 1,750
Joined: Jan 30, 2012
Location: Charlotte
     

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#206 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:26 am

2 wins away from our first WCF let's go!
Image
NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,887
And1: 995
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#207 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:27 am

Read on Twitter


I tried to tell you guys, the trade is worth it. even with a struggling pg, he's still better than shai and gallo.
User avatar
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
Posts: 6,746
And1: 1,750
Joined: Jan 30, 2012
Location: Charlotte
     

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#208 » by mttwlsn16 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:31 am

Paul George was awesome tonight. Excellent game offensively and locked up Murray on D.
Image
NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,887
And1: 995
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#209 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:44 am

Read on Twitter
User avatar
donemilio21
Starter
Posts: 2,136
And1: 292
Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Location: Santa Barbara
   

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#210 » by donemilio21 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:42 am

clipperlover wrote:
Trez has got to be able to turn some of his plays into And1 opportunities. I don't think he had any And1's tonight. He is just too inconsistent from the FT line. He did hit some clutch FTs tonight though.


I think that is a big issue. He is not particularly great FT shooter, he was decent tonight, so he has to be getting some and1s like he used to. He is missing many shots at the rim that he should be making even if he is fouled. It is night and day from regular season to playoffs.
User avatar
donemilio21
Starter
Posts: 2,136
And1: 292
Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Location: Santa Barbara
   

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#211 » by donemilio21 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 6:44 am

NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter


I tried to tell you guys, the trade is worth it. even with a struggling pg, he's still better than shai and gallo.


PG was very good tonight. But I'd say we have to wait a few years to determine who won that trade :)
Clemenza
Starter
Posts: 2,226
And1: 1,593
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#212 » by Clemenza » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:36 am

JazzfaninCO wrote:That’s the kind of quote that really worries me. Guys, Denver is not a good basketball team. They have one sort of star and then a bunch of fringe guys that work well in the regular season with altitude.

But the Clips need the refs to give them 2.5x the FTA disparity and still need MORE help? And now we have players thinking it. That’s softer than soft. I’d edit the post and ask twitter to take it down. Why would you post it? Lol. Lakers are gonna stomp these softies smh. Please don’t let the Lakers get another title.

There's no reports or fan complaints of the Nuggets getting shafted on foul calls because if you actually watch the games instead of just reading a stat-line the majority of their shots are long threes and that's not going to garner them a nice amount of free throws. They have been getting their foul calls when they actually drive towards the basket and get shots off in the paint but that's far and few in-between and not the norm for them.
cWo
Clemenza
Starter
Posts: 2,226
And1: 1,593
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#213 » by Clemenza » Tue Sep 8, 2020 7:41 am

donemilio21 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter


I tried to tell you guys, the trade is worth it. even with a struggling pg, he's still better than shai and gallo.


PG was very good tonight. But I'd say we have to wait a few years to determine who won that trade :)

I think we won the trade.. especially if we make the WCF and/or NBA Finals. SGA and Gallo froze up and didn't play well at all in that game 7 and SGA seems to be more about fashion now than improving his game. He needs a much quicker shot release and some weight training if he's going to take that next step. Plus there's rumors that maybe some first round picks will be for sale in this upcoming draft which would be change under the couch for a guy like Ballmer.
cWo
NippySudz
Veteran
Posts: 2,887
And1: 995
Joined: Jul 08, 2019

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#214 » by NippySudz » Tue Sep 8, 2020 8:39 am

We have to make it easy. I think Doc wants to steal rest or not overplay patbev but we cannot allow our worst defensive rotation to take the floor anymore this series.

Good thing reggie only played 4 mins and it didn't cost us anything. Barely noticed him on the floor, he got yanked so quick.
MartinRiggs
Junior
Posts: 276
And1: 97
Joined: Jan 01, 2020
Location: Croatia
   

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#215 » by MartinRiggs » Tue Sep 8, 2020 12:02 pm

Nice win.

But Kawhi had to play 42 minutes which is a lot for him.
NickP
Sophomore
Posts: 179
And1: 83
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#216 » by NickP » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:17 pm

NippySudz wrote:We have to make it easy. I think Doc wants to steal rest or not overplay patbev but we cannot allow our worst defensive rotation to take the floor anymore this series.

Good thing reggie only played 4 mins and it didn't cost us anything. Barely noticed him on the floor, he got yanked so quick.

We need to play Reggie with Bev. Reggie has been a very good spot up shooter. I just cringe when he's holding on to the ball.
User avatar
SK21209
Veteran
Posts: 2,978
And1: 3,229
Joined: Jul 12, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
   

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#217 » by SK21209 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:21 pm

MartinRiggs wrote:Nice win.

But Kawhi had to play 42 minutes which is a lot for him.


Ehh, there are so many stoppages in play during these playoff games that 42 minutes isn't nearly as bad as it sounds. Nurse figured that out which is why Lowry and VanVleet are averaging over 40 a game in their series against Boston.
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 14,589
And1: 4,157
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#218 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:55 pm

Clemenza wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
Read on Twitter


I tried to tell you guys, the trade is worth it. even with a struggling pg, he's still better than shai and gallo.


PG was very good tonight. But I'd say we have to wait a few years to determine who won that trade :)

I think we won the trade.. especially if we make the WCF and/or NBA Finals. SGA and Gallo froze up and didn't play well at all in that game 7 and SGA seems to be more about fashion now than improving his game. He needs a much quicker shot release and some weight training if he's going to take that next step. Plus there's rumors that maybe some first round picks will be for sale in this upcoming draft which would be change under the couch for a guy like Ballmer.

My biggest beef with the trade was that Paul came up small in the playoffs. If he's going to perform like this in the playoffs, then there is no doubt, we won that trade.

I want to see PG be professional and reliable. He's not going to be hot like that every game. Will he do the job of being aggressive, getting to the cup, and playing that elite defense (it was elite last night) even when he's not super hot.

So far, he's been a breath of fresh air since disappearing against the Mavs but we are 10 wins away from a ring and I want to see if he is going to stay performing like this to finish this series on forward.
Clever reactions to aggressive situations

#NoMoreDocRiversScholarships
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 14,589
And1: 4,157
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#219 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Sep 8, 2020 3:58 pm

Btw, hopefully this win does not make this team get over confident.

This was a very evenly contested contest and we were down in the 4th Quarter. We played good D and finished strong to close this out but they did just miss some shots too.

I will be disappointed if this team comes in and lays an egg tomorrow night. The way that game was played, the intensity level (which Lou mentioned post game btw....so it's not just me), and our focus should be at its peak in Game 4.

We are not out of the woods. We aren't even close.
Clever reactions to aggressive situations

#NoMoreDocRiversScholarships
User avatar
donemilio21
Starter
Posts: 2,136
And1: 292
Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Location: Santa Barbara
   

Re: GAME 3 Western semis - 6 p.m. TNT - McNuggets get fried 

Post#220 » by donemilio21 » Tue Sep 8, 2020 5:05 pm

NickP wrote:
NippySudz wrote:We have to make it easy. I think Doc wants to steal rest or not overplay patbev but we cannot allow our worst defensive rotation to take the floor anymore this series.

Good thing reggie only played 4 mins and it didn't cost us anything. Barely noticed him on the floor, he got yanked so quick.

We need to play Reggie with Bev. Reggie has been a very good spot up shooter. I just cringe when he's holding on to the ball.

Reggie had two complete zero nights in this series. 0 FGA, 0 points, 0 Reb, 0 Steal, 0 assist. He had 3 shots in a total of 27 minutes in 3 games. He can be getting more catch and shoot looks, but I'm glad he is not trying to be a playmaker or out there guarding Murray for long stretches.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers