ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,137
And1: 1,217
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#381 » by esqtvd » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:12 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:I also don't understand what's up with Lou. He is missing point blank lay ups repeatedly. The problem is that once in a great while he goes off for 35 points- could be game 7- who knows?


They're ALL missing gimmes. The whole team got the frozen sphincters.

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
Posts: 6,746
And1: 1,751
Joined: Jan 30, 2012
Location: Charlotte
     

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#382 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:30 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
NickP wrote:This is what needs to happen. Kawhi and PG need to play 40 minutes each. Rest them together and play them together. When one of them goes out, the team as a whole starts ball watching. Try to play a lineup of Kawhi, Morris and PG for 40 minutes. Use Bev, Zu, Green, Reggie and Patterson. That should be the rotation.
Doc has to do something different in this game if the Clippers have to advance.
I would bench Lou and Trez. Period. Lou is playing like he's on the Nuggets. I don't care what anyone says, some of those shots just look like they're missed on purpose. Even the half time buzzer beater surprised Lou. His look was not a happy one when he made the shot. It was puzzled. Of course it's my opinion. Maybe there's nothing there. But bench Lou and Trez. I'd rather lose with Green, Patterson and Reggie.

There is no tomorrow if they lose, so I'd play Kawhi and PG13 44 minutes or more if I had to. If they build a lead and it looks like the bench is just giving it away in a span of like 2 minutes, I'd throw them back in immediately to stop the bleeding.
Yup. If we're up 20 and doc puts bench guys in and Denver cuts it to 14 in 2 min, starters need to IMMEDIATELY go back in.
Image
User avatar
SK21209
Veteran
Posts: 2,988
And1: 3,238
Joined: Jul 12, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA
   

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#383 » by SK21209 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:52 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:I also don't understand what's up with Lou. He is missing point blank lay ups repeatedly. The problem is that once in a great while he goes off for 35 points- could be game 7- who knows?


They're ALL missing gimmes. The whole team got the frozen sphincters.

Read on Twitter


This, and we let the Nuggets shoot so many free throws in that third quarter. Kawhi in particular missed a bunch of his favorite shots.
User avatar
TucsonClip
Bench Warmer
Posts: 1,330
And1: 695
Joined: Jan 19, 2011
Contact:
 

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#384 » by TucsonClip » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:09 pm

TheNewEra wrote:We are not using the pick and roll enough to cover dry spells and we can only run it with one unit. Whoever allowed Trez to go from pick and roll to isolation player needs to have a major sit down. The Lou and Trez 2 man game has been a thing of the past and I think a major part is because Trez trying to showcase his game in a contract year


I dont think the Lou and Trez PNR should be abandoned, but I think it has been quite clear all postseason, and even throughout the bubble, that teams can scheme around that by crowding Trez and jumping Lou. They are willing to live with forcing Lou to make the right pass, and take away the pocket pass to Trez.

Again, I dont think we should completely ignore it, but it has not been working to the same efficiency it was during the regular season, which shouldnt be too shocking.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
NickP
Sophomore
Posts: 182
And1: 84
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#385 » by NickP » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:20 pm

Trez has been garbage. Bench his ass. Patterson could use some time and he can shoot.
nickhx2
Head Coach
Posts: 7,249
And1: 3,503
Joined: Feb 13, 2014

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#386 » by nickhx2 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:19 pm

LamarWho wrote:It was pretty comical to see Glenn Fraud Rivers inserted Reggie Jackson in the 4th for one whopping minute, then tried the small ball lineup at the end when Jokic was smoking us. This tells me he's desperate because he's all about making zero in game adjustments.


this was a pure panic move and i laughed inside. and cried inside as well.
clipperlover
Sophomore
Posts: 233
And1: 144
Joined: Sep 10, 2019

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#387 » by clipperlover » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:29 pm

TucsonClip wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:We are not using the pick and roll enough to cover dry spells and we can only run it with one unit. Whoever allowed Trez to go from pick and roll to isolation player needs to have a major sit down. The Lou and Trez 2 man game has been a thing of the past and I think a major part is because Trez trying to showcase his game in a contract year


I dont think the Lou and Trez PNR should be abandoned, but I think it has been quite clear all postseason, and even throughout the bubble, that teams can scheme around that by crowding Trez and jumping Lou. They are willing to live with forcing Lou to make the right pass, and take away the pocket pass to Trez.

Again, I dont think we should completely ignore it, but it has not been working to the same efficiency it was during the regular season, which shouldnt be too shocking.


So, running a regular season play that works against bottom feeders or when teams completely rest their starters and go straight 2nd unit might not work in the playoffs when the D is better and the rotations are tightened? Your're using crazy talk now.
clipperlover
Sophomore
Posts: 233
And1: 144
Joined: Sep 10, 2019

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#388 » by clipperlover » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:39 pm

NickP wrote:
clipperlover wrote:In Game 7, a combination of Kawhi, PG and PB need to be on the floor at all times. Also, a 7 game series is about adjustments and throwing something at your opponent for which they aren't prepared. Popovich used to toss in Matt Bonner as a starter to shake things up.

The move Doc needs to make, for at least a short time, is to play Zubac with Harrell. We had our comeback vs Denver a few years ago when Harrell and Boban played alongside each other. Force Millsap to stay with Harrell. Right now, we don't have anyone on the boards cleaning up the shots Harrell misses. Plus, Zubac is a good enough passer that he can find Harrell on cuts.

Sorry but Zu and Trez together is a disaster.


Please explain how a line-up of PB, PG, Kawhi, Trez and Zu would be a disaster vs a Denver line-up of Murray, Harris, Grant, Jokic and Millsap?
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 21,930
And1: 6,501
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#389 » by TheNewEra » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:01 pm

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Spot-on, bro. It makes people angry to try to make a rational explanation, but basically Doc's thinking has been that if we don't get the old Trezz back, we have zero chance against the Lakers anyway. So he burned Game 5 and and 15 minutes of Game 6 trying to get Trezz back in form before facing the Lakers.

Of course now that it's Game 7, you play desperate and hope to win it somehow, down and dirty, whatever it takes, and that means without Trezz [we hope]. But it's simplistic to put all the blame on him, as if only we'd given his 15 minutes to somebody [anybody] else we'd have won. No, we wouldn't have.

Everybody else sucked too, as TrueLA's post delineates above. Zu was a sterling plus+23 at the half but was minus-12 in the 2nd half--as often happens when he gets into extended minutes. His second 15 minutes are never as good as his first 15, which is why Doc is always casting about for an alternative. And Doc tried to give Trezz a quick hook during the Nugs run and had Zu at the scorer's table, but Joker hit a couple of 3s before the next stoppage of play.

Has Doc guessed wrong? Sure, its easy to say so in hindsight. Would another course of action have been successful? We shall never know. But never think you see anything the rest of us so-called "apologists" don't see.

I also agree with TrueLA that even if we pull out Game 7, our prospects vs the fLakers look dim. Plan A, of playing Bron and Brow even and having the deepest squad in the league clean up the rest, is in tatters. Trezz is not coming back, and there is nobody to pick up for him.

Play desperate and roll the dice.



Again we went Nuggets went on a 11 to 0 run when Harrell came into the game. Not all his fault but it’s a repeated trend the post season about him being on the floor. Even with Zubac not getting the ball to go in with tips and missing two actual baskets the team was only -5 in his minutes.


Start the 4th quarter the Harrell squad was a -5 until 7:21 of the 4th quarter which like Zubac wouldn’t have been so bad if he didn’t have the 0-11 run during his time in the third. At this point you are minus 16 and we are down.

To recap the 2nd half

Zubac leaves the game up 12 (I’m counting the made free throw he was subbed out for)

Zubac comes back we are up 1 POINT

Harrell comes in we are up 2 points

Zubac comes back in to us being down 3

Green comes in we are down like 8 I think and it’s over


This is the playoffs and possessions matter and minutes matter and there’s a reason clippers twitter is harping on guys being detrimental to momentum and winning


Asked and answered.


Zu was a sterling plus+23 at the half but was minus-12 in the 2nd half--as often happens when he gets into extended minutes. His second 15 minutes are never as good as his first 15, which is why Doc is always casting about for an alternative. And Doc tried to give Trezz a quick hook during the Nugs run and had Zu at the scorer's table, but Joker hit a couple of 3s before the next stoppage of play.

Has Doc guessed wrong? Sure, its easy to say so in hindsight. Would another course of action have been successful? We shall never know. But never think you see anything the rest of us so-called "apologists" don't see.


Minus 12 still has us in the lead lmao

Are we going to act like when he came back in and we were down 3 that the Nuggets weren’t just hot with confidence? The bolded part is exactly the point you keep putting Zubac back in after trying to force some Trez minutes and these become momentum swings for the first team. So Zubac is asked to come in and stop the unnecessary bleeding with defense and running plays to get people open


That quote proved my point exactly. Stop making stupid decisions that hurt the team and put everyone in. Worse situations to fix.
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,137
And1: 1,217
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#390 » by esqtvd » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:28 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Again we went Nuggets went on a 11 to 0 run when Harrell came into the game. Not all his fault but it’s a repeated trend the post season about him being on the floor. Even with Zubac not getting the ball to go in with tips and missing two actual baskets the team was only -5 in his minutes.


Start the 4th quarter the Harrell squad was a -5 until 7:21 of the 4th quarter which like Zubac wouldn’t have been so bad if he didn’t have the 0-11 run during his time in the third. At this point you are minus 16 and we are down.

To recap the 2nd half

Zubac leaves the game up 12 (I’m counting the made free throw he was subbed out for)

Zubac comes back we are up 1 POINT

Harrell comes in we are up 2 points

Zubac comes back in to us being down 3

Green comes in we are down like 8 I think and it’s over


This is the playoffs and possessions matter and minutes matter and there’s a reason clippers twitter is harping on guys being detrimental to momentum and winning


Asked and answered.


Zu was a sterling plus+23 at the half but was minus-12 in the 2nd half--as often happens when he gets into extended minutes. His second 15 minutes are never as good as his first 15, which is why Doc is always casting about for an alternative. And Doc tried to give Trezz a quick hook during the Nugs run and had Zu at the scorer's table, but Joker hit a couple of 3s before the next stoppage of play.

Has Doc guessed wrong? Sure, its easy to say so in hindsight. Would another course of action have been successful? We shall never know. But never think you see anything the rest of us so-called "apologists" don't see.


Minus 12 still has us in the lead lmao

Are we going to act like when he came back in and we were down 3 that the Nuggets weren’t just hot with confidence? The bolded part is exactly the point you keep putting Zubac back in after trying to force some Trez minutes and these become momentum swings for the first team. So Zubac is asked to come in and stop the unnecessary bleeding with defense and running plays to get people open


That quote proved my point exactly. Stop making stupid decisions that hurt the team and put everyone in. Worse situations to fix.



You underlined the wrong part.


Zu was a sterling plus+23 at the half but was minus-12 in the 2nd half--as often happens when he gets into extended minutes. His second 15 minutes are never as good as his first 15, which is why Doc is always casting about for an alternative. And Doc tried to give Trezz a quick hook during the Nugs run and had Zu at the scorer's table, but Joker hit a couple of 3s before the next stoppage of play.



I conceded previously--Trezz is ass right now. He has left a 28 mpg/18 ppg hole. Zu is covering 14 of those minutes but none of the points--he had TWO POINTS in all of Game 6. More Zu would not have won us the game.

I do think we all agree--in Game 7 we are in desperation mode where we have to throw s&^% at the wall and hope something sticks. Patterson, Noah, Reggie? I dunno, something. It's a crap shoot now. Literally. :o
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
Posts: 6,746
And1: 1,751
Joined: Jan 30, 2012
Location: Charlotte
     

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#391 » by mttwlsn16 » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:31 pm

Noah should be active imo. Need another big body even if it's just for 5 min. Trez ain't cutting it right now.

Might wanna try Pat Patt too for a few mins.

Let those 2 get most of Trez minutes tomorrow night. Can't hurt.
Image
clipperlover
Sophomore
Posts: 233
And1: 144
Joined: Sep 10, 2019

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#392 » by clipperlover » Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:46 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Again we went Nuggets went on a 11 to 0 run when Harrell came into the game. Not all his fault but it’s a repeated trend the post season about him being on the floor. Even with Zubac not getting the ball to go in with tips and missing two actual baskets the team was only -5 in his minutes.


Start the 4th quarter the Harrell squad was a -5 until 7:21 of the 4th quarter which like Zubac wouldn’t have been so bad if he didn’t have the 0-11 run during his time in the third. At this point you are minus 16 and we are down.

To recap the 2nd half

Zubac leaves the game up 12 (I’m counting the made free throw he was subbed out for)

Zubac comes back we are up 1 POINT

Harrell comes in we are up 2 points

Zubac comes back in to us being down 3

Green comes in we are down like 8 I think and it’s over


This is the playoffs and possessions matter and minutes matter and there’s a reason clippers twitter is harping on guys being detrimental to momentum and winning


Asked and answered.


Zu was a sterling plus+23 at the half but was minus-12 in the 2nd half--as often happens when he gets into extended minutes. His second 15 minutes are never as good as his first 15, which is why Doc is always casting about for an alternative. And Doc tried to give Trezz a quick hook during the Nugs run and had Zu at the scorer's table, but Joker hit a couple of 3s before the next stoppage of play.

Has Doc guessed wrong? Sure, its easy to say so in hindsight. Would another course of action have been successful? We shall never know. But never think you see anything the rest of us so-called "apologists" don't see.


Minus 12 still has us in the lead lmao

Are we going to act like when he came back in and we were down 3 that the Nuggets weren’t just hot with confidence? The bolded part is exactly the point you keep putting Zubac back in after trying to force some Trez minutes and these become momentum swings for the first team. So Zubac is asked to come in and stop the unnecessary bleeding with defense and running plays to get people open


That quote proved my point exactly. Stop making stupid decisions that hurt the team and put everyone in. Worse situations to fix.


Zubac was a -3 in the 3rd quarter when Trez came in for him. He had missed two short shots and had a turnover.

Here is Zubac's 3rd qtr substitution during the series:
Game 1 - 2:59 left in 3rd LAC 89 - DEN 62
Game 2 - 3:42 left in 3rd LAC 69 - DEN 83
Game 3 - 5:43 left in 3rd LAC 79 - DEN 72
Game 4 - 1:04 left in 3rd LAC 79 - DEN 53
Game 5 - 1:25 left in 3rd LAC 80 - DEN 67
Game 6 - 6:17 left in 3rd LAC 73 - DEN 60

So, in 5 prior games he was never substituted out earlier than 9 minutes into the 3rd when we had a lead. What was the cause of the quick hook? Rather than focus on plus/minus, they need to ask Doc what necessitated removing Zubac earlier than he had all series. We had the lead and he wasn't in foul trouble. So, why then? Half of Jokic's 3rd qtr points at that point came from FTs.

Wonder if playing Harrell with Kawhi messed things up on both ends of the court. I don't know that Kawhi and Harrel have the same chemistry as Kawhi and Zubac.
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,137
And1: 1,217
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#393 » by esqtvd » Mon Sep 14, 2020 11:08 pm

clipperlover wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Asked and answered.




Minus 12 still has us in the lead lmao

Are we going to act like when he came back in and we were down 3 that the Nuggets weren’t just hot with confidence? The bolded part is exactly the point you keep putting Zubac back in after trying to force some Trez minutes and these become momentum swings for the first team. So Zubac is asked to come in and stop the unnecessary bleeding with defense and running plays to get people open


That quote proved my point exactly. Stop making stupid decisions that hurt the team and put everyone in. Worse situations to fix.


Zubac was a -3 in the 3rd quarter when Trez came in for him. He had missed two short shots and had a turnover.

Here is Zubac's 3rd qtr substitution during the series:
Game 1 - 2:59 left in 3rd LAC 89 - DEN 62
Game 2 - 3:42 left in 3rd LAC 69 - DEN 83
Game 3 - 5:43 left in 3rd LAC 79 - DEN 72
Game 4 - 1:04 left in 3rd LAC 79 - DEN 53
Game 5 - 1:25 left in 3rd LAC 80 - DEN 67
Game 6 - 6:17 left in 3rd LAC 73 - DEN 60

So, in 5 prior games he was never substituted out earlier than 9 minutes into the 3rd when we had a lead. What was the cause of the quick hook? Rather than focus on plus/minus, they need to ask Doc what necessitated removing Zubac earlier than he had all series. We had the lead and he wasn't in foul trouble. So, why then? Half of Jokic's 3rd qtr points at that point came from FTs.

Wonder if playing Harrell with Kawhi messed things up on both ends of the court. I don't know that Kawhi and Harrel have the same chemistry as Kawhi and Zubac.



The thinking must have been that Harrell's dreadful plus/minus in previous games coincided with Kawhi being off the floor so why not try him while Kawhi was still on the floor? And as noted, Trezz was on a very short leash and Jokic hit two quick threes before Trezz could be yanked at the next stoppage of play. Zu was immediately re-inserted.

I can only attempt to explain the reasoning. No, it didn't work. Trezz is not just a half-step behind the action, he's two steps. He can't even outplay Plumlee.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Roscoe Sheed
General Manager
Posts: 8,159
And1: 2,025
Joined: May 01, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#394 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:01 am

clipperlover wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Asked and answered.




Minus 12 still has us in the lead lmao

Are we going to act like when he came back in and we were down 3 that the Nuggets weren’t just hot with confidence? The bolded part is exactly the point you keep putting Zubac back in after trying to force some Trez minutes and these become momentum swings for the first team. So Zubac is asked to come in and stop the unnecessary bleeding with defense and running plays to get people open


That quote proved my point exactly. Stop making stupid decisions that hurt the team and put everyone in. Worse situations to fix.


Zubac was a -3 in the 3rd quarter when Trez came in for him. He had missed two short shots and had a turnover.

Here is Zubac's 3rd qtr substitution during the series:
Game 1 - 2:59 left in 3rd LAC 89 - DEN 62
Game 2 - 3:42 left in 3rd LAC 69 - DEN 83
Game 3 - 5:43 left in 3rd LAC 79 - DEN 72
Game 4 - 1:04 left in 3rd LAC 79 - DEN 53
Game 5 - 1:25 left in 3rd LAC 80 - DEN 67
Game 6 - 6:17 left in 3rd LAC 73 - DEN 60

So, in 5 prior games he was never substituted out earlier than 9 minutes into the 3rd when we had a lead. What was the cause of the quick hook? Rather than focus on plus/minus, they need to ask Doc what necessitated removing Zubac earlier than he had all series. We had the lead and he wasn't in foul trouble. So, why then? Half of Jokic's 3rd qtr points at that point came from FTs.

Wonder if playing Harrell with Kawhi messed things up on both ends of the court. I don't know that Kawhi and Harrel have the same chemistry as Kawhi and Zubac.

I get the sense that Kawhi doesn’t have good chemistry with Harrell. I think they need to let Harrell walk this off season and let Zubac develop more. It seems like the clippers played better without Harrell earlier in the bubble
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
Posts: 10,582
And1: 3,956
Joined: Jun 02, 2014
       

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#395 » by skywalker33 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:26 am

Hearing Doc complaining about the refs last game, trying to put them on notice for Game 7.

Guess if you can't beat'em....well you get the point. Doc must be scared he'll get outcoached again
When your days are grey, and your nights are black, it's just different shades of mundane !
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,137
And1: 1,217
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#396 » by esqtvd » Tue Sep 15, 2020 1:24 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
Minus 12 still has us in the lead lmao

Are we going to act like when he came back in and we were down 3 that the Nuggets weren’t just hot with confidence? The bolded part is exactly the point you keep putting Zubac back in after trying to force some Trez minutes and these become momentum swings for the first team. So Zubac is asked to come in and stop the unnecessary bleeding with defense and running plays to get people open


That quote proved my point exactly. Stop making stupid decisions that hurt the team and put everyone in. Worse situations to fix.


Zubac was a -3 in the 3rd quarter when Trez came in for him. He had missed two short shots and had a turnover.

Here is Zubac's 3rd qtr substitution during the series:
Game 1 - 2:59 left in 3rd LAC 89 - DEN 62
Game 2 - 3:42 left in 3rd LAC 69 - DEN 83
Game 3 - 5:43 left in 3rd LAC 79 - DEN 72
Game 4 - 1:04 left in 3rd LAC 79 - DEN 53
Game 5 - 1:25 left in 3rd LAC 80 - DEN 67
Game 6 - 6:17 left in 3rd LAC 73 - DEN 60

So, in 5 prior games he was never substituted out earlier than 9 minutes into the 3rd when we had a lead. What was the cause of the quick hook? Rather than focus on plus/minus, they need to ask Doc what necessitated removing Zubac earlier than he had all series. We had the lead and he wasn't in foul trouble. So, why then? Half of Jokic's 3rd qtr points at that point came from FTs.

Wonder if playing Harrell with Kawhi messed things up on both ends of the court. I don't know that Kawhi and Harrel have the same chemistry as Kawhi and Zubac.

I get the sense that Kawhi doesn’t have good chemistry with Harrell. I think they need to let Harrell walk this off season and let Zubac develop more. It seems like the clippers played better without Harrell earlier in the bubble



Zubac has taken another step forward since the restart and is now a legit 25+ mpg NBA center. Trezz was killing it right before the break in March but I just ran across these tweets from a few days ago:


Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


I've been saying he's a basket case emotionally since his grandmother's death but MAN, I had no idea... :sad:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Roscoe Sheed
General Manager
Posts: 8,159
And1: 2,025
Joined: May 01, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#397 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:20 am

I feel really badly for Harrell and support him, but perhaps Doc should rest him for the good of the team.
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 21,930
And1: 6,501
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#398 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:23 am

esqtvd wrote:
Roscoe Sheed wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
Zubac was a -3 in the 3rd quarter when Trez came in for him. He had missed two short shots and had a turnover.

Here is Zubac's 3rd qtr substitution during the series:
Game 1 - 2:59 left in 3rd LAC 89 - DEN 62
Game 2 - 3:42 left in 3rd LAC 69 - DEN 83
Game 3 - 5:43 left in 3rd LAC 79 - DEN 72
Game 4 - 1:04 left in 3rd LAC 79 - DEN 53
Game 5 - 1:25 left in 3rd LAC 80 - DEN 67
Game 6 - 6:17 left in 3rd LAC 73 - DEN 60

So, in 5 prior games he was never substituted out earlier than 9 minutes into the 3rd when we had a lead. What was the cause of the quick hook? Rather than focus on plus/minus, they need to ask Doc what necessitated removing Zubac earlier than he had all series. We had the lead and he wasn't in foul trouble. So, why then? Half of Jokic's 3rd qtr points at that point came from FTs.

Wonder if playing Harrell with Kawhi messed things up on both ends of the court. I don't know that Kawhi and Harrel have the same chemistry as Kawhi and Zubac.

I get the sense that Kawhi doesn’t have good chemistry with Harrell. I think they need to let Harrell walk this off season and let Zubac develop more. It seems like the clippers played better without Harrell earlier in the bubble



Zubac has taken another step forward since the restart and is now a legit 25+ mpg NBA center. Trezz was killing it right before the break in March but I just ran across these tweets from a few days ago:


Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter


I've been saying he's a basket case emotionally since his grandmother's death but MAN, I had no idea... :sad:



His emotions are understandable but a lot of his issues are things that showed signs of during the regular season. You saw the numbers that the team had issues closing against starting quality guys using Harrell if it was close. Kawhi’s numbers were down and net ratings were poor he’s just not big enough.

Look at all the teams in the west we will have to battle with long term and they all have size and even GSW will have more size next year
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 21,930
And1: 6,501
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#399 » by TheNewEra » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:24 am

Roscoe Sheed
General Manager
Posts: 8,159
And1: 2,025
Joined: May 01, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: GAME 6 Western Semis: NOTE TIME--10 AM Pacific ESPN 

Post#400 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:56 am

TheNewEra wrote:

great video- really exposes the defensive mistakes. Lou looks quite bad in some of those clips. They also have to make sure they rotate and get back- many easy buckets for the Nuggets.

Doc should have played Jackson for five minutes or so rather than subbing Beverley back in so early with 5 fouls. I know Doncic ate Jackson up in the last series, but I don't think he is that bad of a defender- not much worse if at all than Shamet and at least he can knock down shots.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers