Read on Twitter

I can only hope so.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Re: GAME 7. WC SEMIS SEPT 15, 6PM PST 

Post#282 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:49 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:With everything going on in the country right now there is a 0% chance Doc is let go. It's true.

I just don't see how they can justify bringing him back. This team is going to be the biggest laughingstock arguably in the history of pro sports next season. They can't run it back with minimal changes and expect the fans and players to still be on board.
We're easily a title contending team. No need for a complete overhaul. In terms of just player personnel, we clearly need another true big man. Jokic is huge but he literally grabbed rebounds flatfooted. We have no size. Boban would've been nice to have for this series.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#283 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:49 am

LACtdom wrote:Going SEVEN (7) minutes without a field goal in the fourth quarter is poor coaching.

Once we realized the shots weren't falling, couldn't we have just attempted pick n rolls with Trez and Zubacca?
Worst case scenario, Joker gets into foul trouble earlier?
Maybe practice a bit more on cutting to the basket? Our players just stand there and watch our ISO plays.
Unless you're a freak like KD, curry or LeBron, generally speaking, ISO shots are bad looks.

Hot Take:
I believe if we had CP3 instead of PG we would have won this series.

zu only got 14mins this game. coaching malpractice.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#284 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:51 am

mttwlsn16 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:With everything going on in the country right now there is a 0% chance Doc is let go. It's true.

I just don't see how they can justify bringing him back. This team is going to be the biggest laughingstock arguably in the history of pro sports next season. They can't run it back with minimal changes and expect the fans and players to still be on board.
We're easily a title contending team. No need for a complete overhaul. In terms of just player personnel, we clearly need another true big man. Jokic is huge but he literally grabbed rebounds flatfooted. We have no size. Boban would've been nice to have for this series.

How can you say with a straight face that we're a title contender when we can't get past the second round and have by far the worst coach in the league? This is Lob City all over again right now. A few minor tweaks on the margins are not enough to fix this.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#285 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:52 am

‪Harrell has to go and Morris have to think on the fit. Next to Zubac we might need a tall lanky defender/shooter. Green can comeback but we need a real backup C. Kris Dunn or Lonzo back PG who can playmake and a wing 2way backup. We might have to pick between Lou Will or ‬Shamet
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,176

Post#286 » by og15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:53 am

I don't hate Doc. He seems like a genuinely great guy, but I think as a coach he's more like a Mark Jackson. He helped get GSW out of the gutter then Kerr elevated them to the next level.
Doc helped us get out of the gutter, but the entire lob city era underachieved and now this.

Feel bad for the guy bc I really like him as a human being, but even my cousin who's a die hard Celtics fan said he was happy to see Doc go when he left Boston.

Many Boston fans said that, and at the time, we all wondered why they would be happy to see a coach considered very good go, maybe it was just sour grapes that he didn't want to stay? Well, maybe it wasn't, but for the average coach, it is pretty tough to have such high expectations, and to not just lose, but to lose in this fashion, and not get fired.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#287 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:53 am

Read on Twitter

Holy crap, Doc finally took blame for something! It only took several historic playoff collapses with different cores!
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#288 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:54 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:I just don't see how they can justify bringing him back. This team is going to be the biggest laughingstock arguably in the history of pro sports next season. They can't run it back with minimal changes and expect the fans and players to still be on board.

How can you say with a straight face that we're a title contender when we can't get past the second round and have by far the worst coach in the league? This is Lob City all over again right now. A few minor tweaks on the margins are not enough to fix this.

Fixing coaching is the first step. We don’t need major moves and I agree a playmaker, true backup C, and wing would do wonders
JustWin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,927

Post#289 » by JustWin » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:58 am

Ahh good ol tasty karma...
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#290 » by Kelphus » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:58 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:seriously. Just ban them.

you are not one of us either you worm :wink:

Nobody wants to be "one of you." Read the room.

Please MTV find somewhere else to push your desperate need for attention.

Read that.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#291 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:59 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Read on Twitter

Holy crap, Doc finally took blame for something! It only took several historic playoff collapses with different cores!

Okay, never mind, he's already back to making excuses:

Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#292 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 3:59 am

Doc with his excuses he truly is garbage and has no idea what accountability is

Mike Malone deserved this series
SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,830

Post#293 » by SK21209 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:02 am

Too furious to even comment on the game. The only hope is that West/Winger are upstairs now and will understand that significant changes need to be made.

We depend way too much on Beverly, an injury-prone, over-30 point guard, and Lou, an over-30 shooting guard who can’t defend. If we can’t find a decent starting point guard, I don’t think it’s crazy to explore starting Shamet there. I also think it’s Trez’s time to go. Marc Gasol was not good in the bubble but I wouldn’t mind him as a backup to Zubac.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,289

Post#294 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:02 am

Kawhi: pay me a lot money, give away several 1st rounders to get Paul George and btw I need load management....
Raised by Pops for a few years
Taken care of by Nurse last year and now Mal- treated by Doc.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#295 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:04 am

Kelphus wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

you are not one of us either you worm :wink:

Nobody wants to be "one of you." Read the room.

Please MTV find somewhere else to push your desperate need for attention.

Read that.

allow it dude. This really has been on doc and the clippers need a culture change. Doc is old guard. Pre-analytical era. We need a culture reset. We need a new coach, a current -era head coach.
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#296 » by Kinger95 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:05 am

JustWin wrote:Ahh good ol tasty karma...

Karma how?

On doc?

Or on the clippers organization for trading 5 - future 1sts and trying to jump to the front of the line?
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,204

Post#297 » by Max Headrom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:05 am

Doc, Lou, Trezz and Bev out the door, start Shamet at the 1, get more reliable playoff performers off the bench and maybe give Sam or Lue a shot
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,176

Post#298 » by og15 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:07 am

JustWin wrote:Ahh good ol tasty karma...

So you are here to troll? First post on the Clippers board?

Karma for what exactly?
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#299 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:08 am

TheNewEra wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
mttwlsn16 wrote:We're easily a title contending team. No need for a complete overhaul. In terms of just player personnel, we clearly need another true big man. Jokic is huge but he literally grabbed rebounds flatfooted. We have no size. Boban would've been nice to have for this series.

Fixing coaching is the first step. We don’t need major moves and I agree a playmaker, true backup C, and wing would do wonders

well actually you're blaming the Front Office here truth be told
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#300 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:09 am

Max Headrom wrote:maybe give Sam or Lue a shot

No thanks. They did nothing to stop this meltdown either. We need to totally get away from the Doc era and the culture he's built. We need a new voice from outside.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers