Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

SK21209
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,826

Re: GAME 7. WC SEMIS SEPT 15, 6PM PST 

Post#321 » by SK21209 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:37 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Casey wasn't in charge of two of the most excruciating playoff collapses in sports history. You can't just promote from within after a failure like this.

You're trying too hard now, the Raptors were known for collapsing in the playoffs every year despite being one of the top teams in the east :crazy:

Literally nothing the Raptors did was as bad as this chokejob or the Houston series. They usually lost to teams that were significantly better than them.

Curious whom you think some good candidates are if we move on from Doc? I think the most important quality we need to look for in a replacement coach is making adjustments in-game.
The_glove90
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#322 » by The_glove90 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:39 am

Ayo! what i miss? lol Clips ddnt want it, Denver's will won them this game. Gonna be fun facing them. LAL in 5.
"The worst part about prison was the dementors"-Prison Mike 8-)
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#323 » by Max Headrom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:39 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Remember when some of us were accused of "overreacting" and "being too negative" for being mad that the team basically didn't show up for an entire quarter of playoff basketball in Game 2? Those were the days.

Newsflash for all the newer fans out there: this is why some of us are so "negative." Because the Clippers always do this and have never once proven themselves as a franchise when it matters. So whenever the Clippers show a lack of killer instinct in the playoffs, people are going to assume the worst, because the worst has literally always happened.

You don't need any of that to happen for you to be negative. You're even negative sometimes after wins. You're just the Debbie Downer of the board and everyone knows your act now...
God Squad
RealGM
And1: 10,164

Post#324 » by God Squad » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 am

Troubadour wrote:Honestly, just suspend me from your forum for my own sake.

LOL. I respect this. I'll just lurk and stay quiet.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#325 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 am

Max Headrom wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Remember when some of us were accused of "overreacting" and "being too negative" for being mad that the team basically didn't show up for an entire quarter of playoff basketball in Game 2? Those were the days.

Newsflash for all the newer fans out there: this is why some of us are so "negative." Because the Clippers always do this and have never once proven themselves as a franchise when it matters. So whenever the Clippers show a lack of killer instinct in the playoffs, people are going to assume the worst, because the worst has literally always happened.

You don't need any of that to happen for you to be negative. You're even negative sometimes after wins. You're just the Debbie Downer of the board and everyone knows your act now...

I'd be more positive if the Clippers didn't always find new and creative ways to humiliate their fans in the playoffs. It's hard to be overly positive about 50 years without even a conference finals appearance. I'm a "show and prove" type of guy, not a blind faith type of guy.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#326 » by NippySudz » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 am

SK21209 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
You're trying too hard now, the Raptors were known for collapsing in the playoffs every year despite being one of the top teams in the east :crazy:

Literally nothing the Raptors did was as bad as this chokejob or the Houston series. They usually lost to teams that were significantly better than them.

Curious whom you think some good candidates are if we move on from Doc? I think the most important quality we need to look for in a replacement coach is making adjustments in-game.
Billups

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#327 » by Kinger95 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:46 am

DieHardFan wrote:
JustWin wrote:
og15 wrote:So you are here to troll? First post on the Clippers board?

Karma for what exactly?

For Lawrence Frank scouting every Raps home game

For Kawhi using Drakes house to meet with Paul George during FA

For Kawhi basically walking away from running it back (which he likely would have).

It is what is is though

I dont understand you raptors guys. You should be thankful that Kawhi wasn't on your roster anymore. Haven't you see how he played?

He's also someone does shady things with his camp as you mentioned? WHy do you even bother that he's gonna running it back for your Raptors?

Raptors are playing in the east finals right now if kawhi stays. Good chance to go back to back. Kawhi leaves for “greener grass” now both teams are golfing... kawhi messed up for sure. Now he’s stuck with pandemic p doc rivers and no picks for the next half decade... yikes
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#328 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:48 am

SK21209 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

I mentioned Dimitris Itoudis as a good candidate back when we had Milos. He's one of the best coaches in Europe and people have been raving over him for years as a candidate that NBA teams should look at.

"If someone goes to the NBA, it would be Dimitris Itoudis or a coach of his generation," Vatutin said. "Itoudis is a smart and innovative coach with a talent to communicate with his players, and that's extremely important. But he is under contract next season, so I wouldn't let him go."

"Itoudis is one of top coaches in Europe and the best I've ever had," said Aaron Jackson, who played at Duquesne University and in the NBA Summer League before heading to Europe, where he suited up for Messina and Itoudis.

"He's always open to learning from his players. He can call a play, but if we change it, he will say, 'Cool, thanks. I'm learning from you guys, too.' Next day he adjusts and brings what we taught him to practice. His door is open 24/7."

"Itoudis doesn't dictate the team," said former NBA wingman and Euroleague star Sonny Weems. "He understands how and what players are thinking. He could come into the room and talk to us for hours about anything. That's what got us the best record in Europe and a 15-0 start, and that's the reason we were at the Final Four. I'm more comfortable with Itoudis than Messina because he believes in me."

Itoudis' coaching philosophy aligns with the new breed of NBA coaches, where talent management has as much to do with listening as it does preaching.

"I am experienced, determined and have a strong belief in my philosophy as a basketball coach," he said. "Being a leader is important, but not a dictator. I like to communicate with players and learn from them something new all the time, whether it's drills or plays. I've learned that I'm here to help lead players down the right path, and to be successful, it requires specific rules and roles."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2493427-european-hoops-notebook-who-will-be-the-next-david-blatt-to-descend-on-the-nba
Kinger95
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,730

Post#329 » by Kinger95 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:48 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

I'd be more positive if the Clippers didn't always find new and creative ways to humiliate their fans in the playoffs. It's hard to be overly positive about 50 years without even a conference finals appearance. I'm a "show and prove" type of guy, not a blind faith type of guy.

Someone should check on that ranma dude. Guy has been convinced the clips were gonna win it all since woj told everyone kawhi was going to the clips
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#330 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:52 am

Read on Twitter
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#331 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:54 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
SK21209 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Literally nothing the Raptors did was as bad as this chokejob or the Houston series. They usually lost to teams that were significantly better than them.

I mentioned Dimitris Itoudis as a good candidate back when we had Milos. He's one of the best coaches in Europe and people have been raving over him for years as a candidate that NBA teams should look at.

"If someone goes to the NBA, it would be Dimitris Itoudis or a coach of his generation," Vatutin said. "Itoudis is a smart and innovative coach with a talent to communicate with his players, and that's extremely important. But he is under contract next season, so I wouldn't let him go."

"Itoudis is one of top coaches in Europe and the best I've ever had," said Aaron Jackson, who played at Duquesne University and in the NBA Summer League before heading to Europe, where he suited up for Messina and Itoudis.

"He's always open to learning from his players. He can call a play, but if we change it, he will say, 'Cool, thanks. I'm learning from you guys, too.' Next day he adjusts and brings what we taught him to practice. His door is open 24/7."

"Itoudis doesn't dictate the team," said former NBA wingman and Euroleague star Sonny Weems. "He understands how and what players are thinking. He could come into the room and talk to us for hours about anything. That's what got us the best record in Europe and a 15-0 start, and that's the reason we were at the Final Four. I'm more comfortable with Itoudis than Messina because he believes in me."

Itoudis' coaching philosophy aligns with the new breed of NBA coaches, where talent management has as much to do with listening as it does preaching.

"I am experienced, determined and have a strong belief in my philosophy as a basketball coach," he said. "Being a leader is important, but not a dictator. I like to communicate with players and learn from them something new all the time, whether it's drills or plays. I've learned that I'm here to help lead players down the right path, and to be successful, it requires specific rules and roles."

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2493427-european-hoops-notebook-who-will-be-the-next-david-blatt-to-descend-on-the-nba

Absolutely no way these guys are going to trust a euro coach they don’t know. It’s likely someone coming out of retirement
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#332 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:59 am

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Fixing coaching is the first step. We don’t need major moves and I agree a playmaker, true backup C, and wing would do wonders

well actually you're blaming the Front Office here truth be told

I’m confident in the front office and the roster it built this season. This had little to do with the players the pieces were there but if you refuse to put them together and have agendas it won’t work. In truth we barely escaped the Dallas series because of injuries but we we continued to ignore issues and adjust.

I have complete faith in the front office they just have to remove the trash at the helm

Or it could be argued 180 degrees the other way---that Doc did the best he could with what EVERYBODY says is a FATALLY FLAWED ROSTER.

So which is it?

Hey, let the vultures pick the board for a week or a month as they gloat? Then us adults and real fans can trickle back after the vultures have picked over the bones of the deceased.

What was funny and oh so tragic was that Trezz was our leading scorer [20 points] and was only minus-8 while Zu was minus-10 and PG and Kawhi were minus-20.

We scored 18 points in the 3rd and 15 points in the 4th. Scapegoating Doc and Trezz is garbage.

You and I have often disagreed but usually respectfully. So have almost all of us. We're fans, and Clipper brothers.

So let's turn our board over to the garbage people who know nothing about basketball for a month or two? Seeya in a month or two and see where we are? I'm all for changes in the off-season--I agree with Quake completely--but I don't vulture on my own team until they're dead. :lol:

It's vulture etiquette!!
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
LACtdom
Sixth Man
And1: 341

Post#333 » by LACtdom » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:01 am

Would Sam Cassel as head coach be any better / different to Doc?

On a less serious note, I'll be interested to see if Frank Vogel still loses his job after the Lakers win the title.
I'd be happy if we got Frank and they let Jason Kidd run the show like they originally planned.
This team was built around our elite defenders... yet we let in easy buckets. A defensive minded coach like Vogel would be a nice change.
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#334 » by Captain Ballmer » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:02 am

Kinger95 wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:
JustWin wrote:
For Lawrence Frank scouting every Raps home game

For Kawhi using Drakes house to meet with Paul George during FA

For Kawhi basically walking away from running it back (which he likely would have).

It is what is is though

I dont understand you raptors guys. You should be thankful that Kawhi wasn't on your roster anymore. Haven't you see how he played?

He's also someone does shady things with his camp as you mentioned? WHy do you even bother that he's gonna running it back for your Raptors?

Raptors are playing in the east finals right now if kawhi stays. Good chance to go back to back. Kawhi leaves for “greener grass” now both teams are golfing... kawhi messed up for sure. Now he’s stuck with pandemic p doc rivers and no picks for the next half decade... yikes

Nope, that wasn't sure. I mean you are really disrespecting your own team. You were the champions because of Masai Ujiri, Nick Nurse and bunch of guys ready to sacrifice from themselves. Kawhi was just an expensive tool came in right there and fit in. You know that because you are still the same team without him. He's not a building block, just use and dispose guy.

Look at how much VanVleet, Lowry, Powell developed. It wouldn't be the case if they are all giving ball to Kawhi ans standing on the 3pt line watching him. OG Anunoby wouldn't be the same if he were in the team taking roles from him.

Back to Kawhi? That dude his own agenda, started to create after 2015. His shady tenure started from there and chase him anywhere he goes. I mean He was a problem in San Antonio Spurs, with f..in Gregg Popovich. You know whom you are going to bed with. HE cam with all his Load Management stuff, use your team elevate himself to the area where Durant-LBJ area without sacrifice-criticism. Then he decided to move LA, manipulate all 3 teams(we have been manipulated as well just like Lakers and Raptors) Look at how much we gave up for that Playoff P and his performance?

You should be thankful that Kawhi is not on your team to sabotage your future, hope for your young core the grow more in time. Lowry wasn't this guy when he played with Derozan, after his depart, he became the leader not Kawhi and hi sacrifice everyting since then.

Just Move on!
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#335 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:03 am

esqtvd wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
well actually you're blaming the Front Office here truth be told

I’m confident in the front office and the roster it built this season. This had little to do with the players the pieces were there but if you refuse to put them together and have agendas it won’t work. In truth we barely escaped the Dallas series because of injuries but we we continued to ignore issues and adjust.

I have complete faith in the front office they just have to remove the trash at the helm

Or it could be argued 180 degrees the other way---that Doc did the best he could with what EVERYBODY says is a FATALLY FLAWED ROSTER.

So which is it?

Hey, let the vultures pick the board for a week or a month as they gloat? Then us adults and real fans can trickle back after the vultures have picked over the bones of the deceased.

What was funny and oh so tragic was that Trezz was our leading scorer [20 points] and was only minus-8 while Zu was minus-10 and PG and Kawhi were minus-20.

We scored 18 points in the 3rd and 15 points in the 4th. Scapegoating Doc and Trezz is garbage.

You and I have often disagreed but usually respectfully. So have almost all of us. We're fans, and Clipper brothers.

So let's turn our board over to the garbage people who know nothing about basketball for a month or two? Seeya in a month or two and see where we are? I'm all for changes in the off-season--I agree with Quake completely--but I don't vulture on my own team until they're dead. :lol:

It's vulture etiquette!!

You were never a real fan you were a troll that tried to use +\- all season to derail and attack players to fit your agenda. When you were wrong you would backtrack act like it didn’t happen. You are not a clippers fan and you are for sure not superior to anyone here with your toxic attitude when fans and media were telling you that you were wrong and you still won’t admit it.

Please feel free to go away once Doc is fired. I’m sure if Doc is allowed to coach a rebuilding team he will do wonders. MTV can be extreme but you fail to see people don’t want you around either
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#336 » by esqtvd » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:10 am

Kinger95 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

Someone should check on that ranma dude. Guy has been convinced the clips were gonna win it all since woj told everyone kawhi was going to the clips

Ramna and I butted heads 98% of the time. He hates Doc too. BIGTIME. But he brought facts and wasn't abusive, repetitive or annoying. I know his name on Twitter but won't reveal it.

Hey Ramna--If you're reading this: You're OK with me bro--It takes one to know one. I still read you on Twitter. I just thought your negativity was a bad influence on the bad people here, so that's why I stood up to you. But I always respected you as an intellectually honest man.

Some people here think I like Doc Rivers!! They have not been listening. I understand him, that's all. :wink:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#337 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:12 am

esqtvd wrote:Or it could be argued 180 degrees the other way---that Doc did the best he could with what EVERYBODY says is a FATALLY FLAWED ROSTER.

You weren't calling this a "FATALLY FLAWED ROSTER" when it was assembled. You were touting how great it was - and douchebagging SGA for good measure:

esqtvd wrote:Look at the equation. Divide by half. We got PG AND Kawhi for that price.

Well spent. Crap first-round picks. #20+.

Kawhi and PG are still under 30. In their prime. Plus we kept our team. That won 48 games. Except for Shai. But he didn't win us no 48 games. He was on a #DocRiversScholarship. :lol:

I'm good.

viewtopic.php?p=77373453#p77373453

Just stop with the excuses. You were wrong about Doc. You have always been wrong about Doc.
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#338 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 am

Max Headrom wrote:

Bingo
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#339 » by TheNewEra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:16 am

LACtdom wrote:Would Sam Cassel as head coach be any better / different to Doc?

On a less serious note, I'll be interested to see if Frank Vogel still loses his job after the Lakers win the title.
I'd be happy if we got Frank and they let Jason Kidd run the show like they originally planned.
This team was built around our elite defenders... yet we let in easy buckets. A defensive minded coach like Vogel would be a nice change.

Vogel and his connection to PG would of been a good option
mttwlsn16
Head Coach
And1: 1,983

Post#340 » by mttwlsn16 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:17 am

TheNewEra wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
SK21209 wrote:

Absolutely no way these guys are going to trust a euro coach they don’t know. It’s likely someone coming out of retirement
It would be David Blatt 2.0

Return to Los Angeles Clippers