ImageImageImageImageImage

New Center

Moderators: QRich3, og15, TrueLAfan

James2000
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 7
Joined: Sep 18, 2020

Re: New Center 

Post#21 » by James2000 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:46 pm

I would try to get Allen from the nets
ejftw
Analyst
Posts: 3,729
And1: 588
Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Contact:
         

Re: New Center 

Post#22 » by ejftw » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:14 pm

It's almost criminal how underappreciated and rated Zu has become
Smitty is a Twitter snowflake
nickhx2
Head Coach
Posts: 7,304
And1: 3,522
Joined: Feb 13, 2014

Re: New Center 

Post#23 » by nickhx2 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:18 pm

ejftw wrote:It's almost criminal how underappreciated and rated Zu has become


agree. basketball has come such a long way in the age of advanced stats and analytics. i think that's generally more than enough to see how valuable he is to the team.
James2000
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 7
Joined: Sep 18, 2020

Re: New Center 

Post#24 » by James2000 » Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Here is the question... I understood that zubac is developing but let's look at this.... Game 5 and Game 6 he played at least 30 minutes each game and scored a total points of 7 combined in two games. I understand completely if this was the regular season but this is where money is supposed to be made.

I am not advocating trading him and more so, Harrell needs to be traded. However, this offseason he needs to be in the camp with the dream or some of the other games great big man.
Joshuan3
Junior
Posts: 395
And1: 35
Joined: Apr 15, 2010
Location: Toronto
Contact:
     

Re: New Center 

Post#25 » by Joshuan3 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:46 pm

Nerlens Noel and/or Bismack Biyombo would be perfect
James2000
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 7
Joined: Sep 18, 2020

Re: New Center 

Post#26 » by James2000 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Are they free agents? Also what would be the perfect trade?
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,450
And1: 13,900
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: New Center 

Post#27 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:52 pm

ejftw wrote:It's almost criminal how underappreciated and rated Zu has become

This. I've said this before, and it bears repeating: I see no reason why Zu can't develop into an All-Star and maybe even a DPOY contender. He has the intangibles, he has the work ethic, he gets better every season. All that's missing is a coach who actually trusts and believes in him. Doc treats Zu like VDN treated DJ. If this team finally grows a pair and makes a coaching change, Zu's stats will be way up next season and even casual fans will start to notice how good he is.
Image
DieHardFan
Junior
Posts: 329
And1: 224
Joined: Jul 14, 2015
Location: Istanbul
     

Re: New Center 

Post#28 » by DieHardFan » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:09 pm

James2000 wrote:Here is the question... I understood that zubac is developing but let's look at this.... Game 5 and Game 6 he played at least 30 minutes each game and scored a total points of 7 combined in two games. I understand completely if this was the regular season but this is where money is supposed to be made.

I am not advocating trading him and more so, Harrell needs to be traded. However, this offseason he needs to be in the camp with the dream or some of the other games great big man.


Zubac's offensive contrubitions wasn't the problem. The answer for your question is laying on the Twin İncident.

Markieff was the trash brother, never succeed to became a part of any team throughout his carrier, just cut by Detroit sometime in the season which also just traded Drummond away and playing without Griffin for injury. Guy was utterly trash that Thon Maker absorbed his minutes, than I guess Lakers made a move and get him. Now he's playing like a real deal.

Marcus was the real deal comparing to his brother early in their carriers, made himself a name in Detroit, signed with a playoff team Boston and became their starter, moreso even defended LBJ better than expected when they played against Cavs in 2018 Playoffs. Wanted to cash in, made a move to NYK to showcase himself&talents. He did show his offensive upside even tough the team was trash, happened to be traded by us costing a 1st round draft pick. Then Bubble happened, Marcus wasn't the real deal. He become the punk with Doncic&Millsap incidents. His performance significantly dropped in the last months.

So do you think this twins just replace with each other on the bubble? because that looks like the only logical explanation if you don't look at the details. Or real coaching and leadership&authority(happened to have By Lakers) makes many drastic changes on a very short time? I'll leave the answer for you and recommend not to judge Zubac quickly with his shortcomings.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,450
And1: 13,900
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: New Center 

Post#29 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:46 pm

On a side note, Trez mocked the Falcons for blowing that huge lead yesterday on Twitter. Apparently he's already forgotten the 3-1 lead that he and Doc just blew. :roll:
Image
James2000
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 7
Joined: Sep 18, 2020

Re: New Center 

Post#30 » by James2000 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:40 pm

DieHardFan wrote:
James2000 wrote:Here is the question... I understood that zubac is developing but let's look at this.... Game 5 and Game 6 he played at least 30 minutes each game and scored a total points of 7 combined in two games. I understand completely if this was the regular season but this is where money is supposed to be made.

I am not advocating trading him and more so, Harrell needs to be traded. However, this offseason he needs to be in the camp with the dream or some of the other games great big man.


Zubac's offensive contrubitions wasn't the problem. The answer for your question is laying on the Twin İncident.

Markieff was the trash brother, never succeed to became a part of any team throughout his carrier, just cut by Detroit sometime in the season which also just traded Drummond away and playing without Griffin for injury. Guy was utterly trash that Thon Maker absorbed his minutes, than I guess Lakers made a move and get him. Now he's playing like a real deal.

Marcus was the real deal comparing to his brother early in their carriers, made himself a name in Detroit, signed with a playoff team Boston and became their starter, moreso even defended LBJ better than expected when they played against Cavs in 2018 Playoffs. Wanted to cash in, made a move to NYK to showcase himself&talents. He did show his offensive upside even tough the team was trash, happened to be traded by us costing a 1st round draft pick. Then Bubble happened, Marcus wasn't the real deal. He become the punk with Doncic&Millsap incidents. His performance significantly dropped in the last months.

So do you think this twins just replace with each other on the bubble? because that looks like the only logical explanation if you don't look at the details. Or real coaching and leadership&authority(happened to have By Lakers) makes many drastic changes on a very short time? I'll leave the answer for you and recommend not to judge Zubac quickly with his shortcomings.


I understand completely that you see potential in Zubac. I think that eventually he would get there. However, if he stayed, he needs to get training heavily in the offseasons. I would say with some big man expert.
James2000
Freshman
Posts: 57
And1: 7
Joined: Sep 18, 2020

Re: New Center 

Post#31 » by James2000 » Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:46 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:On a side note, Trez mocked the Falcons for blowing that huge lead yesterday on Twitter. Apparently he's already forgotten the 3-1 lead that he and Doc just blew. :roll:


This is the reason why I am disappointed with the team and him. There is no remorse. They don't care about getting a championship. Care about money... they don't have the passion of a champion. I understand completely about Kawhi not caring because of the teammates
clipperlover
Sophomore
Posts: 248
And1: 149
Joined: Sep 10, 2019

Re: New Center 

Post#32 » by clipperlover » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:22 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:On a side note, Trez mocked the Falcons for blowing that huge lead yesterday on Twitter. Apparently he's already forgotten the 3-1 lead that he and Doc just blew. :roll:


I think he is giving a tell on where he is going next year. Hawks have more cap space than anyone. He could sign there outright. He may not be willing to work a sign and trade.
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 22,131
And1: 6,653
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: New Center 

Post#33 » by TheNewEra » Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:00 pm

clipperlover wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:On a side note, Trez mocked the Falcons for blowing that huge lead yesterday on Twitter. Apparently he's already forgotten the 3-1 lead that he and Doc just blew. :roll:


I think he is giving a tell on where he is going next year. Hawks have more cap space than anyone. He could sign there outright. He may not be willing to work a sign and trade.


Still likely to be Toronto imo but as long as it’s not here
Roscoe Sheed
General Manager
Posts: 8,225
And1: 2,056
Joined: May 01, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: New Center 

Post#34 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:31 am

TheNewEra wrote:
clipperlover wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:On a side note, Trez mocked the Falcons for blowing that huge lead yesterday on Twitter. Apparently he's already forgotten the 3-1 lead that he and Doc just blew. :roll:


I think he is giving a tell on where he is going next year. Hawks have more cap space than anyone. He could sign there outright. He may not be willing to work a sign and trade.


Still likely to be Toronto imo but as long as it’s not here

knowing the Clippers luck, if they suddenly made a breakthrough and got to the finals- the Raptors would be there waiting for them and Harrell would average 25 points a game and shatter their dreams! It seems like guys always remember it when the Clippers slight them- Ingles and MPJ are two examples of guys that seem to want to prove a point whenever they play them
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,450
And1: 13,900
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: New Center 

Post#35 » by MartinToVaught » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:00 pm

Trez wouldn't even see the court outside of garbage time for the Raptors. He doesn't play defense, so Nurse wouldn't play him at all.
Image
NoZoLakers
Head Coach
Posts: 7,237
And1: 2,479
Joined: May 20, 2017

Re: New Center 

Post#36 » by NoZoLakers » Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:53 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
ejftw wrote:It's almost criminal how underappreciated and rated Zu has become

This. I've said this before, and it bears repeating: I see no reason why Zu can't develop into an All-Star and maybe even a DPOY contender. He has the intangibles, he has the work ethic, he gets better every season. All that's missing is a coach who actually trusts and believes in him. Doc treats Zu like VDN treated DJ. If this team finally grows a pair and makes a coaching change, Zu's stats will be way up next season and even casual fans will start to notice how good he is.

i never saw this type of potential, hes very efficient cause he lets others do for him, if you guys try to feature him in the post your team is going to suffer imo, on D he is very good shot blocker but he is slow n u athletic, hes exact type of C teams will look to attack on PnR switches
Roscoe Sheed
General Manager
Posts: 8,225
And1: 2,056
Joined: May 01, 2007
Location: Los Angeles

Re: New Center 

Post#37 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Sep 26, 2020 8:59 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:Trez wouldn't even see the court outside of garbage time for the Raptors. He doesn't play defense, so Nurse wouldn't play him at all.

I get that, but Toronto would somehow turn him into a serviceable defender
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 22,131
And1: 6,653
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: New Center 

Post#38 » by TheNewEra » Sun Sep 27, 2020 2:02 am

Look at how McGee situation in order for them to win. McGee was on a championship team and he still got bench for the better of the team. Doc is so trash for how he handled the Harrell situation and he won’t even be on the team next year so what’s the point
TrueLAfan
Senior Mod - Clippers
Senior Mod - Clippers
Posts: 7,613
And1: 595
Joined: Apr 11, 2001

Re: New Center 

Post#39 » by TrueLAfan » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:38 pm

Look … guys … I don’t want to be a jerk about this, but we thought Harrell was fabulous two months ago. Two. Months. Ago. His play didn’t have any dropoff during the regular season. He was 6MOY. All this talk about how he’s “gone”—slow down. Stop and think. Is Trezz limited as a player? Yes. Is he, when playing well, extremely valuable? Again, yes. Has he had injury issues? No. Is he old or past his prime? No.

Is that really someone we want to give up on that fast?

I hated Trezz’s bubble play—but I also think it might make it easier to resign him or sign-and-trade him. The cut in revenue is going to hurt FA salaries this year. Trezz could end up being quite the bargain. Keeping Montrezl Harrell for $10-12 million a year would be a smart move, IMO. Trading him for someone valuable with that 10-12 million would/could also be a smart move, IMO. Just wanted to point that out.
Image
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,450
And1: 13,900
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: New Center 

Post#40 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:44 pm

TrueLAfan wrote:Look … guys … I don’t want to be a jerk about this, but we thought Harrell was fabulous two months ago. Two. Months. Ago.

That's not true. People were already furious about Trez playing more than Zu in the regular season. Some of us were saying he needed to be traded at the deadline and that relying on him in the playoffs would be a disaster.

His stats in the regular season looked good, but at the end of the day, he's an undersized center who can't defend or rebound. Everything about his game is regular season only.
Image

Return to Los Angeles Clippers