ImageImageImageImageImage

Doc out!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: QRich3, og15, TrueLAfan

NickP
Sophomore
Posts: 213
And1: 93
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#141 » by NickP » Mon Oct 5, 2020 9:38 pm

Really doc. Would you like Bird, MJ and Magic to come out of retirement and play for you? That's even better talent. LMFAO. You'd think the sixers signed PJ.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30047589/doc-rivers-says-76ers-talent-reasons-took-coaching-job
User avatar
stormi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,567
And1: 1,121
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: howdy
     

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#142 » by stormi » Mon Oct 5, 2020 9:43 pm

DieHardFan wrote:I'm just sorry for Sixers Fans. Their FO just let Jimmy Butler out of their hand to overpay Tobias Harris, and now they hire the coach that can't close games. So outdated.


Didn't your FO trade 5+ 1sts and a future star guard to pair (and neutralize) the reining FMVP with Paul George. It's literally only downhill from here, the Thunder are gonna be eating like the Celtics when Kawhi inevitably leaves next summer.

Not so sunny in Inglewood or Philadelphia
nickhx2
Head Coach
Posts: 7,304
And1: 3,522
Joined: Feb 13, 2014

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#143 » by nickhx2 » Mon Oct 5, 2020 9:51 pm

lmao this dude's so mad
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,450
And1: 13,900
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#144 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Oct 5, 2020 11:06 pm

The football version of Doc has also been fired:

Read on Twitter


Not a good couple weeks for overrated, arrogant, underachieving coaches.
Image
DieHardFan
Junior
Posts: 329
And1: 224
Joined: Jul 14, 2015
Location: Istanbul
     

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#145 » by DieHardFan » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:04 am

stormi wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:I'm just sorry for Sixers Fans. Their FO just let Jimmy Butler out of their hand to overpay Tobias Harris, and now they hire the coach that can't close games. So outdated.


Didn't your FO trade 5+ 1sts and a future star guard to pair (and neutralize) the reining FMVP with Paul George. It's literally only downhill from here, the Thunder are gonna be eating like the Celtics when Kawhi inevitably leaves next summer.

Not so sunny in Inglewood or Philadelphia


We can see the sunshine with the right coaching choice sooner rather than later. That's what makes it feel good about not have to care about Doc and his shortcomings anymore.
User avatar
stormi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,567
And1: 1,121
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: howdy
     

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#146 » by stormi » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:37 am

DieHardFan wrote:
stormi wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:I'm just sorry for Sixers Fans. Their FO just let Jimmy Butler out of their hand to overpay Tobias Harris, and now they hire the coach that can't close games. So outdated.


Didn't your FO trade 5+ 1sts and a future star guard to pair (and neutralize) the reining FMVP with Paul George. It's literally only downhill from here, the Thunder are gonna be eating like the Celtics when Kawhi inevitably leaves next summer.

Not so sunny in Inglewood or Philadelphia


We can see the sunshine with the right coaching choice sooner rather than later. That's what makes it feel good about not have to care about Doc and his shortcomings anymore.


Where's the sunshine with a roster with no youth, no draft picks, no loyal stars and a bunch of toxic and delusional role players that think they're better than the man that ownership invested everything in. Doc got out and Kawhi is probably leaving next. And then what.
DieHardFan
Junior
Posts: 329
And1: 224
Joined: Jul 14, 2015
Location: Istanbul
     

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#147 » by DieHardFan » Tue Oct 6, 2020 12:16 pm

stormi wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:
stormi wrote:
Didn't your FO trade 5+ 1sts and a future star guard to pair (and neutralize) the reining FMVP with Paul George. It's literally only downhill from here, the Thunder are gonna be eating like the Celtics when Kawhi inevitably leaves next summer.

Not so sunny in Inglewood or Philadelphia


We can see the sunshine with the right coaching choice sooner rather than later. That's what makes it feel good about not have to care about Doc and his shortcomings anymore.


Where's the sunshine with a roster with no youth, no draft picks, no loyal stars and a bunch of toxic and delusional role players that think they're better than the man that ownership invested everything in. Doc got out and Kawhi is probably mediocrity leaving the Clippers organization after that. and then what Clippers will find a coach puts authority to the locker room instead of being their mother, creates gameplans fed by analythics and adjusts the rosters strength by matchup basis instead of playing favorites. This will make that team complete and their switch will on.

Corrected.
NickP
Sophomore
Posts: 213
And1: 93
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#148 » by NickP » Tue Oct 6, 2020 3:23 pm

stormi wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:
stormi wrote:
Didn't your FO trade 5+ 1sts and a future star guard to pair (and neutralize) the reining FMVP with Paul George. It's literally only downhill from here, the Thunder are gonna be eating like the Celtics when Kawhi inevitably leaves next summer.

Not so sunny in Inglewood or Philadelphia


We can see the sunshine with the right coaching choice sooner rather than later. That's what makes it feel good about not have to care about Doc and his shortcomings anymore.


Where's the sunshine with a roster with no youth, no draft picks, no loyal stars and a bunch of toxic and delusional role players that think they're better than the man that ownership invested everything in. Doc got out and Kawhi is probably leaving next. And then what.

Kawhi and PG are not going anywhere. Zu and Morris will stay. The Clippers need a decent ball handling PG who can make good decisions.
The new coach would have a lot to do with this. A new system would integrate Kawhi and PG better with better chemistry.
User avatar
stormi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,567
And1: 1,121
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: howdy
     

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#149 » by stormi » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:01 pm

NickP wrote:
stormi wrote:
DieHardFan wrote:
We can see the sunshine with the right coaching choice sooner rather than later. That's what makes it feel good about not have to care about Doc and his shortcomings anymore.


Where's the sunshine with a roster with no youth, no draft picks, no loyal stars and a bunch of toxic and delusional role players that think they're better than the man that ownership invested everything in. Doc got out and Kawhi is probably leaving next. And then what.

Kawhi and PG are not going anywhere. Zu and Morris will stay. The Clippers need a decent ball handling PG who can make good decisions.
The new coach would have a lot to do with this. A new system would integrate Kawhi and PG better with better chemistry.


A ball handling pg is super essential. You aren't winning with a Beverley/Williams/Jackson type backcourt and Kawhi has always needed someone to run his offense (Lowry/FVV/Parker). From an outsiders perspective Kawhi looked absolutely miserable this year, I think a repeat and he's probably out of here. One the bright side y'all get one last chance at glory but with those reports coming out about the extreme disconnect between PG and the rest of the roster moments after game 7 it's looking really odd and like a roster with no synergy or clear leadership.

West also going to be really tough next year, Warriors back with Steph/Klay and the 2nd pick, Denver/Mavs improving, Lebron.

Jerry needs to be aggressive but also not make more Marcus Morris type trades. I'd be after CP3.
NickP
Sophomore
Posts: 213
And1: 93
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#150 » by NickP » Tue Oct 6, 2020 6:24 pm

stormi wrote:
NickP wrote:
stormi wrote:
Where's the sunshine with a roster with no youth, no draft picks, no loyal stars and a bunch of toxic and delusional role players that think they're better than the man that ownership invested everything in. Doc got out and Kawhi is probably leaving next. And then what.

Kawhi and PG are not going anywhere. Zu and Morris will stay. The Clippers need a decent ball handling PG who can make good decisions.
The new coach would have a lot to do with this. A new system would integrate Kawhi and PG better with better chemistry.


A ball handling pg is super essential. You aren't winning with a Beverley/Williams/Jackson type backcourt and Kawhi has always needed someone to run his offense (Lowry/FVV/Parker). From an outsiders perspective Kawhi looked absolutely miserable this year, I think a repeat and he's probably out of here. One the bright side y'all get one last chance at glory but with those reports coming out about the extreme disconnect between PG and the rest of the roster moments after game 7 it's looking really odd and like a roster with no synergy or clear leadership.

West also going to be really tough next year, Warriors back with Steph/Klay and the 2nd pick, Denver/Mavs improving, Lebron.

Jerry needs to be desperate but also not make more Marcus Morris type trades. I'd be after CP3 desperately.

Good points. I think Trez and Lou had issues with how Doc was handling PG and Kawhi. More PG because they thought PG hadn't earned that yet.
User avatar
stormi
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,567
And1: 1,121
Joined: Jun 04, 2019
Location: howdy
     

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#151 » by stormi » Tue Oct 6, 2020 7:38 pm

NickP wrote:
stormi wrote:
NickP wrote:Kawhi and PG are not going anywhere. Zu and Morris will stay. The Clippers need a decent ball handling PG who can make good decisions.
The new coach would have a lot to do with this. A new system would integrate Kawhi and PG better with better chemistry.


A ball handling pg is super essential. You aren't winning with a Beverley/Williams/Jackson type backcourt and Kawhi has always needed someone to run his offense (Lowry/FVV/Parker). From an outsiders perspective Kawhi looked absolutely miserable this year, I think a repeat and he's probably out of here. One the bright side y'all get one last chance at glory but with those reports coming out about the extreme disconnect between PG and the rest of the roster moments after game 7 it's looking really odd and like a roster with no synergy or clear leadership.

West also going to be really tough next year, Warriors back with Steph/Klay and the 2nd pick, Denver/Mavs improving, Lebron.

Jerry needs to be desperate but also not make more Marcus Morris type trades. I'd be after CP3 desperately.

Good points. I think Trez and Lou had issues with how Doc was handling PG and Kawhi. More PG because they thought PG hadn't earned that yet.


Yea when you've blown 3-1 leads multiple times, it's literally on coaching. Like you had the talent to win and had proven it multiple times over in a series and just got figured out and couldn't adjust. He's probably just a front runner that can only win with stacked rosters.
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 22,131
And1: 6,653
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#152 » by TheNewEra » Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:42 am

Wish Ballmer could fire Doc again and do a press conference on why he did it. Look at Vogel doing whatever it takes to win
User avatar
donemilio21
Starter
Posts: 2,159
And1: 299
Joined: Aug 20, 2009
Location: Santa Barbara
   

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#153 » by donemilio21 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:25 pm

Can we fire him again? Look how he went on a new job and we are here forced to watch Lakers to win a championship when it should have been us.
Clemenza
Starter
Posts: 2,286
And1: 1,628
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#154 » by Clemenza » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:22 pm

NickP wrote:
stormi wrote:
NickP wrote:Kawhi and PG are not going anywhere. Zu and Morris will stay. The Clippers need a decent ball handling PG who can make good decisions.
The new coach would have a lot to do with this. A new system would integrate Kawhi and PG better with better chemistry.


A ball handling pg is super essential. You aren't winning with a Beverley/Williams/Jackson type backcourt and Kawhi has always needed someone to run his offense (Lowry/FVV/Parker). From an outsiders perspective Kawhi looked absolutely miserable this year, I think a repeat and he's probably out of here. One the bright side y'all get one last chance at glory but with those reports coming out about the extreme disconnect between PG and the rest of the roster moments after game 7 it's looking really odd and like a roster with no synergy or clear leadership.

West also going to be really tough next year, Warriors back with Steph/Klay and the 2nd pick, Denver/Mavs improving, Lebron.

Jerry needs to be desperate but also not make more Marcus Morris type trades. I'd be after CP3 desperately.

Good points. I think Trez and Lou had issues with how Doc was handling PG and Kawhi. More PG because they thought PG hadn't earned that yet.

Earned what though? PG isn't a rookie. He's been a multiple all star and Team USA player for years. If Lou could've given us at least one of those 20-30 point outburst against the Nuggets we make the WCF. And Trez was a shell of himself the entire bubble. I mean I get it if they were babied especially Kawhi but these two are far from being team leaders
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,450
And1: 13,900
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#155 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Oct 12, 2020 10:30 pm

The irony of Trez complaining about favoritism is incredible when he was favored over Zu all season.
Image

Return to Los Angeles Clippers