Doc out!!!!!!!!!

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Re: Doc out!!!!!!!!! 

Post#521 » by ejftw » Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:25 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Up 30 with 4 minutes to go with his starters still in the game. Smh, I guess Doc is gonna Doc no matter what

Mr C: It appears you didn't see the game or at least switched the channel after the game was in hand—the Sixers were in cruise mode. No diving for balls, taking charges etc. But Nick Nurse still had his starters in. You wait 'til the other coach waves the white flag. That's how it's done.

TOR couldn't come back to win but you don't put in your pathetic bench and piss away a 30+ point STATEMENT win. A much needed STATEMENT win after all the BS flying around the Philadelphia media, not just on Doc but Harden and Tobias too.

And all the biotches back in ClipperLand too and you know who they are :lol:

Read on Twitter

If you have ambitions of winning the next series, you don't wait for the team that is about to be eliminated to pull your own starters.

They have nothing left to play for, an injury to them wouldn't be damning.

But to you, it would.

Yes, Siakam is the one who threw the elbow, but Embiid should never have been in that situation.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#522 » by NickP » Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:19 pm

ejftw wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Up 30 with 4 minutes to go with his starters still in the game. Smh, I guess Doc is gonna Doc no matter what

Mr C: It appears you didn't see the game or at least switched the channel after the game was in hand—the Sixers were in cruise mode. No diving for balls, taking charges etc. But Nick Nurse still had his starters in. You wait 'til the other coach waves the white flag. That's how it's done.

TOR couldn't come back to win but you don't put in your pathetic bench and piss away a 30+ point STATEMENT win. A much needed STATEMENT win after all the BS flying around the Philadelphia media, not just on Doc but Harden and Tobias too.

Read on Twitter

If you have ambitions of winning the next series, you don't wait for the team that is about to be eliminated to pull your own starters.

But to you, it would.

Yes, Siakam is the one who threw the elbow, but Embiid should never have been in that situation.

Exactly. When you're up by THAT MUCH? Take your damn starters out. An elbow, landing on someone's foot, getting poked in the eye. These are all unnecessary injuries that most smart coaches would avoid.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#523 » by esqtvd » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:32 pm

ejftw wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Read on Twitter

But to you, it would.

that's a very brave opinion in hindsight but not really responsive to what I actually wrote

the Sixers were in cruise mode. No diving for balls, taking charges etc.

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
ejftw
General Manager

Post#524 » by ejftw » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:35 pm

Winning by 30 or winning by 20 or 10 wouldn't matter. If you are a "great coach," you don't view a victory in the first round, against a team you were favorites against as a statement.

And you sure as hell wouldn't keep a player that has had past injury concerns in the game. Sure, the injury was due to a dirty play by Siakam, but the fact is, Embiid isn't a Marcin Gortat, and risking him getting hurt to beat Toronto by 30 instead of 20 is the definition of a bad coaching job
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#525 » by esqtvd » Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:41 pm

thank you but still not responsive

can't argue with hindsight because it's 100% except you clearly weren't watching the game

ejftw
General Manager

Post#526 » by ejftw » Sun May 1, 2022 12:54 am

What part of hindsight is needed?

Up 27 with 4 minutes to go isn't a situation where you keep your injury prone big man in the game.

There is not a single reason for Embiid to have been on the court. Nor Tobias. Nor Harden.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Post#527 » by Kelphus » Sun May 1, 2022 3:30 am

Please mods kill this thread before it kills me out of boredom.
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 533

Blatant OT attempt 

Post#528 » by Kelphus » Sun May 1, 2022 3:31 am

Kershaw all time Dodger strike out leader!
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#529 » by esqtvd » Sun May 1, 2022 4:03 am

ejftw wrote:What part of hindsight is needed?

Up 27 with 4 minutes to go isn't a situation where you keep your injury prone big man in the game.

There is not a single reason for Embiid to have been on the court. Nor Tobias. Nor Harden.

asked and answered TWICE and still not responded to

Yes, one can play helicopter mom and guard against any freak 0.001% occurrence like this but I watched the Sixers all year and I watched this game so I can't really debate it with people who didn't.
ejftw
General Manager

Post#530 » by ejftw » Sun May 1, 2022 4:07 am

Yeah, let's keep an injury prone player on the court with four minutes to go and almost up 30!

Also, dunking and then majorly celebrating isn't quite cruise mode.

But man, if you need a statement win in the first round of the playoffs, you must be a pretty average coach. No good or great coach looks for a first round statement win when they are favorites.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#531 » by esqtvd » Sun May 1, 2022 6:39 am

ejftw wrote:Yeah, let's keep an injury prone player on the court with four minutes to go and almost up 30!

It certainly IS cruise mode!! And the injury had NOTHING to do with Embiid's injury history!

proving my point exactly thank you--petty agenda scapegoating

Yes, one can play helicopter mom and guard against any freak 0.001% occurrence like this but I watched the Sixers all year and I watched this game so I can't really debate it with people who didn't.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Post#532 » by nickhx2 » Sun May 1, 2022 7:04 am

ejftw wrote:Yeah, let's keep an injury prone player on the court with four minutes to go and almost up 30!

But man, if you need a statement win in the first round of the playoffs, you must be a pretty average coach. No good or great coach looks for a first round statement win when they are favorites.

lol, you know, maybe it's just me but i would think a statement win (or series win) would be demolishing a team 4-0 or running up the score in a blowout win with your starters glued to the bench by the end of the 3rd quarter.

i think it was pretty clear that doc was trying to make sure no funny business happened and that he just didn't lose - which, in all honesty, is what he should have been trying to do because the cost of losing that game has basically unlimited ramifications. he's literally the last person on the planet who would want to see it go to game 7. and i think for clear reasons.

and if all that is the case then you can't both try to make sure you don't mess up, while at the same time have a statement win - they'd be mutually exclusive.
ejftw
General Manager

Post#533 » by ejftw » Sun May 1, 2022 12:42 pm

Pasting the same wall of text that's already been replied too just shows that there is no argument to have kept your injury prone star in the game.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#534 » by NickP » Sun May 1, 2022 2:46 pm

Kelphus wrote:Please mods kill this thread before it kills me out of boredom.

Wonder who is pointing what kind of gun to your head to actually click on this thread and post.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#535 » by esqtvd » Sun May 1, 2022 8:44 pm

ejftw wrote:Pasting the same wall of text that's already been replied too just shows that there is no argument to have kept your injury prone star in the game.

My argument was NOT responded to. It was ignored and shouted down. With the same non-argument over and over.

It certainly IS cruise mode!! And the injury had NOTHING to do with Embiid's injury history!

proving my point exactly thank you--petty agenda scapegoating
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#536 » by esqtvd » Sun May 1, 2022 8:48 pm

Kelphus wrote:Please mods kill this thread before it kills me out of boredom.

Yes. Since Doc has been gone for YEARS now, it should at least be marked OFF-TOPIC. Nothing to do with the Clippers.

It would be the same if some deranged Blake hater revived a Blake thread every time he missed a shot.
ejftw
General Manager

Post#537 » by ejftw » Mon May 2, 2022 2:25 am

Whatever makes you feel Brodie, but if you are a coach, who needs to make a statement win, in the first round, in a series you were favored to win, then, you simply aren't a good coach. Especially if, in the process of said statement win, you keep an injury prone star on the hardwood.

But hey, at least the snake oil salesman has an excuse for the next round
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#538 » by esqtvd » Mon May 2, 2022 4:47 am

ejftw wrote:if you are a coach, who needs to make a statement win, in the first round, in a series you were favored to win, then, you simply aren't a good coach. Especially if, in the process of said statement win, you keep an injury prone star on the hardwood.

A much needed STATEMENT win after all the BS flying around the Philadelphia media, not just on Doc but Harden and Tobias too. The team is about 25 games old after the trade and struggled for 20 of them. The team's spirits were visibly higher--entering a series they are expected to lose anyway, everything helps.

Yes, one can play helicopter mom and guard against any freak 0.001% occurrence like this but I watched the Sixers all year and I watched this game so I can't really debate it with people who clearly didn't.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#539 » by wco81 » Tue May 3, 2022 12:13 am

Wow if 76ers get eliminated because of Embids injury, 76ers fans should be livid.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#540 » by esqtvd » Tue May 3, 2022 12:22 am

wco81 wrote:Wow if 76ers get eliminated because of Embids injury, 76ers fans should be livid.

They are predicted to lose either way. And it's called Negadelphia for a reason. :wink: They chased Andy Reid out of town too...

You're about 3 pages too late to the party. Perhaps you'd like to catch up first before you add gasoline to the fire?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers