ImageImageImageImageImage

Playas vs Ballers

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Playas vs Ballers 

Post#1 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:51 am

Playas play, Ballers win. Anyone who's even played some serious pickup ball can tell the difference. Magic, Bird--ballers. Sorry Kareem and DrJ--you were playas. And I really hate saying anything nice about Kobe or Bron--but they BALL.

As a musician, same. Players play, musicians make music. Jeff Beck vs Eric Clapton. Clapton had like 4 great bands and Jeff Beck = 0...

This is what Kawhi meant by the Clippers lack of "Basketball IQ." He is out there on a floor full of basketball morons. Unless something changes, he's OUTTA here come next summer.

That's the fact. He is not going to stay with the Clips to snarf up a few excess millions. Phoenix is an hour by plane from his home in San Diego and he can go there next year and get to play with Chris Paul.

It's not even a question of selfishness--it's a state of mind. Kawhi f*ked up. PG is a playa. Jimmy Butler is a baller. The Clippers FO f*ked up bigtime too. We could have had Jimmy Butler for FREE instead of trading away our draft picks for the next 100 years. PLUS Shai. Kawhi would definitely have signed with us if we had Butler on the hook.

Clippers now have no ballers except Kawhi. NONE.

The irony is that Lob City had a half-dozen. CP, BG, DJ and JJ all balled. Barnes balled. Even Austin balled. That's where I'm coming from at the moment. Lob City never quit on me and I never quit on them. But last year's Clippers quit on each other, quit on their coach, quit on Ballmer who treated them like gold, quit on all of us. Quit on themselves.

Name a baller on the roster. Go ahead. Tell us it would have come out just the same if the FO had got Butler instead? :wink:

Playa vs Baller. PG was the wrong call and it was the FO who made it. And there it is...
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Re: Playas vs Ballers 

Post#2 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:43 am

esqtvd wrote:He is out there on a floor full of basketball morons.

The biggest basketball moron was the coach, hence why he was fired.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#3 » by NickP » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:45 pm

esqtvd wrote:Playas play, Ballers win. Anyone who's even played some serious pickup ball can tell the difference. Magic, Bird--ballers. Sorry Kareem and DrJ--you were playas. And I really hate saying anything nice about Kobe or Bron--but they BALL.

As a musician, same. Players play, musicians make music. Jeff Beck vs Eric Clapton. Clapton had like 4 great bands and Jeff Beck = 0...

This is what Kawhi meant by the Clippers lack of "Basketball IQ." He is out there on a floor full of basketball morons. Unless something changes, he's OUTTA here come next summer.

That's the fact. He is not going to stay with the Clips to snarf up a few excess millions. Phoenix is an hour by plane from his home in San Diego and he can go there next year and get to play with Chris Paul.

It's not even a question of selfishness--it's a state of mind. Kawhi f*ked up. PG is a playa. Jimmy Butler is a baller. The Clippers FO f*ked up bigtime too. We could have had Jimmy Butler for FREE instead of trading away our draft picks for the next 100 years. PLUS Shai. Kawhi would definitely have signed with us if we had Butler on the hook.

The irony is that Lob City had a half-dozen. CP, BG, DJ and JJ all balled. Barnes balled. Even Austin balled. That's where I'm coming from at the moment. Lob City never quit on me and I never quit on them. But last year's Clippers quit on each other, quit on their coach, quit on Ballmer who treated them like gold, quit on all of us. Quit on themselves.

Name a baller on the roster. Go ahead. Tell us it would have come out just the same if the FO had got Butler instead? :wink:

Playa vs Baller. PG was the wrong call and it was the FO who made it. And there it is...

Dude, ever since Doc was fired, you've been laying down one crazy theory on top of other crazy theories.
So by your summation, Kawhi and Doc were the only "Ballas" and the rest were "Playas"?
When did you happen to bump into this epiphany? After the game 7 loss?
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#4 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:01 pm

The "epiphany" came as soon as Doc got fired. Esqtvd now hates the whole team (except for his boy Trez, of course) and wants them to fail because he thinks it will vindicate Doc. It's truly pathetic trolling.

The funniest part of this thread is him pretending that Austin (a net-negative player for his entire career) is a "baller." Meanwhile, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar (a legitimate GOAT contender with six rings) was just a "playa." :roll:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#5 » by esqtvd » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:20 pm

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:Playas play, Ballers win. Anyone who's even played some serious pickup ball can tell the difference. Magic, Bird--ballers. Sorry Kareem and DrJ--you were playas. And I really hate saying anything nice about Kobe or Bron--but they BALL.

Dude, ever since Doc was fired, you've been laying down one crazy theory on top of other crazy theories.
So by your summation, Kawhi and Doc were the only "Ballas" and the rest were "Playas"?
When did you happen to bump into this epiphany? After the game 7 loss?

Unresponsive. I'm not talking about Doc in the least. Only the trolls are. Doc is gone and the problems remain, and everyone in the outside world knows it.

Damn right I'm on about the most disgusting performance by two superstars in a Game 7 in NBA history. Anybody who isn't, is fooling themselves. The Clippers' weaknesses were stripped bare, not only Kawhi and PG but every single "role player" as well.

Now tell me that you honestly believe things would have come out the same if Jimmy Butler were here instead of "Playoff P." That's what this post is about. There's playas and then there's ballers, and that doesn't come as news to anybody who knows the game.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#6 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:33 pm

"The draft is the life blood of an organization"
- Jerome Alan West.

^^^^
This was poo pooed all last summer.

Now we got threads about Kawhi, an FA (read: not the lifeblood of the Clipper's org) leaving.
Lol.

These narrow minded and myopic moves were great when they were helping doc's myopic "win now" garbage. Now all of a sudden they're the worst moves in the world.

Nah bro.
Not from you. Just hold the L. You were wrong....in a big way.
No hate. Just calling a spade a spade.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#7 » by esqtvd » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:45 am

Quake Griffin wrote:"The draft is the life blood of an organization"
- Jerome Alan West.

^^^^

Now we got threads about Kawhi, an FA (read: not the lifeblood of the Clipper's org) leaving.
Lol.

These narrow minded and myopic moves were great when they were helping doc's myopic "win now" garbage. Now all of a sudden they're the worst moves in the world.

Nah bro.

Kawhi was Doc's idea and not Ballmer's and the org's? Doc sent Lawrence Frank to stalk Kawhi every game of 2018?

Guess Doc was never fired as head honcho after all. :wink:
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by NickP » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:43 am

LMAO at KAJ not a baller and Kawhi is going to leave after next season.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#9 » by esqtvd » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:48 am

NickP wrote:LMAO at KAJ not a baller and Kawhi is going to leave after next season.

you dodged the question :wink: and the front office surely is not laughing its ass off about Kawhi staying
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Keep that Same Energy 

Post#10 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:40 pm

esqtvd wrote:
- Jerome Alan West.

^^^^

Lol.

Nah bro.

Kawhi was Doc's idea and not Ballmer's and the org's? Doc sent Lawrence Frank to stalk Kawhi every game of 2018?

Post was about you - not the Clippers org. How you supported each one of these garbage moves because it meant we could "win now" with Doc.

-__-

Don't poo poo these moves now. Love them just like you did back then. Talk about how all the meaningless picks were worth it to get George if it meant Kawhi was coming.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Re: Keep that Same Energy 

Post#11 » by esqtvd » Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:03 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
- Jerome Alan West.

^^^^

Lol.

Nah bro.

Post was about you - not the Clippers org. How you supported each one of these garbage moves because it meant we could "win now" with Doc.

-__-

Don't poo poo these moves now. Love them just like you did back then. Talk about how all the meaningless picks were worth it to get George if it meant Kawhi was coming.

Oh, so you want to get personal on me too, lol. Well, let's try to suss this out like adults anyway:

Actually, I blame Lee Jenkins. :wink:

Here's the actual point I've been making that gets lost in all the cheap scapegoating--it wasn't so much that Lou-Trezz failed. [And it certainly did, although to ignore Trezz's virtual breakdown at the death of his beloved grandmother as well as missing 5 months of basketball is cementheaded on every level.]

No, the problem is that the team had no resources--either in the head or in the heart--to make up for Trezz's collapse. We had become far too dependent on the Lou & Trezz Show for too many minutes and for too many points. You can blame the coach if you want--I blame the makeup of the roster and the lack of head and heart on the part of the remaining players.

Getting a real scorer in Kennard and giving up on Landry is an acknowledgement of that. But I think the underlying problems remain. Trezz is probably not long for LAC, Lou is being dangled, and we still have a shortage of guys who can step up and put the ball in the hole. And that's not even getting into the chemistry problem--which is what I blame for our collapse against the Nuggets, not Xs and Os.

Our superstars are not leaders, but not only that, in Game 7 our BEST players were the WORST players on the floor. I don't know how a team recovers from that just by rearranging some spare parts...
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#12 » by Quake Griffin » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:25 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

-__-

Oh, so you want to get personal on me too, lol. Well, let's try to suss this out like adults anyway:

Here's the actual point I've been making that gets lost in all the cheap scapegoating--it wasn't so much that Lou-Trezz failed. [And it certainly did, although to ignore Trezz's virtual breakdown at the death of his beloved grandmother as well as missing 5 months of basketball is cementheaded on every level.]

No, the problem is that the team had no resources--either in the head or in the heart--to make up for Trezz's collapse. We had become far too dependent on the Lou & Trezz Show for too many minutes and for too many points. You can blame the coach if you want--I blame the makeup of the roster and the lack of head and heart on the part of the remaining players.

Getting a real scorer in Kennard and giving up on Landry is an acknowledgement of that. But I think the underlying problems remain. Trezz is probably not long for LAC, Lou is being dangled, and we still have a shortage of guys who can step up and put the ball in the hole. And that's not even getting into the chemistry problem--which is what I blame for our collapse against the Nuggets, not Xs and Os.

Our superstars are not leaders, but not only that, in Game 7 our BEST players were the WORST players on the floor. I don't know how a team recovers from that just by rearranging some spare parts...

And there was no problem with pointing out this dynamic during last offseason or during the season.

That somehow, you are morally superior because you will "d-bag" them in a loss/ after the season (and after your favorite coach is fired) and not during the season is lame. It's actually kinda worse given all the "we're gonna win this thing" and "sit back and enjoy the best season in Clipper history" stuff you talked all season as it just looks like you are kicking the org while it's down. Also looks like it's vindictive because you are bitter about Doc.

These flaws were here last offseason and they were here all season. Finally caught up with us and our mediocre basketball coach.
L was held.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#13 » by esqtvd » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:50 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Post was about you - not the Clippers org. How you supported each one of these garbage moves because it meant we could "win now" with Doc.

-__-

And there was no problem with pointing out this dynamic during last offseason or during the season.

That somehow, you are morally superior because you will "d-bag" them in a loss/ after the season (and after your favorite coach is fired) and not during the season is lame. It's actually kinda worse given all the "we're gonna win this thing" and "sit back and enjoy the best season in Clipper history" stuff you talked all season as it just looks like you are kicking the org while it's down. Also looks like it's vindictive because you are bitter about Doc.

These flaws were here last offseason and they were here all season. Finally caught up with us and our mediocre basketball coach.
L was held.

Unresponsive. When the COVID hit in March, Trezz was balling bigtime. Won the 6MOY to prove it. The "flaws" were not apparent until Trezz had an emotional breakdown--no other way to put it--with the death of his grandmother. And nobody stepped up--THAT was the flaw.

Unlike many of our know-it-all whiners I DID enjoy the season. And NOBODY was ready for the most disgusting and gutless 2-man performance in NBA history. Coach didn't do this. Trezz didn't do this. They've moved on and landed happily on their feet

THIS is the elephant that's still in the room. And judging by how the roster is regressing, I think the fallout hasn't stopped falling yet.

MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#14 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:53 pm

esqtvd wrote:When the COVID hit in March, Trezz was balling bigtime.

No, he was scoring points against backups. He wasn't rebounding or playing defense. It was always fools' gold.

Won the 6MOY to prove it.

6MOY proves nothing besides being able to score points against backups in the regular season. We've had three of those over the past decade and zero playoff success to show for it from any of them.
esqtvd
RealGM

Re: The Worst 2-Man Performance in NBA History 

Post#15 » by esqtvd » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:49 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:When the COVID hit in March, Trezz was balling bigtime.

No, he was scoring points against backups. He wasn't rebounding or playing defense. It was always fools' gold.

Won the 6MOY to prove it.

6MOY proves nothing besides being able to score points against backups in the regular season.

And what's wrong with that? That's what 6th men do. The 7th-highest paid guy on the team. And when Trezz was unable to keep doing it in the bubble because of his breakdown, the Clippers collapsed.

Exactly my point, thank you. If LeBron and AD ever turn in a performance like this the same thing will happen. But they won't.

Coach didn't do this. Trezz didn't do this. They've moved on and landed happily on their feet. THIS is the elephant that's still in the room. And judging by how the roster is regressing, I think the fallout hasn't stopped falling yet.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#16 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:53 pm

esqtvd wrote:And what's wrong with that?

It doesn't translate to the playoffs. You end up wasting a roster spot on someone who can't produce in the most important games. Doc made it even worse with his blind loyalty to Trez in spite of how bad he was.

And when Trezz was unable to keep doing it in the bubble because of his breakdown

It had nothing to do with a "breakdown." He can't rebound, can't defend, can't just outhustle everyone (since every player is playing hard in the playoffs) and isn't skilled enough to score at the same rate against quality playoff defenses.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#17 » by esqtvd » Sat Nov 21, 2020 10:14 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:

It doesn't translate to the playoffs. You end up wasting a roster spot on someone who can't produce in the most important games. Doc made it even worse with his blind loyalty to Trez in spite of how bad he was.

And when Trezz was unable to keep doing it in the bubble because of his breakdown

It had nothing to do with a "breakdown." He can't rebound, can't defend, can't just outhustle everyone (since every player is playing hard in the playoffs) and isn't skilled enough to score at the same rate against quality playoff defenses.

So you say. Over and over and over every time we're having an otherwise courteous and adult conversation. Regardless, it is unresponsive to the larger point: We have our own problems now.

And the Lakers clearly disagree. The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers, it pains me to say. :cry: We shall see.

If LeBron and AD ever turn in a performance like this the same thing will happen. But they won't.

Coach didn't do this. Trezz didn't do this. They've moved on and landed happily on their feet. THIS is the elephant that's still in the room. And judging by how the roster is regressing, I think the fallout hasn't stopped falling yet.
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#18 » by NickP » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:03 pm

esqtvd wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

So you say. Over and over and over every time we're having an otherwise courteous and adult conversation. Regardless, it is unresponsive to the larger point: We have our own problems now.

And the Lakers clearly disagree. The World Champion Los Angeles Lakers, it pains me to say. :cry: We shall see.

If LeBron and AD ever turn in a performance like this the same thing will happen. But they won't.

Alright, you win. Playa!
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#19 » by Quake Griffin » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:48 am

MartinToVaught wrote:

So many facts, it’s a factory.

We could have competed for Trezz’s services. We didn’t. He’s limited. If his grandma died or not, not a good rebounder. Not a good defender.

Ra ra doesnt win chips.
Having a tough look on your face (but not being tough) doesn’t win.
Neither does calling white players BAWBs.

Edit: and every post I’ve made in here is responsive.
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#20 » by NickP » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:25 am

Quake Griffin wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

So many facts, it’s a factory.

We could have competed for Trezz’s services. We didn’t. He’s limited. If his grandma died or not, not a good rebounder. Not a good defender.

Ra ra doesnt win chips.
Having a tough look on your face (but not being tough) doesn’t win.
Neither does calling white players BAWBs.

Exactly. Couldn't agree more. Trez is a regular season guy who feasts on bench guys. He's undersized to play center and doesn't have the skills required to play PF. Yeah he'll give them 17 point games in the regular season but come playoffs where the rotations get tight it'll be the same story again.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers