Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,054

Re: Point Guard 

Post#381 » by og15 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:06 pm

RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
Trez said he was upset and surprised the Clippers didn't offer him any contract whatsoever. There's a major difference.

I doubt you'd be giving the same criticism about Zu if PG and Kawhi were not playing. Look at his stats and the way he plays the game, it's ridiculous.

Last 5 games: 10-13, 23 pts 11 rebounds
10-13 23 pts 10 rebounds
18 pts, 6 rebounds 2 blocks
8-13 20 pts, 8 rebounds
10-15 24 tips, 10 rebounds

He's an insanely good player, PG going on an ego trip is not an excuse for us needing another big man instead of begging Drummond and Aldridge to join us.
Yes, no doubt he was, but you keep repeating not re-signing Trez without acknowledging that he also wasn't resigned because of multiple chemistry issues, it was not simply an ability issue.

Talent doesn't just overcome chemistry problems, and chemistry can be a fragile thing. Clippers had his bird rights, they could offer him a bigger contract. He took a pay cut and went to the defending champs and cross hall rivals partly to spite the Clippers.

The Charlotte deal he turned down was likely at least 12-15 million year and possibly more years. I don't know exactly, but the Lakers only had the MLE, hence why he was capped at around $9 million a year if he was to sign with them (similar to Ibaka with the Clippers).

I'm not sure anyone was denying that he's a good player or that he can put up stats. There are lots of good players and guys who can put up stats. Harrell is a solid player, but Harrell is not a playmaker and he's not going to carry your offense and make things easier for others. I don't expect him to and don't fault him for that, he's not paid for that. The Lakers offense has had a terrible 101.2 Ortg since the game LeBron went down. It's expected, not enough playmaking and shooting.

Anyways, you were the one that made the claim that he carried them to another win without LeBron and AD, and I was simply letting you know that your claim was inaccurate. He had not carried them to any other wins without those two guys, it's not a debatable thing, it's just simply what has/has not happened, soo....

Ok not "another" win but he carried them last night. Did you watch the game at all? He looked outstanding, the stats don't do him justice.

And once again, Clippers didn't even offer him a deal!! That's the issue. way different if they had and turned him down, Trez was pissed and rightfully so.

And Monterz DOES make things easier for others by opening up the court for others. Look how awful our 2nd team looks at times this season. You really think him on this team would have amounted to nothing? Zu isn't a playmaker either, and Trez can easily carry a 2nd team offense as we see this year and last.
Why would they offer him a deal if they concluded that it wasn't a fit chemistry wise, and that there were roster fit issues? That doesn't make much sense does it?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#382 » by Clemenza » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:16 pm

RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
Trez said he was upset and surprised the Clippers didn't offer him any contract whatsoever. There's a major difference.

I doubt you'd be giving the same criticism about Zu if PG and Kawhi were not playing. Look at his stats and the way he plays the game, it's ridiculous.

Last 5 games: 10-13, 23 pts 11 rebounds
10-13 23 pts 10 rebounds
18 pts, 6 rebounds 2 blocks
8-13 20 pts, 8 rebounds
10-15 24 tips, 10 rebounds

He's an insanely good player, PG going on an ego trip is not an excuse for us needing another big man instead of begging Drummond and Aldridge to join us.

Trez could always score his ass off no matter what but he puts up a lot of empty stats as well. He's a black hole on offense and doesn't play much D. He wasn't playing 4th quarters like he did with us until Bron and AD went down. Laker fans don't even talk this good about him. Evidently the team isn't feelin' him nor his production since they had him on the trade block for a 35 year old overrated guard from Toronto. Just sayin'

If Trez is a black hole on offense, not sure what that makes pretty much every single player on our 2nd team lineup :lol: :lol:

Lou Will, no disrespect to him as I wish him the best in ATl, was the last black hole on offense. Who else is a black hole on the Clippers? Mann, Pat Bev, Kennard, Batum, Coffey? I'm in LA and I tune in to Laker games as well. No doubt he can put up points since day one. But if he is what you say he is then no way he's expendable and on the trade block for the Lakers. He doesn't have his biggest fan, which was Doc, in his corner anymore.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#383 » by RingColluder » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:37 pm

og15 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:Yes, no doubt he was, but you keep repeating not re-signing Trez without acknowledging that he also wasn't resigned because of multiple chemistry issues, it was not simply an ability issue.

Talent doesn't just overcome chemistry problems, and chemistry can be a fragile thing. Clippers had his bird rights, they could offer him a bigger contract. He took a pay cut and went to the defending champs and cross hall rivals partly to spite the Clippers.

The Charlotte deal he turned down was likely at least 12-15 million year and possibly more years. I don't know exactly, but the Lakers only had the MLE, hence why he was capped at around $9 million a year if he was to sign with them (similar to Ibaka with the Clippers).

I'm not sure anyone was denying that he's a good player or that he can put up stats. There are lots of good players and guys who can put up stats. Harrell is a solid player, but Harrell is not a playmaker and he's not going to carry your offense and make things easier for others. I don't expect him to and don't fault him for that, he's not paid for that. The Lakers offense has had a terrible 101.2 Ortg since the game LeBron went down. It's expected, not enough playmaking and shooting.

Anyways, you were the one that made the claim that he carried them to another win without LeBron and AD, and I was simply letting you know that your claim was inaccurate. He had not carried them to any other wins without those two guys, it's not a debatable thing, it's just simply what has/has not happened, soo....

Ok not "another" win but he carried them last night. Did you watch the game at all? He looked outstanding, the stats don't do him justice.

And once again, Clippers didn't even offer him a deal!! That's the issue. way different if they had and turned him down, Trez was pissed and rightfully so.

And Monterz DOES make things easier for others by opening up the court for others. Look how awful our 2nd team looks at times this season. You really think him on this team would have amounted to nothing? Zu isn't a playmaker either, and Trez can easily carry a 2nd team offense as we see this year and last.
Why would they offer him a deal if they concluded that it wasn't a fit chemistry wise, and that there were roster fit issues? That doesn't make much sense does it?

Wasn't Paul George the one with chemistry issues with Trez?

This is Kawhi's team, it shouldn't matter.

This team is not better than last year's. Trez was a great fit on the 2nd team lineup
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#384 » by RingColluder » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:39 pm

Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Trez could always score his ass off no matter what but he puts up a lot of empty stats as well. He's a black hole on offense and doesn't play much D. He wasn't playing 4th quarters like he did with us until Bron and AD went down. Laker fans don't even talk this good about him. Evidently the team isn't feelin' him nor his production since they had him on the trade block for a 35 year old overrated guard from Toronto. Just sayin'

If Trez is a black hole on offense, not sure what that makes pretty much every single player on our 2nd team lineup :lol: :lol:

Lou Will, no disrespect to him as I wish him the best in ATl, was the last black hole on offense. Who else is a black hole on the Clippers? Mann, Pat Bev, Kennard, Batum, Coffey? I'm in LA and I tune in to Laker games as well. No doubt he can put up points since day one. But if he is what you say he is then no way he's expendable and on the trade block for the Lakers. He doesn't have his biggest fan, which was Doc, in his corner anymore.

I think they would have kept him in retrospect had they seen had bad the team looks this year 2nd lineup wise.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#385 » by Clemenza » Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:58 pm

RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:If Trez is a black hole on offense, not sure what that makes pretty much every single player on our 2nd team lineup :lol: :lol:

I think they would have kept him in retrospect had they seen had bad the team looks this year 2nd lineup wise.

But the media and talking heads said the Lakers won free agency and were deep asf. Lakers are still getting props even with Bron in a walking boot and AD's achilles looking shaky.. somethings not adding up. But I digress. The glowing SGA love around here I get as he continues to improve and is now a cornerstone for the Thunder franchise.. but all this all star Trez talk while in reality the Lakers want to dump his ass six months into the deal is too agenda driven and has too many holes in it to still get this much attention on here. Just stick to the program of sh*tting on PG where you actually have more of a legit argument than all this Trez pump up and promotion
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#386 » by RingColluder » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:04 am

Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Lou Will, no disrespect to him as I wish him the best in ATl, was the last black hole on offense. Who else is a black hole on the Clippers? Mann, Pat Bev, Kennard, Batum, Coffey? I'm in LA and I tune in to Laker games as well. No doubt he can put up points since day one. But if he is what you say he is then no way he's expendable and on the trade block for the Lakers. He doesn't have his biggest fan, which was Doc, in his corner anymore.

But the media and talking heads said the Lakers won free agency and were deep asf. Lakers are still getting props even with Bron in a walking boot and AD's achilles looking shaky.. somethings not adding up. But I digress. The glowing SGA love around here I get as he continues to improve and is now a cornerstone for the Thunder franchise.. but all this all star Trez talk while in reality the Lakers want to dump his ass six months into the deal is too agenda driven and has too many holes in it to still get this much attention on here. Just stick to the program of sh*tting on PG where you actually have more of an argument than all this Trez pump up and promotion

Trez is not an all star, but would be very helpful on this team

I'll talk about what I want to, just because you personally don't like Trez doesn't make your argument correct.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#387 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:06 am

Trez sucks. No defense, no rebounding, bad teammate with a bad attitude, not built for the playoffs. It's time to move on.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#388 » by RingColluder » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:09 am

MartinToVaught wrote:Trez sucks. No defense, no rebounding, bad teammate with a bad attitude, not built for the playoffs. It's time to move on.

No defense? Did you not see how many charges he took last season? This season? If you credit PG for his, "defensive effort" Montrez deserves credit to.

Talk about a bad teammate when no bought into PG as a leader last year. Same with, "not built for the playoffs".
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#389 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:21 am

RingColluder wrote:No defense? Did you not see how many charges he took last season? This season?

Did you not see him trying to "guard" any remotely talented big man? He made Boban and Jokic look like prime Shaq. Taking charges against scrubs in the regular season doesn't impress me much by comparison.

Playoff P is a separate issue. I'm not happy with him either. That doesn't change the fact that moving on from Trez was the right call.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#390 » by RingColluder » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:51 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
RingColluder wrote:No defense? Did you not see how many charges he took last season? This season?

Did you not see him trying to "guard" any remotely talented big man? He made Boban and Jokic look like prime Shaq. Taking charges against scrubs in the regular season doesn't impress me much by comparison.

Playoff P is a separate issue. I'm not happy with him either. That doesn't change the fact that moving on from Trez was the right call.

He's not a true center, he is a fantastic energy defensive player but especially on offense. No one can guard Jokic come on.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#391 » by Clemenza » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:38 am

RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

But the media and talking heads said the Lakers won free agency and were deep asf. Lakers are still getting props even with Bron in a walking boot and AD's achilles looking shaky.. somethings not adding up. But I digress. The glowing SGA love around here I get as he continues to improve and is now a cornerstone for the Thunder franchise.. but all this all star Trez talk while in reality the Lakers want to dump his ass six months into the deal is too agenda driven and has too many holes in it to still get this much attention on here. Just stick to the program of sh*tting on PG where you actually have more of an argument than all this Trez pump up and promotion

I'll talk about what I want to, just because you personally don't like Trez doesn't make your argument correct.

I was a fan of Trez for a long time, followed him on Twitter and everything. Lot of emotions, lots of drama with Instagram hoes, woe is me tweets, and the whole nine. Saw him transform from a throw in piece for the Chris Paul trade, to balling in the Drew League during the off season, to becoming a scoring machine, to winning 6th man of the year. But then resigned with Klutch, joined the Bron Army when he was still with the Clipps, fed the media hit pieces about us, bad bubble play, to joining the enemy in the off season to stick it to us. WE KNOW TREZ FROM TOP TO BOTTOM IN HERE so cut it out!! He's not on the team anymore and his new team doesn't even want him. Go hop on the Lakers board if you're so infatuated with his empty stats and drama!
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#392 » by RingColluder » Sun Mar 28, 2021 7:13 am

Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:But the media and talking heads said the Lakers won free agency and were deep asf. Lakers are still getting props even with Bron in a walking boot and AD's achilles looking shaky.. somethings not adding up. But I digress. The glowing SGA love around here I get as he continues to improve and is now a cornerstone for the Thunder franchise.. but all this all star Trez talk while in reality the Lakers want to dump his ass six months into the deal is too agenda driven and has too many holes in it to still get this much attention on here. Just stick to the program of sh*tting on PG where you actually have more of an argument than all this Trez pump up and promotion

I was a fan of Trez for a long time, followed him on Twitter and everything. Lot of emotions, lots of drama with Instagram hoes, woe is me tweets, and the whole nine. Saw him transform from a throw in piece for the Chris Paul trade, to balling in the Drew League during the off season, to becoming a scoring machine, to winning 6th man of the year. But then resigned with Klutch, joined the Bron Army when he was still with the Clipps, fed the media hit pieces about us, bad bubble play, to joining the enemy in the off season to stick it to us. WE KNOW TREZ FROM TOP TO BOTTOM IN HERE so cut it out!! He's not on the team anymore and his new team doesn't even want him. Go hop on the Lakers board if you're so infatuated with his empty stats and drama!

Wow
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#393 » by esqtvd » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:23 am

RingColluder wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

Besides his meltdown due to personal troubles in the bubble--and he was not the only one--Trezz WAY outperformed his contract as a Clipper and leaving the team was not HIS decision.

I think many of us will always think of Trezz and Lou as part of Clipper Nation unlike so many others who've run through here, collected their checks, and left here without any of us giving a shi*it.

Right now, Zu and only maybe the often-absent Pat Bev are the only Clippers I feel anything about. T-Mann, who we raised from a pup :-) The rest are strangers to me. I hope they win but at the moment Ballmer's "team" is no more than a business arrangement, no more and no less. Anybody who would be surprised if Kawhi walks this summer should we disappoint again in the playoffs has NOT been paying attention.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 724

Post#394 » by Captain Ballmer » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:25 am

RingColluder wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

He's not a true center, he is a fantastic energy defensive player but especially on offense. No one can guard Jokic come on.

This is ridiculous take. :crazy: Where was that energy defensive player against Dallas or Denver series last playoffs? He **** the bed miserably. When you fail on your job that bad, you get fired in corporate world. The FO fired him with not offering contract and that was the most successful decision they had in the summer or winter whatever.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#395 » by RingColluder » Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:02 am

Captain Ballmer wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Did you not see him trying to "guard" any remotely talented big man? He made Boban and Jokic look like prime Shaq. Taking charges against scrubs in the regular season doesn't impress me much by comparison.

This is ridiculous take. :crazy: Where was that energy defensive player against Dallas or Denver series last playoffs? He **** the bed miserably. When you fail on your job that bad, you get fired in corporate world. The FO fired him with not offering contract and that was the most successful decision they had in the summer or winter whatever.

He was dealing with personal issues. You're ridiculous if you don't realize how much Trez would benefit us this year. We have no backup bigman after Zu!!! 9 million a year! that's nothing.
Kelphus
Senior
And1: 528

Post#396 » by Kelphus » Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:48 pm

Point guard thread?
The Clipper fan understands the Book of Exodus better than anyone... what it's like to struggle 40 years in the wilderness... and Genesis.. why Cain went after Abel... So fLakers, look out... we're coming.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#397 » by donemilio21 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 5:59 pm

Kelphus wrote:Point guard thread?

I think we should change the title, but I like the direction of the thread. Valid and timely arguments being made.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#398 » by esqtvd » Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:00 pm

donemilio21 wrote:

I think we should change the title, but I like the direction of the thread. Valid and timely arguments being made.

Godwin's Law for this board:
As a discussion grows longer, the probability of it turning into a douchebagging of Doc Rivers or Montrezl Harrell approaches 1

:rofl2:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#399 » by donemilio21 » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:39 pm

esqtvd wrote:
donemilio21 wrote:

Godwin's Law for this board:
As a discussion grows longer, the probability of it turning into a douchebagging of Doc Rivers or Montrezl Harrell approaches 1

:rofl2:

Glad to see people still get sarcasm :D
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#400 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:12 pm

RingColluder wrote:
Captain Ballmer wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

He was dealing with personal issues. You're ridiculous if you don't realize how much Trez would benefit us this year. We have no backup bigman after Zu!!! 9 million a year! that's nothing.

For the millionth time, it wasn't just personal issues. He has limitations both physically and as part of his skillset as a player that prevent him from being very effective in the playoffs. You really need to stop obsessing over a player who doesn't address any of this roster's deficiencies and who's only productive against backups in the regular season.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers