ImageImageImageImageImage

Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#121 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:20 pm

When people know the WHOLE story of something, I trust them to make up their own minds. What I hate are half-truths and distortions. I have had my say--Trezz's "like" was about HIM, not about the Clippers per se. The rest is BS.

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 997

Post#122 » by clipperlover » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:19 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:FTR all Trezz did was "like" this tweet

Wrong.

Read on Twitter

and one can hardly blame him since he was scapegoated for last year's humiliation

We can blame him just fine because he was our worst player in the playoffs last year, he leaked a bunch of drama to the media to redirect the blame away from himself, and then he took less money to join the Lakers out of spite.

the irony of course is that Zubac was benched THIS year but wasn't slimed for it--so it goes lol

Zu was benched because he wasn't effective in this series - the exact thing Doc refused to do with Trez last year. And Zu has handled it with class.

In fairness to Trez, Zubac is getting $7.5M next year and the year after. Trez was guaranteed no money. Trez was playing for money last post-season. An injury would have been devastating to him financially.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#123 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:35 pm

Again, he turned down more money from Charlotte to join the Lakers. Clearly, he wasn't worried about his finances.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#124 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:38 pm

clipperlover wrote:
In fairness to Trez, Zubac is getting $7.5M next year and the year after. Trez was guaranteed no money. Trez was playing for money last post-season. An injury would have been devastating to him financially.

I think he gave it his all. It's how he rolls. He also took less to play for a title with the Lakers than go to NBA Siberia for the big money.

Ironic about Zubac, eh? Paid more than Trezz was but gets ZERO slime for his current [and past] playoff struggles. So it goes. :lol:
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#125 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:55 pm

Trezz can spit on our so called grave but if we spit on his, we should be ridiculed.

All in the name of what? Defending Doc and his dumb decision to keep letting him fail out there?

It’s a fairly ridiculous double standard.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#126 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:03 pm

In the end it doesn't matter, most of us didn't want him back at expected contract level anyway. His play last postseason cost him as much as it cost the team in the end, neither side came out the winner there.

All I care about is Ibaka's health!
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#127 » by NickP » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:40 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:In the end it doesn't matter, most of us didn't want him back at expected contract level anyway. His play last postseason cost him as much as it cost the team in the end, neither side came out the winner there.

I think Trez knew that we don't have any interest in him and that probably hurt him the most. But we didn't want him for basketball reasons and locker room chemistry reasons.
I don't want to get into the reasons why Trez signed with the Lakers but he still has a chip on his shoulder. His recent tweet says it all.
I personally don't care about Trez but I see why folks are irked with him. Dancing on our graves and all.
And yes, we need Ibaka back for this series.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#128 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:17 pm

NickP wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:In the end it doesn't matter, most of us didn't want him back at expected contract level anyway. His play last postseason cost him as much as it cost the team in the end, neither side came out the winner there.

I think Trez knew that we don't have any interest in him and that probably hurt him the most. But we didn't want him for basketball reasons and locker room chemistry reasons.
I don't want to get into the reasons why Trez signed with the Lakers but he still has a chip on his shoulder. His recent tweet says it all.
I personally don't care about Trez but I see why folks are irked with him. Dancing on our graves and all.

The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and always played that way so when as you say when the Clippers more or less cut ties, the reaction from Trezz was not surprising at all. As sports fans we have no skin in the game and we get butthurt when we're on the other end, so I guess I just never thought it would go any other way. Emotion is a big part of his game, so it was bound to come out the other way too. I'm not saying people can't criticize or even hate him though, that's just how I happen to feel about it.

Now if a guy decides to leave a team, the team treats him fairly, and then the guy later turns around and craps on the team in interviews, etc., that to me is more of a bad look.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#129 » by esqtvd » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:51 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Trezz can spit on our so called grave but if we spit on his, we should be ridiculed.

His grandmother died and he was an emotional wreck. And he was spitting on YOU not the Clippers. All the people who dogged him, even as he came to play EVERY NIGHT and won the SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR. And still dog him, even after a big playoff series win. Yes you should be ridiculed. It's pathetic. Move on.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#130 » by esqtvd » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:54 am

madmaxmedia wrote:
NickP wrote:

The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and always played that way so when as you say when the Clippers more or less cut ties, the reaction from Trezz was not surprising at all. As sports fans we have no skin in the game and we get butthurt when we're on the other end, so I guess I just never thought it would go any other way. Emotion is a big part of his game, so it was bound to come out the other way too. I'm not saying people can't criticize or even hate him though, that's just how I happen to feel about it.

Now if a guy decides to leave a team, the team treats him fairly, and then the guy later turns around and craps on the team in interviews, etc., that to me is more of a bad look.

Exactly. Over 1000 people liked the same tweet, that he was unfairly blamed. He was lousy but the whole team cacked, not just him.
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Post#131 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:16 am

esqtvd wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Trezz can spit on our so called grave but if we spit on his, we should be ridiculed.

His grandmother died and he was an emotional wreck. And he was spitting on YOU not the Clippers. All the people who dogged him, even as he came to play EVERY NIGHT and won the SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR. And still dog him, even after a big playoff series win. Yes you should be ridiculed. It's pathetic. Move on.

That why it took him so long to get back in the bubble? He got a hall pass from ESPNtv?

Yawn:
He was weak minded. He played weak in the bubble. He got fair criticism and instead of stomaching it, he ran to the papers and started spilling the tea.

Then at the first sign of Clipper weakness, he ran to twitter.

Now it’s our fault because you must defend Doc no matter what, no matter where. THAT is pathetic and it’s getting old.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#132 » by esqtvd » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:27 am

Same garbage over and over no matter how much we beg you to stop with this Doc BS. Put a sock in it and watch the damn game, Quake.

:lol:
Quake Griffin
RealGM

Claim Preclusion Anyone? 

Post#133 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:04 am

I know. Imagine me reading the forum all year watching you litigate the Doc BS ALL YEAR long and never ever letting it die.

Give it a rest.
Please.
He's not coming back through the door to prove you right.

Enjoy the game, Ty Lue, this roster and our lack of needing points as a problem (that you do desperately want it to be).
LamarWho
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,096

Post#134 » by LamarWho » Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:58 pm

Well well well, Benedict's plan of moving across the hallway and winning a championship didn't quite work out.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#135 » by esqtvd » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:19 pm

Clips never made an offer. They dumped him, not vice-versa. FTR I did not disagree with the decision. The MLE went to Ibaka instead. But they never even gave him a courtesy call to let him know that they were going in a different direction. That was a punk move and he had every right to be angry and hurt about such treatment.

I wish him well--he came to play every night, until his grandma died and he had an emotional breakdown. I will not spit on his Clipper grave.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,295

Post#136 » by nickhx2 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 9:55 pm

at least he gets to go to a team that'll play him. since they're not trying to win anyway lol
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,702

Post#137 » by KL2 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:12 pm

I wonder if he opted in believing he was going to the Kings? The players involved said they were blindsided by that deal falling through. Throw in the story that Westbrook met at Lebrons house with he and AD a couple weeks ago and it makes sense.

He opted in and 5 minutes later he was off to Washington.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#138 » by ejftw » Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:26 am

Man, I try to not let my issues with players get me to laughing at them, but Oceans 11 is truly on the level of Andre Miller and Elton Brand..seeing him be now behind Rui, Bertans, Gafford is beautiful
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#139 » by esqtvd » Sat Jul 31, 2021 1:50 am

KL2 wrote:I wonder if he opted in believing he was going to the Kings? The players involved said they were blindsided by that deal falling through. Throw in the story that Westbrook met at Lebrons house with he and AD a couple weeks ago and it makes sense.

I'm sure Trezz opted in to get PAID

he's never hit the big money so get that $9,700,000 in the BANK and worry about next year next year :nod:
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#140 » by Clemenza » Sat Jul 31, 2021 5:33 am

KL2 wrote:I wonder if he opted in believing he was going to the Kings? The players involved said they were blindsided by that deal falling through. Throw in the story that Westbrook met at Lebrons house with he and AD a couple weeks ago and it makes sense.

He had to opt in no matter what if he wanted that $10 million for next season cause nobody is paying him that in free agency. He has to prove himself all over again in this upcoming season. Should've took that Charlotte deal, hit the gas, and never turned back

Return to Los Angeles Clippers