ImageImageImageImageImage

Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan, QRich3

User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,607
And1: 1,759
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#121 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 10:20 pm

When people know the WHOLE story of something, I trust them to make up their own minds. What I hate are half-truths and distortions. I have had my say--Trezz's "like" was about HIM, not about the Clippers per se. The rest is BS.

Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
clipperlover
Junior
Posts: 490
And1: 307
Joined: Sep 10, 2019

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#122 » by clipperlover » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:19 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:FTR all Trezz did was "like" this tweet

Wrong.

Read on Twitter


and one can hardly blame him since he was scapegoated for last year's humiliation

We can blame him just fine because he was our worst player in the playoffs last year, he leaked a bunch of drama to the media to redirect the blame away from himself, and then he took less money to join the Lakers out of spite.

the irony of course is that Zubac was benched THIS year but wasn't slimed for it--so it goes lol

Zu was benched because he wasn't effective in this series - the exact thing Doc refused to do with Trez last year. And Zu has handled it with class.


In fairness to Trez, Zubac is getting $7.5M next year and the year after. Trez was guaranteed no money. Trez was playing for money last post-season. An injury would have been devastating to him financially.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 11,983
And1: 14,696
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#123 » by MartinToVaught » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:35 pm

Again, he turned down more money from Charlotte to join the Lakers. Clearly, he wasn't worried about his finances.
Image
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,607
And1: 1,759
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#124 » by esqtvd » Mon Jun 7, 2021 11:38 pm

clipperlover wrote:
In fairness to Trez, Zubac is getting $7.5M next year and the year after. Trez was guaranteed no money. Trez was playing for money last post-season. An injury would have been devastating to him financially.


I think he gave it his all. It's how he rolls. He also took less to play for a title with the Lakers than go to NBA Siberia for the big money.

Ironic about Zubac, eh? Paid more than Trezz was but gets ZERO slime for his current [and past] playoff struggles. So it goes. :lol:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 15,154
And1: 4,473
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#125 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Jun 8, 2021 1:55 pm

Trezz can spit on our so called grave but if we spit on his, we should be ridiculed.

All in the name of what? Defending Doc and his dumb decision to keep letting him fail out there?

It’s a fairly ridiculous double standard.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
User avatar
madmaxmedia
General Manager
Posts: 8,763
And1: 4,099
Joined: Jun 22, 2001
Location: SoCal

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#126 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:03 pm

In the end it doesn't matter, most of us didn't want him back at expected contract level anyway. His play last postseason cost him as much as it cost the team in the end, neither side came out the winner there.

All I care about is Ibaka's health!
NickP
Senior
Posts: 604
And1: 340
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#127 » by NickP » Tue Jun 8, 2021 5:40 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:In the end it doesn't matter, most of us didn't want him back at expected contract level anyway. His play last postseason cost him as much as it cost the team in the end, neither side came out the winner there.

All I care about is Ibaka's health!

I think Trez knew that we don't have any interest in him and that probably hurt him the most. But we didn't want him for basketball reasons and locker room chemistry reasons.
I don't want to get into the reasons why Trez signed with the Lakers but he still has a chip on his shoulder. His recent tweet says it all.
I personally don't care about Trez but I see why folks are irked with him. Dancing on our graves and all.
And yes, we need Ibaka back for this series.
User avatar
madmaxmedia
General Manager
Posts: 8,763
And1: 4,099
Joined: Jun 22, 2001
Location: SoCal

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#128 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Jun 8, 2021 9:17 pm

NickP wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:In the end it doesn't matter, most of us didn't want him back at expected contract level anyway. His play last postseason cost him as much as it cost the team in the end, neither side came out the winner there.

All I care about is Ibaka's health!

I think Trez knew that we don't have any interest in him and that probably hurt him the most. But we didn't want him for basketball reasons and locker room chemistry reasons.
I don't want to get into the reasons why Trez signed with the Lakers but he still has a chip on his shoulder. His recent tweet says it all.
I personally don't care about Trez but I see why folks are irked with him. Dancing on our graves and all.
And yes, we need Ibaka back for this series.


The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and always played that way so when as you say when the Clippers more or less cut ties, the reaction from Trezz was not surprising at all. As sports fans we have no skin in the game and we get butthurt when we're on the other end, so I guess I just never thought it would go any other way. Emotion is a big part of his game, so it was bound to come out the other way too. I'm not saying people can't criticize or even hate him though, that's just how I happen to feel about it.

Now if a guy decides to leave a team, the team treats him fairly, and then the guy later turns around and craps on the team in interviews, etc., that to me is more of a bad look.
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,607
And1: 1,759
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#129 » by esqtvd » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:51 am

Quake Griffin wrote:Trezz can spit on our so called grave but if we spit on his, we should be ridiculed.



His grandmother died and he was an emotional wreck. And he was spitting on YOU not the Clippers. All the people who dogged him, even as he came to play EVERY NIGHT and won the SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR. And still dog him, even after a big playoff series win. Yes you should be ridiculed. It's pathetic. Move on.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,607
And1: 1,759
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#130 » by esqtvd » Wed Jun 9, 2021 1:54 am

madmaxmedia wrote:
NickP wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:In the end it doesn't matter, most of us didn't want him back at expected contract level anyway. His play last postseason cost him as much as it cost the team in the end, neither side came out the winner there.

All I care about is Ibaka's health!

I think Trez knew that we don't have any interest in him and that probably hurt him the most. But we didn't want him for basketball reasons and locker room chemistry reasons.
I don't want to get into the reasons why Trez signed with the Lakers but he still has a chip on his shoulder. His recent tweet says it all.
I personally don't care about Trez but I see why folks are irked with him. Dancing on our graves and all.
And yes, we need Ibaka back for this series.


The guy wears his heart on his sleeve and always played that way so when as you say when the Clippers more or less cut ties, the reaction from Trezz was not surprising at all. As sports fans we have no skin in the game and we get butthurt when we're on the other end, so I guess I just never thought it would go any other way. Emotion is a big part of his game, so it was bound to come out the other way too. I'm not saying people can't criticize or even hate him though, that's just how I happen to feel about it.

Now if a guy decides to leave a team, the team treats him fairly, and then the guy later turns around and craps on the team in interviews, etc., that to me is more of a bad look.


Exactly. Over 1000 people liked the same tweet, that he was unfairly blamed. He was lousy but the whole team cacked, not just him.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 15,154
And1: 4,473
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#131 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:16 am

esqtvd wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Trezz can spit on our so called grave but if we spit on his, we should be ridiculed.



His grandmother died and he was an emotional wreck. And he was spitting on YOU not the Clippers. All the people who dogged him, even as he came to play EVERY NIGHT and won the SIXTH MAN OF THE YEAR. And still dog him, even after a big playoff series win. Yes you should be ridiculed. It's pathetic. Move on.

That why it took him so long to get back in the bubble? He got a hall pass from ESPNtv?

Yawn:
He was weak minded. He played weak in the bubble. He got fair criticism and instead of stomaching it, he ran to the papers and started spilling the tea.

Then at the first sign of Clipper weakness, he ran to twitter.

Now it’s our fault because you must defend Doc no matter what, no matter where. THAT is pathetic and it’s getting old.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
User avatar
esqtvd
Head Coach
Posts: 6,607
And1: 1,759
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Turncoat Trezz.. Lets talk about it 

Post#132 » by esqtvd » Wed Jun 9, 2021 2:27 am

Same garbage over and over no matter how much we beg you to stop with this Doc BS. Put a sock in it and watch the damn game, Quake.

:lol:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
User avatar
Quake Griffin
RealGM
Posts: 15,154
And1: 4,473
Joined: Jul 06, 2012
     

Claim Preclusion Anyone? 

Post#133 » by Quake Griffin » Wed Jun 9, 2021 3:04 am

I know. Imagine me reading the forum all year watching you litigate the Doc BS ALL YEAR long and never ever letting it die.

Give it a rest.
Please.
He's not coming back through the door to prove you right.

Enjoy the game, Ty Lue, this roster and our lack of needing points as a problem (that you do desperately want it to be).
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers