TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Re: Serge Ibaka 2 years $19 mil, player option 2d year 

Post#21 » by TucsonClip » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:13 pm

TheNewEra wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
Yeah I read if we cut Noah and Patton we should have the BAE.

We have the BAE regardless, the issue is the hard cap. If we are unable to package Noah and Patton for salary matching purposes in a deal, they are waived and we then have room to use the BAE + 1 min guy.

Can’t believe we wasted the BAE on Patterson

We still have it. Patterson signed for the non-bird rights raise off the minimum.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#22 » by TheNewEra » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:37 pm

TucsonClip wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:We have the BAE regardless, the issue is the hard cap. If we are unable to package Noah and Patton for salary matching purposes in a deal, they are waived and we then have room to use the BAE + 1 min guy.

We still have it. Patterson signed for the non-bird rights raise off the minimum.

From what I read we don’t but could be wrong. From another forum-

With Batum signed, the Clippers will have 13 players under guaranteed contract for next season, along with the non-guaranteed deal of Joakim Noah (sure to be waived) and Coffey and Scrubb on two-way deals. That means they have one signing left, likely either a reserve point guard, another defensive-minded wing, or a veteran big man.

I’m assuming this means it would put us over the hard cap
TucsonClip
Sixth Man
And1: 937

Post#23 » by TucsonClip » Mon Nov 30, 2020 2:23 am

TheNewEra wrote:
TucsonClip wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

From what I read we don’t but could be wrong. From another forum-

With Batum signed, the Clippers will have 13 players under guaranteed contract for next season, along with the non-guaranteed deal of Joakim Noah (sure to be waived) and Coffey and Scrubb on two-way deals. That means they have one signing left, likely either a reserve point guard, another defensive-minded wing, or a veteran big man.

I’m assuming this means it would put us over the hard cap

You dont lose the BAE because of the hard cap, you just cant exceed the cap. Nothing stopping us from clearing salary during the season and using the BAE, or a portion/pro-rated amount of it to sign someone on the buyout market for more than the minimum.
Plus, why would I want to go to the NBA? Duke players suck in the pros.

- Shane Battier
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 727

Serge Out for Season. 

Post#24 » by Captain Ballmer » Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:25 pm

Read on Twitter

:banghead:
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,223

Post#25 » by Clemenza » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:01 pm

Wow.. May he get well but he sits out the majority of the season and then gets surgery when the playoffs start??? WTF, I think we have the worst trainers-doctors in the league. Probably the same crck staff that said Michael Potter Jr. would never play again. The bad drafting, acquisitions, signings, inept medical staff, etc. is the real reason for the product we see out on the court
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
And1: 147

Serge Ibaka done for the season! 

Post#26 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:48 pm

Clemenza wrote:Wow.. May he get well but he sits out the majority of the season and then gets surgery when the playoffs start??? WTF, I think we have the worst trainers-doctors in the league. Probably the same crck staff that said Michael Potter Jr. would never play again. The bad drafting, acquisitions, signings, inept medical staff, etc. is the real reason for the product we see out on the court

Very true... huge disappointment. :banghead:
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#27 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:37 am

Clemenza wrote:Wow.. May he get well but he sits out the majority of the season and then gets surgery when the playoffs start??? WTF, I think we have the worst trainers-doctors in the league. Probably the same crck staff that said Michael Potter Jr. would never play again. The bad drafting, acquisitions, signings, inept medical staff, etc. is the real reason for the product we see out on the court

Probably were hoping to get him back at some point. Since as damaged goods he will surely exercise the player option for 2021-22, the org probably agreed that surgery now at least gets him ready for next year.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by Clemenza » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:04 pm

esqtvd wrote:

Probably were hoping to get him back at some point. Since as damaged goods he will surely exercise the player option for 2021-22, the org probably agreed that surgery now at least gets him ready for next year.

Lets fess up, his signing was for a run this season. Nothing is guaranteed next year as everything hangs on the balance of how we finish in the playoffs that's currently happening now. He could even retire for all we know
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#29 » by esqtvd » Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:45 pm

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Lets fess up, his signing was for a run this season. Nothing is guaranteed next year as everything hangs on the balance of how we finish in the playoffs that's currently happening now. He could even retire for all we know

yeah, but he'll take the money lol, and the Clippers might as well try to get something out of it too

"There is nothing I would love more than being on the court helping my brothers and trying to win a championship for #ClipperNation,” Ibaka wrote Friday on Instagram. β€œIt’s been a very tough season, I worked very hard to be back in time for the Playoffs but sometimes injuries get in the way and health has to be a priority. I appreciate all the love and support from everyone and now I have my mindset on supporting my team and getting healthy and ready for next season.”

Ibaka holds a player option for next season, the last year of his contract, that is worth $9.7 million, according to Spotrac.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/story/2021-06-11/clippers-serge-ibaka-undergoes-back-surgery
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,164

Post#30 » by og15 » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:10 am

Wouldn't really blame the trainer's and medical staff, this stuff simply happens.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Clemenza » Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:17 am

og15 wrote:

Wouldn't really blame the trainer's and medical staff, this stuff simply happens.

And a little more than average for us

Return to Los Angeles Clippers