ImageImageImageImageImage

Bring back Jamal Crawford . . . As a commentator

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,409

Bring back Jamal Crawford . . . As a commentator 

Post#1 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:50 am

Now that Chauncey is an assistant they should reach out to Jamal. I think he is a very knowledgeable player and nice guy too. He should admit his playing career is over and move onto commentating
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,297

Re: Bring back Jamal Crawford . . . As a commentator 

Post#2 » by nickhx2 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:42 am

i mean he might not be very good as a commentator. chauncey was godawful, so it's hard to know who'll be good until they actually try.

rather just keep going with corey. just great chemistry with brian. i also wouldn't mind if they brought chris bosh as a potential guy. his analysis was great and he was very insightful and well-spoken.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,901

Post#3 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 24, 2020 1:54 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:Now that Chauncey is an assistant they should reach out to Jamal. I think he is a very knowledgeable player and nice guy too. He should admit his playing career is over and move onto commentating

Jamal is a consummate NBA historian. That could be great--or not so great, lol. It took more than half the year for Chauncey to stop telling his stories about the good ole days and start announcing the damn game. :wink:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,409

Post#4 » by Roscoe Sheed » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:01 am

nickhx2 wrote:i mean he might not be very good as a commentator. chauncey was godawful, so it's hard to know who'll be good until they actually try.

rather just keep going with corey. just great chemistry with brian. i also wouldn't mind if they brought chris bosh as a potential guy. his analysis was great and he was very insightful and well-spoken.

I’m not a big fan of Corey’s commentating- he stumbles over his words too much.

I prefer don McLean- he analyzes the game better and seems to know the tendencies of players better
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,901

Post#5 » by esqtvd » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:22 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:
nickhx2 wrote:i mean he might not be very good as a commentator. chauncey was godawful, so it's hard to know who'll be good until they actually try.

I prefer don McLean- he analyzes the game better and seems to know the tendencies of players better

I think Corey actually got better at the end there by not worrying about his bad diction and grammar anymore. Now he just speaks his mind so at least he gets his point out without taking forever to do it. Think Pete Rose. Pete is Pete; Corey is Corey. :lol:

I think Don MacLean is their first choice but he enjoys his Pac-12 work as well as his NBA combine-prep business. He's got kids in school and gets to watch their games by sticking close to home.

MacLean is a representative for Creative Artists Agency, the same agency that Lonzo committed to sign with shortly after parting ways with his former agent Harrison Gaines in April.

MacLean has also mentored some of the brightest young stars in the NBA like Donovan Mitchell and up-and-coming stars like Oregon’s Bol Bol. Now, it looks like MacLean will be adding LaMelo and LiAngelo to that list of impressive players.

https://lonzowire.usatoday.com/2019/05/05/2020-nba-draft-news-lamelo-ball-don-maclean-caa-sports-lonzo-ball/
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,297

Post#6 » by nickhx2 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:31 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:

i think 3 of them on at the same time would be ideal. but it's pretty clear that corey and brian have the best chemistry together, which is more important than anything else.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#7 » by TheNewEra » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:46 pm

A three man team with Maggs and Brian
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#8 » by TheNewEra » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:48 pm

Did we ever find out what Mike Smith did to be exiled ? Not even a return for Ralph

Return to Los Angeles Clippers