Divas, Accountability, Chemistry and the Coaching Challenge

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Re: Divas, Accountability, Chemistry and the Coaching Challenge 

Post#141 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Dec 10, 2020 1:55 am

TheNewEra wrote:Insane how he just admits we didn’t have a counter

The Clippers paid this guy more than Nick Saban and Coach K just to tell the players to "get open" and yell at them for not magically doing it. :noway:
Captain Ballmer
Pro Prospect
And1: 725

Post#142 » by Captain Ballmer » Thu Dec 10, 2020 7:52 am

What a relaxing feeling that clown is not with us anymore.

In todays league only winning creates a culture, and winning culture fixes any lack of chemistry. That is 180 reverse from old days but it is what it is.
2023 Clippers W/L Count (51-31)
(Russ at bench 42-15)
without PG13 3-3
Without Kawhi 7-4
Without Russ 6-6
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,898

Post#143 » by esqtvd » Thu Dec 10, 2020 9:01 am

NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:Meh. Plenty of boards have a split in the faction regarding certain coaches or players. This is just the way that guy slings mud. If he can make people feel like they're the sole reason others left, he hopes he can shame them.

I hated MTV 5 years ago. Then I realized he was right and I got over it fairly quickly.

If a person decided to leave because of Doc hate, that's their issue. They aren't right about Doc at all. So they're left with mudslinging the character of people who don't like Doc. That's soooo ZZZzzz.

Hey Quake--remember when you and two other guys used to hog the board with nothing but nonstop Doc hate?

Good times. :wink:

Doc deserved the hate. But you're hating on the team, writing its obituary before a single game has been played.
In every other post you mention how Kawhi and PG are bolting. How they're a one way ticket.
I didn't know you and Kawhi were boys.

Um no. Not hating on the team. I've been a Clippers fan since the day they came to LA in 1984. Just identifying the guilty parties for last year's collapse--the most gutless collapse in NBA history. It's no secret.

Lob City NEVER quit like that. And although they broke my heart, I never hated on any of them.

Kawhi put a gun to Ballmer's head to trade away the Clippers' future for Paul George. After last year's disgrace, unless they beat out the Lakers this year, it's their fault and their shame and nobody else's. One-way ticket. Damn right.

FACT

So please get out of my face and keep fronting for Kawhi. He OWNS this now. And so do you. Doc's been gone for 2 months now and still you're whining about him? You just replaced the 3rd Stooge. Congratulations, Shemp. :wink:

Hey Quake--remember when you and two other guys used to hog the board with nothing but nonstop Doc hate?

Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#144 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:18 pm

Lob City got blown out by Houston in Game 7 when they blew their 3-1 lead. Guess who the common denominator was.

LoB cItY nEvEr QuIt LiKe ThAt
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

A Sixers Fan Posing as a Clippers Fan 

Post#145 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:09 pm

Quake in Summer of 2019: Kawhi making us trade for PG is not a good idea.
Quake during the season: Kawhi making us trade for PG is not a good idea.
Quake during the playoffs: Kawhi making us trade for PG is not a good idea.

ESPNtv in 2019: Shout down city (the very thing he claims to hate). We had to do it in order to get Kawhi here. Yo yo yo, just view it as Kawhi and Paul George for Shai, Danilo, and a billion picks. I'd do that any day.

ESPNtv Now: WAAAAHHH :cry: :cry: :cry: ...Kawhi put a gun to our head.

One of us has been consistent in their takes. The other is being emotional and a cry baby because their favorite coach got canned. So funny how you have turned into the piece of crap that d-bags his own team after years of criticizing MTV for it.
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 916

Post#146 » by NickP » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:29 pm

esqtvd wrote:
NickP wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

Doc deserved the hate. But you're hating on the team, writing its obituary before a single game has been played.
In every other post you mention how Kawhi and PG are bolting. How they're a one way ticket.
I didn't know you and Kawhi were boys.

Um no. Not hating on the team. I've been a Clippers fan since the day they came to LA in 1984. Just identifying the guilty parties for last year's collapse--the most gutless collapse in NBA history. It's no secret.

Lob City NEVER quit like that. And although they broke my heart, I never hated on any of them.

Kawhi put a gun to Ballmer's head to trade away the Clippers' future for Paul George. After last year's disgrace, unless they beat out the Lakers this year, it's their fault and their shame and nobody else's. One-way ticket. Damn right.

FACT

So please get out of my face and keep fronting for Kawhi. He OWNS this now. And so do you. Doc's been gone for 2 months now and still you're whining about him? You just replaced the 3rd Stooge. Congratulations, Shemp. :wink:

Don't get personal with me. Don't go there.
FACT? What damn fact? That Kawhi put a gun to Ballmer's head? Noe you're being a moron, it's called going out and getting one of the best players in the league. Period. Did Lebron get a championship his first year in Miami? With the talent he had he should have won 4. Not 2.
So STFU about your rhetoric of putting a gun to the owner's head or that Kawhi is bolting.
If you think people are getting into your face then state real facts. Don't pass opinions as your facts.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Re: A Sixers Fan Posing as a Clippers Fan 

Post#147 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:56 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:So funny how you have turned into the piece of crap that d-bags his own team after years of criticizing MTV for it.

He hasn't "turned into" anything, this is who he's always been - an extreme contrarian who will always find scapegoats to blame instead of Doc and Doc's favorites. This new shtick of blaming everything on Kawhi and PG is no different than how he treated Zubac during the season. Or when he blamed Ty and Sin for the epic failure of the Austin Rivers Nepotism Showcase. The only real mystery is why anyone would be so loyal to an overpaid, overrated blowhard of a coach who accomplished nothing in seven seasons here.

Bottom line is that he can scream "vulture, hater, douchebag, etc." all he wants, but everyone who disagrees with him has been consistently right and he's been consistently wrong.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#148 » by MartinToVaught » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:03 pm

NickP wrote:Don't get personal with me. Don't go there.
FACT? What damn fact? That Kawhi put a gun to Ballmer's head? Noe you're being a moron, it's called going out and getting one of the best players in the league. Period. Did Lebron get a championship his first year in Miami? With the talent he had he should have won 4. Not 2.
So STFU about your rhetoric of putting a gun to the owner's head or that Kawhi is bolting.
If you think people are getting into your face then state real facts. Don't pass opinions as your facts.

The irony here is that Doc only got the Clippers job in the first place because CP3 forced us to trade for him by using his free agency as leverage. I've never seen any outrage from esqtvd over that, even though it's the exact same behavior he's criticizing Kawhi for.
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#149 » by NickP » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:19 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
NickP wrote:Don't get personal with me. Don't go there.

The irony here is that Doc only got the Clippers job in the first place because CP3 forced us to trade for him by using his free agency as leverage. I've never seen any outrage from esqtvd over that, even though it's the exact same behavior he's criticizing Kawhi for.

Exactly.
The league is built around superstars. The Lakers had to give up a lot for AD. You only get one chance to make it happen. We got one chance to get Kawhi and we got him at all cost.
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Re: A Sixers Fan Posing as a Clippers Fan 

Post#150 » by Quake Griffin » Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:34 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
Quake Griffin wrote:So funny how you have turned into the piece of crap that d-bags his own team after years of criticizing MTV for it.

He hasn't "turned into" anything, this is who he's always been - an extreme contrarian who will always find scapegoats to blame instead of Doc and Doc's favorites. This new shtick of blaming everything on Kawhi and PG is no different than how he treated Zubac during the season. Or when he blamed Ty and Sin for the epic failure of the Austin Rivers Nepotism Showcase. The only real mystery is why anyone would be so loyal to an overpaid, overrated blowhard of a coach who accomplished nothing in seven seasons here.

Bottom line is that he can scream "vulture, hater, douchebag, etc." all he wants, but everyone who disagrees with him has been consistently right and he's been consistently wrong.

It is kinda funny that you mention that.

Because you were here for years with the anti-Doc message and nobody left. It is kinda when he got here and started literally contesting everything you wrote that people started to leave.

Was it the Doc hate or was it him contesting all things anti-Doc?

“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#151 » by TheNewEra » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:50 am

Let’s hope for the best with a new season around the corner
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,290

Post#152 » by nickhx2 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:52 am

absolutely
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,141

Post#153 » by og15 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:52 am

How did this just become a Doc discussion? Esqtvd, I don’t understand the doubling down on everything Doc, who cares, just let it go. Doc is not anything special to spend the energy defending his honour or whatever. Also let’s all keep it clean and avoid name calling.

TheNewEra wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:Huh, that's strange - I was told the whole basketball world was only laughing at Kawhi and PG and not Doc:

Read on Twitter

For the record, I can't think of a single former player who's had anything good to say about Doc. It's either silence or calling out his terrible coaching. It really speaks volumes.

Insane how he just admits we didn’t have a counter

The counter was “move the ball”, duh! :wink:
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#154 » by TheNewEra » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:32 am

This team really didn’t release any serious practice footage wtf
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#155 » by esqtvd » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:52 am

og15 wrote:How did this just become a Doc discussion? Esqtvd, I don’t understand the doubling down on everything Doc, who cares, just let it go. Doc is not anything special to spend the energy defending his honour or whatever. Also let’s all keep it clean and avoid name calling.

Then do your job and actually read the damn board lol. I'm not the one talking about Doc at all. He's been gone for months. I'm talking about the worst choke in NBA history and how people are still laughing because the people responsible for it are still here.

Now PG gets the mega-extension because the Clippers have no choice but to double down on last year's disaster.

Read on Twitter

If Kawhi doesn't re-sign, this org is in the crapper for the next decade. That's the state of the union, OG, and that's all I've been saying. If you're going to moderate then read the board first. Some people are still d-bagging on Austin Rivers ffs. :lol:
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#156 » by NickP » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:28 am

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:How did this just become a Doc discussion? Esqtvd, I don’t understand the doubling down on everything Doc, who cares, just let it go. Doc is not anything special to spend the energy defending his honour or whatever. Also let’s all keep it clean and avoid name calling.

Then do your job and actually read the damn board lol. I'm not the one talking about Doc at all. He's been gone for months. I'm talking about the worst choke in NBA history and how people are still laughing because the people responsible for it are still here.

Now PG gets the mega-extension because the Clippers have no choice but to double down on last year's disaster.

Read on Twitter

If Kawhi doesn't re-sign, this org is in the crapper for the next decade. That's the state of the union, OG, and that's all I've been saying. If you're going to moderate then read the board first. Some people are still d-bagging on Austin Rivers ffs. :lol:

Ah. This org is in the crapper theory again. At least try to camo your disdain for this team. :crazy:
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#157 » by esqtvd » Fri Dec 11, 2020 5:37 am

hey mister "moderator," can I do a single post around here without Shemp crawling up my ass 5 minutes later? :lol:
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#158 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:29 am

esqtvd wrote:hey mister "moderator," can I do a single post around here without Shemp crawling up my ass 5 minutes later? :lol:

You're projecting harder than a movie theater.
NickP
Bench Warmer

Post#159 » by NickP » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:37 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:hey mister "moderator," can I do a single post around here without Shemp crawling up my ass 5 minutes later? :lol:

You're projecting harder than a movie theater.

LMFAO
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,141

Post#160 » by og15 » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:47 pm

Looks like this thread has served its purpose as we've moved to attacking each other

Return to Los Angeles Clippers