Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Re: Luke Kennard 4 Years $64 Ms 

Post#141 » by TheNewEra » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:55 pm

RingColluder wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:I believe you can't trade him until his extension kicks in which is over the summer/next season

I believe Luke can be traded but the $3.7M he's making this year won't bring back an impact player, and his extension looks like an albatross at the moment.

IMO, Zubac is the only one with real trade value and only middling. If Patterson agreed to a trade we could package Zu with Pat Pat and Fi for PJ Tucker, but does that really make us better?

Code: Select all

[b]Players with Trade Restrictions[/b]
Patrick Patterson from Los Angeles Clippers
Patterson is a one year bird player, which means he must agree to the deal for any trade to happen. Further, if Patterson agrees to be traded, his Bird status will be reset and he will be viewed as a non-bird free agent this summer.

Not at all. I'd keep Zu over PJ Tucker.

We need a center or a PG, I can't believe how bad Luke kennard is playing.

If we had not signed him to a deal, we'd be able to trade him easier. Such an awful contract, one of the worst in Clippers history besides that Blake Griffin max deal. Awful job.

I'd be willing to trade Zu for a legit PG veteran plus pieces and risk playing Ibaka and Morris heavy minutes.

So who are you having defend the Jokic, Ayton, Ad/Gasol, and Nurk of the playoffs ?
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#142 » by TheNewEra » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:01 am

Wammy Giveaway wrote:
RingColluder wrote:We need a center or a PG, I can't believe how bad Luke kennard is playing.

If we had not signed him to a deal, we'd be able to trade him easier. Such an awful contract, one of the worst in Clippers history besides that Blake Griffin max deal. Awful job.

I'd be willing to trade Zu for a legit PG veteran plus pieces and risk playing Ibaka and Morris heavy minutes.

I now have to wonder if the main reason why they did these deals was so that other teams wouldn't swoop in to steal their players, like a pseudo no-trade clause/shield. George's extension prevents other teams from getting him for the rest of the season. They basically are betting that the roster they created/fixed is good enough, and would rather stick with that than trade their players just because the trade deadline exists and every other team is trading - so they don't feel left out. The only reason why Leonard didn't extend his contract has more to do with empowering the franchise to prove themselves: "If you fail to get past the 2nd round, I'm gone."

Unfortunately, by doing that, they basically locked themselves out from doing any sort of additional move whatsoever. We may see the Clippers going into the playoffs with just 14 players and the 15th spot unused. If any new addition occurs, it'll be one of their 2-way players. We just need to know which 2-way player is the most likely candidate to get the 15th spot.

The front office will likely find a way to fix the situation before the deadline
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,072

Post#143 » by og15 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:15 am

TheNewEra wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
esqtvd wrote:

I believe Luke can be traded but the $3.7M he's making this year won't bring back an impact player, and his extension looks like an albatross at the moment.

IMO, Zubac is the only one with real trade value and only middling. If Patterson agreed to a trade we could package Zu with Pat Pat and Fi for PJ Tucker, but does that really make us better?

Code: Select all

[b]Players with Trade Restrictions[/b]
Patrick Patterson from Los Angeles Clippers
Patterson is a one year bird player, which means he must agree to the deal for any trade to happen. Further, if Patterson agrees to be traded, his Bird status will be reset and he will be viewed as a non-bird free agent this summer.

So who are you having defend the Jokic, Ayton, Ad/Gasol, and Nurk of the playoffs ?

Ayton isn’t really an “interior” player, he’s not pushing people around. Gasol isn’t doing too much on offense these days, but guarding Jokic with no Zubac or similar playable big man with size on the team would be a pretty bad decision.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#144 » by esqtvd » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:40 am

og15 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

Ayton isn’t really an “interior” player, he’s not pushing people around. Gasol isn’t doing too much on offense these days, but guarding Jokic with no Zubac or similar playable big man with size on the team would be a pretty bad decision.

Joker put up 47 against the Jazz in January, presumably much of it vs Gobert. I'm not sure there's much of a cure for him when he's on. :o
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,072

Post#145 » by og15 » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:00 am

esqtvd wrote:
og15 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:

Joker put up 47 against the Jazz in January, presumably much of it vs Gobert. I'm not sure there's much of a cure for him when he's on. :o

He's a beast, in general stars when they are on can't be contained, but I think NewEra is talking about the average game, not the outlier ones. To be fair to Gobert, Jokic did most of his work on Favors or other defenders, but Gobert's defensive strength is his impact on the team and his rim deterrence and help defense.

Gobert is actually not known for his post defense, he's farily skinny, has a weak based and can be pushed around. Again, to be fair, Jokic did most of his work on other guys, but Zion also pushed Gobert around, and Embiid not on Jokic while a great defender for the team is not a particularly great man to man post defender and can't handle anyone that has size and can move him. He has a weak base and gets moved around easily, and Jokic can move people, Zion was pushing Gobert around too, Embiid destroyed him (40/19), and that one it wasn't Embiid doing work on other guys.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,384

Post#146 » by Roscoe Sheed » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:35 am

It might be time for Kennard to take some of Batum's minutes. It's not like Batum has been some defensive juggernaut.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#147 » by TheNewEra » Mon Mar 15, 2021 12:49 pm

og15 wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

I still don’t like the size matchup and potential threat in the pick and roll having Paul roaming around. Ayton is also like to crash the offensive glass so I would prefer to have as many big bodies as possible. The lakers same thing I like the just in case factor and even when it comes to Trez we know Zu and Harrell love to bang inside and both want to get physical which could work in our favor
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#148 » by madmaxmedia » Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:13 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:It might be time for Kennard to take some of Batum's minutes. It's not like Batum has been some defensive juggernaut.

If there’s a chance it could work, we should at least try it. Because otherwise we’ll be outmanned in the playoffs anyways.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#149 » by Clemenza » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:It might be time for Kennard to take some of Batum's minutes. It's not like Batum has been some defensive juggernaut.

Either him or Morris Sr. Somebody has to jump into that 3rd scoring role badly

Return to Los Angeles Clippers