ImageImageImageImageImage

GAME 2: LAC @ NUGGETS--Christmas Day 7:30PM on ESPN

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Re: GAME 2: LAC @ NUGGETS--Christmas Day 7:30PM on ESPN 

Post#101 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:02 am

The ball movement has been incredible all game. Really impressive stuff.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,832

Post#102 » by ejftw » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:03 am

MartinToVaught wrote:The ball movement has been incredible all game. Really impressive stuff.

30 dimes on 39 made field goals...so beautiful
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#103 » by nickhx2 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:04 am

big plays by a lot of guys just now. from that ibaka 3, to the lou 3, to the ibaka D on the murray 3, and the PG jumper just now
ejftw
General Manager

Post#104 » by ejftw » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:05 am

Serge needs to finish those.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,060

Post#105 » by og15 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:05 am

People hate Reggie so much, lol

He's the 5th guard, he has 13 minutes on the night. I think it's fine that he gives him burn, but has a fairly short leash. Reggie is a capable basketball player, just need to use him in the right situations.

On a team at the level, if he's in a role wherw you can take him out as soon as needed and don't have to rely on him, it's perfectly fine. He's good 3rd string guard depth.
ejftw
General Manager

Post#106 » by ejftw » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:06 am

og15 wrote:People hate Reggie so much, lol

He's the 5th guard, he has 13 minutes on the night. I think it's fine that he gives him burn, but has a fairly short leash. Reggie is a capable basketball player, just need to use him in the right situations.

On a team at the level, if he's in a role wherw you can take him out as soon as needed and don't have to rely on him, it's perfectly fine. He's good 3rd string guard depth.

I hate him because the Clippers had to cut Ky Bowman, who I would've preferred over him, on top of his subpar play.

Can we bring back Richie Frahm :cry:
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#107 » by TheNewEra » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:06 am

Finish strong
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#108 » by esqtvd » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:07 am

playaloc916 wrote:Beautiful ball movement, big 3 by Lou

oh do we like Lou now?

please update me, Play
I thought we hated him

tryin to be part of the New Positivity :lol:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#109 » by TheNewEra » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:09 am

Reggie has played far from capable. He had 3 of his mistakes erased by luck and he’s generally terrible on defense.

3rd string guards don’t play every game and the fact that he does because of Beverly and foul trouble will be a consistent issue. We also know Beverly will miss time as his age with nagging injuries and he will have a even larger role. Once the vet min goes down we need to explore using the last spot. You can’t go into the postseason with Reggie getting minutes because of fouls or injuries
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,883

Post#110 » by esqtvd » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:09 am

we hate everybody from the coach on down

best fans in the NBA, OG
except all the rest
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
ejftw
General Manager

Post#111 » by ejftw » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:12 am

Even after the Nuggets nearly cut it to single digits, and after Kawhi went down, I didn't have an iota of worry the same way I've had for the past decade or so. Hell, last time I didn't have worries like this was when we had Rick Brunson starting because I didn't expect much to begin with.

Lue is on point with his time-outs, his adjustments were amazing, the fact he properly staggered Kawhi and PG and how he actually utilized subs and not hockey line changes is a breath of fresh air.

He does need to give Reggie a shorter leash, however.

I'm not expecting Kawhi to play Sunday, so it'll be interesting to see if Mook is back by then.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#112 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:12 am

esqtvd wrote:we hate everybody from the coach on down

best fans in the NBA, OG
except all the rest

:lol: You are so mad that Doc and Trez got exposed once and for all as the true chokers tonight.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#113 » by TheNewEra » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:13 am

ejftw wrote:

I hate him because the Clippers had to cut Ky Bowman, who I would've preferred over him, on top of his subpar play.

He’s so bad and out of control it’s maddening for his level of experience. He was a negative 4 playing double digits in a game we had a double digit lead most of the game!

Lol not falling for his crap again
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#114 » by nickhx2 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:13 am

if this game didn't give the team confidence in lue, then i don't know what will.

staving off a denver comeback without kawhi. everyone stepping up big instead of the usual doc-led collapse. what a game.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#115 » by NippySudz » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:14 am

If we had doc, we lose this game

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#116 » by og15 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:14 am

ejftw wrote:

Haha, real throwback with Frahm. I'm still a Rick Brunson fan, guy was clutch in his own mind too.

Always have to be prepared for injury. The question becomes if a guard or two gets injured and you need someone off the bench to play extended minutes and fit with your other players, can Bowman do it, or can Jackson? It's hard for a below average shooting guard like Bowman to get a roster spot over a vet like Jackson. Very unlikely.
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#117 » by playaloc916 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:14 am

esqtvd wrote:
playaloc916 wrote:Beautiful ball movement, big 3 by Lou

oh do we like Lou now?

please update me, Play
I thought we hated him

tryin to be part of the New Positivity :lol:

wtf is your problem dude, your starting to piss me off
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,186

Post#118 » by Max Headrom » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:15 am

The team didn't panic when the Nuggets cut the lead. Departure for sure from the team last year. And like other posters have stated, Lue calls timeouts at the right time when the team isn't playing well. Doesn't let it linger. Seems to get the team focused quickly and go out and do work.
ejftw
General Manager

Post#119 » by ejftw » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:17 am

og15 wrote:
ejftw wrote:

Haha, real throwback with Frahm. I'm still a Rick Brunson fan, guy was clutch in his own mind too.

Always have to be prepared for injury. The question becomes if a guard or two gets injured and you need someone off the bench to play extended minutes and fit with your other players, can Bowman do it, or can Jackson? It's hard for a below average shooting guard like Bowman to get a roster spot over a vet like Jackson. Very unlikely.

Hey, Brunson kept us in the playoff hunt :lol:

Going with throwbacks, we should go Jaric and retire his number. Because of him, we got Sam Cassell and the 06 run along with the Minny pick, which helped get CP. He's a legend.

I get what you mean, however, it's not like Jackson himself is a good shooter. Bowman can at least improve, I don't see that for Reggie. In either case, as long as we avoid the injury bug, and Lue having a Doc-esque infatuation with Reggie, all this is moot to discuss, because, as you said, he won't get much burn and has a shorter leash
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#120 » by og15 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 6:18 am

TheNewEra wrote:

Reggie has played far from capable. He had 3 of his mistakes erased by luck and he’s generally terrible on defense.

3rd string guards don’t play every game and the fact that he does because of Beverly and foul trouble will be a consistent issue. We also know Beverly will miss time as his age with nagging injuries and he will have a even larger role. Once the vet min goes down we need to explore using the last spot. You can’t go into the postseason with Reggie getting minutes because of fouls or injuries

Beverley needs to stop fouling. Unless the injury bug really hits, or Kennard is for some reason unplayable, I really don't see how Reggie could sneak himself unto the floor in the playoffs if he isn't playing very well.

After Bev, George, Lou (if not traded) and Kennard, there's also Batum playing as a guard as options for guard minutes. In a shortened playoff rotation, if Jackson is an option, then something else would need to be up.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers