esqtvd wrote:

oh do we like Lou now?

please update me, Play
I thought we hated him

tryin to be part of the New Positivity

wtf is your problem dude, your starting to piss me off
You're a season late unfortunately

Sent from my LM-Q710(FGN) using Tapatalk

Not just one season. He spent his first few years here obsessively defending GM Doc, Austin, and Avery Bradley from all criticism.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Re: GAME 2: LAC @ NUGGETS--Christmas Day 7:30PM on ESPN 

Post#162 » by NickP » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:21 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
playaloc916 wrote:wtf is your problem dude, your starting to piss me off

Not just one season. He spent his first few years here obsessively defending GM Doc, Austin, and Avery Bradley from all criticism.

It's sad but this was his MO on the now defunct Clippers board.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 774

Post#163 » by donemilio21 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:24 am

nickhx2 wrote:i've been mulling over it some and i just have a really hard time seeing how we're not much better off with batum starting and morris coming off the bench.

because beverley is not a floor general, the starting lineup needs more passing, not scoring. and the bench lineup needs less passing (with lou and kennard already there) and more of a scoring focal point.

so we'll see how things go when morris returns to full health, but i just don't see how we don't go with that. or at least go with more lineups that feature batum with kawhi/PG.

I honestly would like to see a few different starting 5s against different opponents to make a decision.
Besides PG & Kawhi, Lue has to choose between Zubac/Ibaka, Batum/Morris, so that is at least 4 different starting 5 combinations we may want to try.
Regardless I think what matters most is who gets to close the game.
NippySudz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,460

Post#164 » by NippySudz » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:29 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:
playaloc916 wrote:wtf is your problem dude, your starting to piss me off

I'm new here. I tried to give doc the benefit of the doubt last season. Was very patient with him as I saw some promise but there were some losses you just can't ignore that was entirely on him.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Post#165 » by Scoundreldays » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:54 am

NippySudz wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:You're a season late unfortunately

I'm new here. I tried to give doc the benefit of the doubt last season. Was very patient with him as I saw some promise but there were some losses you just can't ignore that was entirely on him.

I'm in the same boat as you. I was mostly a lurker last year but would always read the game threads. At first I thought MTV was being too hard on Doc but I started to slowly see his frustration throughout the season. I think it was when Luka made that game winner in the first round on Reggie Jackson where I started to really buy in Doc was a problem. I truly jumped off the Doc support when for the pregame conference of game 7 against the Nuggets he told the press ran rah speeches do not do anything for a team. In that situation about to blow a 3-1 lead you need to rah rah up your team even if that isn't your normal style. When I heard that I knew Clips where done in game 7.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#166 » by esqtvd » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:49 am

Scoundreldays wrote: I truly jumped off the Doc support when for the pregame conference of game 7 against the Nuggets he told the press ran rah speeches do not do anything for a team. In that situation about to blow a 3-1 lead you need to rah rah up your team even if that isn't your normal style. When I heard that I knew Clips where done in game 7.

PG tried the rah-rah thing before Game 7 and the players just rolled their eyes. Pat Bev is always doing the rah-rah thing. But the Clippers collapsed. Which I don't want to rehash here. It's a new season and there's no point in bagging on guys who are STILL HERE.

The only way to know who's to blame is to watch this season unfold and see if it happens again. I'm not so invested in being right that I'm rooting for a collapse, proving that it was Kawhi and PG's horrible performance that was really to blame. I hope it doesn't happen again. Period.

At the moment the blame game is rigged--if the Clippers win that means that last year was Doc's fault; if they lose it's because the Clippers hired Doc's assistant Ty Lue. Sweet. :wink:

The season is two games old--way too soon to draw any conclusions or do any victory dances.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#167 » by MartinToVaught » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:40 am

esqtvd wrote:The only way to know who's to blame is to watch this season unfold and see if it happens again.

We've been watching it unfold, and last night proved irrefutably that Doc and Trez were the true chokers. We 100% would have lost the game with those two frauds when Denver started coming back, just like we lost Games 5-7.

I'm not so invested in being right that I'm rooting for a collapse, proving that it was Kawhi and PG's horrible performance that was really to blame. I hope it doesn't happen again. Period.

Sorry, but you already let the board know where you stand on this team as soon as they fired your favorite coach. Too late to walk it back now.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#168 » by esqtvd » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:07 am

that is a lie
please stop harassing me
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,956

Post#169 » by ejftw » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:20 am

NippySudz wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:
NippySudz wrote:You're a season late unfortunately

I wanted Doc gone after the Houston collapse and his lack of ability to actually coach the Lob City teams past the second round. Fully wish we could go back in time and not even consider hiring him...even bringing back Dunleavy probably would've paid more dividends with Lob City than Doc did.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,295

Post#170 » by nickhx2 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:24 am

probably, solely because we wouldn't have doc ruining the team for years with his disastrous personnel decisions
NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#171 » by NippySudz » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:34 pm

[quote="nickhx2":****]probably, solely because we wouldn't have doc ruining the team for years with his disastrous personnel decisions[/quote:****][tweet:****]1342999961580019725[/tweet:****]

They're starting to feel it

NippySudz
Assistant Coach

Post#172 » by NippySudz » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:40 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
esqtvd wrote:The only way to know who's to blame is to watch this season unfold and see if it happens again.

We've been watching it unfold, and last night proved irrefutably that Doc and Trez were the true chokers. We 100% would have lost the game with those two frauds when Denver started coming back, just like we lost Games 5-7.

I'm not so invested in being right that I'm rooting for a collapse, proving that it was Kawhi and PG's horrible performance that was really to blame. I hope it doesn't happen again. Period.

Sorry, but you already let the board know where you stand on this team as soon as they fired your favorite coach. Too late to walk it back now.
I don't think trezz choked. He wasn't put in a position to succeed. Out of shape, had no birth coming into the playoffs playing big mins in unfavorable match ups. Vogel isn't going to make that mistake. If trezz is outmatched, he's sitting. Just like how Dwight did.

It's doc that's responsible for all this sh--t. Doc and doc alone.

Who's idea was it to go to an all defensively bad line up of Reggie, trez, and lou for extended periods? That's doc!

Screw doc

TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#173 » by TheNewEra » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:45 pm

Lou Will and PG13 might have to pull it off again for the next game

Return to Los Angeles Clippers