ImageImageImageImageImage

FS Prime Ticket. Which streaming service?

Moderators: QRich3, og15, TrueLAfan

NickP
Junior
Posts: 322
And1: 156
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

FS Prime Ticket. Which streaming service? 

Post#1 » by NickP » Fri Jan 1, 2021 8:40 pm

Youtube TV dropped this and I'd like to know if anyone can point me to a service that can get me FSPT. Thanks.
User avatar
apet8945
Junior
Posts: 306
And1: 82
Joined: Feb 15, 2012

Re: FS Prime Ticket. Which streaming service? 

Post#2 » by apet8945 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 11:02 pm

NickP wrote:Youtube TV dropped this and I'd like to know if anyone can point me to a service that can get me FSPT. Thanks.


This one hits close to home so I'm going into story time mode here. Skip the first two paragraphs if you don't want the context and back story.

I too have Youtube TV and when I found out that it was dropping Prime Ticket around this time last year, I was not happy. So I went to find out what streaming services still had PT and tried their free trials (Hulu, FuboTV, Sling etc). None of them were as good as Youtube TV. I had gotten too used to good features like starting a live broadcast from the beginning, unlimited DVR space, one time set up to record any and all Clippers games that get broadcasted (even replays of the same game) and of course the great stream quality. Each of the other services were either lacking in at least one of these features. But then Covid-19 happened and we didn't have basketball for 5 months. When it finally came back, every game was being broadcasted on national TV so it wasn't a problem. Although, I did seem to have some hiccups with Youtube TV trying to black out the Clippers games because I'm in LA. I usually just had to refresh the browser and it would immediately come back up, but it seemed as if they were trying to black them out.

As the new season was approaching, I started figuring out how I was going to watch the games. And to my surprise, all of the major streaming services have now also dropped PT (among other Fox Sports channels). And considering I'm in LA, I have to imagine they will attempt to black out any of the games on national TV as well. So it was looking like I either had to go back to traditional cable, borrow a friends cable account to watch on the Fox Sports App, or watch pirated streams. NBA League Pass doesn't work either unless you have a VPN to mask your location so it doesn't black the games out, which would be another extra cost. None of these choices were ideal because I don't always have time to watch live games. I want to be able to record them so I can start watching them on my own time. So I searched and found a paid streaming service that might be the golden ticket - HeheStreams.

HeheStreams seems to have gotten a lot of good reviews on different corners of the Internet, especially referring to their customer service, so I gave them a try. I got the $100 package for the full season and can watch every NBA game, not just Clippers. I've used it for the 5 games we've played so far, and while it hasn't completely blown me away, it delivers on all my must-have features. I can record every game, full access to replays and recordings at any time, pause during live broadcasts, rewind during live broadcasts (all the way to the beginning of the game if I want to), and they actually don't play ads or commercials during timeouts. There are also other features like chatting with others during games, choosing between watching the home or away broadcast, etc.

One drawback is if I'm late to a game, I have to join the broadcast live and then quickly rewind to the beginning without hopefully seeing the score. Youtube TV gives the option to start a broadcast from the beginning, which is nice. Not too big of a deal but can be a little annoying. Also the quality of the streams is not quite Youtube TV status, but it is very adequate. I have not had problems with stream buffering or anything but sometimes the streams can sound weird.

Overall 8/10 so far. I've been pleasantly surprised. I would check them out even if it is a little asinine to pay extra to watch your favorite sports team. They do have a free trial. But I wouldn't recommend waiting until right before a game starts to try the free trial or purchase a subscription. They aren't a big enough service to have things automated yet so everything is reviewed and approved by an actual person. They'll get to you within a few hours.
NickP
Junior
Posts: 322
And1: 156
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: FS Prime Ticket. Which streaming service? 

Post#3 » by NickP » Fri Jan 1, 2021 11:25 pm

apet8945 wrote:
NickP wrote:Youtube TV dropped this and I'd like to know if anyone can point me to a service that can get me FSPT. Thanks.


This one hits close to home so I'm going into story time mode here. Skip the first two paragraphs if you don't want the context and back story.

I too have Youtube TV and when I found out that it was dropping Prime Ticket around this time last year, I was not happy. So I went to find out what streaming services still had PT and tried their free trials (Hulu, FuboTV, Sling etc). None of them were as good as Youtube TV. I had gotten too used to good features like starting a live broadcast from the beginning, unlimited DVR space, one time set up to record any and all Clippers games that get broadcasted (even replays of the same game) and of course the great stream quality. Each of the other services were either lacking in at least one of these features. But then Covid-19 happened and we didn't have basketball for 5 months. When it finally came back, every game was being broadcasted on national TV so it wasn't a problem. Although, I did seem to have some hiccups with Youtube TV trying to black out the Clippers games because I'm in LA. I usually just had to refresh the browser and it would immediately come back up, but it seemed as if they were trying to black them out.

As the new season was approaching, I started figuring out how I was going to watch the games. And to my surprise, all of the major streaming services have now also dropped PT (among other Fox Sports channels). And considering I'm in LA, I have to imagine they will attempt to black out any of the games on national TV as well. So it was looking like I either had to go back to traditional cable, borrow a friends cable account to watch on the Fox Sports App, or watch pirated streams. NBA League Pass doesn't work either unless you have a VPN to mask your location so it doesn't black the games out, which would be another extra cost. None of these choices were ideal because I don't always have time to watch live games. I want to be able to record them so I can start watching them on my own time. So I searched and found a paid streaming service that might be the golden ticket - HeheStreams.

HeheStreams seems to have gotten a lot of good reviews on different corners of the Internet, especially referring to their customer service, so I gave them a try. I got the $100 package for the full season and can watch every NBA game, not just Clippers. I've used it for the 5 games we've played so far, and while it hasn't completely blown me away, it delivers on all my must-have features. I can record every game, full access to replays and recordings at any time, pause during live broadcasts, rewind during live broadcasts (all the way to the beginning of the game if I want to), and they actually don't play ads or commercials during timeouts. There are also other features like chatting with others during games, choosing between watching the home or away broadcast, etc.

One drawback is if I'm late to a game, I have to join the broadcast live and then quickly rewind to the beginning without hopefully seeing the score. Youtube TV gives the option to start a broadcast from the beginning, which is nice. Not too big of a deal but can be a little annoying. Also the quality of the streams is not quite Youtube TV status, but it is very adequate. I have not had problems with stream buffering or anything but sometimes the streams can sound weird.

Overall 8/10 so far. I've been pleasantly surprised. I would check them out even if it is a little asinine to pay extra to watch your favorite sports team. They do have a free trial. But I wouldn't recommend waiting until right before a game starts to try the free trial or purchase a subscription. They aren't a big enough service to have things automated yet so everything is reviewed and approved by an actual person. They'll get to you within a few hours.

Thanks so much for your detailed reply. Much appreciated.
I've tried using a VPN but I'm so far unsuccessful with YouTube tv. It still gives me the blackout message for NBA TV. I'm going to try the hehestreams and see. Thanks.
User avatar
apet8945
Junior
Posts: 306
And1: 82
Joined: Feb 15, 2012

Re: FS Prime Ticket. Which streaming service? 

Post#4 » by apet8945 » Fri Jan 1, 2021 11:43 pm

NickP wrote:Thanks so much for your detailed reply. Much appreciated.
I've tried using a VPN but I'm so far unsuccessful with YouTube tv. It still gives me the blackout message for NBA TV. I'm going to try the hehestreams and see. Thanks.


No problem man. Let me know how it works out for you :)
ejftw
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,915
And1: 660
Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Contact:
         

Re: FS Prime Ticket. Which streaming service? 

Post#5 » by ejftw » Sat Jan 2, 2021 12:28 am

I had a family member that had Spectrum, and use their log in. If you could do that, its the best.

On FSGO*
Smitty is a Twitter snowflake
NickP
Junior
Posts: 322
And1: 156
Joined: Aug 20, 2020
 

Re: FS Prime Ticket. Which streaming service? 

Post#6 » by NickP » Sat Jan 2, 2021 1:00 am

ejftw wrote:I had a family member that had Spectrum, and use their log in. If you could do that, its the best.

On FSGO*

Spectrum TV I guess? I have internet with spectrum.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers