ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM

Moderators: QRich3, og15, TrueLAfan

User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 20,078
And1: 6,553
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#21 » by babyjax13 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:19 am

People thought PG was going to be on the tier of LeBron/Durant/Kawhi, he's not that player, but he is really, really good. Hoping to pull this out, but it's a fun one to watch, think both teams have some runs.
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 36,838
And1: 16,561
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#22 » by og15 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:19 am

The bench really had a tough time, hence why Lue went heavy on the starters. The bench just did not have it in that first half. It would be nice for the bench to make a little run in the second half so that the starters don't have to carry it the whole way.
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,777
And1: 14,102
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#23 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:21 am

ejftw wrote:I don't get the PG hate right now, yeah, he's been missing everything but he's been pesky on D and has been keeping us in the match imo

The whole rollercoaster ride with him just gets exhausting sometimes. It is nice to see him contribute on defense, of course, but still.
Image
Clemenza
Veteran
Posts: 2,530
And1: 1,808
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#24 » by Clemenza » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:24 am

Game
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 36,838
And1: 16,561
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#25 » by og15 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:25 am

That's a real rough start to the 2nd half
Clemenza
Veteran
Posts: 2,530
And1: 1,808
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#26 » by Clemenza » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:25 am

babyjax13 wrote:People thought PG was going to be on the tier of LeBron/Durant/Kawhi, he's not that player, but he is really, really good. Hoping to pull this out, but it's a fun one to watch, think both teams have some runs.

Who said this?
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 23,367
And1: 7,263
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#27 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:26 am

Don’t know if they can win this one they haven’t ran any plays in a while
ejftw
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,915
And1: 660
Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Contact:
         

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#28 » by ejftw » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:28 am

Utah is 13-28 from three, the Clippers are 6-19. They are also +8 on the glass...Lue needs to make game by game adjustments as well, Ibaka shouldn't be in often vs Gobert
Smitty is a Twitter snowflake
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 36,838
And1: 16,561
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#29 » by og15 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:31 am

Conley is busting them up
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 36,838
And1: 16,561
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#30 » by og15 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:32 am

Clemenza wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:People thought PG was going to be on the tier of LeBron/Durant/Kawhi, he's not that player, but he is really, really good. Hoping to pull this out, but it's a fun one to watch, think both teams have some runs.

Who said this?

I think they mean when he started bursting into the scene as a star SF
Clemenza
Veteran
Posts: 2,530
And1: 1,808
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#31 » by Clemenza » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:32 am

ejftw wrote:Utah is 13-28 from three, the Clippers are 6-19. They are also +8 on the glass...Lue needs to make game by game adjustments as well, Ibaka shouldn't be in often vs Gobert

Just haven't made buckets. We've missed about 6-7 easy shots right under the basket. That's at least ten missed points right there
ejftw
Assistant Coach
Posts: 3,915
And1: 660
Joined: Nov 30, 2008
Contact:
         

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#32 » by ejftw » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:33 am

Why does Mike Conley always seem like he's in his prime against us yikes
Smitty is a Twitter snowflake
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 23,367
And1: 7,263
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#33 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:34 am

Lue leaning on the starters way to much one day after a back to back. They look blown up on defense
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 36,838
And1: 16,561
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#34 » by og15 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:34 am

ejftw wrote:Utah is 13-28 from three, the Clippers are 6-19. They are also +8 on the glass...Lue needs to make game by game adjustments as well, Ibaka shouldn't be in often vs Gobert

Those 3's are mainly Conley who is 6/11, but still, Mitchell and O'neale are combined 5/8, so still really good too
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
Posts: 36,838
And1: 16,561
Joined: Jun 23, 2004
Location: NBA Fan
 

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#35 » by og15 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:37 am

ejftw wrote:Why does Mike Conley always seem like he's in his prime against us yikes

I know, right? But he's actually been good this season unlike how he started last season. 19/6/5 on 45/43 coming into this game
Clemenza
Veteran
Posts: 2,530
And1: 1,808
Joined: Jan 21, 2013
Location: California
   

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#36 » by Clemenza » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:39 am

Put the team on your back Luke
User avatar
MartinToVaught
RealGM
Posts: 10,777
And1: 14,102
Joined: Oct 19, 2014
     

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#37 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:41 am

Luke!
Image
User avatar
esqtvd
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,582
And1: 1,329
Joined: Jun 24, 2017
Location: LA LA LA LAND
Contact:
     

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#38 » by esqtvd » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:41 am

og15 wrote:
ejftw wrote:I don't get the PG hate right now, yeah, he's been missing everything but he's been pesky on D and has been keeping us in the match imo

There's generally a bias when it comes to analyzing PG and Kawhi, seems like people are very willing to throw PG under the bus, but to excuse Kawhi, or shift the blame to something else. Players have bad games, doesn't mean they are trash every time the shot isn't falling, it is going to happen. PG is playing fine for a poor shooting night. He has 6 FT's, he's got 5 steals. The whole thing we want players to do when the shot isn't falling is to contribute in other ways, and he's done that.



It's good to have a moderator present on game threads. Thanks for being here, man.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM
Posts: 23,367
And1: 7,263
Joined: Aug 28, 2008
Location: Lob City
       

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#39 » by TheNewEra » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:42 am

In no realm can Batum keep up with Mitchell if he’s attacking
User avatar
babyjax13
RealGM
Posts: 20,078
And1: 6,553
Joined: Jul 02, 2006
Location: Tuscaloosa Alabama
Contact:
     

Re: Game 6 : Los Angeles Clippers (4-1) @ Utah Jazz (2-2) - 9:00 PM 

Post#40 » by babyjax13 » Sat Jan 2, 2021 3:42 am

og15 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:People thought PG was going to be on the tier of LeBron/Durant/Kawhi, he's not that player, but he is really, really good. Hoping to pull this out, but it's a fun one to watch, think both teams have some runs.

Who said this?

I think they mean when he started bursting into the scene as a star SF


Exactly, I think it set up a perception that he's something more than he is, even when people started to adjust expectations. He's an elite defensive player, and a very good but not dominant offensive player. Most teams (including Utah) would kill to have a player of his caliber. We only have one guy in his tier (Gobert).
Image

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl

Return to Los Angeles Clippers