ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 12 : New Orleans Pelicans (4-5) @ Los Angeles Clippers (7-4) - 10:00 PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,803

Re: Game 12 : New Orleans Pelicans (4-5) @ Los Angeles Clippers (7-4) - 10:00 PM 

Post#41 » by esqtvd » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:14 pm

NippySudz wrote:I like how the season is going so far. Its only 11 games in but I'd like to see the clippers go up big and hold the lead instead of letting teams come back in the game against bad teams. I think that's where it'll show the most that the clippers are mentally focused on the minor details and showing championship focus.

It's no coincedence when the team needed kawhi the most, he showed up. When he puts his imprint on the game, its pretty much a win. I was like where was he for 2 and half quarters? Then he had a monster 4th.

Kawhi is Kawhi. Even if not skipping games, he's on his own load management program. Unfortunately this team still takes its cues from their best player--you'd like to see them play with a sense of urgency even when he doesn't, but not so far.

Despite Ty's urging, we are 28th in pace. Last year we were 8th. This is just not a high-energy group of guys.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
NickP
Rookie
And1: 863

Re: Game 12 : New Orleans Pelicans (4-5) @ Los Angeles Clippers (7-4) - 10:00 PM 

Post#42 » by NickP » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:03 pm

esqtvd wrote:
NippySudz wrote:I like how the season is going so far. Its only 11 games in but I'd like to see the clippers go up big and hold the lead instead of letting teams come back in the game against bad teams. I think that's where it'll show the most that the clippers are mentally focused on the minor details and showing championship focus.

It's no coincedence when the team needed kawhi the most, he showed up. When he puts his imprint on the game, its pretty much a win. I was like where was he for 2 and half quarters? Then he had a monster 4th.

Kawhi is Kawhi. Even if not skipping games, he's on his own load management program. Unfortunately this team still takes its cues from their best player--you'd like to see them play with a sense of urgency even when he doesn't, but not so far.

Despite Ty's urging, we are 28th in pace. Last year we were 8th. This is just not a high-energy group of guys.

Care to explain what you mean by Kawhi has his own load management without skipping games?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers