Game 24 : Boston Celtics (11-9) @ Los Angeles Clippers (17-6) - 10:00 PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,162

Re: Game 24 : Boston Celtics (11-9) @ Los Angeles Clippers (17-6) - 10:00 PM 

Post#81 » by og15 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:35 am

KL2 wrote:lol letting Walker leak like that.

Kennard foul was the momentum killer.

That foul was definitely tough

Don't know what Jackson thought was happening. It was over anyways, but not sure what he was waiting for :lol:

Good game by Boston, Clippers 2nd half defense was just not good enough
Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,202

Post#82 » by Max Headrom » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:35 am

MartinToVaught wrote:This and the Brooklyn game are a big-time reality check. This team is nowhere near as good as its record. Probably another second-round exit at best unless the front office pulls a rabbit out of their hat at the trade deadline.

Dude, you're ridiculous. Both teams aren't at full strength and PG initiates most of the offense. You can't talk about anyone with agendas when all of your post are agenda driven
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#83 » by Max Headrom » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:37 am

JerryWest_44 wrote:Other than the Clips playing with a bit more purpose after falling short in the playoffs they still look the same with coach Lu

:crazy: :crazy:
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#84 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:38 am

It's also very telling how this team basically needs to blow teams out from start to finish. Fourth quarters are a nightmare for this team when they actually have to be clutch. Between that and all the defensive liabilities on our roster, I'm not really seeing a recipe for playoff success here.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#85 » by TheNewEra » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:39 am

That game was constant mistakes to close from 5 mins down.Lou Will threw another pass in traffic that got picked off so he got benched.Luke comes in and a few minutes later fouls a 3pt shooter (and Luke goes passive), Reggie fumbles his defensive assignment and Mann isn’t trusted
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#86 » by playaloc916 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:39 am

KL2 wrote:lol letting Walker leak like that.

Kennard foul was the momentum killer.

That foul basically decided the game :nonono:
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,701

Post#87 » by KL2 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:40 am

4th quarter was a back/forth momentum swing and none bigger than that Kennard foul. Lue shouldn’t have used his challenge there because it cost us a timeout too.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#88 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:41 am

Max Headrom wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:This and the Brooklyn game are a big-time reality check. This team is nowhere near as good as its record. Probably another second-round exit at best unless the front office pulls a rabbit out of their hat at the trade deadline.

Dude, you're ridiculous. Both teams aren't at full strength and PG initiates most of the offense. You can't talk about anyone with agendas when all of your post are agenda driven

Remember when I was "ridiculous" last year for criticizing Doc and Trez? Remind me again what happened in the playoffs?

Sorry, but decades of Clipper fandom has trained me to see when a team isn't good enough, and this team just ain't it. There needs to be big-time moves at the trade deadline, but honestly, we might not have enough assets to pull it off.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#89 » by og15 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:41 am

Lou (although he was good in the 4th quarter tonight), Reggie and Luke all together on the same roster are simply too much of an albatross to win against good teams with. I know I harp on this constantly, but we have to see it constantly, and this team has done nothing to adjust the roster or the rotations.

A lot of trade restrictions for players just ended today, so more trade options just became available. The Clippers due to signing Ibaka and getting hard capped don't have much flexibility when it comes to making roster moves. So complaining that the team isn't doing anything needs to have context attached to it. The team can't even trade Lou Williams' $8M contract for a player making $8.6 million because they would go over the hard cap.

Minimum players can't be signed because it would put them over the hard cap. Clippers can't trade for any player without sending someone out because....over the hard cap. The Clippers can only make trades with less salary coming back or with no more than about $500K higher than what is going out coming back.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#90 » by Max Headrom » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:42 am

KL2 wrote:4th quarter was a back/forth momentum swing and none bigger than that Kennard foul. Lue shouldn’t have used his challenge there because it cost us a timeout too.

I agreed with Mike that the only reason he ran into him is because his leg extended out coming down.

But Kawhi just had a rough couple of last minutes
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#91 » by og15 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:42 am

KL2 wrote:4th quarter was a back/forth momentum swing and none bigger than that Kennard foul. Lue shouldn’t have used his challenge there because it cost us a timeout too.

I didn't really understand that challenge, I didn't think it looked questionable whether that was a 3 or not, seemed like a waste which it ended up being
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#92 » by og15 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:44 am

Max Headrom wrote:

I agreed with Mike that the only reason he ran into him is because his leg extended out coming down.

I didn't watch the replay of the Kennard foul, so that sucks if that is the case. Kawhi missed some makeable shots, that is bound to happen. I actually think that Kawhi's turnover when the Clippers got the steal was the bigger determining play than the Kennard foul, he got too excited and try to push it through traffic when he should have been patient since the Clippers were up 1.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#93 » by Max Headrom » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:50 am

og15 wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

I didn't watch the replay of the Kennard foul, so that sucks if that is the case. Kawhi missed some makeable shots, that is bound to happen. I actually think that Kawhi's turnover when the Clippers got the steal was the bigger determining play than the Kennard foul, he got too excited and try to push it through traffic when he should have been patient since the Clippers were up 1.

Yeah, Kawhi had some really costly plays. If he doesn't turn it over after the steal, that's game. But am I trippin but was that not a over and back by Walker after he recovered the ball after the steal? Kawhi lost it on Boston side, Kemba initially recovers it on the Boston side but when to the other side of the court and came back
KL2
Analyst

Post#94 » by KL2 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:52 am

I thought Batum could have held on to the ball too. Not sure the rush to get the ball up the court.

Lue said the offense got stagnant because of the 1 on 1 play. Well, what the heck did you talk about in the huddle? lol
jengmann3
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#95 » by jengmann3 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:55 am

Frustrating loss. This one is on Kawhi in my opinion. Too many turnovers, and bad shots down the stretch. I also felt like him not defending Tatum for much of the game was not a good look. I keep suggesting this, though its far fetched, but they need another defender. Batum is a bit slow footed. I really hope they can get Frank ntilikina somehow. Reggie Jackson was really bad, and Zubac had some frustrating moments even though he had a strong stat line. But this is a bad loss, and one that last years team would have. Also the numerous lineups and weird rotations also give a feel of last years team.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#96 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:58 am

KL2 wrote:Lue said the offense got stagnant because of the 1 on 1 play. Well, what the heck did you talk about in the huddle? lol

This is why I don't understand why people get so offended by the narrative that the Clippers need a point guard. We clearly do. Both the stagnation on offense and having to watch the Kembas of the league torch us defensively makes it very obvious. But our front office would rather blow $64 million on Jerome Robinson 2.0 than address the team's most glaring flaw. :noway:
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#97 » by esqtvd » Sat Feb 6, 2021 6:03 am

KL2 wrote:Lou no hesitation there. He should have taken the previous shot too.

You rip the guy's heart out and his balls off and expect him to Kobe out?

“In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst."

Lou came through. Once again. 18 points, 6 assists and a team-high plus+3. Senior [minus-4] and Luke [minus-5] just signed contracts worth as much as Lou made IN HIS WHOLE CAREER.

I wish we didn't have to depend on Lou at age 34 but we still do. He has to play too many minutes and has to quarterback the second unit when he's really only an undersized scorer. The greatest scorer off the bench OF ALL TIME.

https://clipperholics.com/2019/03/12/lou-williams-sets-bench-scoring-record/

Sorry KL2. This wasn't directed at you, but at others in this thread. Lou Williams is one of the greatest Clippers of all time. Still one of the best Clippers on this year's team until further notice. It makes me angry when Lou is disrespected by so-called "fans" who know nothing about basketball, bro.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
KL2
Analyst

Post#98 » by KL2 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 6:12 am

Lue also said that he thought Leonard could have moved the ball quicker on those blitzes but would look at the film.

I agree but I also thought players stood around watching. Ball movement wasn’t the only thing that went stagnant.

Lou Will said they haven’t had that conversation yet about how much time PG will miss. But have to stay positive and next man up mentality.

Kennard actually had a good aggressive game but I’m going to my grave that foul was what killed our momentum.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,407

Post#99 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Feb 6, 2021 6:31 am

og15 wrote:

I didn't really understand that challenge, I didn't think it looked questionable whether that was a 3 or not, seemed like a waste which it ended up being

the replay on the local broadcast showed that Edwards kicked his leg out. It should have been an offensive foul or at worst a no call
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#100 » by TheNewEra » Sat Feb 6, 2021 6:32 am

Such a strange game that Ibaka and Kennard only had one bucket between them in the second half and it’s still only one basket if you add Reggie.

Lue might tweak the starters again

Return to Los Angeles Clippers