Game 27 : Los Angeles Clippers (18-8) @ Chicago Bulls (10-14) - 8:00 PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Game 27 : Los Angeles Clippers (18-8) @ Chicago Bulls (10-14) - 8:00 PM 

Post#41 » by esqtvd » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:28 am

playaloc916 wrote:
og15 wrote:Mann has added another piece to the rotation that gives the team more versatility, good to see.

Nice to see Lou with some consecutive good games. Jackson also did a solid job with the starters, and Kennard is still scared to play basketball and shoot the ball.

I'm hoping this is the turning point for Mann. His defense has stepped up big time (Pat Bev said that's he constantly on him), and he's not making as many bad decisions as he used to. I remember the same thing happened with Eric Bledsoe. He was in the doghouse, then Baron got injured so VDN had no choice but to play him, and then Bled got good, and fast... Let's hope the same thing happens with Mann.

It's energy and minutes we need badly. All Mann has to do is be in the right place...and get there before the other guy does. :lol:
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#42 » by Clemenza » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:29 am

playaloc916 wrote:
og15 wrote:Mann has added another piece to the rotation that gives the team more versatility, good to see.

Nice to see Lou with some consecutive good games. Jackson also did a solid job with the starters, and Kennard is still scared to play basketball and shoot the ball.

I'm hoping this is the turning point for Mann. His defense has stepped up big time (Pat Bev said that's he constantly on him), and he's not making as many bad decisions as he used to. I remember the same thing happened with Eric Bledsoe. He was in the doghouse, then Baron got injured so VDN had no choice but to play him, and then Bled got good, and fast... Let's hope the same thing happens with Mann.

It's been pretty much a positive contribution out of Mann every single night as of late. If he keeps it up Pat Bev might become expendable before we know it. Looking at his contact he's going to be in a Clipper uniform for a while.

this year.... $ 1.5 million

2022.... $ 1.8 million
2023.... $ 1.9 million (team option)

This is a massively cheap deal for the team considering his performance. I see him with an improved jump shot in 2022 and naturally the team would pick up his option for 2023. If he's around for 2023 he'll be solidified as a NBA player and will receive another deal after that. Hopefully from us.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#43 » by TheNewEra » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:37 am

Good team win
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#44 » by TheNewEra » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:46 am

esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Another good game from Lou Will. We all know he's not getting traded. All good with me as long as we have alternate rotations and sets if the second unit struggles on offense during the post season

I think Ty has been saving Scoring Machine Lou as a Plan B and trying to fashion a more traditional 5 as Plan A
Kawhi-Lou-Senior-Zu-Mann worked ok and will bring more consistent results than living and dying on Lou being hot or cold

Mann also getting minutes with the first unit--27 minutes so far and a team-best plus+20

Kawhi and Batum back out there with Lou-Senior-Mann and a 17-point lead???

We will see how it pans out with the games getting tougher next week. He was DNP against the Nets and 19 mins against Boston. He can earn a case for being playoff rotation player with consistent play

If Luke really ends up in a situation that he’s out of the rotation and we are relying on Lou/Mann/Reggie then that extension looks even worse
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,295

Post#45 » by nickhx2 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:46 am

og15 wrote:Lou bringing some game again tonight, solid performances all around.

Some of those offensive fouls on screens, the guard going early baits their own big into committing them

STOP BLAMING HIM FOR WINNING

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by Clemenza » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:47 am

Read on Twitter

The guy we flipped Luke Kennard for :banghead:
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Post#47 » by Scoundreldays » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:49 am

Awesome!
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#48 » by TheNewEra » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:51 am

og15 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:If Morris Sr. plays anything like this from here on out who's going to stop us?

His 3PT shooting is back to how he was shooting with the Knicks last season which he did for 43 games, if he keeps that up, it will be interesting to have him as that level of a knockdown shooter

He needed this one to get his percentages back up some
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#49 » by playaloc916 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:53 am

Clemenza wrote:
playaloc916 wrote:

It's been pretty much a positive contribution out of Mann every single night as of late. If he keeps it up Pat Bev might become expendable before we know it. Looking at his contact he's going to be in a Clipper uniform for a while.

this year.... $ 1.5 million

2022.... $ 1.8 million
2023.... $ 1.9 million (team option)

This is a massively cheap deal for the team considering his performance. I see him with an improved jump shot in 2022 and naturally the team would pick up his option for 2023. If he's around for 2023 he'll be solidified as a NBA player and will receive another deal after that. Hopefully from us.
Mann might finally become one of our draft picks that actually becomes a rotation player instead of fizzling out like the rest.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#50 » by TheNewEra » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:57 am

Clemenza wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wanted to get him on draft night with his comparisons to Covington and such he would of been a perfect fit. Also would of avoided the current Kennard and Lou issue
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#51 » by MartinToVaught » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:12 am

I was too busy to watch the game today, nice to see we won.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#52 » by esqtvd » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:17 am

TheNewEra wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Another good game from Lou Will. We all know he's not getting traded. All good with me as long as we have alternate rotations and sets if the second unit struggles on offense during the post season

I think Ty has been saving Scoring Machine Lou as a Plan B and trying to fashion a more traditional 5 as Plan A
Kawhi-Lou-Senior-Zu-Mann worked ok and will bring more consistent results than living and dying on Lou being hot or cold

Mann also getting minutes with the first unit--27 minutes so far and a team-best plus+20

Kawhi and Batum back out there with Lou-Senior-Mann and a 17-point lead???

We will see how it pans out with the games getting tougher next week. He was DNP against the Nets and 19 mins against Boston. He can earn a case for being playoff rotation player with consistent play

If Luke really ends up in a situation that he’s out of the rotation and we are relying on Lou/Mann/Reggie then that extension looks even worse

I'm not gonna talk down Kennard in the game threads lol ;-)
it's all pretty obvious to everyone--I hope Ty can pry some minutes out of him, even 10 mpg will help

Lou was saying in the postgame that he and Senior are talking about becoming a dynamic duo, and if they mesh, watch out because Lou is also bringing Zu along--Lou said they have played very little together and talk a lot off the court

I think Lou playing better as well as meshing better with Senior and Zu has made it possible to give Mann more burn too, so Ty is sending Kawhi out there with those 4 and getting positive minutes

Ty may be thinking that if Kennard and/or Reggie can eat up some minutes with the other 4 starters that will solve the rotation minutes--indeed Pat Bev and Reggie seemed to do ok together
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#53 » by esqtvd » Sat Feb 13, 2021 4:52 am

Clemenza wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kennard was drafted #12 in 2017

#13 Donovan Mitchell
#14 Bam Adebayo

some sort of pattern here...
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,173

Post#54 » by og15 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 3:09 pm

Clemenza wrote:
Read on Twitter

Watched the end of that game after the Clippers game ended. I was tempted to mention his performance, but I didn't want to make anyone sad, lol.

He's doing pretty well for a rookie, taking 8.5 3PA/36, hitting 41.7%, nice rebound rate (6.6 rebs/36) and he's at 58.2 TS% with a solid 16.6 pts/36. Of course being on Detroit gives him more freedom, but I like his confidence.

The 4 games before last night he averaged 11.5 ppg / 3.0 rpg on 47/42. Last night put his last 5 games at 15.2 ppg / 4.8 rpg on 57/58 shooting. Of course the hot night skews those numbers, but 10+ pts in 4/5 games is solid.

I don't know how he's actually defended with Detroit, but he was a solid and versatile defender in college. It's always hard with rookies though, the Clippers decision to go for a known commodity and to take a chance on getting more playmaking made sense and still does.

Trading the 19th pick for a former lottery pick is not a bad trade. Hindsight doesn't make it a bad trade, but Bey playing well early can trigger some regret for sure, especially since Kennard has not been able to take on much of a playmaking role here, which was a primary reason for bringing him in.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by Clemenza » Sun Feb 14, 2021 3:51 am

og15 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
Read on Twitter

Watched the end of that game after the Clippers game ended. I was tempted to mention his performance, but I didn't want to make anyone sad, lol.

He's doing pretty well for a rookie, taking 8.5 3PA/36, hitting 41.7%, nice rebound rate (6.6 rebs/36) and he's at 58.2 TS% with a solid 16.6 pts/36. Of course being on Detroit gives him more freedom, but I like his confidence.

The 4 games before last night he averaged 11.5 ppg / 3.0 rpg on 47/42. Last night put his last 5 games at 15.2 ppg / 4.8 rpg on 57/58 shooting. Of course the hot night skews those numbers, but 10+ pts in 4/5 games is solid.

I don't know how he's actually defended with Detroit, but he was a solid and versatile defender in college. It's always hard with rookies though, the Clippers decision to go for a known commodity and to take a chance on getting more playmaking made sense and still does.

Trading the 19th pick for a former lottery pick is not a bad trade. Hindsight doesn't make it a bad trade, but Bey playing well early can trigger some regret for sure, especially since Kennard has not been able to take on much of a playmaking role here, which was a primary reason for bringing him in.

Bingo!

Return to Los Angeles Clippers