ImageImageImageImageImage

Proposed Clippers new Stadium

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

theagent
General Manager
And1: 508

Proposed Clippers new Stadium 

Post#1 » by theagent » Mon Feb 15, 2021 3:15 am

you mean to tell me steve ballmer overpaid to buy The Forum not to demolish it but to just hang on to it and build an arena in a crappy space between prairie and doty off of century blvd? Tear down the Forum its just a building and its not making you any money.
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,296

Re: Proposed Clippers new Stadium 

Post#2 » by nickhx2 » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:08 am

ok
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#3 » by Clemenza » Mon Feb 15, 2021 6:16 pm

theagent wrote:you mean to tell me steve ballmer overpaid to buy The Forum not to demolish it but to just hang on to it and build an arena in a crappy space between prairie and doty off of century blvd? Tear down the Forum its just a building and its not making you any money.

Chess moves.. I see the Forum being torn down eventually but not right now. Its a beloved building in the city and you're starting a sh*t storm and a lot of bad press and ill will if you were to demolish it right now. The Century/Doty parcel is going to be nice too though. That Church's Chicken and hotel will be gone.
theagent
General Manager
And1: 508

Post#4 » by theagent » Tue Feb 16, 2021 12:39 am

By that logic, Ballmer is better of moving the team to Vegas
Quake Griffin
RealGM
And1: 4,640

Post#5 » by Quake Griffin » Tue Feb 16, 2021 3:34 pm

This was Clipper business last year when we were wondering if we were going to be able to build in Inglewood.

Now that he bought it, what he does with the forum, at best, is tangentially related to Clipper business from the fan perspective.
It's his money. He can do whatever he wants with it.

If it's not affecting us getting an arena, who cares?
“I’ve always felt that drafting is the life blood of any organization.” - Jerome Alan West.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#6 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:31 pm

Quake Griffin wrote:This was Clipper business last year when we were wondering if we were going to be able to build in Inglewood.

Now that he bought it, what he does with the forum, at best, is tangentially related to Clipper business from the fan perspective.
It's his money. He can do whatever he wants with it.

If it's not affecting us getting an arena, who cares?

Even when the deal was announced it was not touted as a site for the new Clipper stadium, but as a move enabling him to proceed with building a new arena nearby. The Forum is his billionaire side hustle (somehow...)
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#7 » by TheNewEra » Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:55 am

I’m curious what he plans to do with all of that space
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,900

Post#8 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:14 am

TheNewEra wrote:I’m curious what he plans to do with all of that space

2nd-level concerts, Benny Hinn prayer meetings, trade shows, conventions. Flea market in the parking lot on weekends. Still probably useful and profitable. If not, pave it over and build on it.

Ballmer was blackmailed into buying it off Knicks owner James Dolan, who pulled the same stunt on the Jets. Buy me out or I'll block your new arena in court and government hearings for another 20 years. The price of doing business.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers