ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 29 : Miami Heat (11-15) @ Los Angeles Clippers (20-8) - 10:00PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Re: Game 29 : Miami Heat (11-15) @ Los Angeles Clippers (20-8) - 10:00PM 

Post#101 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:24 pm

Clemenza wrote:Not sure how it works but I say its time to tear up Coffey's two-way contract and give him a real NBA deal. Do it now while it he's still cheap and under the radar. 3 years for $10-12 million or something of that nature. You can always add him to a trade package if it came down to it. Plus it looks like Coffey is the perfect fill in if Kennard is not playing well. We got Mann til 2023 and he makes under $2 million each year. Bare in mind, for reference, a guy like Pat Bev makes $14 million a year

We don't see a lot of Coffey, but I feel like when we do he usually does good things within his role. Not mind-blowing high-ceiling stuff mind you, but good things. I think if he could just add a respectable 3 point shot (based on his G-League stats he hasn't yet), he would get that contract for sure.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Post#102 » by esqtvd » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:27 pm

madmaxmedia wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
KL2 wrote:
Should have clarified I meant last season. Doc never had the guys believing next man up mentality, keep them focused, use all that he had to work with, and make adjustments as needed.

Yes, that 2018-19 team was just like what you describe, and in fact Tobias was traded away and Zu and Shamet only joined the Clippers in mid-season. Shai was a rookie but was developed into a solid NBA player by playoff time. Then they gave the Warriors hell. They believed in each other bigtime.

Last year was battle stations from Day One, fashioning a team out of a bunch of strangers from scratch, with injuries before and during the season destroying continuity. We didn't even get Senior until February. Still, by March it had started to jell and then the COVID hit. We don't EVEN have to rehash that flustercuck. :lol:

This year, we were able to hit the ground running and in just over 6 weeks get our rotation sorted out already. This is to Ty's credit but to compare this year to last year is apples and oranges. Just give us two first-class pros like Ibaka and Batum instead of journeymen Trezz and J-Myke, and our basketball IQ is doubled. Hell, we have two of last year's starters [Zu and Senior] coming off the bench now!! Give us that roster and I think last year comes out quite differently.

Ty also has the benefit of having seen the entirety of last season unfold, up close. Credit to him for having learned the right lessons from that experience (thus far.)

I think Kawhi and PG did too. They are not the same teammates they were last year, what with the load management and especially having their own private locker room. I mean WTF is that? It's definitely more an all-for-one thing now.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,747

Post#103 » by madmaxmedia » Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:33 pm

esqtvd wrote:
madmaxmedia wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Yes, that 2018-19 team was just like what you describe, and in fact Tobias was traded away and Zu and Shamet only joined the Clippers in mid-season. Shai was a rookie but was developed into a solid NBA player by playoff time. Then they gave the Warriors hell. They believed in each other bigtime.

Last year was battle stations from Day One, fashioning a team out of a bunch of strangers from scratch, with injuries before and during the season destroying continuity. We didn't even get Senior until February. Still, by March it had started to jell and then the COVID hit. We don't EVEN have to rehash that flustercuck. :lol:

This year, we were able to hit the ground running and in just over 6 weeks get our rotation sorted out already. This is to Ty's credit but to compare this year to last year is apples and oranges. Just give us two first-class pros like Ibaka and Batum instead of journeymen Trezz and J-Myke, and our basketball IQ is doubled. Hell, we have two of last year's starters [Zu and Senior] coming off the bench now!! Give us that roster and I think last year comes out quite differently.

Ty also has the benefit of having seen the entirety of last season unfold, up close. Credit to him for having learned the right lessons from that experience (thus far.)

I think Kawhi and PG did too. They are not the same teammates they were last year, what with the load management and especially having their own private locker room. I mean WTF is that? It's definitely more an all-for-one thing now.

Right, I mean how is that not going to rub off even level-headed teammates the wrong way, much less guys like Trezz?

Anyway, I'm just happy we seem to be on the right path now.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#104 » by TheNewEra » Wed Feb 17, 2021 5:00 am

Just realized Amir is younger than Mann. Both would be great back end additions to the roster if they can continue to work on their shots. Mann more explosive but Amir has the length

Return to Los Angeles Clippers