Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,204

Re: Game 30 : Utah Jazz (23-5) @ Los Angeles Clippers (21-8) - 10:00PM 

Post#61 » by Max Headrom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:20 am

Clemenza wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
Clemenza wrote:So you're down for losing all three games to the Jazz in the regular season? Don't forget Brooklyn is Sunday. At worst we have to get one out of these three. Of course we need health but this stretch was highlighted and underlined for us to see where we're at

With the way the team played Utah tonight, you add all of the guys that we're missing and I'm actually confident the Clippers can take them in a series

Anything can happen. This gritty team can change back to some other sh*t once PG and Kawhi come back. Not saying this will happen but you know are things are in this game. But I'm sick of this Jazz team every since we were Lob City. We need to beat these MF's on Friday point blank!!

But the team has been gritty all year even with Kawhi and PG in. Lue has a real system and the guys know their roles this year. In the long run, this is good because we're seeing Mann and Coffey can actually contribute on a nightly basis so that's two more role players that can help.

Makes the team deeper. Focusing on the big picture, can't do anything about the injuries the guys have right now. Just hope they're healthy when it counts, that's my hope.
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,707

Post#62 » by KL2 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:23 am

I know it’s irrational but this loss just pisses me off.

Not even looking forward to Friday knowing Leonard, George, and Batum will likely be out. If only this team could get healthy is a bad joke.
JazzyPhinz
Starter
And1: 1,200

Post#63 » by JazzyPhinz » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:25 am

Max Headrom wrote:The way the Clippers are playing without 3 huge pieces, Utah doesn't concern me as much. They should be blowing this Clippers team out right now
And they did
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,227

Post#64 » by Clemenza » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:26 am

KL2 wrote:I know it’s irrational but this loss just pisses me off.

Not even looking forward to Friday knowing Leonard, George, and Batum will likely be out. If only this team could get healthy is a bad joke.

F*ckin' wack if all three are out again on Friday
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,227

Post#65 » by Clemenza » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:29 am

Max Headrom wrote:
Clemenza wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:

With the way the team played Utah tonight, you add all of the guys that we're missing and I'm actually confident the Clippers can take them in a series

Anything can happen. This gritty team can change back to some other sh*t once PG and Kawhi come back. Not saying this will happen but you know are things are in this game. But I'm sick of this Jazz team every since we were Lob City. We need to beat these MF's on Friday point blank!!

But the team has been gritty all year even with Kawhi and PG in. Lue has a real system and the guys know their roles this year. In the long run, this is good because we're seeing Mann and Coffey can actually contribute on a nightly basis so that's two more role players that can help.

Makes the team deeper. Focusing on the big picture, can't do anything about the injuries the guys have right now. Just hope they're healthy when it counts, that's my hope.

I agree with everything you're saying but take this into context.. we were all looking forward to the Utah, Utah, Brooklyn week. The big dogs out against Minny, Cleveland and the likes is fine but this was/is the week to see what's what. Don't dismiss that
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#66 » by TheNewEra » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:29 am

Jazz can definitely be beat but we need a full strength effort. I think Lue should of mixed Ibaka and Zu minutes to maybe pull Gobert out of the paint during switches
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,415

Post#67 » by Roscoe Sheed » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:50 am

LamarWho wrote:Just as I thought Joe Ingles been quiet....

He has to be the most underrated player in the NBA. He basically has no weaknesses- can shoot, dribble drive, pass, defend. I'm still very mad that Doc cut him years ago. He seems to hold a grudge too against the Clippers still- I can't remember him ever having a bad game against them.
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#68 » by Max Headrom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:51 am

JazzyPhinz wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:The way the Clippers are playing without 3 huge pieces, Utah doesn't concern me as much. They should be blowing this Clippers team out right now
And they did

Congrats on beating the Agua Caliente Clippers, now scram
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#69 » by Max Headrom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:52 am

Clemenza wrote:
Max Headrom wrote:
Clemenza wrote:Anything can happen. This gritty team can change back to some other sh*t once PG and Kawhi come back. Not saying this will happen but you know are things are in this game. But I'm sick of this Jazz team every since we were Lob City. We need to beat these MF's on Friday point blank!!

I agree with everything you're saying but take this into context.. we were all looking forward to the Utah, Utah, Brooklyn week. The big dogs out against Minny, Cleveland and the likes is fine but this was/is the week to see what's what. Don't dismiss that

Not dismissing that but what good did dominating Denver in the regular season amount to in the playoffs? The regular season can only tell you so much
ForeverRDjazz
Starter
And1: 541

Post#70 » by ForeverRDjazz » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:01 am

Well I think the Jazz did what they had to do with short handed Clippers. Like to see healthy team Friday but you can only play the team you guy put on the floor. Pretty scrappy Clips the first half and then Jazz went on little run and you could see panic kicking in second half. Players felt the Jazz going on a run. No surprise playing short handed. Get healthy soon!
Max Headrom
Sixth Man

Post#71 » by Max Headrom » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:15 am

ForeverRDjazz wrote:Well I think the Jazz did what they had to do with short handed Clippers. Like to see healthy team Friday but you can only play the team you guy put on the floor. Pretty scrappy Clips the first half and then Jazz went on little run and you could see panic kicking in second half. Players felt the Jazz going on a run. No surprise playing short handed. Get healthy soon!

Yeah, seems like the Clippers ran out of gas, can't ask for much more being shorthanded as they were. Hopefully the teams meet in the playoffs 8-)
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,901

Post#72 » by esqtvd » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:31 am

Read on Twitter
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#73 » by TheNewEra » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:44 am

Why didn’t we not even try Serge in the 4th?
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#74 » by TheNewEra » Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:46 am

Didn’t have the fire power to keep up once Mitchell and Ingles got going with some Clarkson for extra measure
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#75 » by TheNewEra » Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:39 am

Ike the first half you can’t let the guards and wings get down hill and if you do then you have to bring help with rotations. Morris had a lot of fatigue fouls
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,290

Post#76 » by playaloc916 » Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:29 pm

Disappointing that the Clips lost a winnable game, but having said that, I was pleasantly surprised they were even in the game in the first place. What can we realistically expect missing two MVP level players and an elite glue guy, going against the number one team in the league?

Guys who aren't used to these many minutes are probably gassed. A lot of things can be cleaned up, but the bench players are getting much needed experience. The team just has to weather the storm until the team starts getting players back.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,749

Post#77 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:31 pm

KENNARD EFFECT
KL2
Analyst
And1: 1,707

Post#78 » by KL2 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:40 am

So this is encouraging. First time George has been listed as anything but out. However, I’ll believe it when I see them on the court with how this team announces injuries and playing/not playing in a blink.

Read on Twitter
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,415

Post#79 » by Roscoe Sheed » Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:20 am

I'm still so disappointed the Clippers cut Ingles years ago. What a huge mistake.
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,901

Post#80 » by esqtvd » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:59 am

Roscoe Sheed wrote:I'm still so disappointed the Clippers cut Ingles years ago. What a huge mistake.

Well, they did bring him to America in the first place. I liked him too, from the first preseason game. He ran the court well and was always in the right place on both ends of the court. But he shot horribly, we needed a guard and we already had everybody but Ingles on a guaranteed contract.

The plan was to slip Ingles through waivers and pick him back up later after roster situation was dealt with. But the Jazz swooped in, although frankly at the time I thought it was partly to keep #5 pick Dante Exum company in transitioning to America, as they are both Aussies. Utah had a lottery team that year and throwing their 15th spot at Ingles was a no-lose crapshoot.

But once again, between CP, BG and DJ eating up most of the sal cap, there was little flexibilty. Add in Sterling's cheapness and that was that.

That team still somehow won 56 games, with only 6 real NBA players plus half a season of 22-year old Austin Rivers.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-report-20190116-story.html

Ingles began his career in his native Australia, then played to Spain and Israel before joining the Clippers for training camp in October 2014. Clippers coaches found him to be a well-liked teammate whose basketball intelligence showed in meetings. He averaged only 1.2 points and 1.0 rebound during five preseason games but coaches looked beyond the statistics at his skillset: Great vision and a good shooter, too, even if didn’t display the accuracy that has made him invaluable in Utah.

“He was solid but you know, he was on the third unit so he wasn’t getting a lot of (opportunity),” said Jazz forward Ekpe Udoh, who was then a Clipper. “He wants to compete and just show people that he can play. He’s done that since the beginning of time, from Europe to here.”

The Clippers were intrigued but even they couldn’t have predicted the kind of contributor he’s become.

An injury to guard Jordan Farmar sealed Ingles’ fate. Needing a backup for starting point guard Chris Paul, the Clippers opted to keep guard Jared Cunningham than hold onto Ingles.

Without using Donald Sterling’s name, Rivers intimated it was the former owner’s preference to keep roster costs low that forced the team’s hand. The Clippers could have kept Ingles on the 15-man roster, but it would have required releasing someone else while paying out their contract.

“Unfortunately I was working for someone who said we couldn’t eat a contract and that’s life,” Rivers said. “We were begging to try to just, ‘Let’s eat one contract.’ And they said, ‘That will never happen.’ So we had to let him go.”

The Jazz claimed Ingles three days later off waivers and beat Jordan Hamilton for the team’s final roster spot. Both Ingles and Utah have reaped the rewards since.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers