ImageImageImageImageImage

The move that will win LAC the title

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Re: The move that will win LAC the title 

Post#21 » by nickhx2 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:50 pm

"th-th-th-th-ey *sniff* di-di-dn't *sniff* li-like my terr-terr-terrible trade idea and now i'm s-s-s-s-s-s-s-o MAD"
nickhx2
RealGM
And1: 6,260

Post#22 » by nickhx2 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:51 pm

(that's you, bro)
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#23 » by NickP » Thu Feb 25, 2021 5:12 pm

JDthrillinger wrote:U really think this is a championship team? Because its not

Yes because Westbrook is such a championship caliber player. That stat hog can get all the stats he wants. In Washington.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,196

Post#24 » by Clemenza » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:28 pm

JDthrillinger wrote:U really think this is a championship team? Because its not

We're just fans of the team dude. You think we can just call up Ballmer and Lawrence Frank and tell them about the trade proposals we've whipped up on RealGM and the ESPN trade machine??? All this trade sh*t is literally out of our hands, what part of that do you not understand? You need to fall back and chill. Surprised the mods haven't locked this thread yet.
JDthrillinger
Sophomore
And1: 14

Post#25 » by JDthrillinger » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:33 pm

nickhx2 wrote:"th-th-th-th-ey *sniff* di-di-dn't *sniff* li-like my terr-terr-terrible trade idea and now i'm s-s-s-s-s-s-s-o MAD"

How do the Clippers win the title this year? some of you seem to be content with a bronze medal. Looks to me like CLippers are a (kind of) very good team clearly behind the Lakers & Nets. As a fan you should have realistic ideas on how to get over the hump.
JDthrillinger
Sophomore

Post#26 » by JDthrillinger » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:34 pm

TO me the position they need to upgrade is Point Guard. Shocked noone else has an idea on what to do here other then people hating a singular player I suggested. Eric Bledsoe wouldn't be bad but to me he's not going to move the needle enough.
JDthrillinger
Sophomore

Post#27 » by JDthrillinger » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:47 pm

/How about Derozen? Between him PG and Kawhi you dont need to start a true Point guard
JDthrillinger
Sophomore

Post#28 » by JDthrillinger » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:49 pm

or Oladipo. I personally feel westbrook is better then Derozen and Oladipo for the clippers but feel free to comment
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#29 » by clipperlover » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:42 am

JDthrillinger wrote:
clipperlover wrote:Outside of being a terrible trade. The ESPN trade machine should not have allowed this trade. Neither team could support this trade because of the minimum roster requirements. Washington has to be able to remove the number of players from their roster to support the incoming players. Then, the Clippers would have to fill their roster, but would be hard capped.

While ESPN may approve it based on their programming, the NBA wouldn't.

terrible for who? easy solutions. washington sends 4 of the expirings coming in to another team for 1 larger expiring contract. clippers immediately elevate coffey from 2way contract to guaranteed

Again. You haven't even addressed the fact the number of players involved and the roster moves required makes this a complete and total non-starter for both teams. If we are going to give up all of these players in a Back To School Fantasyland type of deal, why not try to trade of one of these players that are getting paid less:
1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. Kyrie
4. Jimmy Buckets

Now, if you want to talk about realistic options to upgrade the roster that could be achievable and not gut the team completely, I think you can look at the following:
1.Marcus Smart
2. Ricky Rubio
3. Oladipo
4. Patty Mills
5. Bledsoe - not liking the three remaining years, but moving Kennard and would be the way to stomach those extra years.
6. Terry Rozier
clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Post#30 » by clipperlover » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:06 am

Just saw Bledsoe's contract is only guaranteed for $4M for 2022/2023 if cut by Jun 30, 2022. I would be more open to moving for him knowing that.

One end of roster move that I would like to see the Clippers make is to snag Sindarius Thornwell in some kind of a deal. I would not expect him to come in and be any kind of savior, but I think think he would fit in well with Kawhi, PG, Mann and PB. PB always seems to get hurt and having Sindarius would give us another solid perimeter defender (he might get even better playing with Kawhi and PG). Would rather he on the court with Lou Williams than Reggie or Kennard.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,063

Post#31 » by og15 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:31 am

This really should be locked for absurdity, but if people want to discuss it, it can continue.

The trade is already ridiculous, but the hard cap must have also gone away, lol

I read through, nothing to discuss, OP didn't do basic research before posting

Return to Los Angeles Clippers