ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 33 : Washington Wizards (11-17) @ Los Angeles Clippers (22-10) - 10:00PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

Max Headrom
Sixth Man
And1: 2,202

Re: Game 33 : Washington Wizards (11-17) @ Los Angeles Clippers (22-10) - 10:00PM 

Post#61 » by Max Headrom » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:34 am

That's not a real quote from Mann, it's a spoof of what Jordan did before...lol
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,899

Re: Game 33 : Washington Wizards (11-17) @ Los Angeles Clippers (22-10) - 10:00PM 

Post#62 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:37 am

TheNewEra wrote:Wish we would of saw more of Kennard tonight. I would give Lou another healthy scratch to see if this game was more rust for Luke not playing.

He flashed some good play but shots didn’t fall

Reggie has the Messiah Complex. A good player who often ruins his game trying to be great. But Kennard is the opposite. If he couldn't shoot the three he wouldn't even be in the league. I have no idea what the front office saw in him. No assists, no rebounds, no D. At least JJ Redick ran around the court like a maniac. Somebody has to explain this one to me. We got Reggie Jackson for the minimum.

17 points, plus+18
I'm so wtf bro
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#63 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:14 am

Clemenza wrote:
TheNewEra wrote:Wish we would of saw more of Kennard tonight. I would give Lou another healthy scratch to see if this game was more rust for Luke not playing.

I also would like to see another game with that second unit without Lou just to know where they stand going forward

As previously noted on this thread Ty played the living sh*it out of Lou over the last 10 games. For a 34-year-old bench player Lou was a fkng hero stepping up with 9 consecutive 15+-point games. after playing through all January with a hip pointer.

Lou just had a better month than Kennard ever had or probably ever will. [And this INCLUDES the Nets game!]

https://www.espn.com/nba/player/gamelog/_/id/2799/lou-williams

27 mpg
17.5 ppg
46% FG
39.5% 3-pt
3.1 rpg
5.3 apg
1.2 STEALS PER GAME

So forgive me when I look at Luke Kennard and I see Jared Dudley and Spencer Hawes. You know what I mean. It's not that I hate Kennard but it makes me really angry when one of the greatest Clippers of all time is so disrespected. Lou's still bringing it at age 34 on the last year of his contract and Ballmer is gonna kick him to the curb come June.

And Lou knows it. Respect.
NickP
Bench Warmer
And1: 918

Post#64 » by NickP » Wed Feb 24, 2021 2:12 pm

Yeah Lou sure steps up, in regular season.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,223

Post#65 » by Clemenza » Wed Feb 24, 2021 6:43 pm

esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:

I also would like to see another game with that second unit without Lou just to know where they stand going forward

As previously noted on this thread Ty played the living sh*it out of Lou over the last 10 games. For a 34-year-old bench player Lou was a fkng hero stepping up with 9 consecutive 15+-point games. after playing through all January with a hip pointer.

Lou just had a better month than Kennard ever had or probably ever will. [And this INCLUDES the Nets game!]

27 mpg
17.5 ppg
46% FG
39.5% 3-pt
3.1 rpg
5.3 apg
1.2 STEALS PER GAME

So forgive me when I look at Luke Kennard and I see Jared Dudley and Spencer Hawes. You know what I mean. It's not that I hate Kennard but it makes me really angry when one of the greatest Clippers of all time is so disrespected. Lou's still bringing it at age 34 on the last year of his contract and Ballmer is gonna kick him to the curb come June.

Only time I've really bashed Lou was his play in the bubble last season. My statement came from wanting us needing to have alternate sets, alternate rotations, and a plan B & C if Lou Will is off in big games and in the postseason. Don't quote me and add extra narratives that didn't come from me
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#66 » by MartinToVaught » Wed Feb 24, 2021 7:39 pm

NickP wrote:Yeah Lou sure steps up, in regular season.

And even then, rarely against the elite teams. He's great at scoring against lottery teams' backups, though. Just like Jamal and Trez.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#67 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:42 pm

Clemenza wrote:
esqtvd wrote:
Clemenza wrote:I also would like to see another game with that second unit without Lou just to know where they stand going forward

27 mpg
17.5 ppg
46% FG
39.5% 3-pt
3.1 rpg
5.3 apg
1.2 STEALS PER GAME

Only time I've really bashed Lou was his play in the bubble last season. My statement came from wanting us needing to have alternate sets, alternate rotations, and a plan B & C if Lou Will is off in big games and in the postseason. Don't quote me and add extra narratives that didn't come from me

Not directed at you at all, sorry. Looking at the game logs, I too was surprised at what a great 9-game streak Lou just ran off after a truly horrid January. I think we should be realistic about our expectations for a 34-year-old who's about the middle of our salary ladder and indeed I sounded the warning that Ty was overplaying him, over 30 minutes 3 games in a row. His legs were surely dead in the Nets game and Ty gave him a well-earned night off.

As previously noted, Reggie is here more as backup for Bev or Lou than as a rotation piece but I hope Ty goes to him on nights Lou doesn't have it. Hopefully this year were not as dependent on Lou as we have been the past few years, and he can be more productive on fewer minutes and taking fewer shots. Ty has him at 22 mpg instead of the 26-28 he's played in other years. That's perfect.
esqtvd
RealGM

Post#68 » by esqtvd » Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:29 pm

https://www.clipsnation.com/2021/2/24/22298642/la-clippers-news-ivica-zubac-dunk-trash-talk-ty-lue-finish-strong

After Ivica Zubac threw down a hammer dunk on Dāvis Bertāns Tuesday, he didn’t say anything to the Washington Wizards forward. Instead, Zubac directed his trash talk at Ty Lue.

Read on Twitter

“He made me hear about it because I have been talking stuff to him about his finishing and whatever,” Lue said postgame about Zubac’s poster dunk. “He said, ‘is that a good enough finish for you?’ So yeah, he’s talking stuff.”

As Lue noted, Zubac was warranted in talking back to his coach. The Clippers staff has been giving the center a hard time for his finishing, but they also have a point. He has been blocked 20 times this season on 157 field-goal attempts (12.7 percent). Consider that the best defensive centers in the league have block rates of less than ten percent, and it’s clear that Zubac has taken his fair share of rejections.

Conversely, Zubac has only earned three and-ones the entire season. Even though he’s made 69 percent of his field-goal attempts, the coaches feel Zubac hasn’t done a good enough job of finishing through contact. As the big man on the Clippers roster, the lone seven-footer, the team wants him to be better. It has gotten to the point that Lue is showing Zubac video of the coach’s dunking days to inspire the 23-year-old to play stronger.
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,744

Post#69 » by madmaxmedia » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:29 pm

esqtvd wrote:https://www.clipsnation.com/2021/2/24/22298642/la-clippers-news-ivica-zubac-dunk-trash-talk-ty-lue-finish-strong

After Ivica Zubac threw down a hammer dunk on Dāvis Bertāns Tuesday, he didn’t say anything to the Washington Wizards forward. Instead, Zubac directed his trash talk at Ty Lue.

Read on Twitter

“He made me hear about it because I have been talking stuff to him about his finishing and whatever,” Lue said postgame about Zubac’s poster dunk. “He said, ‘is that a good enough finish for you?’ So yeah, he’s talking stuff.”

As Lue noted, Zubac was warranted in talking back to his coach. The Clippers staff has been giving the center a hard time for his finishing, but they also have a point. He has been blocked 20 times this season on 157 field-goal attempts (12.7 percent). Consider that the best defensive centers in the league have block rates of less than ten percent, and it’s clear that Zubac has taken his fair share of rejections.

Conversely, Zubac has only earned three and-ones the entire season. Even though he’s made 69 percent of his field-goal attempts, the coaches feel Zubac hasn’t done a good enough job of finishing through contact. As the big man on the Clippers roster, the lone seven-footer, the team wants him to be better. It has gotten to the point that Lue is showing Zubac video of the coach’s dunking days to inspire the 23-year-old to play stronger.

I think this is an awesome story all around. Great finish by Zu, and good healthy back and forth with the coaching staff.

Return to Los Angeles Clippers