ImageImageImageImageImage

Game 38 : Los Angeles Clippers (24-13) @ Washington Wizards (13-20) - 7:00PM

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Re: Game 38 : Los Angeles Clippers (24-13) @ Washington Wizards (13-20) - 7:00PM 

Post#81 » by RingColluder » Fri Mar 5, 2021 2:57 am

og15 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:Folks, I don't want to be arguing with all of you all season so I'll say this.

Zubac is an absolute garbage atrocious horrible barely backup big man. Got totally exposed and trashed by ROBIN **** LOPEZ as a 2nd lineup, HAS ZERO HANDS.. NEEDED TO GET THAT BALL ONJ THE FINAL FREE THROW

all he does is throw up shots and hopes it goes in.

Absolute disaster.

You are talking about MONTREZ when Zu IS A WALKING PAPER THIN BILLBOARD and ruined our 2nd team with his horrible defense? I can't **** believe some of you were hyping Zu all last season.

We ruined a relatively good game from Kennard (still issues on defense) and a fantastic game by Bev and a resurgence by Bev and initially good game by Kawhi.

BENCH BATUM. PUT IN MORRIS.

This team is horrible. ABSOLUTE GARBAGE. I AM FURIOUS.

That last rebound had little to do with Zubac, he had his man pinned, and a guard came and tipped the ball from behind out of his eyesight. That’s on whomever was next to Westbrook and was supposed to put a body on him and decided not to do so.

Morris was out for this game....

I mean Morris needs to start over Batum in the future. Sick of Batum's **** and his wide open missed 3's. He can help the team defensively great for the 2nd team but Morris is 3x the player he is on BOTH ends of the court.

Thats fine for Zu on the last rebound, but he had some absolutely horrid stretches on the court including his last few minutes before getting taken out in the 4th. Horrid. How not a single person mentioned that in this thread is remarkable to me.

We need a PG and a legitimate center. Zu will move to 3rd string in the Kennard role. I'd even try Fi at this point.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Re: Game 38 : Los Angeles Clippers (24-13) @ Washington Wizards (13-20) - 7:00PM 

Post#82 » by RingColluder » Fri Mar 5, 2021 2:58 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
poultryfan wrote:Wow, so tonight's loss makes them 2-5 over the last 7 games? I really hope they pick it up because no one wants to be 4th seed this year assuming Denver moves up to 5th.

We're only, what, 2 games up on the 8th seed? Just making the playoffs at all might be an overachievement for this joke of a team.

we might not make the playoffs and im being serious.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,176

Post#83 » by og15 » Fri Mar 5, 2021 2:59 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
poultryfan wrote:Wow, so tonight's loss makes them 2-5 over the last 7 games? I really hope they pick it up because no one wants to be 4th seed this year assuming Denver moves up to 5th.

We're only, what, 2 games up on the 8th seed? Just making the playoffs at all might be an overachievement for this joke of a team.

8th seed is still 4 games back, but no one is afraid of missing the playoffs, but the goal isn’t simply to make the playoffs. If this team isn’t a top 2 or at minimum top 3 record, it would simply be a sign that they are not a contender.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,272

Post#84 » by Scoundreldays » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:00 am

Didn't get to watch the game and from everyone's comments I'm glad I did not. From score looks like we once again failed in the clutch. This team really needs to use this break to their advantage to pull their heads out of their ass.

Since it seems like Kennard had a decent game does anyone think it would be better to have him start with the starters and move Pat Bev to the second squad to add some much needed defense?

With how this team is playing I'd be happy making it past the first round.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#85 » by og15 » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:01 am

RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:Folks, I don't want to be arguing with all of you all season so I'll say this.

Zubac is an absolute garbage atrocious horrible barely backup big man. Got totally exposed and trashed by ROBIN **** LOPEZ as a 2nd lineup, HAS ZERO HANDS.. NEEDED TO GET THAT BALL ONJ THE FINAL FREE THROW

Absolute disaster.

You are talking about MONTREZ when Zu IS A WALKING PAPER THIN BILLBOARD and ruined our 2nd team with his horrible defense? I can't **** believe some of you were hyping Zu all last season.

We ruined a relatively good game from Kennard (still issues on defense) and a fantastic game by Bev and a resurgence by Bev and initially good game by Kawhi.

That last rebound had little to do with Zubac, he had his man pinned, and a guard came and tipped the ball from behind out of his eyesight. That’s on whomever was next to Westbrook and was supposed to put a body on him and decided not to do so.

I mean Morris needs to start over Batum in the future. Sick of Batum's **** and his wide open missed 3's. He can help the team defensively great for the 2nd team but Morris is 3x the player he is on BOTH ends of the court.

Thats fine for Zu on the last rebound, but he had some absolutely horrid stretches on the court including his last few minutes before getting taken out in the 4th. Horrid. How not a single person mentioned that in this thread is remarkable to me.

We need a PG and a legitimate center. Zu will move to 3rd string in the Kennard role. I'd even try Fi at this point.

Overall in the game Zu did great, so I’m not sure why you would have expected people in the thread to be crapping on him. He was altering shots at the basket and held his own on offense. Ibaka was the big who was a non-factor in this game if we want to get on someone. His (Zu's) minutes were quite positive for the team.
TheNewEra
RealGM
And1: 10,409

Post#86 » by TheNewEra » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:06 am

What was Reggie talking to Lou about lol
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,225

Post#87 » by Clemenza » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:07 am

og15 wrote:
Clemenza wrote:No PG and no Morris Sr. Three losses in a row is terrible but there's some positives to work with.. Namely Mann and Kennard, baring only if Kennard can build from this game. If this is the real Kennard then have him run point and focus on adding another big to the team. The game actually turned when Mann was subbed out of the game. I know the sky is falling with a couple of posters on here but after a rest Ty Lue has some players to work with. Cut back on the minutes for Batum and Reggie, move Lou Will to the two guard. More Mann and more Kennard if this is the real them going forward

Kennard actually brought a real nice performance tonight, him and Kennard could be a good combination together, but Kennard doesn’t seem to be able to consistently be useful next to Lou, so that is a problem. The pieces are just struggling too much to really fit together.

Yeah get Lou Will to play off ball. The team could get more with Kennard at point. Too many turnovers and players standing there watching Lou with him running point. I say get another big in a trade or buyout. That's more pressing of a need over a pg imo. If Mann keeps down this path he's going to help the team big time come playoff time.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#88 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:09 am

og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

8th seed is still 4 games back, but no one is afraid of missing the playoffs, but the goal isn’t simply to make the playoffs. If this team isn’t a top 2 or at minimum top 3 record, it would simply be a sign that they are not a contender.

IDK, I wouldn't be shocked if we missed the playoffs. This team has gotten to the point where just winning a game feels impossible. Having a big lead isn't enough, even getting to play a lottery team is no longer enough, and God forbid it's a close game in the fourth quarter. Maybe that fluke early-season winning streak against garbage opponents will end up saving us.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,187

Post#89 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:10 am

Scoundreldays wrote:Since it seems like Kennard had a decent game does anyone think it would be better to have him start with the starters and move Pat Bev to the second squad to add some much needed defense?

I'm very hesitant to judge Kennard on this game because the Wizards are a bad team with a bad defense. I'd like to think it's a confidence booster for him, but who knows.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#90 » by RingColluder » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:11 am

og15 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:That last rebound had little to do with Zubac, he had his man pinned, and a guard came and tipped the ball from behind out of his eyesight. That’s on whomever was next to Westbrook and was supposed to put a body on him and decided not to do so.

Overall in the game Zu did great, so I’m not sure why you would have expected people in the thread to be crapping on him. He was altering shots at the basket and held his own on offense. Ibaka was the big who was a non-factor in this game if we want to get on someone. His minutes were quite positive for the team.

Totally disagree. Do we really need to go over every single possession step by step in the 2nd half or is this just some biased argument stemming from last year? I don't want to get argumentative, but it might have to come to a point where I'm literally tracking possession by possession the issues in his game. He was constantly getting lost on switches and people were always driving to the basket. We saw on the last timeout Ty Lue and Lou Williams were upset at him for multiple possessions and could even hear Ty Lue yelling for Zu to get in position at one point.

Held his own on offense?!?! We barely see 1 or 2 successful post moves from him successfully. The one bright spot was some of the back and forth with him and Kennard. They will fit well together on the 3rd lineup when/if we get a big man.

I agree Ibaka was very invisible this game as well.

Question though: Do you believe Zu has played well this year? Do you thin the has regressed? I need to understand what level of support he has on this board since it appears Martin has given up on him. It's astonishing to me people actually believe he can provide worthwhile minutes this year.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#91 » by RingColluder » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:11 am

MartinToVaught wrote:
Scoundreldays wrote:Since it seems like Kennard had a decent game does anyone think it would be better to have him start with the starters and move Pat Bev to the second squad to add some much needed defense?

I'm very hesitant to judge Kennard on this game because the Wizards are a bad team with a bad defense. I'd like to think it's a confidence booster for him, but who knows.

He's our last hope.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#92 » by RingColluder » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:12 am

Scoundreldays wrote:Didn't get to watch the game and from everyone's comments I'm glad I did not. From score looks like we once again failed in the clutch. This team really needs to use this break to their advantage to pull their heads out of their ass.

Since it seems like Kennard had a decent game does anyone think it would be better to have him start with the starters and move Pat Bev to the second squad to add some much needed defense?

With how this team is playing I'd be happy making it past the first round.

Absolutely not. While he shot the ball well, he was constantly getting screen and rolled to death and can't fight over a pick to save his life. At best, second team.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#93 » by TheNewEra » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:14 am

RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:

Absolute disaster.

Horrid stretches when he was a +20 and I thought you loved that stat?
poultryfan
Senior
And1: 875

Post#94 » by poultryfan » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:15 am

og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:

I know it's not happening but missing the playoffs would be beyond comical. I don't think I'd have the heart to watch another Clippers game again.

It's tough to consider them true contenders right now, especially after tonight's game. Basically looks like a three-man race between Lakers, Nets, and Jazz with the Clippers dropping to the darkhorse/borderline contenders tier ie. Bucks, Suns, Nuggets, and Sixers. And at this point they're probably somewhere at the bottom of that list.
TheNewEra
RealGM

Post#95 » by TheNewEra » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:15 am

og15 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:That last rebound had little to do with Zubac, he had his man pinned, and a guard came and tipped the ball from behind out of his eyesight. That’s on whomever was next to Westbrook and was supposed to put a body on him and decided not to do so.

Overall in the game Zu did great, so I’m not sure why you would have expected people in the thread to be crapping on him. He was altering shots at the basket and held his own on offense. Ibaka was the big who was a non-factor in this game if we want to get on someone. His (Zu's) minutes were quite positive for the team.

Can’t see what more he could of done. He needed a rest and maybe should of came back sooner but he tried
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#96 » by og15 » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:15 am

RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

Overall in the game Zu did great, so I’m not sure why you would have expected people in the thread to be crapping on him. He was altering shots at the basket and held his own on offense. Ibaka was the big who was a non-factor in this game if we want to get on someone. His minutes were quite positive for the team.

Totally disagree. Do we really need to go over every single possession step by step in the 2nd half or is this just some biased argument stemming from last year? I don't want to get argumentative, but it might have to come to a point where I'm literally tracking possession by possession the issues in his game. He was constantly getting lost on switches and people were always driving to the basket. We saw on the last timeout Ty Lue and Lou Williams were upset at him for multiple possessions and could even hear Ty Lue yelling for Zu to get in position at one point.

Held his own on offense?!?! We barely see 1 or 2 successful post moves from him successfully. The one bright spot was some of the back and forth with him and Kennard. They will fit well together on the 3rd lineup when/if we get a big man.

Question though: Do you believe Zu has played well this year? Do you thin the has regressed? I need to understand what level of support he has on this board since it appears Martin has given up on him. It's astonishing to me people actually believe he can provide worthwhile minutes this year.
Zubac hasn’t regressed, people are just not doing a good job separating a players performance from the lineups they play with. Zubac played almost all his minutes with the starting players last season, and this season he plays almost all his minutes with the bench. Playing with the starters where the best defenders were made him look better on defense, and playing with the best offensive players made any offensive deficiencies less important.
poultryfan
Senior
And1: 875

Post#97 » by poultryfan » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:18 am

MartinToVaught wrote:IDK, I wouldn't be shocked if we missed the playoffs. This team has gotten to the point where just winning a game feels impossible. Having a big lead isn't enough, even getting to play a lottery team is no longer enough, and God forbid it's a close game in the fourth quarter. Maybe that fluke early-season winning streak against garbage opponents will end up saving us.

For sure as a fan it's a low point in the season. Even worse than when they lost by like 80 points against the Mavs.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers

Post#98 » by og15 » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:19 am

poultryfan wrote:
og15 wrote:
MartinToVaught wrote:We're only, what, 2 games up on the 8th seed? Just making the playoffs at all might be an overachievement for this joke of a team.

I know it's not happening but missing the playoffs would be beyond comical. I don't think I'd have the heart to watch another Clippers game again.

It's tough to consider them true contenders right now, especially after tonight's game. Basically looks like a three-man race between Lakers, Nets, and Jazz with the Clippers dropping to the darkhorse/borderline contenders tier ie. Bucks, Suns, Nuggets, and Sixers. And at this point they're probably somewhere at the bottom of that list.

Davis has been out, but Lakers are 3-7 in their last 10 compared to 4-6 for the Clippers. Things aren’t going so great for them either.
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#99 » by RingColluder » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:19 am

TheNewEra wrote:
RingColluder wrote:

Horrid stretches when he was a +20 and I thought you loved that stat?

Um, what? When have I ever said I loved +/-?
RingColluder
Pro Prospect

Post#100 » by RingColluder » Fri Mar 5, 2021 3:21 am

og15 wrote:
RingColluder wrote:
og15 wrote:Overall in the game Zu did great, so I’m not sure why you would have expected people in the thread to be crapping on him. He was altering shots at the basket and held his own on offense. Ibaka was the big who was a non-factor in this game if we want to get on someone. His minutes were quite positive for the team.

Zubac hasn’t regressed, people are just not doing a good job separating a players performance from the lineups they play with. Zubac played almost all his minutes with the starting players last season, and this season he plays almost all his minutes with the bench. Playing with the starters where the best defenders were made him look better on defense, and playing with the best offensive players made any offensive deficiencies less important.

I 100% agree with this, but I'm not sure how you get to the conclusion one is the real Zu and the other is not. Anyone would look good playing with 2 All Stars PG and Kawhi. In my view he's getting totally exposed now on the 2nd team specifically his offensive game.

Who do you blame them on the 2nd team for the issues with the team if not Zu?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers