ImageImageImageImageImage

Blake

Moderators: og15, TrueLAfan

clipperlover
Rookie
And1: 978

Blake 

Post#1 » by clipperlover » Fri Mar 5, 2021 5:28 pm

Apparently, Clips and Lakers are interested in him.

I am not opposed to bringing him in, but we would have to make some other moves. Plus, Ballmer would have to apologize to Blake and tell him that he realizes Doc was the issue.

I think we could use him.

I think the best move for him could be Denver. Jokic is exactly the type of C Blake has always needed to have as a sidekick. He can move off the perimeter.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,083

Re: Blake 

Post#2 » by og15 » Fri Mar 5, 2021 5:30 pm

clipperlover wrote:Apparently, Clips and Lakers are interested in him.

I am not opposed to bringing him in, but we would have to make some other moves. Plus, Ballmer would have to apologize to Blake and tell him that he realizes Doc was the issue.

I think we could use him.

I think the best move for him could be Denver. Jokic is exactly the type of C Blake has always needed to have as a sidekick. He can move off the perimeter.

The fact that Blake got bought out due to injury issues and subpar play kinda supports Balmer and the teams decision to trade him. Why would Balmer be apologizing? Hindsight further showed that it was the right move.

That said, I would welcome Blake back. He's still a capable playmaker, a guy you can give the ball to and have other guys move around for him to find them. Of course the concern is if you can keep him on the court defensively.

-------

In terms of Denver, why would Jokic and him make sense? Jokic needs a solid defensive PF next to him to help him defensively, hence Millsap, and hence why they miss the combo forward Jerami Grant. Blake and Jokic is a terrible pairing. Blake's playmaking is not needed in a team with Jokic, and current Blake with little lift and diminished athleticism is not an inside player. I'm not seeing why that makes much sense.
Scoundreldays
Veteran
And1: 2,224

Post#3 » by Scoundreldays » Fri Mar 5, 2021 5:54 pm

Idk how I feel, we already have enough injury prone players on this team
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#4 » by clipsfever » Fri Mar 5, 2021 6:01 pm

He's such a Lakers guy at this point.
MartinToVaught
RealGM
And1: 17,158

Post#5 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Mar 5, 2021 6:07 pm

I'd love to see Blake come back. He doesn't fix our issues on defense, but he can at least help with the playmaking issue. Plus it would be a feel-good moment in a season that's stopped feeling good at all.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#6 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Mar 5, 2021 6:15 pm

og15 wrote:Why would Balmer be apologizing?

Regardless of whether or not the trade was the right decision, the way the Clippers handled it was less than ideal. They didn't need to lie to him about being a "Clipper for life," and they certainly should have had the class to tell him about the trade ASAP instead of letting him find out about it on Twitter. That's what Ballmer should apologize for, not the trade itself.

Even if Blake doesn't want to come back, an apology would still be the right thing to do because it sucks to be on bad terms with the player who made this franchise respectable.
MartinToVaught
RealGM

Post#7 » by MartinToVaught » Fri Mar 5, 2021 6:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Welp. So much for that. At least it's not the Lakers.
ejftw
General Manager
And1: 3,833

Post#8 » by ejftw » Fri Mar 5, 2021 7:12 pm

Blake wasn't coming here, no matter what, after the way he felt he was mistreated. In either regard, he's cooked and I'd honestly rather get Jordan Bell for big depth.

Him reuniting with DeAndre was a no-brainer, especially without CP to cause any rift.
donemilio21
Analyst
And1: 773

Post#9 » by donemilio21 » Fri Mar 5, 2021 7:35 pm

It's not a fit. We play Kawhi at 4 a lot, and I don't think we would be paying Morris $14M a year to be a 10mpg guy.
He could only make sense for Lakers because AD get injured a lot, so does Blake so they can hope to have one of them available.

I'm glad he is not going Blazers, Suns or Mavs, as he'd actually would fit pretty well to those rosters.
clipsfever
Junior
And1: 150

Post#10 » by clipsfever » Fri Mar 5, 2021 7:38 pm

Lob City reunion at the far edge of the Nets rotation
BenchOnaQUEST
Junior
And1: 147

Flake 

Post#11 » by BenchOnaQUEST » Fri Mar 5, 2021 8:06 pm

ejftw wrote:Blake wasn't coming here, no matter what, after the way he felt he was mistreated. In either regard, he's cooked and I'd honestly rather get Jordan Bell for big depth.

Him reuniting with DeAndre was a no-brainer, especially without CP to cause any rift.

Yep, very true:
https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261735/Blake-Griffin-Expected-To-Sign-With-Nets
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#12 » by esqtvd » Fri Mar 5, 2021 9:32 pm

If Blake plays well with the Nets, will that mean he was dogging it with the Pistons?
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,693

Post#13 » by madmaxmedia » Fri Mar 5, 2021 9:34 pm

Unfortunately he has absolutely nothing left in the tank, not even fumes. I saw him here and there earlier this year, and it was sad to watch. His shooting and playmaking were nice additional facets to his base game, his base game has disappeared due to age and injuries. He's an adequate to subpar shooter, and his playmaking was based on being a post threat and passing out of double teams. But more than anything, his deficiencies on defense are going to far outweigh whatever positive contribution he can make at the offensive end on a playoff team.

I'm not surprised someone took a chance on him, and I do hope he proves me wrong. He'll get some minutes to show his stuff, but in the end I doubt he'll be a part of anyone's playoff rotation.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,083

Post#14 » by og15 » Sat Mar 6, 2021 1:05 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:
og15 wrote:Why would Balmer be apologizing?

Regardless of whether or not the trade was the right decision, the way the Clippers handled it was less than ideal. They didn't need to lie to him about being a "Clipper for life," and they certainly should have had the class to tell him about the trade ASAP instead of letting him find out about it on Twitter. That's what Ballmer should apologize for, not the trade itself.

Even if Blake doesn't want to come back, an apology would still be the right thing to do because it sucks to be on bad terms with the player who made this franchise respectable.
Poster said Ballmer should be apologizing saying that Doc was the problem, that makes no sense, Blake being traded had nothing to do with anything with Doc. The Clippers are not remorseful for trading him, it would be a disaster to still have him. Older CP who people were worried about his age would have been FAR better to keep and has maintained superior top level production while being like 5 years older. That's how much Blake's injuries affected him.

Yes, I agree that in general they should apologize to him for HOW the situation went down, and Ballmer did and likely has further reached out, whether or not Blake has responded is a different question. Apologizing for trading him though, that makes no sense, especially trying to make it a "Doc was the problem explanation" is even worse and would clearly be insincere.
jengmann3
Sophomore
And1: 96

Post#15 » by jengmann3 » Sat Mar 6, 2021 2:55 pm

I disagree with the nothing left in the tank. Obviously he is not the All-NBA player he once was, but I think he can still contribute. I'd basically rather have him than Batum, who over the last 10 games has shooting splits of 39% and 36%. Blake is atleast a better rebounder and scorer. I just think a two man game between blake and pg could be really good in closing situations and blake can make the pass. its a long shot and probably a pointless thought excercise but I do believe he is a fit on this team.
Roscoe Sheed
RealGM
And1: 4,385

Post#16 » by Roscoe Sheed » Sat Mar 6, 2021 6:39 pm

jengmann3 wrote:I disagree with the nothing left in the tank. Obviously he is not the All-NBA player he once was, but I think he can still contribute. I'd basically rather have him than Batum, who over the last 10 games has shooting splits of 39% and 36%. Blake is atleast a better rebounder and scorer. I just think a two man game between blake and pg could be really good in closing situations and blake can make the pass. its a long shot and probably a pointless thought excercise but I do believe he is a fit on this team.

Blake likely is better than his shooting % this year, but Batum is a better defender by a significant margin
RingColluder
Pro Prospect
And1: 240

Post#17 » by RingColluder » Sat Mar 6, 2021 10:45 pm

You guys are delusional if anyone thought he'd even consider for a second the Clippers.

Clippers and Ballmer "Banner in the rafters' betrayed him, he'd go to the Wizards or Kings over us.
Joshuan3
Senior
And1: 178

Post#18 » by Joshuan3 » Sat Mar 6, 2021 11:54 pm

I find it interesting that Blake Griffin liked this tweet.

Read on Twitter
Wammy Giveaway
Starter
And1: 1,078

Almost Official (EDIT: OFFICIAL) 

Post#19 » by Wammy Giveaway » Sun Mar 7, 2021 10:28 pm

Read on Twitter

There goes Lakers getting Blake Griffin to rub it in the Clipper's faces. It will also mean that the Lakers-Clippers playoff series the world has desperately wanted to see is going to be meaningless. Yes, Clippers have yet to face the Lakers in the playoffs, but the addition of a former Clipper who actually made them relevant (either Griffin or Chris Paul) would have forced the Clippers to finally care about taking competition seriously.

Does this actually help or hurt the Clipper's motivation? They still have the Suns and Chris Paul in the west to deal with. The first 2nd round opponent Clippers ever lost to was Suns in 2006 with Brand-Cassell. So maybe it's the Suns who are their main focus, especially if Paul's first true conference finals entrance without an MVP was because he drew the Clippers in the playoffs.

EDIT:

Read on Twitter
esqtvd
RealGM
And1: 3,886

Post#20 » by esqtvd » Mon Mar 8, 2021 1:07 am

Blake played in only 11 games with Pat Bev and 33 with Lou before he was traded. And Ty didn't join the staff until 2019. This Clippers team feels nothing about Blake one way or another.

And nobody played with CP either since Bev and Lou came over from Houston in the trade for him. The slate is clean.
Image Are We Having Fun Yet?

Return to Los Angeles Clippers